Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
1694552676137.png

My 2cents are: if there is a switch On/Off, it still means that the scene is there, you just don't see it...but it's still there, maybe not referenced, but you're not avoiding it, you're SKIPPING it.
If you're playing Mass Effect, for example, and decide to only choose Paragon (good) options because you are against being asshole, does that mean you are "skipping" all the evil scenes? Or... not making them happen because you chose a different path? If you choose to spare a character over killing them... are you skipping all the other segments where they are dead? And vice-versa? I can get wanting to replay to see how it would play out otherwise, but in this case when the other choice is one you want to avoid...?

If you choose no sharing/full harem/OFF button, you are actively choosing this route not to happen, just like how in any other choice based game your decisions shape the story and characters. So, it was a choice, one you chose NOT to do. One would think the wider variety of choices in a game would make it more interesting? I really find it hard to comprehend how that isn't clear and that just the possibility that you, the active player, get to allow the girls to be open to different things (if and only if you want that to happen) immediately negates everything.

This game doesn't present one linear path, but many different lines and you get to choose which to take. If you're not a gay furry, no one is forcing you to fuck the bear in Baldurs Gate, you know? So just... don't? :HideThePain:

aint that technically netorase? sharing the li with other dudes? dont cucks share their li by their own free wiil? or am I missing something? if I am wrong I stand corrected.
I... guess?:WutFace: There are way too many terms with this bullshit, I'm just against humiliating the mc/cheating on him/things against his will etc etc I believe netorase is sorta correct tag but netorare (and...netori?) are not, and since the tags aren't separated here then that's 2v1? ...am I high again? Don't answer that I'll find out on my own.

just my 2cs since you already said that you put the switch on/off for this crap at the start of the game so ( I would guess) that even if a li had to fuck a dude "for story progression", with switch OFF, it wont happen along with the 50% of "consensual sharing/swinging/orgy/bukkake/fuckfest with zero sense" content.

your game looks beautiful model wise and I would guess you have a vision story wise. I feel pretty certain though that your target group ( harem fans) have mostly left the building and wont be back anytime soon. especially when you call them "touchy"

I am glad I read the comments before downloading to be honest. I will keep this in my watch list, but I wont keep my hopes up.
anyways.

best of luck and best of wishes.
Aaww well thanks for the kind words, mate!

As for the on/off story progression, well... I'm constructing the game in a way that only vanilla is "obligatory". So, like, there is nothing tied story wise tied to that content. As an example, in v0.4 we encounter a nice succubus that wants to fuck our brains out, and find ourselves in one of two camps:

OFF Switch-
We can bang her, or leave
ON Switch-
We can bang her, bang her with another dude, or leave

Afterwards, there can be variations in dialgoue depending on what we did. But as you can see, it's not "tied", it just an extra there for people that are interested in that content. In fact, unless I fucked up somewhere, you aren't forced to engage in any sexual content and can choose to avoid it all (finish the game as a pure virgin challenge, GO!).
So not interested? OFF, and there's no way to know there was a sharing posibility (if we ignore that I just explained the scenario now).

I will be taking this image for future use, thank you very much for your patronage.

Sorry, but that's a pretty big assumption. Given that there are people you can miss out on with certain choices, you can share / swing, etc., I don't think "harem fans" are the target audience. Having the tag on a game doesn't necessarily equate to what you might expect from "a harem game". Based on the current F95 rules / definition (which will be changing at some point), this game having the harem tag is correct. It's got the tag because that's what F95 says it should have. If you think the tag is misapplied, you should complain to the F95 staff, not this developer.

Clearly, references to people as "touchy" would imply this might not be targeted to the so-called "pure harem" or "true harem" fans. I don't know why you would ever click on a game that has harem if it also has things like swinging or group sex (as per the planned tags on the OP). If a harem solely dedicated to the MC were my thing, I sure as hell wouldn't click on a game with those other tags, which imply a girl might not only be with the MC. That's like hating vore but clicking on a game with a vore tag. SMH.
This man is spitting facts yall what the fuck

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Sorry, but that's a pretty big assumption. Given that there are people you can miss out on with certain choices, you can share / swing, etc., I don't think "harem fans" are the target audience. Having the tag on a game doesn't necessarily equate to what you might expect from "a harem game". Based on the current F95 rules / definition (which will be changing at some point), this game having the harem tag is correct. It's got the tag because that's what F95 says it should have. If you think the tag is misapplied, you should complain to the F95 staff, not this developer.
share swinging do not belong in a harem game and even though harem tag has a definition in F95, it doesnt mean that it does not target that group as its audience. hence the long list of posts about adding or removing the ntr tag. devs try to keep that tag away cause they know the shitstorm that will ensue. they want their game to succeed and the best way to do so, is to appeal to the harem fans, either pure/hardcore or whatever. have seen it many times in games and I am pretty certain you have seen it too.
I am not complaining to the dev. just stating my thoughts. if you do not want to read them just skip them. no big deal.

Clearly, references to people as "touchy" would imply this might not be targeted to the so-called "pure harem" or "true harem" fans. I don't know why you would ever click on a game that has harem if it also has things like swinging or group sex (as per the planned tags on the OP). If a harem solely dedicated to the MC were my thing, I sure as hell wouldn't click on a game with those other tags, which imply a girl might not only be with the MC. That's like hating vore but clicking on a game with a vore tag. SMH.
calling people who do not share your fetish various names is not good advertisment or makes for a good coversation in general. but thats just me believing in polite behavior. call me a fool if you wish. dont really mind.

I like the art, and I have money to spend. when I see something I like, I check on it. I check tags, future content and the posts to see what is avoidable and what is not. and some games I even download.
now you can SYH all you want, but I am free to click on whatever I want and free to speak my mind in any way I see fit, obviously refraining from personal attacks on posters and creators.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
calling people who do not share your fetish various names is not good advertisment or makes for a good coversation in general. but thats just me believing in polite behavior. call me a foold if you wish. dont really mind.

I like the art, and I have money to spend. when I see something I like, I check on it. I check tags, future content and the posts to see what is avoidable and what is not. and some games I even download.
now you can SYH all you want, but I am free to click on whatever I want and free to speak my mind in any way I see fit, obviously refraining from personal attacks on posters and creators.
Firstly, given what the developer said just before your last post, you don't need to have all of the swinging anyway. So this might be a moot point now.

Also, to be clear, nobody is saying you can't speak your mind. I still think going into a game with one tag while hating other tags that are also in the same game doesn't make any sense. Based on what you said before, you've been disappointed, "burned", or whatever because of this very type of thing. At a certain point, I would just stop clicking stuff with these opposing tags. Capyboobies applied the tag F95 says to; that doesn't mean this is actually a "harem game". And your perspective that "share swinging do not belong in a harem game", again, is a question for the F95 staff to resolve.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Based on what you said before, you've been disappointed, "burned", or whatever because of this very type of thing.
sad, but true. generally I just ignore controversial tags or nonsensical (for me) tags, but if something draws my attention I check it out. that is all there is to it.

that doesn't mean this is actually a "harem game"
well the tag kinda makes it a harem game . that is stated in the tag. HAREM. I dont see why you do not agree on this but ok there is no need to argue on it.

And your perspective that "share swinging do not belong in a harem game", again, is a question for the F95 staff to resolve.
no, not really my prespective. its the harem players perspective, to which I happen to agree. the staff can say what they want but at the end of the day, the players deside if a game is worthy to be played , if it lives up to its tags or not. the players are the ones who will support a dev and the players are the ones a dev who wants to succeed has to at least listen.

this dev pretty much gave me his argument on my thoughts ( and liked the photo lol) and since I am not one of those that want him/her ( or any dev in general) to change their game, I will leave it at that and just let the game go.
I agree with you, everything else is at this point moot .

Pleboir

Aug 7, 2020
Update time again :PogChamp:
I must say, by the way, that I love your choice of music, dev. For me the music gave such an interesting aspect of mystery/other-worldliness (idk how exactly to articulate it) to the world and idk, it just fit. Hope things are well with you!

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Magical Journey to Hell [v0.4] [Capyboobies] Compressed

PC (430MB) -
MAc (425MB) -

IF you like the game support the Dev.

Last edited:

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
1694628635937.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Update time again :PogChamp:
I must say, by the way, that I love your choice of music, dev. For me the music gave such an interesting aspect of mystery/other-worldliness (idk how exactly to articulate it) to the world and idk, it just fit. Hope things are well with you!
Ah, jeez you make me blush. Thanks, I actually spent quite a while listening to different tones searching for the ones I liked the most, glad you found it so fitting!:love:

Pentha

Apr 5, 2020
View attachment 2924932

If you're playing Mass Effect, for example, and decide to only choose Paragon (good) options because you are against being asshole, does that mean you are "skipping" all the evil scenes? Or... not making them happen because you chose a different path? If you choose to spare a character over killing them... are you skipping all the other segments where they are dead? And vice-versa? I can get wanting to replay to see how it would play out otherwise, but in this case when the other choice is one you want to avoid...?

If you choose no sharing/full harem/OFF button, you are actively choosing this route not to happen, just like how in any other choice based game your decisions shape the story and characters. So, it was a choice, one you chose NOT to do. One would think the wider variety of choices in a game would make it more interesting? I really find it hard to comprehend how that isn't clear and that just the possibility that you, the active player, get to allow the girls to be open to different things (if and only if you want that to happen) immediately negates everything.

This game doesn't present one linear path, but many different lines and you get to choose which to take. If you're not a gay furry, no one is forcing you to fuck the bear in Baldurs Gate, you know? So just... don't? :HideThePain:

I... guess?:WutFace: There are way too many terms with this bullshit, I'm just against humiliating the mc/cheating on him/things against his will etc etc I believe netorase is sorta correct tag but netorare (and...netori?) are not, and since the tags aren't separated here then that's 2v1? ...am I high again? Don't answer that I'll find out on my own.

Aaww well thanks for the kind words, mate!

As for the on/off story progression, well... I'm constructing the game in a way that only vanilla is "obligatory". So, like, there is nothing tied story wise tied to that content. As an example, in v0.4 we encounter a nice succubus that wants to fuck our brains out, and find ourselves in one of two camps:

OFF Switch-
We can bang her, or leave
ON Switch-
We can bang her, bang her with another dude, or leave

Afterwards, there can be variations in dialgoue depending on what we did. But as you can see, it's not "tied", it just an extra there for people that are interested in that content. In fact, unless I fucked up somewhere, you aren't forced to engage in any sexual content and can choose to avoid it all (finish the game as a pure virgin challenge, GO!).
So not interested? OFF, and there's no way to know there was a sharing posibility (if we ignore that I just explained the scenario now).

I will be taking this image for future use, thank you very much for your patronage.

This man is spitting facts yall what the fuck
it's because some other devs said it was "optional" etc. only for it to still happen but you don't see it, which caused a massive shitstorm in the thread, so you should always be as clear and as concise as possible when trying to adress these type of questions, otherwise this will spawn 300+ pages of hate and a massive amount of 1 star reviews

+ group sex does not automatically imply mmf, it could also mean ffm, so 2 harem members + mc, plus planned tags do not show up when you are looking for games, no ones spitting facx mang
+ name calling is very mature
+if you actually had tagged this with swinging it would not have shown up for me and spared my time from posting here

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
it's because some other devs said it was "optional" etc. only for it to still happen but you don't see it, which caused a massive shitstorm in the thread, so you should always be as clear and as concise as possible when trying to adress these type of questions, otherwise this will spawn 300+ pages of hate and a massive amount of 1 star reviews

+ group sex does not automatically imply mmf, it could also mean ffm, so 2 harem members + mc, plus planned tags do not show up when you are looking for games, no ones spitting facx mang
+ name calling is very mature
+if you actually had tagged this with swinging it would not have shown up for me and spared my time from posting here
As far as I can tell, isn't all of that stuff optional, though? I don't remember an instance where something was forced and I couldn't choose differently. I might just be forgetting a place where that happened, because nothing comes to mind. Plus, with this latest release, there's another choice where you won't even be presented with anything that's not vanilla harem unless you want to. So I don't see why its optional existence is an issue, especially since it's been said already that if you don't choose it, it never happens (not just gets skipped, but actually doesn't occur).

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Short term memory loss, hun?

Not the first time people complained about content they don't even need to see and can pretend doesn't exist.

It's like the Princess and the Pea, even being near content like that hurts their delicate skin.
you took that side? fair enough XD the main issue is the tags don't mix together too well...as a fact i quitted the debate...i still don't like where the dev stands, by doing such a mix-up but what can i do? not playing his game, which i do, and warning him that it's risky earning-wise, which i'm doing now(but others did before me), the rest is on him, he will lose everyone's respect if he fails and complain that nobody warned him, i can not-review his game, which i'm doing it(i don't review games that i don't like for a matter of taste in content, unless the situation is tragic and needs a call-out)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Short term memory loss, hun?

Not the first time people complained about content they don't even need to see and can pretend doesn't exist.

It's like the Princess and the Pea, even being near content like that hurts their delicate skin.
I don't think I'm forgetting that people get upset or what they've said. I have yet to understand why it's ever an issue. I've heard the explanations people give, but it has yet to make any sense whatsoever to me. Like you say, it's content they don't even need to see. It's not even pretending: if they choose differently, it doesn't even exist in terms of their playthrough. That's like saying if I go to the club tonight, I'll end up getting a VD with a hookup . . . so don't even mention that there's a club I can go to. It defies all logic.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
BTW, Capyboobies, I'm not sure whether this has been reported to you, but this bug came up on one of my playthroughs but not on the other. Apparently there's an mp3 file missing. I'm not sure, but I'm attaching my save in case that helps at all; clicking once causes the error message to show. I'm also attaching my traceback file.

It's the strangest thing, too. Earlier I did not see the problem, but now I see it on both my playthroughs. So I guess maybe never mind? Not sure if you'll be able to find anything. It says it's an OSError, but I can play the music file just fine, I can run the game otherwise just fine, other songs play successfully, etc., so I can't see why my Windows session would be the problem.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
you took that side?
My stance on things like that has been the same since I joined the site, hun.

I've said since I started here that devs should make the games they want to make. It's fine to vote on things like character clothes, hair styles and other small changes but character stories and main plot should always be the devs alone.

I've seen what happens when devs start making huge changes to their game based on feedback and complaints and it usually ends in a cluster fuck and then abandoned. Devs start their game with an idea they want to bring to life and the more they change to what others want the further from their idea they get and some devs start hating what they are making and abandon the game.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
My stance on things like that has been the same since I joined the site, hun.

I've said since I started here that devs should make the games they want to make. It's fine to vote on things like character clothes, hair styles and other small changes but character stories and main plot should always be the devs alone.

I've seen what happens when devs start making huge changes to their game based on feedback and complaints and it usually ends in a cluster fuck and then abandoned. Devs start their game with an idea they want to bring to life and the more they change to what others want the further from their idea they get and some devs start hating what they are making and abandon the game.
Fair enough my friend ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Good, don't wanna fall out with you, I like you.
Yeah my only issue is the concerning/conflicting tags...but the game is not worthy enough of my time or my feelings...maybe come concern but as giving the usual advices and that's it. I did that, i'm done, and i'm chill now "Live and let live"

Last edited:

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
More sillyness, please ignore if you are bored of this and just wanna discuss the game. Please. I ask so little. Theorize about what's gonna happen next or talk about your favorite waifu, maybe? Instead of this. :HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In other news, I don't know how but Hordgragg managed find live footage of me yesterday.
BTW, Capyboobies, I'm not sure whether this has been reported to you, but this bug came up on one of my playthroughs but not on the other. Apparently there's an mp3 file missing. I'm not sure, but I'm attaching my save in case that helps at all; clicking once causes the error message to show. I'm also attaching my traceback file.

It's the strangest thing, too. Earlier I did not see the problem, but now I see it on both my playthroughs. So I guess maybe never mind? Not sure if you'll be able to find anything. It says it's an OSError, but I can play the music file just fine, I can run the game otherwise just fine, other songs play successfully, etc., so I can't see why my Windows session would be the problem.
Legit randomly found this error yesterday. So, apparently, at one point I referenced it incorrectly, and the game randomly decides to crash or not sometimes. So in my initial testing it worked out fine. Now it doesn't. Then it might xd I'll try getting the fix out this weekend, I think just updating the script should work so no need to download big files again. Still, gotta test a couple times, don't wanna throw out a half-assed fix.

Thanks, mate!

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes