Fragmentation

Oct 16, 2016
So I've got to the part where you and your sister start developing a website for the pizzeria and then nothing much seems to happen after that. Is that the current end of content?

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
So I've got to the part where you and your sister start developing a website for the pizzeria and then nothing much seems to happen after that. Is that the current end of content?
It's the last part with Sarah, Jenny has a umm.. hammer scene and a scene in the livingroom. They tend to take a lot of time to get to, but if you've gotten those then I think you've seen most of it.

Reactions: Fragmentation

secrecy

May 1, 2017
For those of you who want to play v0.03.01 without having to worry much about energy, I have "hacked" the functions.rpy file and changed it to add 1 instead of subtracting 3 whenever you change rooms. I have also capped energy at 100 in the same place.

Unpack the attached zip file and copy functions.rpy into your Life / game folder (the one where archive.rpa is). Then start the game and it should be working. Don't try and use this file with other versions of the game! The changes are around line 103 in the file.

@Fasder I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me :)
Many thanks! Game becomes great again. I am really interested in story and sexual crescendo.

I purchased the dildo -yes, I know it´s useless at the moment, but I was saving for that, so why not?-, but never appears in my inventory...and I lost the 100$ too. I think dildo and strap on should not appear for purchase if are useless at this level of development.

secrecy

May 1, 2017
Cannot make use of your cooking abilities now? A message says you could make breakfast for sister, but I suppose it´s under development. I stopped at cooking 20 because I don´t want to go too far.

TheKyu

Dec 18, 2017
Sadly we dont really have a clue to what the games want you to do next, that with the need to repeat some scenes to get new scenes makes me really confused, i dont know if i need to keep doing the same thing till something new pops up or i'm just doing ssomething useless. Anyway the game shows potencial

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Sadly we dont really have a clue to what the games want you to do next, that with the need to repeat some scenes to get new scenes makes me really confused, i dont know if i need to keep doing the same thing till something new pops up or i'm just doing ssomething useless. Anyway the game shows potencial
Generally there are short scenes that are repeatable, these give you affection. Once your affection and or other stats are high enough a new longer scene will play out and a new repeatable will be available and so on.
It's not always the case but generally speaking that's what happens.

Reactions: TheKyu

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Generally there are short scenes that are repeatable, these give you affection. Once your affection and or other stats are high enough a new longer scene will play out and a new repeatable will be available and so on.

uhm what did you do to the energy formula?
he turns his head and suddenly i'm too tired i need energy, no one loses energy as fast as this guy does, he farts and lose 80 energy..

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
ok this is insane, i was at 81 energy, i sleep and now i'm at 28 energy eh?!?

addendum: heh also i noticed how sarah can be showing nowhere at all in the house, i go to her room and go to sleep and magic, she's there laying on me.
seems like the movie watching thing is gone completely now.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
ok this is insane, i was at 81 energy, i sleep and now i'm at 28 energy eh?!?
I changed the value for when you change location from -1 to -3. I've released a new version which uses -2 to my patrons.
There is more information on this topic if you look further back in the thread.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I changed the value for when you change location from -1 to -3. I've released a new version which uses -2 to my patrons.
There is more information on this topic if you look further back in the thread.
so is he suffering from leukemia or something? haha but something is messed up, at energy 80, goes to sarah's from tv room and back and it's 70 energy and why does sleeping use energy?

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
so is he suffering from leukemia or something? haha but something is messed up, at energy 80, goes to sarah's from tv room and back and it's 70 energy and why does sleeping use energy?
It's meant to be a mechanic where you plan things, pay attention to what's going on rather than drone on without an actual goal in sight. Can it be done better, sure, but it is what it is, I'll keep improving things as I develop further.
You should be at 74(from 80) if you go from one location to another and then back again. That's only true if you don't interact with anything.
Sleeping doesn't use energy, it sets your energy to 70 so going any higher than that essentially a "overflow mechanic" which is another thing I changed. Previously(in 0.03.01) you could get to 100 energy while the "cap" was at 70 which was set when you go to sleep.

Reactions: patrickB

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Is the one instance of working on the website with Sarah the last content of this version?

Also progress time need some work. If its to push a button wait for x hours, or go to sleep for x hours by choice. everything is better than keep press watch tv...

game seems promising though with a build up rather than rush to balls deep.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Is the one instance of working on the website with Sarah the last content of this version?

Also progress time need some work. If its to push a button wait for x hours, or go to sleep for x hours by choice. everything is better than keep press watch tv...

game seems promising though with a build up rather than rush to balls deep.
It's the last content for Sarah in this version. Jenny has two scenes as well but they can be very time consuming to get to. Check post #225

Yea the wait thing has been brought up a lot. I'm still not completely convinced it's necessary and it may screw things up with future plans for the livingroom. But it's not out of the question.

Thanks for playing!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's the last content for Sarah in this version. Jenny has two scenes as well but they can be very time consuming to get to. Check post #225

Yea the wait thing has been brought up a lot. I'm still not completely convinced it's necessary and it may screw things up with future plans for the livingroom. But it's not out of the question.

Thanks for playing!
When will the mother get added to the story?, and how ill raising diversity of stats before she does affect game play ? Just curious.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
When will the mother get added to the story?, and how ill raising diversity of stats before she does affect game play ? Just curious.
She's does not have any content as of now. I don't want to delve to deep into that topic just yet.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
She's does not have any content as of now. I don't want to delve to deep into that topic just yet.
Please for the love of all that is holly :p whatever you do, don't make us restart the game from scratch when introduce a new character, because the grind would seriously be a mood changer -)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Please for the love of all that is holly :p whatever you do, don't make us restart the game from scratch when introduce a new character, because the grind would seriously be a mood changer -)
I recommend you restart with every version as I keep adjusting the numbers so the content isn't all out of whack. For instance there is a large part in the end-game right now which is meant to be filled up with the next version. But if the content I make don't fill that up properly then I have to re-adjust the existing content. So restarting is always recommended.
It's a bit of a harsh reality of this type of development, I know Summertime Saga at least had this type of development previously, I'm not sure about how it is now. I know it sucks as a consumer so I don't do it just to piss people off. It's just very beneficial to be able to iterate on both new and old content to get the best possible result.

TheKyu

Dec 18, 2017
Is there some way to tell if i reached the end of the scenes in the current version of the game?

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Is there some way to tell if i reached the end of the scenes in the current version of the game?
Becuase of the non-linear linear nature of the game it's difficult to give any kind of alert in a good way. But if you scroll up and read a few of my posts there I outlined a couple of the scenes that should happen at the very end.

Reactions: patrickB

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I recommend you restart with every version as I keep adjusting the numbers so the content isn't all out of whack. For instance there is a large part in the end-game right now which is meant to be filled up with the next version. But if the content I make don't fill that up properly then I have to re-adjust the existing content. So restarting is always recommended.
It's a bit of a harsh reality of this type of development, I know Summertime Saga at least had this type of development previously, I'm not sure about how it is now. I know it sucks as a consumer so I don't do it just to piss people off. It's just very beneficial to be able to iterate on both new and old content to get the best possible result.
Then a better time management system really is in order, or else you increase the risk of players get tired of repeat the same tasks over and over. Then again if more content is added, so you have much more things to interact with on a day to day basis it become less of a chore. (maybe).

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes