BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Like, for starters, no one has any idea how I plan to incorporate optional material, so... how is it already presented as shit? If it's the MC that presents the agency (ex. the MC straight up chooses whether to ask the girl to fuck five guys, or... doesn't ask her to do it) does that suddenly ruin the girl for you? Why is a girl who is willing to do anything her MC asks of her not harem material? What is harem material? In the game all LI's will want to fuck MC's brains out... so that's harem. I shouldn't put that tag? If we want to get super pedantic, a harem just requires a great number of girls to like the MC, not all. Yet the absolute minimal scent of non-mc focused sex means I have to put a NTR tag despite it not being warranted? When it's all consensual? When the MC asks for it, specifically? ... nah, dog. That's bull.
In fact, according to the forum rules, for the game to have the harem tag, the MC must be in a relationship with 3 or more LIs at the same time. It doesn't say with all the LI in the game. In any case, when I think of a harem game, I usually assume that the MC can have a relationship with all the LIs in the game at the same time.

Being all said (sharing, bukkake, sex with other guys in general) avoidable, I don't see the problem. I don't know how you're going to implement it, but it should interest those who like that content, personally, since I'm not going to play it, I don't have much interest in knowing it.

...fuck, you're still reading?
Welp, finally, I already answered this, but I'm working to implement a way to avoid all NTR scenarios from the get go, so you don't know that they can even happen. ls that really not enough? Most of these complaints really sound like they play Mass Effect, choose all the nice guy answers but condemn the game for allowing the MC to be an asshole, or vice-versa. Does the existence of that choice suddenly imply that Shepard is an asshole? But also a nice guy? Is he Schrodinger's asshole? Am I an asshole? Yes. Yes I am.
In my opinion that option is perfect. It certainly also works that they are avoidable by choosing each time, especially if it is easy to know which option leads to which result. But an option to turn off that kind of content early in the game helps to those of us who don't like it to feel more comfortable with the game. So it's appreciated.

In any case, there is another type of content (rape, femdom, blackmail...) that I like to avoid every time. For example, I like that whenever the MC can blackmail one of the LIs into having sex he chooses not to, or when he has the option of raping her he chooses not to go through with it. I like that the option exists to be able to choose not to do it. That being said, I don't know if there's any of this in your game, it's just a comment.

Reactions: Capyboobies

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Aight, I'm going to respond to the NTR crap ONCE more, and only once more, because honestly this feels like talking to a brick wall. I think I've been super transparent and answered as much as I could but, obviously, there's no appeasing anyone.

Before beginning the rant, however, I want to preface that this rant isn't meant to be me on the offensive, nor is this meant to be read like if I'm full on aggro. Any use of you isn't me pointing a finger to any one in particular. But if you feel singled out, you know what you did. I'll just use this last quote as reference, being the last comment here. No offense meant, bob. Love your music, btw.

I'm not surprised that there are haters. But I find it fascinating that what is completely subjective is spread around as facts.

Like, for starters, no one has any idea how I plan to incorporate optional material, so... how is it already presented as shit? If it's the MC that presents the agency (ex. the MC straight up chooses whether to ask the girl to fuck five guys, or... doesn't ask her to do it) does that suddenly ruin the girl for you? Why is a girl who is willing to do anything her MC asks of her not harem material? What is harem material? In the game all LI's will want to fuck MC's brains out... so that's harem. I shouldn't put that tag? If we want to get super pedantic, a harem just requires a great number of girls to like the MC, not all. Yet the absolute minimal scent of non-mc focused sex means I have to put a NTR tag despite it not being warranted? When it's all consensual? When the MC asks for it, specifically? ... nah, dog. That's bull.

I don't care that people decide to consider certain things NTR, if they're not they're not. Call me crazy, but I think I know my game better than someone that read the synopsis and played for a couple minutes. And at the end of the day, this is a free game I'm developing as a hobby, that I'm not forcing anyone to play nor like. If you were thinking about supporting the game, and are unsure about it because of planned content, sure, I can sort of understand the scrutiny. But let me take a wild guess that 99% of the people complaining haven't spent a cent in games here. Hey, I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not shaming. I've also leeched like a motherfucker. But if you think playing my game for free, then discovering you don't like it, is somehow my fault and I should be ashamed, then honestly I have no words for you. Just lol. Maybe... try not to be so entitled? :BootyTime:

Welp, finally, I already answered this, but I'm working to implement a way to avoid all NTR scenarios from the get go, so you don't know that they can even happen. ls that really not enough? Most of these complaints really sound like they play Mass Effect, choose all the nice guy answers but condemn the game for allowing the MC to be an asshole, or vice-versa. Does the existence of that choice suddenly imply that Shepard is an asshole? But also a nice guy? Is he Schrodinger's asshole? Am I an asshole? Yes. Yes I am.

The way I'm designing the game, the LI's can be completely loyal saints to the MC or dirty little sluts that follow any of your desires, and if you think that merits this game being NTR (which it really doesn't) then just don't play my game. It's... that easy. Just don't. But your subjective opinion doesn't mean I should bend over and follow your beliefs.

ANYWAAAY!!!! Rant over. I have written a bible, ffs. Feel free to take out anything from here out of context (or in context) and roast me to kingdom come. Your hate feeds me, and my will only grows stronger.

Peace out, babes. Love you all ;)
I'm sorry to tell you this but if the LIs have an option to fuck other people than the MC, yes, that used to be enough to warrant the old NTR tag, like it or not. NTR wasnt ONLY for netorare

Now, all of this could be avoided with just placing these words on the planned Genre "NTR (avoidable)", which would clearly tell the users of this forums what to expect as your future intentions.

Now, i do think you have clarified enought he subject, even when you still refuse to properly label your game for this forum users. You have to understand that all this "hate" comes from a lot of Devs NOT clarifying it, and also "forgetting" to properly tag the game, which ended up with this community being VERY WARY and VERY TOUCHY with this subject

NTR has ALWAYS being the tag that Devs forget to include the most. You are getting backlash in part for your decision of not placing the tag, and in part for a history of Devs that tried to trick the community

This will also be my last post about the subject in your thread, as far as i go, you clarified it enough and your solution is PERFECT, even if its shitty for future players to have to find this info in a sea of posts instead of in the OP

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Aight, I'm going to respond to the NTR crap ONCE more, and only once more, because honestly this feels like talking to a brick wall. I think I've been super transparent and answered as much as I could but, obviously, there's no appeasing anyone.

Before beginning the rant, however, I want to preface that this rant isn't meant to be me on the offensive, nor is this meant to be read like if I'm full on aggro. Any use of you isn't me pointing a finger to any one in particular. But if you feel singled out, you know what you did. I'll just use this last quote as reference, being the last comment here. No offense meant, bob. Love your music, btw.

I'm not surprised that there are haters. But I find it fascinating that what is completely subjective is spread around as facts.

I don't care that people decide to consider certain things NTR, if they're not they're not. Call me crazy, but I think I know my game better than someone that read the synopsis and played for a couple minutes. And at the end of the day, this is a free game I'm developing as a hobby, that I'm not forcing anyone to play nor like. If you were thinking about supporting the game, and are unsure about it because of planned content, sure, I can sort of understand the scrutiny. But let me take a wild guess that 99% of the people complaining haven't spent a cent in games here. Hey, I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not shaming. I've also leeched like a motherfucker. But if you think playing my game for free, then discovering you don't like it, is somehow my fault and I should be ashamed, then honestly I have no words for you. Just lol. Maybe... try not to be so entitled? :BootyTime:

The way I'm designing the game, the LI's can be completely loyal saints to the MC or dirty little sluts that follow any of your desires, and if you think that merits this game being NTR (which it really doesn't) then just don't play my game. It's... that easy. Just don't. But your subjective opinion doesn't mean I should bend over and follow your beliefs.

ANYWAAAY!!!! Rant over. I have written a bible, ffs. Feel free to take out anything from here out of context (or in context) and roast me to kingdom come. Your hate feeds me, and my will only grows stronger.

Peace out, babes. Love you all ;)
giphy (2).gif

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
If it's the MC that presents the agency (ex. the MC straight up chooses whether to ask the girl to fuck five guys, or... doesn't ask her to do it) does that suddenly ruin the girl for you? Why is a girl who is willing to do anything her MC asks of her not harem material?
If she is down to sleep with animals or getting a train run on her she is a hoe.
or she is not down to do it and MC is forcing her to do it, that makes the MC an rapist asshole.

Reactions: Boardguy

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
angry.jpg

Quick question, is this one of those games where a walkthrough will be needed or is it one where you choose if you wanna see x scene?
A walk-through and at least two separate runs will be needed to see everything. It's not like Harem Hotel that's a sandbox with unmissable content, but more Being a Dik where your choices block out certain scenes/routes, though instead of choosing between LIs it's either getting the main girls (yes, yes, you can collect all 9 of them in a run, I'm not that cruel) or getting it on with the side chicks.

I'm working on a gallery so that it's not obligatory to play more times if you don't want (just add a patch and unlock everything, yaaaay), but I'm still brainstorming how best to build it so that the problematic content is separate.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
A walk-through and at least two separate runs will be needed to see everything. It's not like Harem Hotel that's a sandbox with unmissable content, but more Being a Dik where your choices block out certain scenes/routes, though instead of choosing between LIs it's either getting the main girls (yes, yes, you can collect all 9 of them in a run, I'm not that cruel) or getting it on with the side chicks.
Personally, I only play one ending, so I guess I won't watch the side girls content. Anyway, the only content I'm interested in is with the girls the MC is going to have a romantic relationship at the end of the game.

I'm working on a gallery so that it's not obligatory to play more times if you don't want (just add a patch and unlock everything, yaaaay), but I'm still brainstorming how best to build it so that the problematic content is separate.
I would not do two galleries, actually those who go the route without sharing (or NTR for some) will not open those images/scenes. If they want to use a mod to have all the content, so that they don't watch the scenes in question, it may be easier to include a warm of which ones contain sharing.

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Capyboobies why the hell do I see Killision The Red in your screen shot previews?????
Hehe... I might have made a couple cameos from demon/demon-looking characters around the world :sneaky: Also, I fucking love Kili. God damn do I not regret getting in that kickstarter, holy moly she's god tier :love:

Personally, I only play one ending, so I guess I won't watch the side girls content. Anyway, the only content I'm interested in is with the girls the MC is going to have a romantic relationship at the end of the game.
Then you're all set, ignore the distractions and keep your eyes on the prize my man :Kappa:

rowgran69

Sep 2, 2021
but I'm still brainstorming how best to build it so that the problematic content is separate.
Something I have scene done and might work for you. Is have a X content warning on the choice that leads down it, that way the clicker knows what they are getting into. this would mean minor spoilers, but helps keep certain types in check.

Thanks for responding to the question and I have one more, if I turn down the dom footjob. does it lock me out of the pink haired demon's content, not that into content like that but dont want to risk losing a main LI until I am sure of her content type.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
View attachment 2423115

i just like to see and want you to make the game you want to make. paying too much attention to too many people making demands or requests, positive or negative, can quickly turn any creative project sour. :( i know this from experience. always stay true to your vision. make the game you want to make, tell the story you want to tell. otherwise, you may just stop wanting to make it, which would be a sad loss for all of us who do like what you have made.

now that all the crazy has been addressed, and the thread is a little calmer, this is where my concerns are. in the end, i want to see the content you made. your visuals are great. :love: i'll go CG rip if it i have to, but i'd rather see it in context, with the script, in flow with your story. galleries help, especially if the scenes have spoilers, telling you what lead to it. so walkthrough and at least 2 separate runs to see everything. could be worse lol

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Something I have scene done and might work for you. Is have a X content warning on the choice that leads down it, that way the clicker knows what they are getting into. this would mean minor spoilers, but helps keep certain types in check.
That seems like a pretty decent option, actually. I'll have to check out how to work that out, thanks for the tip!
Thanks for responding to the question and I have one more, if I turn down the dom footjob. does it lock me out of the pink haired demon's content, not that into content like that but dont want to risk losing a main LI until I am sure of her content type.
Don't worry bout that! Losing a main LIs content is going to be difficult (basically, actively ignoring/rejecting them, choosing side chicks, etc) and in sexual content, only rejecting the, so-to-speak, normie stuff will have an impact.

As an example, rejecting a footjob or a reverse piledrive is fine, the LIs are understanding gals and get if you don't like certain fetishes like femdom. But telling them no to a blowjob or vaginal sex is basically rejecting them, and that's a no-no:cry:
i just like to see and want you to make the game you want to make. paying too much attention to too many people making demands or requests, positive or negative, can quickly turn any creative project sour. :( i know this from experience. always stay true to your vision. make the game you want to make, tell the story you want to tell. otherwise, you may just stop wanting to make it, which would be a sad loss for all of us who do like what you have made.

now that all the crazy has been addressed, and the thread is a little calmer, this is where my concerns are. in the end, i want to see the content you made. your visuals are great. :love: i'll go CG rip if it i have to, but i'd rather see it in context, with the script, in flow with your story. galleries help, especially if the scenes have spoilers, telling you what lead to it. so walkthrough and at least 2 separate runs to see everything. could be worse lol
Thank you so much for the kind words!! I do hope not to stray, and to follow what I had planned from the start! Delivering an awesomely silly, sexy story :Kappa:
ANd I'm suuuper happy to hear you think the CGs are great, I take pains to try to make the more important shots "cinematic", so people appreciating the visuals just amps me up :love:
I'm actually currently experimenting a lot with lights and effects for the next update, since the immediate scenes that are to come are pretty plot-heavy, and I can't wait for ya'll to see them :D

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Not reading all the arguing, will this game have your "harem" Love Interests fucking groups of other men or not, because that's not a harem, you're just fucking sluts.
From what the Dev said, a couple of times, you will be able to choose if they fuck other males or not

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Not reading all the arguing
Understandable.
will this game have your "harem" Love Interests fucking groups of other men or not
If you want them to, they will, if you don't want them to, they won't. So in your case, they wouldn't.

With next update, there will be a new prompt to determine whether you want to even see that stuff or not, so there's also that.
because that's not a harem, you're just fucking sluts.
the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif
From what the Dev said, a couple of times, you will be able to choose if they fuck other males or not
Correcto.
that may be as it will, but his point still stands, if they are willing to do so they are still sluts.
It's pretty clear you dislike the existence of my game, so I wonder why you still engage on this thread. You don't have to like this, you are allowed to move on with your life :giggle:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
that may be as it will, but his point still stands, if they are willing to do so they are still sluts.
Depends on how its done, maybe there is a story branch where based on your decision, in one branch they are slits, and fuck other people, and in the other, they are not sluts

As long as its avoidable, and the Dev said it would, then i dont care that much

My only issue is that this fact is still not clarified in the OP. If i were the Dev i would put some Dev notes clarifying this issue, telling people that any NTR, Sharing, whoring, whatever will be completely optional and easily avoidable, otherwise we will never move on from this subject

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Depends on how its done, maybe there is a story branch where based on your decision, in one branch they are slits, and fuck other people, and in the other, they are not sluts

As long as its avoidable, and the Dev said it would, then i dont care that much

My only issue is that this fact is still not clarified in the OP. If i were the Dev i would put some Dev notes clarifying this issue, telling people that any NTR, Sharing, whoring, whatever will be completely optional and easily avoidable, otherwise we will never move on from this subject
I agree. Capyboobies, you might add something like the below to the OP here to indicate that all the major fetish things are optional. The screenshot is composed of two different game threads and how other developers have added notices to their OPs. Something along these lines is what I would suggest.
1677701870600.png

Reactions: Capyboobies
3.40 star(s) 7 Votes