Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I just played thru the game in one shot ( well not one sitting, but whenever I got hobby time to play) I really liked it. I first came for the Kinky side but with a bit of aprehention, not sure I would like it considering the art style chosen for the breasts of the female characters. So the first thing the game did was shater my prejudice about the style. I have seen this style associated with mindless bimbo and tits reaching sizes that where simply unnatural and unatractive to me. So the game destroyed the association of the art style and thrope and showed me that characters could be made quite apealing in this style. Because on style alone, those ladys are realy beautyfull.

For now lets stay on the subject of art style for the game and talk about the sprites. I knew from the preview what to expect but not how I would feel about it once I would be playing the game. I must admit I quite liked it simply for the fact that it was different. It didn't bother me at all from the first sceen presented that way to the last.

Let's talk about Mark. the POV character. I feel that he is one of the stronger point of the game. Manny games use the 1st POV to alow the player to self insert. Here the game does just that but by using a strong point of that aproche that other games reject and this one embrace. The game starts and mark is just your average Player Character with no personality and slowly reveal himself to the player to the point where viewing his world thru his eyes we come to understand him and express empathy toward him. I would argue that he is possibly the most interesting character of the cast. Making the player live joys, torments and events from the point of view of someone that is certainly different from them is magnificent. It is not something I expected. I became Invested in him.

On the kinky side I enjoed it a lot. In this kind of game, you often hear of corruption to talk about how much characters are into sex and other related activities to the point of neglecting everything else. Lets just say that this game spured a reflection on me, as the characters here are realy into it and one could argue even more than in some other games with a so caled corruption meter. but here is the thing the characters in this game are still functioning people so I thunk about it for a certain time and I would call it being decomplexed rather than corrupted. To me at least it does not carry the same bagage. The word corruption carrying a notion of undesirable effect or destruction. For examle: corrupted code. It is fun to watch the adventures of the cast as they are still humans and not only fuck dolls.

I just hope that the dev can find the time to continiue his storry and flesh it out more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Oh wow, thank you, this is really nice of you to say.
For now lets stay on the subject of art style for the game and talk about the sprites. I knew from the preview what to expect but not how I would feel about it once I would be playing the game. I must admit I quite liked it simply for the fact that it was different. It didn't bother me at all from the first sceen presented that way to the last.
I had shit hardware when I started so that's why I use sprites, then I've just stuck with it to keep it mostly consistent through the game. Glad it didn't bother you though, some people don't like it.
as the characters here are realy into it and one could argue even more than in some other games with a so caled corruption meter. but here is the thing the characters in this game are still functioning people so I thunk about it for a certain time and I would call it being decomplexed rather than corrupted.
So... I usually dislike the word corruption for the reasons you just said. It implies something "evil" or whatever, but if all parties are open to explore, you get a more natural and positive experience.
There's an almost abusive nature to how "corruption" is often portrayed that doesn't sit right with me.
I want them to care, to show they care and show them enjoying themselves. Sex is fun!
I just hope that the dev can find the time to continiue his storry and flesh it out more.
Working on it, hopefully there will be a release soonish.
So I just feel that in the last "main story" event Sarah's therapy sessions could have been implemented in the gameplay loop alowing to go deeper and more openly in her trouma. It may be because I went thru the game quite fast but I didn't feel like Sarah had trouble so deep that she would need a therapist. With more discution between the characters I maybe could have understood it more and I quite liked the cast so seeing their reaction and own interogations and doubts would have been fun. I don't know, the therapy thing seams like something important to the developer, I just wish the game would have gone deeper with it.
So for one, I'm not a therapist, so making stuff up from therapy and making it sound natural and believable is hard.
Second, Sarah is kind of shut in, much like Mark, though in a different way. But you might be right that it would've made more sense to have her talk about it. It's not really something I ever considered, I think?
Her problems were quite deep, I was never super explicit with how bad it was, but imagine your parent using you as a medical experiment and just generally being a piece of shit, then her problems become a bit more obvious. So in my mind, it made total sense for her to get some help.
Also, therapy can be useful for just about anyone, get to know yourself better and understand your emotions better. It's not quite what people imagine it is. Now, maybe that would've been good to show, but alas, it never happened.
I guess there's also some insecurity from me here too, a lot of people will be put off by showing something that is very painful and is probably real for a lot of people here. I know a lot of people are playing these games to escape, not to feel sad. So I have to be mindful of that too.
Helen as a character seems under utilised in the last streach of the second part. I feel that I have many interogation about her place and how she fitt with the others. While she plays a bit the part of the outsider coming in, I just feel she hasn't quite found her place with the rest, be it as part of the group or something else. I wish there was more event with her, even just a few more side event to show how she evolve to the contact of her coworker.
She will have more screen time in one of the paths to the ending, hopefully some of these things will be addressed there.
How does that all come together? A throw away discution at the bar that evolve into something more serious or stays at the bar and is forgoten a couple of hours later.
Will be addressed in the paths to the ending, though not in the one path that I've almost completed. So it'll happen in future release(s).
With the first name of the game I feel that it is a discution that should hapen at one point.
The name of the game is a play on Mark's name(duh :ROFLMAO:) but also because they make a significant mark in the world with their actions, I'm mostly talking about the QDPA shenanigans here. The QDPA ramifications will be further explored in Down the Road and possibly future games. It's also about Mark's journey through this portion of his life, so you see him "get made" if that makes sense.

Thanks for playing and this feedback, it really means a lot to me. Thank you!

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
bonus pictures P1-P23 walkthrough

I could not able to find two pictures.
P07 in school & P17 in MC's room.

Is these will available after certain contents or I am not clicking on right places..??

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I could not able to find two pictures.
P07 in school & P17 in MC's room.

Is these will available after certain contents or I am not clicking on right places..??
The school ones are at the desk and on a poster to the right.

17 might be on the shelf to the left and it may be covered by the hint menu if you have that open.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Making a Mark 0.18.00 is out now:

Code:
###############################

##Changelog for Making a Mark 0.18.00

###############################

##Added one full path to the ending.

##Added the final ending scene.

##Added 139 new renders.

##Added an end/credits screen.

##Updated the game window icon.

##Fixed a bunch of bugs.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
guys its been a year but does this game will have a new update? if no i'm gonna removed from my list
thanks in advanced~

Reactions: rarchic
3.50 star(s) 45 Votes