Bookworm83

Dec 9, 2019
I felt Lilith's throne was pretty revolutionary when it came out. Writing a whole game engine for your game is pretty impressive and opens up a lot of room for different mechanics. Plus the story was decent. Then it was just years of tiny updates that added little bits of side content here and there.

It seems like a lot of developers do that. They make a good opening push, then fade out into little side upgrades that add very little to the game. When they don't just stop updating entirely. I can't really blame them. I'd probably do the same thing if I made a game. I'd start out all interested and hyped to make stuff, then run out of steam and just add little things out of a sense of obligation.

But it does make games where the developers actually continue things more impressive.

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
I felt Lilith's throne was pretty revolutionary when it came out. Writing a whole game engine for your game is pretty impressive and opens up a lot of room for different mechanics. Plus the story was decent. Then it was just years of tiny updates that added little bits of side content here and there.

It seems like a lot of developers do that. They make a good opening push, then fade out into little side upgrades that add very little to the game. When they don't just stop updating entirely. I can't really blame them. I'd probably do the same thing if I made a game. I'd start out all interested and hyped to make stuff, then run out of steam and just add little things out of a sense of obligation.

But it does make games where the developers actually continue things more impressive.
I'm not sure how revolutionary it was. It looks pretty much exactly like the stuff Fenoxo uses

Bookworm83

Dec 9, 2019
It's an entirely different code base than that. And anyway I play his game very rarely so I don't really know how they are similar or different. But compared to all the html and rpg maker games out there Lilith's Throne was a major departure from the norm.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
It's not dead, in case you are thinking that. It's mainly that there were some internal problems in the team, and everyone is stressed out due to the overall situation. It's being worked on, I promise, but there is no way knowing when it will be far enough to start testing, much less a release.
kk, thx for the heads up

Jul 11, 2019
I hope I'm not being too personal when I ask if the "internal problems" are closer to drama between developers or to real life stuff getting in the way?

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hello, here is a new picture for the game. There isn't much else that can be shown to you since most of the recent work is coding, but I hope you'll like it.
View attachment 1173301
If I had to guess who is who the girl on the far left is Natalie, the one next to her is Eric(a) the one to the right of her is Alice, and the one on the far right is Veronica with an added Ganguro twist for the most of them.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
If I had to guess who is who the girl on the far left is Natalie, the one next to her is Eric(a) the one to the right of her is Alice, and the one on the far right is Veronica with an added Ganguro twist for the most of them.
i can see that.... like a punishment for the party after beating the ninja girls party b4 the council figures out that it wasn't their fault the the ninja girl's

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
Looks more like a minor bad end to me.
For one, Natalie literally didn't even change, which doesn't seem like a very effective punishment

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
For one, Natalie literally didn't even change, which doesn't seem like a very effective punishment
That is a punishment ending? Well I could somewhat see it seeing as Isabelle did have a ganguro version that completely changed her personality though at the same time if it wasn't for the eye colors of the eyes with 2 of the 3 girls not sticking out I wouldn't have been able to makes guesses on who was who outside of Natalie who still has her signature hat.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
That isn't true, they made natalie wear panties in this bad ending. If this isn't punishment enough to her, I don't know what is.

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
Sometimes I really want to take the hat off Eric/Erica's sprite. I like the hat with the first outfit+Sprite but the second outfit makes the hat look almost out of place in my opinion.

Although, if you don't get the hair tf then being able to take the hat off wouldn't be a good idea. Still though. I just want to take it off sometimes.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes