RPGM Completed Magical Valkyrie Lyristia [v1.01] [ShiBoo! / Kagura Games]

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes
Dec 16, 2018
I think to get that chest in the collection room, you need to get all the "achievements", 8 in total. I've got 7 from my playthrough and I suspect I'm missing one from collecting all stuff from the market, even though I have looked through that area 4 times already.
Also there seems to be a bug preventing me from interacting with the chest in collection room. I can interact in the completed save I downloaded from one of the replies, though.

Meowstrophe

Jan 11, 2020
Keep on getting this error
Did you set your system locale to Japanese? if so, where did you encounter that error message?

Anyone knows how to trigger this event?
Get defeated atleast once (making the mc non-virgin) before encountering the 4th boss (kuhizan), need confirmation since I only checked the codes.

Also there seems to be a bug preventing me from interacting with the chest in collection room. I can interact in the completed save I downloaded from one of the replies, though.
I looked the chest code again and it seems like it's just a series of item checks with only one else, idk if that's the problem though. Just make sure you have all 8 achievements so you don't get that error lol.

Reactions: zeaxie

Jan 10, 2018
This is pretty good as a magical girl game, striking a nice balance between hopeful optimism and bleak despair, but... As an ero game, well... It kind of depends on how much one wants "despair" in their sex scenes. This game gets bleak during those moments. Like, during the second scene with Bruscia, the kid you saved raising his phone up with the crowd to take a picture while sad music plays, that was... Ouch. Not sure how many people are really into that kind of thing.

That said, I do feel like the game could have used a bit more time "out of costume", so to speak; we don't really see the main character much during her off-time. About the only thing we know is that she's still going to school despite being busy trying to rescue her companion - it would have been nice to be able to talk to her classmates a bit to see how the city is viewing your efforts. It would also have helped add more characterization to her best friend, who appeared at the start of the game and in one mission, and then kind of... Disappeared. It's implied that she knew the main character's identity, but then she doesn't even appear for the ending.

This also extends a bit into the game's "lewd game over" - so far as I could tell looking through it in RPG Maker, nothing actually ties in to how many times you've lost, just whether or not you've lost at all - meaning the part where she goes to find a group of combatants to sleep with kind of comes out of nowhere. This isn't a terrible flaw since it's not being billed as a corruption game, but I do think it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

As a game, though... Honestly, I think the mechanics were put together pretty well, and it succeeded where it diverged from typical RPG Maker mechanics. The idea that you were nearly invincible with your barrier, making maintaining it significantly more important than your HP, and that you had an instant-win button at 100 MP, making most fights more of an endurance match, were both interesting variations from the typical RPG dynamic; for once, it was about holding out until you won, instead of how quickly you could burn down the enemy. The various boss gimmicks were also well-considered, from giving you choices as to how you approached a boss to make the setup seem a bit more organic, to adding a bit of dynamism to avoiding a certain boss's grapple; it helped make them stand out.

That said... It's just a shame the game was so trivially easy that these things never really came into play. Most fights can be won by countering for two rounds, assuming you don't just smash the enemy before either side can act. This is made more egregious by the way stat-ups are handed out like candy on every map. The core mechanics are sound, but for them to be relevant, enemies below a certain level should have stopped providing XP.

Enemy variety is also a bit lacking; mobs like the one on the first stage would have made for a good later-game threat, with their sheer number of attacks, but as it stands, nothing outside of bosses could realistically pose a threat to the main character unless you were trying to throw a fight.

Ah, and as a closing note... It's somewhat darkly ironic that this is another magical girl game where the people you're trying to protect manage to be scummier than the actual Big Bad Guy. If you refuse to submit to the boss in the end, he'll give you the cleanest death he can, and protect your dignity by lying about how he couldn't take you alive despite his best efforts; the humans, meanwhile... They'll videotape you being publicly raped, then kidnap you to keep for themselves.

There isn't exactly a huge catalogue of R-18 magical girl games relative to other genres, but I'm pretty sure at this point there's more that portray humans as trash who will turn on you in an instant than ones that portray humans as worth protecting...

f4s1k1n

Jul 22, 2017
IIRC the full corruption ending sequence can be seen from status (one with outline of mc) where at first defeat it's just a black dot and with every defeat grown to envelope the outline and then one defeat later it's game over

Jan 10, 2018
IIRC the full corruption ending sequence can be seen from status (one with outline of mc) where at first defeat it's just a black dot and with every defeat grown to envelope the outline and then one defeat later it's game over
That's not really what I meant, though; I meant that how many times she's lost doesn't really seem to change much in the way of dialogue or plot the way the game is designed, and that the whole "getting addicted to the aphrodiasics" thing is largely unused. As it stands, all that really matters is whether you're a virgin or not.

The outline is more of a warning meter than anything else - albeit a nicely designed one.

Reactions: n0b0di

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I've always had a slight issue with Ryona games where the bad guys can harm the heroine if they win, but the heroine can only "knock them out" if she does. Blood for blood, even that's magic girlz we're talking about here and not some pseudo-realistic fighting game, why can't Japanese game authors fully assume their vices and allow us to equally bang enemies heads against walls or floors if we want to ?

Seems only fair to me.

This being said, the art is nice but the game itself is nothing to write home about. As several other people have already mentioned, the game practically forces you to lose to get to the naughty bits... and the gruesome scenes thereafter just don't help to keep it "interesting" (at least to me). Might as well just play the first chapter, lose, watch the H and never open the game again, because the gameplay probably won't change by much.

IMO, there are better games out there in the same category, with more replay value (and IMO more sexiness), like the Enokippu's games, Civilian Justice League or the master of them all, Karryn's Prison.

PS: Thank you very much for sharing the game.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
Jesus Christ. That CG was actually a dying Frostia passing her will on Rirustia.
I mean wtf. It looked like a yuri moment for fuck's sake.
Wait - you were expecting something in this game that wasn't bleak as hell? That may have been excessively optimistic...

(No, no, joking aside, I completely understand - I saw that scene when I was rummaging through the game files afterwards, and, well... It was pretty grim, especially compared to how the scene originally played out. Jeez, this game got dark sometimes...)

murderinc

Sep 27, 2017
Wait - you were expecting something in this game that wasn't bleak as hell?
  • pink bubbly background
  • Frostia looks horny
  • Rirustia is blushing
Makes no fucking sense for it to be a "dying moment" scene. Everything screams "yuri confession" scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: akapp
3.70 star(s) 19 Votes