3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Going through a door and 100% unable to do fuck all against instantly being surrounded out of nowhere is retarded
Not having more then one save is dumb as well as just now learning it overides your save when gangbang out of nowhere which dumb as hell

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Going through a door and 100% unable to do fuck all against instantly being surrounded out of nowhere is retarded
so there a way to slow down the text or at least scroll up to fuckin SEE what its saying?
Bro, you really need to stop typing so aggressively. I'm not going to help you anymore if you sound like you don't want to enjoy the game.
Whatever button you're looking for is probably listed in the button guide. It's been a few years since I've played, but I think it should be one of the letters on the left side of the keyboard.

As for getting surrounded, you're probably aren't playing the game optimally. Treat it like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon if you've played that. If not, the best advice I can give to you is to kite and learn what each skill does. Keep in mind that there's some skills that only work with a gun equipped, and there are others that only work with a sword equipped. For example, one of the melee weapon skills allows you to leap over enemies and water, dealing aoe damage wherever you land. You can use that to escape instead of attacking. You also want to practice bottle necking enemies. Instead of going deeper into the room, retreat past the door so that only one enemy is attacking you each turn. Enemies that can't see you might randomly launch attacks at other enemies in the hopes of hitting you. Enemies may also try to exit the room and go around to get you, so you don't want to spend too much time in one place either.

The game is first and foremost a roguelike. Floor layouts, enemies, and loot are randomly generated and you do not have the freedom to leisurely grind kills. Balance exploring a floor against your hunger needs, weapon durability, and inventory limit. Fight only when you have to and know your exits. My advice is to try to get to the small cave or w/e as soon as possible. You'll need to "Go low to avoid the snowstorm" like 11 times in one go. It's important you don't head towards anywhere else, or you'll need more floors to reach it. You'll find a merchant that sells food and does repairs and gear enhancements. If this doesn't sound fun to you, stop. This isn't the game for you.

P.S. Beware of cursed gear. They have negative modifiers and need to be uncursed before you can take them off. But if you have to choose between broken gear and cursed gear because your life depends on it, use cursed gear.

Last edited:

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
I mean exactly what I said. You aint getting it. Two times enter the door thing and instantly surrounded upon exit. Literally couldnt do anything has nothing to do on my end be it whatever. Dash move thing only works with like green bar which aint no good if not full enough.
Should be some way to escape or something

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Then stop playing on Daimakyou difficulty then you muppet if you don't like Danger Rooms
And yes you can escape them using your jump and Angelic Hallow intelligently, but its hard which is the intent of nightmare encounters.

Instead of getting angry and pissing up the thread, how about you go play something easier instead

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I mean exactly what I said. You aint getting it. Two times enter the door thing and instantly surrounded upon exit. Literally couldnt do anything has nothing to do on my end be it whatever. Dash move thing only works with like green bar which aint no good if not full enough.
Should be some way to escape or something
You're right, I don't get it. What you're saying is very vague, dude. Grab a screenshot if you have to.
The only other thing I could think of is going down a floor (which is very different from a door) and having to kill everything in one, big ass room to get out. In which case, it's very unfortunate you weren't prepared for that. I think there's a consumable item for exiting a dungeon, but you'd have to find it. Those rooms are beatable, but you need a few staves and to be very good at crowd control.
If you really can't live without save scumming, I think the game autosaves after every floor change. Just copy and paste the save to a blank folder before descending.

P.S. The first time I got dropped into one of those sucked for me too. Definitely wasn't prepared for that.

Last edited:

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
You're right, I don't get it. What you're saying is very vague, dude. Grab a screenshot if you have to.
The only other thing I could think of is going down a floor (which is very different from a door) and having to kill everything in one, big ass room to get out. In which case, it's very unfortunate you weren't prepared for that. I think there's a consumable item for exiting a dungeon, but you'd have to find it. Those rooms are beatable, but you need a few staves and to be very good at crowd control.
If you really can't live without save scumming, I think the game autosaves after every floor change. Just copy and paste the save to a blank folder before descending.

P.S. The first time I got dropped into one of those sucked for me too. Definitely wasn't prepared for that.
Same thing to go to another level gotta go through transparent door. So it's exactly that stepped through and lost instantly. That shouldn't be a thing in any game of any sort least of all a rpgm game. This aint even going into how single saves can get corrupted but thankfully that dont seem to be a rpgm game as it is to basic.

PS Mate dont say "save scumming" literally no such thing and you seem too literate to be retarded. Bad enough that there are over a dozen terms people are too incompetent to use correctly in regards to games, dont need to create phrases just to be stupid intentionally and use incorrectly

Then stop playing on Daimakyou difficulty then you muppet if you don't like Danger Rooms
And yes you can escape them using your jump and Angelic Hallow intelligently, but its hard which is the intent of nightmare encounters.

Instead of getting angry and pissing up the thread, how about you go play something easier instead
That is exactly not what hard is. That would imply being able to do something. It's laughably poor design to allow a situation to occur. Any lack of forewarning, levels or direction aside from go to the town is poor/lazy. Game seems solid but that is a huge flaw

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
I shed a little tear at so much pent up rage against the almighty Random Number God.
Who is strong in this game, by the way, which in my opinion is the whole point of a roguelike. But obviously, nowadays, that is considered 'laughably poor design' ...

