Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
I don't understand these "no new content" updates. Why can't these be sown in that upcoming new update where there is already new content. If something stinks of milking, then updates like this. Then the worst is if the change log is not updated and people download these useless updates in vain.

Another thing that breaks the blood vessels in my head is an example: the game has become 5 updates and then the game maker decides that now is a good time to make a whole new version of this shit. That is, quite frankly, completely wasted time. Because that new version is not much different from the old one. If you want to do things better, then make a new independent chapter and continue that game development. You can then add to that new the new ideas that the mind originally made to add to the previous one. There’s no nuclear physics here, but some game makers are either fucking lazy, can’t come up with anything new, or can’t think sensibly, and the end result is annoyed players and financiers.

The third thing that pisses me off so much if the game characters is changed during the journey. These games are not any The Bold and the Beautiful soap which is sometimes forced to change face to character.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm 100% against stopping a vn to "fix" updates of the past. I also do hate devs changing character looks rather it be requested or something technical happened to where it is "necessary".

That said I think it was too soon to cry " milking " also the update is labeled 3.1 when is usually a heads up that it is a bug fix or something of the like and not a full update which would be a 3.5 or 4. Isn't the moderators job to update the changelog? Or am I mistaken?

Not only that if the short time and space it takes to download this is too much for you (royal you) to handle maybe finding another hobby is in order as it really isn't that big of a deal in all sense of the word.

Just my two cents

Reactions: raybae

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
The developer of the game has every right to improve his game. As for releasing it as a update, that is great. They want to show that the game can be emproved to his current followers as well as release a better product for new players. This developer has done a great job at communicating this is just a game quality update to give people the chance to see the improvements or just ignore them. Also this is a pirate site so developers who recognize this as a opportunity to find supporters, and not just a place that rips off there games, is thinking bigger.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I see that there is a feature that is MC corruption. Personally, I usually try to keep the characteristics with that name at 0 in all games, however here it has raised me to 1 after a dream without being able to do anything to avoid it (as far as I know). It isn't something that I like very much. In any case, what exactly is the use of corruption in game mechanics?

On the other hand, I always skip sex dreams scenes. They don't interest me, personally, I prefer if it can be avoided to have them. But it doesn't matter if it isn't like that and I can skip them using the appropriate button (I will not see them, either using one method or using another)

Reactions: TundraLupus

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
getting a weird error on mine when carol tries to tell you that she couldn't go to the restaurant with her boyfriend
odd, since i've played way past this in past updates...
error is as follows

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 149, in script call
    call chapter_one from _call_chapter_one
  File "game/chapter_one.rpy", line 1510, in script call
    call carol_fday from _call_carol_fday_1
ScriptError: could not find label 'carol_fday'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\eyes\MaidandMaidens-0.3.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "D:\Games\eyes\MaidandMaidens-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maids and Maidens 0.3.1
Wed Mar 17 02:10:18 2021

raybae

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
getting a weird error on mine when carol tries to tell you that she couldn't go to the restaurant with her boyfriend
error is as follows

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\eyes\MaidandMaidens-0.3.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
  File "D:\Games\eyes\MaidandMaidens-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maids and Maidens 0.3.1
thanks for letting me know. I'll check this

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
error is as follows

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maids and Maidens 0.3.1
nevermind, i fixed that by installing the latest walkthrough guide, somehow

although, i don't really like that MC's model shows up in his dialogues, specially when it looks like this

1615947353612.png

is there any way i can remove those?

edit: btw, i wasn't expecting such a quick reply to the earlier comment, damn :oops:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
what exactly is the use of corruption in game mechanics?
raybae, What is corruption in the game for? is it possible to avoid winning corruption in the game? For now the game is looking entertaining to me and I like the characters in general, although I would prefer to know this about corruption.

raybae

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
raybae, What is corruption in the game for? is it possible to avoid winning corruption in the game? For now the game is looking entertaining to me and I like the characters in general, although I would prefer to know this about corruption.
Sorry for not replying to you sooner. I was away from my computer for couple of days and I had to check the code to make sure I didn't make a mistake somewhere. All the corruption points in the game are avoidable. 2 cor points you get from having 2 dreams that are avoidable (Carol's dream scene and the nightmare scene). 2 more you get based on choices with Maria. So, there are no forced corruption in the game.

I don't want to reveal too much and spoil things, but the corruption points do have a purpose that will manifest later. Some choices and paths will depend on that variable.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Sorry for not replying to you sooner. I was away from my computer for couple of days and I had to check the code to make sure I didn't make a mistake somewhere. All the corruption points in the game are avoidable. 2 cor points you get from having 2 dreams that are avoidable (Carol's dream scene and the nightmare scene). 2 more you get based on choices with Maria. So, there are no forced corruption in the game.
Thanks for the reply.

I will see what I have done to earn that point and avoid it.

I don't want to reveal too much and spoil things, but the corruption points do have a purpose that will manifest later. Some choices and paths will depend on that variable.
In general, the paths and choices that depend on a variable called corruption don't interest me. So I will continue with my intention to avoid these points completely.

Reactions: Al2(SO4)3
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes