FPA

Feb 22, 2018
The art and story are good and get you hooked, but it is pretty buggy at the moment and there is nothing to do for a lot of the time. It becomes a grind. I got a game-breaking bug when MC does the annoying hand puzzle thing, I read a post above where you should not repeat the handjob scene in the shower to avoid the bug. Not sure I can face the grind of reverting to a previous save. Why not offer a "skip the puzzle" button for people having trouble so we can get to the next scene?

Also, no "shota" tag?

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
The art and story are good and get you hooked, but it is pretty buggy at the moment
Thank you so much, If you report us all bugs you see, we will so appreciate you and will solve all of them
and there is nothing to do for a lot of the time.
We have added some good stories for the next version to solve this problem.
It becomes a grind. I got a game-breaking bug when MC does the annoying hand puzzle thing, I read a post above where you should not repeat the handjob scene in the shower to avoid the bug. Not sure I can face the grind of reverting to a previous save.
This bug is fixed and will be ready in the next version
Why not offer a "skip the puzzle" button for people having trouble so we can get to the next scene?
You can enable cheat mode in options to skip all puzzles, It has a guide in game
Also, no "shota" tag?
(y)

Reactions: FPA

FPA

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you so much, If you report us all bugs you see, we will so appreciate you and will solve all of them

We have added some good stories for the next version to solve this problem.

This bug is fixed and will be ready in the next version

You can enable cheat mode in options to skip all puzzles, It has a guide in game

(y)
Thanks for the reply!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Xenoga'me

lexlucky

Jul 5, 2017
About bugs. I've played for the first time in this game (no previous save files) and I've got version v1.2.19-NU
Different quests can be started multiple times: after informing Rose about car got repaired Bob sends you again and again if you meet him at morning. When you see hint "Rose need her order" art teacher repeats first meeting scene AND in hint page of inventory takes one more slot. I've not tried third one but I'm sure it works so.
At the end of this game on quick tips -> all quests I have: 1) "Waiting for new Quests" (as supposed to be), 2) "Examine a particular painting around" and 3) "Talk to Rose in her room"
You need more strict checking of availability of quest starting
One more bug: Birds picture at Rose's kitchen before quest "Examine a particular painting around" crushes game(You still can rollback and ignore this picture)

P.S.: If someone stuck at point when hint says "Rose need her order" art teacher repeats first meeting scene. Wait for midday and meet him at second floor at school in art teacher's room. Works for me.
P.P.S.: Sometimes it feels like author takes game engine from "Summertime Saga" and makes his story on it. Especially when you open town map and plays background music. In my opinion this game is too linear - you have a little freedom but if you take a step aside you'll find bugs. And you don't have any optional questlines.

Last edited:

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
About bugs. I've played for the first time in this game (no previous save files) and I've got version v1.2.19-NU
Different quests can be started multiple times: after informing Rose about car got repaired Bob sends you again and again if you meet him at morning. When you see hint "Rose need her order" art teacher repeats first meeting scene AND in hint page of inventory takes one more slot. I've not tried third one but I'm sure it works so.
At the end of this game on quick tips -> all quests I have: 1) "Waiting for new Quests" (as supposed to be), 2) "Examine a particular painting around" and 3) "Talk to Rose in her room"
You need more strict checking of availability of quest starting
One more bug: Birds picture at Rose's kitchen before quest "Examine a particular painting around" crushes game(You still can rollback and ignore this picture)

P.S.: If someone stuck at point when hint says "Rose need her order" art teacher repeats first meeting scene. Wait for midday and meet him at second floor at school in art teacher's room. Works for me.
P.P.S.: Sometimes it feels like author takes game engine from "Summertime Saga" and makes his story on it. Especially when you open town map and plays background music. In my opinion this game is too linear - you have a little freedom but if you take a step aside you'll find bugs. And you don't have any optional questlines.
Thanks to you we can now fix those bugs in future versions,
1. All the bugs you mentioned will be fixed in the next update
2. The Game engine we use for the magical gene is "Ren'py" and yes you right both games are made in this engine
3. Hint tab inside inventory will be replaced with (character's status) soon
4. Music for the games are really important and if people won't like it we can remove it from the game
5. This game still in beta version, Bugs never end but we can reduce the number of it with our friends help
6. New storyline will add in new versions and we promise you will be satisfied soon this is just a matter of time
7. We try to give you the best game Please compare our game with itself and help us to get better and better

"Without requirements or design, programming is the art of adding bugs to an empty text file." - Louis Srygley

We appreciate it and give you our endless love because if you don't help us we can't create the best game for you

with all respect Xenoga'me Team

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon59

purplebeaver

Oct 5, 2020
I can't get past the second painting session with the art teacher, I need to retrieve the painting for the Rose; "Rose needs her order". Everytime I try talk with the teacher after class we get introduced like we've never met before, then it puts me back on a quest to tell Rose about the car that's been fixed, which I already did.

I tried what's mentioned here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/magical-gene-v1-2-19-nu-xenogame.64352/post-6155403

didn't work. also tried reloading a save I had but still can't get past the damn art teacher.

I've attacked my save if you want to have a look.

Otherwise I really like the game, the story is great: just wish I could get past this damn bug.

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
I can't get past the second painting session with the art teacher, I need to retrieve the painting for the Rose; "Rose needs her order". Everytime I try talk with the teacher after class we get introduced like we've never met before, then it puts me back on a quest to tell Rose about the car that's been fixed, which I already did.

I tried what's mentioned here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/magical-gene-v1-2-19-nu-xenogame.64352/post-6155403

didn't work. also tried reloading a save I had but still can't get past the damn art teacher.

I've attacked my save if you want to have a look.

Otherwise I really like the game, the story is great: just wish I could get past this damn bug.
Hi, this problem is solved.
Thank you so much for reporting this bug.
We will release a bug fix version for solved bugs soon.
Use this save to continue the game (For NU version)

Reactions: purplebeaver

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
  • Entrance not Enterance, so change the house navigation from "Back to Enterance" to "Back to Entrance"
  • What are you trying to say with: "oh Nobody can hurt Me but your words Will killing me soon" because as it is that sentence is mostly gibberish. I assume we're trying to indicate he's upset about Dr. Mom's threat (which isn't particularly good English) but nothing in the 5 panel narrative gives a clue why that's the case.
  • Hillary visits, two locations unlock on the map, but the map itself doesn't unlock. Go sleep, get up, quick tip is that "Hillary is waiting for you at the police station" yet map is still not active when you go outside of the garage.
  • Map *IS* active from MC's bedroom
  • Begin map tutorial, sound volume totally ignores setting changes made in options and is back to full volume.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Magical Gene [v1.2.33] [Xenoga'me] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 678 MB / 103 MB - MagicalGene-0.1.2.33-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 660 MB / 86 MB - MagicalGene-0.1.2.33-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y) LOAD'n'LIKE - If you LOAD it then LIKE it! (y) Thanks!

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
  • Entrance not Enterance, so change the house navigation from "Back to Enterance" to "Back to Entrance"
  • What are you trying to say with: "oh Nobody can hurt Me but your words Will killing me soon" because as it is that sentence is mostly gibberish. I assume we're trying to indicate he's upset about Dr. Mom's threat (which isn't particularly good English) but nothing in the 5 panel narrative gives a clue why that's the case.
  • Hillary visits, two locations unlock on the map, but the map itself doesn't unlock. Go sleep, get up, quick tip is that "Hillary is waiting for you at the police station" yet map is still not active when you go outside of the garage.
  • Map *IS* active from MC's bedroom
  • Begin map tutorial, sound volume totally ignores setting changes made in options and is back to full volume.
First of all, glad to hear your words about the game, and thank you for your attention and foresight

This game is under construction. The main priority of the team is to provide new versions and focus on solving existing problems
That is, the problems that cause the game to crash are solved first
In any case, thank you for taking the time to contact us and provide your feedback and suggestions.
We are always happy to hear from you

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
  • "Rose is waiting for her car, this is the right time to proof yourself" should be prove, not proof.
  • I have nothing at all to do on any day of the rest of the week, so why not just check with Bob to see if he needs help with the car every morning, have that move the clock to midday and then help Kate in the kitchen, talk in the hallway, have that move the clock to night and MC can then go sleep. Having it be a requirement that the player advance time to get to the next action make the game much less immersive.

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
  • "Rose is waiting for her car, this is the right time to proof yourself" should be prove, not proof.
  • I have nothing at all to do on any day of the rest of the week, so why not just check with Bob to see if he needs help with the car every morning, have that move the clock to midday and then help Kate in the kitchen, talk in the hallway, have that move the clock to night and MC can then go sleep. Having it be a requirement that the player advance time to get to the next action make the game much less immersive.
Thank you for mentioning your typos and seriousness to help the team to improve the game as much as possible

You do not know how lucky we are to have you ❤.❤

Writing problems have been mentioned in various parts of our thread by our friends
And as we have stated many times, this game is under construction and we will do our best to present this game as well as possible. Don't worry Andy will help us soon

WITH ALL RESPECT XENOGA'ME TEAM

Kilmore7466

Oct 30, 2020
When I reach a point when the quick tips tells me "Waiting for new quests...", is that indicating I need to wait for further content to be published, or that I just need to progress the story further?

BDI

May 23, 2017
Thank you for mentioning your typos and seriousness to help the team to improve the game as much as possible

You do not know how lucky we are to have you ❤.❤

Writing problems have been mentioned in various parts of our thread by our friends
And as we have stated many times, this game is under construction and we will do our best to present this game as well as possible. Don't worry Andy will help us soon

WITH ALL RESPECT XENOGA'ME TEAM
When the help is first announced, it is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday----later it turns out to be Sunday instead of Saturday, that should be changed.

no_name_742

Aug 9, 2017
Alright i like this, the animations are great, and the art is not bad and unique; ill keep an eye on it, but its far from perfect (and not just because its wip).

I like sandbox games, i think they give a lot a variety and and opportunity for multiple stories with different characters even overlapping stories but there are right ways and wrong ways to do a sandbox. one of the right ways give the player control over the pace and order of the content they have and a wrong way make it linear. the game is currently linear the only think to do is the next thing objective no control what's so ever.
Basically a sandbox game that linear is just a VN or kinetic novel and if that's what you want make one of those instead. not to mention without cheats active its will suck to figure out what to do next, there are several things to do but the game will only allow 1 correct choice and some objectives are affected by date and time.

im still interested but i hope as development continues it starts actually feeling like a sandbox.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
how to pass that first switch riddle. too hard : ) oh searched ... R3-C3-R2-C1-R1-C2-C4 ...that paper drawing is useless ...

how to use cheats.? i cannot find any menu ...k found in main menu somewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackmcbean

KazzKazz

Dec 16, 2018
I feel compelled to say that after attempting to play this game I find that it's just bad. The writing is bad, the art is bad, the characters are bad.

The game also operates under Standard Point and Click adventure game rules of the 90s which super took me off guard from left field. By those super old school Serria standards the game again is not difficult AS LONG AS YOU ARE READY FOR MOONLOGIC. Sure like if you were looking to get into a puzzle game sort of thing yeah I get it but like the logic the game uses for how to solve puzzles is completely off the wall and despite what the game notes about things being skippable or offering hints... well I just had a really bad time of it, if you get the first puzzle off the bat I wager you might find something here but I don't think it's worth it. The characters looked like they came from entirely different artists and not even good ones. They all seem really bad.

TL;DR
The game looks like a nightmare and promises to be one thing, tries to be another and fails at both.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
When the help is first announced, it is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday----later it turns out to be Sunday instead of Saturday, that should be changed.
It's actually Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
how to pass that first switch riddle. too hard : ) oh searched ... R3-C3-R2-C1-R1-C2-C4 ...that paper drawing is useless ...
You have to rotate the paper to match the configuration of the switches.

1.90 star(s) 14 Votes