Sic transit gloria mundi.

DeIi

Jul 29, 2017
Same thing to go to another level gotta go through transparent door. So it's exactly that stepped through and lost instantly. That shouldn't be a thing in any game of any sort least of all a rpgm game. This aint even going into how single saves can get corrupted but thankfully that dont seem to be a rpgm game as it is to basic.

PS Mate dont say "save scumming" literally no such thing and you seem too literate to be retarded. Bad enough that there are over a dozen terms people are too incompetent to use correctly in regards to games, dont need to create phrases just to be stupid intentionally and use incorrectly

That is exactly not what hard is. That would imply being able to do something. It's laughably poor design to allow a situation to occur. Any lack of forewarning, levels or direction aside from go to the town is poor/lazy. Game seems solid but that is a huge flaw
I feel like you've never beaten a single dungeon crawler rogue-like before lmao

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

Save summing discussions aside, unwinnable scenarios are an unfortunate but very normal part of the roguelike experience. As a fan of roguelikes, I think one of the charms of the genre is the constant fear of imminent death or crippling defeat. It makes each run unique and it gives you a stronger sense of accomplishment when you succeed. If I had to describe it, I'd say it's like tactical gambling. You're constantly on the edge of your seat to see what happen next and you're taking informed risks to come back alive with that hard-earned loot. There's a satisfaction in knowing that it's not a scripted fight that you lost to and that you're not only mindlessly grinding your stats to overcome an artificial difficulty curve. Your accomplishments are real because the risk is real. When you become learned and strong enough to beat that seemingly-impossible room, boss, whatever, you feel like a god damn champ!

Last edited:

ironblaze

Feb 11, 2020
I cannot seem to find the file needed by the decryptor to decryptor to apply the english patch..... im loooking in the correct folder but i cannot seem to find it. the decryptor also doesnt have "open archive" just "Open File". when i try to follow the instructions im looking for theGame.rgss3a file but i cannot find it anywhere can someone help me out here?

Edit: To be more specific i run the decryptor and change it to where i can see all files i select the game.exe and press open but it said its missing a RGGSAD HEADER, give me the error and say fuck you and doesnt do anything else. i have no .rggs3a file in the game fold at all

Last edited:

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Do you have a data folder?
If you do your copy of the game might be decrypted already

ironblaze

Feb 11, 2020
thats what i tried, but then it says the game is missing a strange file and will just close :/

but i think i figured it out....... i had to use the actual download from the first page not the mega download this dude posted on page 12 or 13 :/

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
The text in memory is not translated to English. Did I screw up somewhere or is this really not translated yet?
Does it look like the bottom image here?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If so, that's the best which is possible. These are the built-in Engrish translations that Abare Usagi came up with himself... they're stored in the database which is locked behind a kind of DRM. Though I was able to translate the scene that you can view with "- Introduction -" because it's its own map, rather than text stored in the database.

The green and blue messages in the top image are an example of what my TL patch changes (note that it reads like normal English). If it doesn't look like that, then for some reason it didn't apply my patch, and is just defaulting to the built-in Engrish for those messages.

Len313

Apr 21, 2020
Does it look like the bottom image here?

If so, that's the best which is possible. These are the built-in Engrish translations that Abare Usagi came up with himself... they're stored in the database which is locked behind a kind of DRM. Though I was able to translate the scene that you can view with "- Introduction -" because it's its own map, rather than text stored in the database.

The green and blue messages in the top image are an example of what my TL patch changes (note that it reads like normal English). If it doesn't look like that, then for some reason it didn't apply my patch, and is just defaulting to the built-in Engrish for those messages.
I think I did it correctly. I noticed that the opening scene was translated in English, but other text in the story (memory) were not translated.

Mitzar

Jan 11, 2020
So, about the patches. Should I use all available patches, or only the latest ones? And why not make a download for prepatched game so people wont have to patch it themselves?

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
EDIT - This post is outdated; check out this post on page 16 for the newest TL patch.

So, about the patches. Should I use all available patches, or only the latest ones? And why not make a download for prepatched game so people wont have to patch it themselves?
Well, since Abare Usagi has been known to flip out when other people modified their work, when I first posted my better English patch, I wanted to try to lessen any potential fallout by not distributing a pre-patched copy personally.

And for whatever reason, probably in large part because this is an old game, nobody else has had any interest in uploading a pre-patched version in this thread.

Half a year later, I still haven't received feedback from anyone about the patch I put out (besides asking how to make it work) but I'm going to optimistically assume that no news means no serious problems with it. And I suspect that Abare Usagi barely remembers that this game exists, so I won't hesitate anymore. Here is an "easy version" of my better English patch, that contains extracted assets: Literally all you need to do is get Maidensnow Eve (download it from the OP here or buy it), download the patch from this link, extract it, and then follow the one-line instruction, which is trivial and only takes 2 seconds. Or if someone wants to upload a completely patched version of the full game, be my guest.

Troubleshooting:

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes