3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

mattmotor

May 30, 2018
Have you tried bypassing the check by just packing it into an rgss3a after you finished your modifications?

Also, I would interested in decrypting it. Always neat to see what can be changed in a game.
Been taking a small break from looking into it so no real progress. Just some small info of where the first few times it tries to load the graphics data. Which seems to be in the 3rd hidden script (bloody huge script... friggin 1.9k lines) on the third animation name. The hidden animation scripts I think first get called in one of the standard scripts about half way through the list of scripts (idk script name as it's some Japanese name pretty sure, think it has "8_dir_movement" in it tho or smth similar).

However already tried that and doesnt work sadly. Think Im going to look into it a bit more at some point then and if nothing try looking into how the patching system works. Tho the patch files are probably done by an in house program which would make things interesting.

Stubber

Dec 30, 2019
Ahh, this one is a gem if you get it to work. <3

EDIT: It's a rogue-like game where you don't get game over when losing but rather you get used by all nearby enemies. Getting used gives you all sorts of negative effects and depending on difficulty also might reduce your level significantly.

There are couple niches to the scenes of being used like pregnancy, morphing into an humanoid animal and hermaphrodite. Game also includes some light bondage, forced sex toys, hypnosis and aphrodisiac drugs.

Also the actual game play is fun and challenging. I so wish there was more games like this.
What we can there say? It is Japanese, baby.

dahakacrawl

Jun 11, 2020
Hey mattmotor
W/r/t running the game off an unpacked archive, I've managed to get it to work.
The problem is DataManager.rb script calls hidden integrity checks baked into pretty much every data file.
Step 1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These files contain a data field name 'raben' at the end of the file, it's essentially a script that checks the size and name of the game archive.
Code:
exit unless FileTest.exist?('Game.rgss3a');s = FileTest.size("Game.rgss3a");exit if (s - 108852344).abs > 0;$data_skills = $data_skills[1].instance_variable_get(:@name).instance_variable_get(:@ax)
You can bypass it by commenting out all the exits or creating a dummy file and changing the name and the size check. The important thing is you MUST NOT change the byte-length of the script unless you also change the byte offset that tells the data loader how long the field is.
Step 2:
Apply the same to the script at the beginning of Data\Animations.rvdata2. The relevant part is lines 24-65.
After that I managed the game to load correctly off the Data folder.

Last edited:

mattmotor

May 30, 2018
Nice one for that, dahakacrawl

I didnt realize how much standard text was in the data files so searching them would've taken forever for me to do. As you may have known if reading my other posts I tried unpacking them and then searched through them. Generally would get a bit messed up when doing so and it'd error out after I assume reaching the 'raben' part as it was mostly unpacked and working. But this endeavor has made me dislike VX ACE and older little bit more for lack of proper debugging tools (already disliked it before for that reason, just that the reasoning grew). Im surprised it has gotten so big for anything more then a really small game tbh. Am glad that at least MV isnt horrible debugging wise. But still wont be using any of them other then for modding the games out there. Anyways, just went the easy dummy file way cuz lazy. Works well.

Also did you just make that account for posting that comment? New member, account created on day of post, with only comment history on here.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Nice work.
So what are the plans for mods, aside from a better translation I guess?

dahakacrawl

Jun 11, 2020
Yeah, your post came up in a google search when I was looking for solutions to this problem the other day and it was recent enough that I decided to share.
I'm tracking a new problem with the game throwing exceptions during combat related to missing state_ids - happens upon being knocked down for example. This happens only with the unpacked version.
From what I'm seeing the game is missing a bunch of state_ids that I think should get loaded from the ExtraData/States.rvdata file but I don't know why it's happening.

mattmotor

May 30, 2018
I havent played it a huge amount but still havent had issues. I have at least been knocked down a few times without issue. It also could just be the game borking itself for no decent reason. Remember my first time playing and used the english translation, crashed when trying to "respawn" after being defeated. Left it at that for a long time. Came back and just reinstalled it and it worked fine. For unpacking, I used the RPG Maker DX Extract. Idk what the exact tool name is called.

I do know that changing some of the stuff in VX Ace editor, say like Items or Common Events, can cause issues. So at least some, maybe all, of the Database categories must be edited within non Ace editor.

Nice work.
So what are the plans for mods, aside from a better translation I guess?
I dont plan on making anything. I just do small random changes for myself mostly for the game editing.

dahakacrawl

Jun 11, 2020
Hmmm, I unpacked a clean copy and it seems to work correctly. Perhaps Ace did break some of the archives.
Is there some other editor I can use to edit the Database? I'm not really an RPGMaker person, but I might make an attempt at improving the TL at least.
Thanks for the heads-up anyhow.

mattmotor

May 30, 2018
I used VX non Ace to edit the Database stuff. I havent fully tried everything. I know Common Events are going to be weird to edit as no VX non Ace files for Common Events so you need to use Ace, but editing them breaks it. Some common events use switch states as triggers but the switch states are stored in non Ace files which Ace wants to know about. Tho, unlikely to need to edit Common Events as most is in scripts. I think most Database stuff is fine in VX non Ace editor tho.

Miumean

Sep 21, 2019
A nice fellow called MrMe (no not me) was kind enough to upload the unofficial patch from 2016, along with voice files and saves, all in a neat little package:

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
On the off-chance anyone still plays this: I got sick and tired of being lost, so translated a japanese map from the wiki. Feel free to copy, modify, distribute, blah blah.

EDIT: Map has been updated with names better matching the author's (sometimes incorrect) in-game English translation, so as to make understanding locations easier.

translatedmap.png

Last edited:

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
On the off-chance anyone still plays this: I got sick and tired of being lost, so translated a japanese map from the wiki. Feel free to copy, modify, distribute, blah blah.

View attachment 742774
The blue translated text you weren't sure about I think should probably be:
"Don't take the upper road to the City. The bloody old god wanders around in search of prey"

Referring to the Boss of the Barking Winds: The Wild Hunt (i think that was his name).
Or does the upper road have it's own boss?

Fun story: on my first proper playthrough where I attempted to reach the city gates I nearly made it, but on the last node she got ambushed by the Wild Hunt and got dicked by him, she got away but I wasn't interested much in continuing with damaged goods so early.

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
I fixed a bunch of locations on the map to better match the author's English translation, so it should be much easier to navigate now.

And I can't say for certain what the blue note means since I haven't beaten the game yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kyosuke91
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes