3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Tyrfan

Jul 28, 2018
Well, since Abare Usagi has been known to flip out when other people modified their work, when I first posted my better English patch, I wanted to try to lessen any potential fallout by not distributing a pre-patched copy personally.

And for whatever reason, probably in large part because this is an old game, nobody else has had any interest in uploading a pre-patched version in this thread.

Half a year later, I still haven't received feedback from anyone about the patch I put out (besides asking how to make it work) but I'm going to optimistically assume that no news means no serious problems with it. And I suspect that Abare Usagi barely remembers that this game exists, so I won't hesitate anymore. Here is an "easy version" of my better English patch, that contains extracted assets: Literally all you need to do is get Maidensnow Eve (download it from the OP here or buy it), download the patch from this link, extract it, and then follow the one-line instruction, which is trivial and only takes 2 seconds. Or if someone wants to upload a completely patched version of the full game, be my guest.
I have used the patch, it works great. There are still quite a few things that aren't translated at all sadly but i understand that you didn't want to go to far in your edit.

Whoishemaan

Jan 13, 2021
Well, since Abare Usagi has been known to flip out when other people modified their work, when I first posted my better English patch, I wanted to try to lessen any potential fallout by not distributing a pre-patched copy personally.

And for whatever reason, probably in large part because this is an old game, nobody else has had any interest in uploading a pre-patched version in this thread.

Half a year later, I still haven't received feedback from anyone about the patch I put out (besides asking how to make it work) but I'm going to optimistically assume that no news means no serious problems with it. And I suspect that Abare Usagi barely remembers that this game exists, so I won't hesitate anymore. Here is an "easy version" of my better English patch, that contains extracted assets: Literally all you need to do is get Maidensnow Eve (download it from the OP here or buy it), download the patch from this link, extract it, and then follow the one-line instruction, which is trivial and only takes 2 seconds. Or if someone wants to upload a completely patched version of the full game, be my guest.
file 404, new one?

LastSecondSaviour

Sep 6, 2018
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong because I'm trying to install sunshaded's easy patch but I'm apparently too much of a troglodyte to do at least that. I just keep getting a missing graphics error whenever I try to load into a game.

I can launch it and the launcher menu is fine and seems to have applied the patch, it's just as soon as I hit new game or load it just throws up a missing graphics error...

The unpatched version I have works fine, I'm really not sure what's going on so I'd appreciate any suggestions 'cause I've run through my limited troubleshooting at this point -_-

Thanks

Error.png

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong because I'm trying to install sunshaded's easy patch but I'm apparently too much of a troglodyte to do at least that. I just keep getting a missing graphics error whenever I try to load into a game.

I can launch it and the launcher menu is fine and seems to have applied the patch, it's just as soon as I hit new game or load it just throws up a missing graphics error...

The unpatched version I have works fine, I'm really not sure what's going on so I'd appreciate any suggestions 'cause I've run through my limited troubleshooting at this point -_-

Thanks

View attachment 1361753
Judging by the broken window name, I'd guess that installing and running the game in Japanese locale should fix it. I'm not a techie, but that's usually what causes that.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
LastSecondSaviour Yeah, what Ferghus said is right. I think what happened is that when you extracted the patch ZIP file, its files had Japanese characters like 斜め, so Windows didn't create/name them properly.

1. Change your "language for non-Unicode programs" in the Control Panel to Japanese. Here's how:
2. Re-run WinZip/7Zip/whatever you used to extract the zip file. This time, the filenames should probably have Japanese symbols.

I'll edit my post to mention this.

Whoishemaan The file didn't 404 for me; it's still up there. Try again with a different browser or a different computer.

Reactions: LastSecondSaviour

LastSecondSaviour

Sep 6, 2018
LastSecondSaviour Yeah, what Ferghus said is right. I think what happened is that when you extracted the patch ZIP file, its files had Japanese characters like 斜め, so Windows didn't create/name them properly.

1. Change your "language for non-Unicode programs" in the Control Panel to Japanese. Here's how:
2. Re-run WinZip/7Zip/whatever you used to extract the zip file. This time, the filenames should probably have Japanese symbols.

I'll edit my post to mention this.

Whoishemaan The file didn't 404 for me; it's still up there. Try again with a different browser or a different computer.
Works perfectly, thank you~

Been wanting to replay this recently

jaruh

May 1, 2017
Third time coming back to this game... Man, so sad the dev just vanished, any similar reccomendation?

roland_donald

Apr 18, 2020
i really want to get into this game but oh man, i have no idea what the heck is going on
one might say "just get the better english patch and follow the instructions" or something, but sometimes i ask myself if i really want to spend 3 high-effort hours fiddling with this

edit nearly 2 hours after: guess I can spend 2 hours with this
final edit: nvm figured it out

Last edited:

neckless

Oct 23, 2017
I've killed 4/5 bosses but I can't get the Dullahan to spawn, I go as deep as level 20 Heading to hollow tree/Lightless path and never see him... am I missing something?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I've killed 4/5 bosses but I can't get the Dullahan to spawn, I go as deep as level 20 Heading to hollow tree/Lightless path and never see him... am I missing something?
Maybe you're just unlucky. I think what I did when I played the game years ago was I walked almost to an exit and then proceeded to walk back and forth (going down floors) until a boss spawned. Around 4/5 bosses, I think I could comfortably go up to the 40th floor before I'm like "well fuck this."

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
That zippy is a cluster-fuck for me, and the pup, and tracking stuff from there is way over the top. I have tried to use it before, but it is really a terrible place to up load downloadable material too :(

roland_donald

Apr 18, 2020
also, how do you get the cgs? i'm looking in the graphics folder and it seems like there are drawn cg parts and i'm not sure how to actually get those in game

lolicage

Feb 18, 2020
you're doing it correctly, boss generation is strictly based on layers cleared.
on a semi-related note you can increase the value of objects generated per floor based on how thorough you clear out previous floors ( ), this doesn't generate more bosses, but bosses generate more loot (and higher level enemies) as you kill them.

and related to that, if you actively avoid enemies you'll lower the difficulty of rooms as you make your way out.

Requiss

Mar 21, 2020
Sorry i'm stupid but what's the point of this game? Can anyone please explain to me where to go? Like distant 2, distant 7,etc. I'm still stuck at the second area after somehow made out of snowy one

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sorry i'm stupid but what's the point of this game? Can anyone please explain to me where to go? Like distant 2, distant 7,etc. I'm still stuck at the second area after somehow made out of snowy one
The objective of the game (if I'm remembering right) is to eliminate the five area bosses governing different areas. When you have done so, you may speak to the priest at the church to unlock some stuff, including a second storage chest. You may choose to New Game+ or run a post-game dungeon for various rewards.
Here's a basic someone made years ago. Unfortunately the map doesn't tell you what floor exits (e.g. Taking the lower path to avoid the snowstorm) goes to where. Also, if I remember right, you took the more difficult route to the City Outpost. The if you can make, it, I recommend traveling to the Mountain Cave. Cats act as shopkeepers, selling you food and miscellaneous consumables to help you better survive. Following the "sound of a hammer" from there takes you the Dwarf in a few floors. He handles armor repair and upgrading. I recommend practicing dungeon exploration near these two NPCs and figuring out your looting priorities and food needs. All in all, I don't think the game's for everyone but I enjoyed it. Good luck in the dungeons.

Reactions: Sunshaded
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes