bobn

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed this, but agree there is too much dead time and energy drain. I'm looking forward to the next update.

If anyone has it, please post it!

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Game needs a more unique title, can't search life and return a hit on this project. Only gives me 5 results total.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I agree, I'm all for simple titles, but life is a nightmare to find through the search engine, I can only find this thread because of the watched threads

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Game needs a more unique title, can't search life and return a hit on this project. Only gives me 5 results total.
I agree, I'm all for simple titles, but life is a nightmare to find through the search engine, I can only find this thread because of the watched threads
Try searching by keywords like: 0.0X, Life, Fasder
Life Fasder should be fine.
It was something I never really thought about, it's been named Life since early spring of 2017 when I first started to develop and learn how to make the game.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
You could change the title to Life by Fasder, if you want to keep the name as Life. Just so there is something for the search to grab hold of, it's a little janky sometimes.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
You could change the title to Life by Fasder, if you want to keep the name as Life. Just so there is something for the search to grab hold of, it's a little janky sometimes.
Yea it's something that has crossed my mind.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, I decided to replay this visual novel/game again, now that it has a few more content updates under it's belt... I'm a little bit disappointed thus far... Besides the anorexic models, I also kept running into what seems like a bug in the game... After the same point each time, Sarah would stop showing up in the kitchen, her room at 20:00 for watching tv, and her room any time after that (even when starting a completely new game each time)... Not sure if it was intentional or a real issue? Which makes it hard to know if there is anymore content with her past the point where that started to occur... I went ahead and updated my review... I may or may not try this one again sometime, but I'm not real sure at this moment, as it has some features that I find a bit tedious (energy and networking questions) which just adds to the repetitive nature of this game's grind... Plus I stopped playing each time the possible bug occurred, just because I don't want to waste time if nothing will actually progress with Sarah past that point...

(Note - I even tried following the walkthrough to see if I was doing something wrong to cause the Sarah issue, but it happens eventually anyway)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Sarah would stop showing up in the kitchen
Are you referring to the scene where you watch her cook? Then that is a bug and I have no idea why that would happen.

her room at 20:00 for watching tv
The scene is de-activated after you reach 25 affection, after that the pool scene is extended and becomes the main source of affection.

and her room any time after that
No events in her room at that time. There will be one you can do later in the game.

(energy and networking questions)
Energy has been changed in my latest version(0.03.03), it just hasn't found its way to this site. The questions is not something I'm looking to change. But more of them will be added to add some more variety.

Plus I stopped playing each time the possible bug occurred, just because I don't want to waste time if nothing will actually progress with Sarah past that point...
Then you missed most of the new content.

(Note - I even tried following the walkthrough to see if I was doing something wrong to cause the Sarah issue, but it happens eventually anyway)
Unless you got a hold of the new walkthrough(for 0.03.03) that I put out today, the old one in OP is for the last version and only reflect the state of the game as it was then. There has been quite a lot of changes.

Sorry you didn't like it, hope you find something else that catches your interest!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the case but if you're using an old save then that might be the source of the kitchen issue. I recommend starting over with each version as I generally do pacing changes for each version. This can cause you to miss out on stuff.

"And there are even moments in the beginning, that if you do not strike while the iron is hot, then those story lines will be closed off for good... Yet nothing hints to the player/reader that it is a now or never situation..."
If I'm correct in my assumption that this refers to what action you take during the introduction with Helen then this is inaccurate. I'm guessing you based that information of the walkthrough which, like I pointed out earlier, is outdated.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The scene is de-activated after you reach 25 affection, after that the pool scene is extended and becomes the main source of affection.
LOL great "reviewer". Don't worry @Fasder. Is not the first game that destroys because is not able to find something. I think as gamer he's sucks (based off my personal experience).

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Are you referring to the scene where you watch her cook? Then that is a bug and I have no idea why that would happen.

No events in her room at that time. There will be one you can do later in the game.

Energy has been changed in my latest version(0.03.03), it just hasn't found its way to this site. The questions is not something I'm looking to change. But more of them will be added to add some more variety.

Unless you got a hold of the new walkthrough(for 0.03.03) that I put out today, the old one in OP is for the last version and only reflect the state of the game as it was then. There has been quite a lot of changes.

Sorry you didn't like it, hope you find something else that catches your interest!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the case but if you're using an old save then that might be the source of the kitchen issue. I recommend starting over with each version as I generally do pacing changes for each version. This can cause you to miss out on stuff.

"And there are even moments in the beginning, that if you do not strike while the iron is hot, then those story lines will be closed off for good... Yet nothing hints to the player/reader that it is a now or never situation..."
If I'm correct in my assumption that this refers to what action you take during the introduction with Helen then this is inaccurate. I'm guessing you based that information of the walkthrough which, like I pointed out earlier, is outdated.
I appreciate the quick reply... As to the 20:00 time frame, that is usually when you ask her to watch a movie on the TV... But she no longer is in her room at all, at any time past her being at the pool... It's almost as if she just disappears from the house completely after being at the pool each day, even late into the night... So she is no longer in the kitchen making food, not available to watch a movie (you mentioned that enough affection makes this one vanish), and not in bed past midnight... She shows up again in the morning at the gym, then in the bathroom, then at the pool, and that is it... Not sure if that is all intentional or an error of some sort? Is there a trigger that makes the kitchen cooking vanish as well at some point? Or perhaps the fact that I never broke the bathroom handle maybe have some link the kitchen bug?

I had old saves, but I never used any of them, and in fact I overwrote them... I typically always restart from scratch on these early development games, especially after waiting on several content updates before revisiting it... As I understand that as development progresses the game can and usually does make enough changes to make old saves obsolete...

As to the walkthrough, I used the one on this site, and I didn't see anything in it that I missed...

It's not that I hate this VN/Game, i just had issues with what seemed to be a bug (because it seemed weird that she would just completely vanish after the pool scene, until the next day) or a possible cascading bug... And if it is a bug, i would prefer to wait for it to be fixed before wasting time with the grind, rather then find out that her vanishing resulted in a content wall... I'm perfecting willing to give it another go at some other time (once the issues I mentioned are resolved or if you believe it is working as intended?), and I'm glad to hear about the energy removal, as that mechanic becomes the worst headache in this game's grind...

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
As to the 20:00 time frame, that is usually when you ask her to watch a movie on the TV... But she no longer is in her room at all, at any time past her being at the pool...
This is intended, there are no interactions in her room after the movienight has run its course. That is up until you've progressed further into the game. Right now you can gain affection from 0-25 doing the movienight scene, once you hit 25 the scene by the pool extends and you will be able to raise it to 35 doing that. Keep raising your stats and stuff will start happening.

So she is no longer in the kitchen making food,
I really have no idea why this would happen. I've looked at the code and this is one of the scenes that are pretty easy to trigger, so that it is this one in particular is very strange.
The only way I could think of to make this scene not happen is: get negative affection with Sarah which you didn't because then the movienight scene would still be there. Or somehow bypass sleeping which would cause a number of variables to not change to their appropriate state. Non of which seem plausible to me.

As I understand that as development progresses the game can and usually does make enough changes to make old saves obsolete...
Unfortunately that is indeed generally how it goes.

As to the walkthrough, I used the one on this site, and I didn't see anything in it that I missed...
Okay, but like I said it's outdated, the information is only half-reliable.

It's not that I hate this VN/Game, i just had issues with what seemed to be a bug (because it seemed weird that she would just completely vanish after the pool scene, until the next day) or a possible cascading bug
I can understand that a bug is frustrating, but I have seen no mention of it previously, nor encountered anything remotely like it while testing. If you could send me a savefile or something I could take a look at it, your description is rather sparse so I don't have much to go on.
The reasons she seem to "disappear" is basically because the movienight scene is de-activated. Without it the night are a lot longer and there isn't much to do between 15:00-00:00. The idea is to fill this up better later, I can only do so much in such and such time frame.

(once the issues I mentioned are resolved or if you believe it is working as intended?)
Right now I'm not sure, the kitchen scene should never disappear. So I really don't know.

and I'm glad to hear about the energy removal, as that mechanic becomes the worst headache in this game's grind...
It's not removed, but I tuned it down, I'm also adding more sources of energy with the next version.

So if you can somehow send a savefile I can take a look at it and try to figure out what happened.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This is intended, there are no interactions in her room after the movienight has run its course. That is up until you've progressed further into the game. Right now you can gain affection from 0-25 doing the movienight scene, once you hit 25 the scene by the pool extends and you will be able to raise it to 35 doing that. Keep raising your stats and stuff will start happening.

I really have no idea why this would happen. I've looked at the code and this is one of the scenes that are pretty easy to trigger, so that it is this one in particular is very strange.
The only way I could think of to make this scene not happen is: get negative affection with Sarah which you didn't because then the movienight scene would still be there. Or somehow bypass sleeping which would cause a number of variables to not change to their appropriate state. Non of which seem plausible to me.

Unfortunately that is indeed generally how it goes.

Okay, but like I said it's outdated, the information is only half-reliable.

I can understand that a bug is frustrating, but I have seen no mention of it previously, nor encountered anything remotely like it while testing. If you could send me a savefile or something I could take a look at it, your description is rather sparse so I don't have much to go on.
The reasons she seem to "disappear" is basically because the movienight scene is de-activated. Without it the night are a lot longer and there isn't much to do between 15:00-00:00. The idea is to fill this up better later, I can only do so much in such and such time frame.

Right now I'm not sure, the kitchen scene should never disappear. So I really don't know.

It's not removed, but I tuned it down, I'm also adding more sources of energy with the next version.

So if you can somehow send a savefile I can take a look at it and try to figure out what happened.
Is it possible that because I didn't break the door handle to the bathroom yet, that it might effect the kitchen scene as progression goes on?

I'll reinstall the game again later today and try a few more things, and if it still persists, I'll do a save and send it to you... Thank you again for such a quick response...

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
yay!!! i'm glad for that, that was the one thing driving me nuts with it, i'd change rooms and lose 8 energy, had me wondering was this a huge mansion? heh he had to walk 20 miles to get to the other room? also on the kitchen thing, she still shows up around 1400, wearing very little and an apron. i am ashamed at the mc for not figuring things out there. also the interactions i have with her are, morning gym, then bathroom/pool, kitchen around 1400, then nothing until late night when i go to her room to sleep then she magically appears beside me on the bed. i badly want to learn her ninja skills!! sometimes it will show her icon pic and say home, but can't find her anywhere.. for me the pool scene is still just her saying she's gonna swim, then waking me up to put sunscreen on her back, then i passout again, from an odd lack of energy. you'd think a young male would have tons of energy from rubbing on a girl's back. also it has not gotten back to the malware i put on jenny/jenna's computer. so i'm guessing i missed a trigger for it or something.
i have this odd feeling that sarah and me watching them two will open up many new avenues...

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Is it possible that because I didn't break the door handle to the bathroom yet, that it might effect the kitchen scene as progression goes on?
That has nothing to do with the kitchen scene. This is the conditions for the kitchen scene:
hours >= 13 and hours <= 15 and sarah_cooking_lesson == False
So between 13:00 and 15:00 and if the sarah_cooking_lesson(this variable is automatically set to False when you go to sleep) is False. There are also two other conditions that need to be met which are either sarah_affection <= 34
Which means her affection stat needs to be 34 or lower.
Once you reach 35 the scene changed with this:
sarah_affection >= 35
Which means it need to be higher or equal to 35.

I'll reinstall the game again later today and try a few more things, and if it still persists, I'll do a save and send it to you... Thank you again for such a quick response...
Thanks I appreciate it. There should be a good chunk of content left as soon as you hit at least 35 affection with Sarah and reach 100 programming. There are some more flags that need to be fulfilled but they should not be difficult to fulfill.

Also I'm aware of a bug in this version(0.03.01) and it's that you are able to break the bathroom lock multiple times later down the line. This has already been fixed in a later version. Just ignore the option if it appears again.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
yay!!! i'm glad for that, that was the one thing driving me nuts with it, i'd change rooms and lose 8 energy, had me wondering was this a huge mansion?
Yea a lot of people disliked it so I've changed the value. There is also more sources of energy and the ability to raise the maximum energy coming in the next version.

also the interactions i have with her are, morning gym, then bathroom/pool, kitchen around 1400, then nothing until late night when i go to her room to sleep then she magically appears beside me on the bed
This is correct. Although you seem to be missing one piece of the story which involves Jenna.
You should be able to get a scene with her once you get to 15 affection at the pizzeria.

i badly want to learn her ninja skills!!
She's an athletic woman. :D

sometimes it will show her icon pic and say home, but can't find her anywhere..
Try going outside to the home location. :)

then i passout again, from an odd lack of energy.
Well, heat + introvesion can cause you to get really damn tired. But it's just a convenient excuse to end the scene, haha.

also it has not gotten back to the malware i put on jenny/jenna's computer. so i'm guessing i missed a trigger for it or something.
If you got the scene where Sarah checks if it works then you've seen the end of that content.

i have this odd feeling that sarah and me watching them two will open up many new avenues...
;)

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i never once even thought about going outside, god i suck haha, makes sense now. yea had the jenna/jenny scenes, just didn't mention them cuz i was talking about sarah's. also that last emoji haha but so far i have not had the checking scene, so still something there for me.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
i never once even thought about going outside, god i suck haha, makes sense now. yea had the jenna/jenny scenes, just didn't mention them cuz i was talking about sarah's. also that last emoji haha but so far i have not had the checking scene, so still something there for me.
I'm not sure what you're missing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then you should have the ability to unlock a scene in Sarah's bedroom between 20:00-22:00.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
That has nothing to do with the kitchen scene. This is the conditions for the kitchen scene:
hours >= 13 and hours <= 15 and sarah_cooking_lesson == False
So between 13:00 and 15:00 and if the sarah_cooking_lesson(this variable is automatically set to False when you go to sleep) is False. There are also two other conditions that need to be met which are either sarah_affection <= 34
Which means her affection stat needs to be 34 or lower.
Once you reach 35 the scene changed with this:
sarah_affection >= 35
Which means it need to be higher or equal to 35.

Thanks I appreciate it. There should be a good chunk of content left as soon as you hit at least 35 affection with Sarah and reach 100 programming. There are some more flags that need to be fulfilled but they should not be difficult to fulfill.

Also I'm aware of a bug in this version(0.03.01) and it's that you are able to break the bathroom lock multiple times later down the line. This has already been fixed in a later version. Just ignore the option if it appears again.
Alrighty, got to go through this one again... This time around I did things in a more methodical order, ensuring I got certain steps (like the bathroom handle) done before the next step of content opened up... The kitchen cooking content seems to be working properly for me now... I was able to get through the content all the way to making the pizzeria website with Sarah, and that is where I hit a content wall... So I'll assume that is it for the current version? Sarah's affection capped at 46, Jenna's at 19, and Jenny's at 20... I haven't messed with the professor past her drunken sex scene... But she seems to be a bit of an odd ball anyway...

I went ahead and re-updated my review and removed anything to do with my prior bug issue, as well as added and removed a few other tidbits...

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes