Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Fasder

Is there a limit to the number of sandwiches you can carry? Also after moving it's possible to eat sandwiches so that your energy is more than 100%. This gets "fixed" when you change locations or (i'm assuming, haven't tested yet) do something that takes energy, however the reduction is from the "impossible" value, causing your energy to be at 100% after the activity is complete.

I also noticed that it's possible to eat other food items while at 100%, reducing the food item quantity in the backpack, but not increasing the energy gained. Based on how eating a meal works, I am assuming that this may be intentional?

A possible suggestion for a fix would be a quick sanity check of something like func use.backpack.FoodItem{ if(energy=100%,"i'm full",NOM.FoodItem) }

Sorry for my psuedocode, i haven't coded anything except excel formula in over 20 years, don't know python, and haven't looked at your code at all.

If all of that is by design, feel free to ignore me. XD

One last question, is there a limit to the number of sandwiches that you can have in your backpack? I've been up to around 250 so far, which is when i decided to spam eating sandwiches and discovered that you can have at least 140+/130 energy.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Is there a limit to the number of sandwiches you can carry?
No, no limit which is one of the benefits with sandwiches.
I also noticed that it's possible to eat other food items while at 100%
Yes, this should be fixed, but the check has to happen with a button interaction and the way buttos work generally doesn't make it possible to make an if statement to check the energy level. There are ways around this, but you should be able to understand that this happen pretty easily and it's not really a big issue, so I've just left it for some rainy day.

But yeah, sandwiches can be stacked very high, don't know if there's an engine limit maybe, but none set by me.
The other benefit is that it's faster, no displayable or text to add extra clicks. It also doesn't restore as much as other food, which is why you can stack more of them. You're also not limited by my very, very poorly made code that sometimes will allow you to eat more than once per day.
Oh and it's free,but you need 10 cooking before you can make them.
So yeah, that's most of it. There's a bit more to it though.
Energy does need some work though, there's just not enough to spend it on later in the game. I have some ideas to make this better, but all in due time.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
leproso0413

In settings there's an option called fast(er) mode.
That being saide, since it's a RenPy game you shouldn't need a cheat mod, just break out dev to get variable names and use the console to change them. Or if you don't want to think literally at all, use a save editor (saveeditonline.com i think?).

Edit: Just be aware that cheating in these manners may cause you to miss content if you ratchet the values up to high to quickly, this can cause certain events to not fire off, which in turn blocks progression in events that depend on them.

Reactions: Fasder

IchDerTester

Jul 4, 2018
Hi, please help me :) .
I can't get the phone call at the pld house triggered. I allready got the ladder and Dianas Pis shows at 4pm with an "!" at the old house but nothing happend. (The aggility is about 50 btw.)
I'm missing 2 Szenes. I think the first one is dianas phone call and the sec will be after that szene? :)

And I can't find Bonus Picture 20. Did you guys found it? Please give me a hint were I can find it :)
Thank you

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Hi, please help me :) .
I can't get the phone call at the pld house triggered. I allready got the ladder and Dianas Pis shows at 4pm with an "!" at the old house but nothing happend. (The aggility is about 50 btw.)
I'm missing 2 Szenes. I think the first one is dianas phone call and the sec will be after that szene? :)

And I can't find Bonus Picture 20. Did you guys found it? Please give me a hint were I can find it :)
Thank you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rocarnem

Aug 21, 2018
Version 0.13.07 in Italian with the Patch: HotFix to 0.13.08
I decided to share this version in Italian even though it has errors of various kinds including the meaning of some sentences.
I started from version 0.10.04, but I never had time to correct it.
I hope everyone appreciates my good will!
Special thanks to those who will make the necessary corrections!

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
am sorry but this game was so good at 1st. but now its just so boring. with each new update getting smaller and smaller.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
am sorry but this game was so good at 1st. but now its just so boring. with each new update getting smaller and smaller.
I've had some pretty substantial health issues the past three or so months so I've not been able to work as much as I used to.
Also if you judge game quality based on the size of updates then I don't even know anymore. You do realize a lot of people just do this for fun, right? I make fuck all from this.
I don't try to "hook" people with every update, I just make whatever I need to in order to get to the next block, that's what you guys see. It's like building a lego house, first you put down the foundation, then you start building the house, one block at a time. Shit takes time and effort, seeing people who whine based on how many blocks I put down isn't exactly encouraging.

Edit:
Also my updates have been about the same size for the past four or so updates, this one being slightly smaller due to the reason mentioned above.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
While saying "Ignore him Fasder; he's just one of those people that are unhappy and needs to let everyone know about it" probably doesn't actually do anything to help you...

Ignore him and people like him Fasder. There's lots of shitty people on the internet that have a burning need to let people know they are unhappy about even the most trivial of things. There is literally no way to please them all.

As long as you aren't being shitty to others, make what you want to.

That's how you make something that's worth anything.

Reactions: junior366

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
While saying "Ignore him Fasder; he's just one of those people that are unhappy and needs to let everyone know about it" probably doesn't actually do anything to help you...

Ignore him and people like him Fasder. There's lots of shitty people on the internet that have a burning need to let people know they are unhappy about even the most trivial of things. There is literally no way to please them all.

As long as you aren't being shitty to others, make what you want to.

That's how you make something that's worth anything.
I am a problem solver, I like to solve issues rather than ignoring them. I know a lot of people don't think before they speak, therefore I think it's important to call people out when they are just spouting nonsense.
It bothers me a bit, but nearly as much as it have in the past. It's mostly just frustrating to see people who have no compassion for other human beings.
If you're unhappy you should seek help, or work on solving your problems, don't take it out on others, some problems are hard, some are easy, you just have to keep going until it's solved.

Thanks for your consideration.

IchDerTester

Jul 4, 2018
Ah I needed the QDPA. I got both Diana Scenes (15 QDPA) but it still says 45/46 Szenes (and 10/10 Optional) and I'm still missing Pic 20. I can't find it in the office.
But thanks for you're help :)

Btw. I used the Patch, found the ladder and got the Diana pic with the "!". It was a little bit confusing that I needed 10 and 15 QDPA to do the scene.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
For me, it's mostly the lack of actual contribution to the discussion on how to improve. I don't come into a thread and say OMG I like this. I also don't do the opposite. Instead, I try to actually contribute to the conversation instead of doing "me too" or "this is great/shitty" type posts.

I feel like those sorts of posts are really just... to garner attention for the poster. Generally I will metaphorically shake my head and go on. The exception to this mindset for me is if the dev comments on it; especially if it's because of the negative type of posts. Then I start worying that the dev may get discouraged and drop whatever project it is because someone else made it unpleasant for them. I mean, if you're constantly told that your work is not worth the time you put into it...

I do think you're right about it happening mostly because people don't bother to actually think about what they're posting though.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Ah I needed the QDPA. I got both Diana Scenes (15 QDPA) but it still says 45/46 Szenes (and 10/10 Optional) and I'm still missing Pic 20. I can't find it in the office.
But thanks for you're help :)

Btw. I used the Patch, found the ladder and got the Diana pic with the "!". It was a little bit confusing that I needed 10 and 15 QDPA to do the scene.

Then I start worying that the dev may get discouraged and drop whatever project it is because someone else made it unpleasant for them. I mean, if you're constantly told that your work is not worth the time you put into it...
I guess you haven't read the rest of this thread then. Every now and again there's someone who starts to shit on my work, I'm not making this game for other people, I'm making it for myself, when people like it it makes it more fun, but it's not the reason I started.
I do think you're right about it happening mostly because people don't bother to actually think about what they're posting though.
That, among other things.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes