xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
@Fasder Loving it so far - keep up the good work :)

@ others you should know by now how to decrypt and read a ren'py script :eek:penedeyewink: All you need is in there my friends :cool:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@Fasder Loving it so far - keep up the good work :)

@ others you should know by now how to decrypt and read a ren'py script :eek:penedeyewink: All you need is in there my friends :cool:
Thanks, it means a lot!

Oh god, I hope my code is not to freightening. It needs to be tidied up a bit. ;)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
If anyone is interested I made a small public post on Patreon detailing what I've been working on. You can see it .

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
If anyone is interested I made a small public post on Patreon detailing what I've been working on. You can see it .
Will you make available here the updated update in patreon for now?

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Will you make available here the updated update in patreon for now?
I have not decided just yet. I want to release it for free, but I do not have a job, so there is a bit of a conflict of interest right now. Most likely I will release for free, and if I see that I get enough support I will continue doing so. But this is not conclusive.

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
I have not decided just yet. I want to release it for free, but I do not have a job, so there is a bit of a conflict of interest right now. Most likely I will release for free, and if I see that I get enough support I will continue doing so. But this is not conclusive.
I asked why some developers release here for free some initial versions, even as a form of advertising for the game!
;););););)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I asked why some developers release here for free some initial versions, even as a form of advertising for the game!
;););););)
Yepp, I've been thinking something along those lines. Although I would love it if I didn't have to put it behind a paywall. I do however want to live, so it's a bit uncertain.

Hope I didn't missunderstand what you were saying, it's a bit difficult to dechipher, no offence meant. :)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
(This review has been moved to the review section above, for this thread)

Last edited:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
This is sort of a laidback visual novel/game... And as it's very early in development, there are only a small handful of events to participate in... You have some stats to work on, only of which a few currently seem to matter all that much... The visuals are good, but the menu at the top for the places to go requires scrolling left and right to see all the places to go which can be a minor annoyance... Perhaps smaller buttons highlighted or outlined in some way that fit on the screen without the need for scrolling would be better... There were also a few spelling errors and grammar goofs, but overall it wasn't too badly scripted...

There are items you can buy that for the moment have no purpose, but based off what I've read they are place holders for future content... I did think it was hilarious that you pay $50 for a pizza that only cost $25 according to the gal at the restaurant, so that's a pretty substantial tip you pay, lol... I could never figure out how to deliver the wine as a gift for the new neighbor, but I just dismissed it as another bit of content being developed...

It's listed as an open world type visual novel, but there isn't much narrative at the moment to really call it a visual novel... It plays out more like a dating sim where you can choose how you spend your time in varying ways... The content currently as it stands isn't much... And I know based off the feel of the game that the sister becomes a love interest of the protagonist, but I wouldn't even mind it if they were just close siblings without any erotic stuff at all... As there seems to be plenty of other female characters in the works... To be a true "do what you want" type of game, there should be many different options for how the protagonist interacts with each character... Otherwise it falls into the same old rut of just being another somewhat linear sex exploit story...

The game/vn is in it's infancy stage of development, and it will be interesting where the author/s take it... I hope it sticks to it's guns as being a non-linear choose your own adventure feel where you have varying choices with every character and not just another mass sex romp with a stat grind...
Hello!

This is a great post, thank you for that, I'll try to give you my thoughts on what you are saying.
Aside from programming, all the stats have a specific function. Right now they might not be as rewarding as they could be, but as you said yourself the game is in it's infancy stage.

The navigation menu have been through maybe four or five different version. All the way back when I first started making the game, or rather the alpha version of this game. They have looked pretty much the same but have been coded, and functioned differently(with and without scrolling). What you are saying is not impossible, and there are a few ideas I have been throwing around, but nothing that I feel is better than what is currently in the game.

I am not suprised about the spelling and grammar misstakes. I have been doing quite a lot of testing, including proofreading but it seems it has not been enough. On the other hand English is not my first language so it might just be a case of me being bad.

More items will be added, I just haven't figured out which items and what function they will have. That will come when the time is right. As for the unused items they will have a function in the game but may need some redesigning to make any sort of sense.

My original idea was to make the game linear with open world elements. I.E. raising stats which unlocks storyline segments and new repeatable events.
I don't want to delve to deep into what my plans are as I iterate a lot and ideas are literally haunting my dreams. But I hope it becomes more obvious of how the game works in future updates.

Thank you for playing and I hope you stick around.

Reactions: Raven Hex

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hello!

This is a great post, thank you for that, I'll try to give you my thoughts on what you are saying.
Aside from programming, all the stats have a specific function. Right now they might not be as rewarding as they could be, but as you said yourself the game is in it's infancy stage.

The navigation menu have been through maybe four or five different version. All the way back when I first started making the game, or rather the alpha version of this game. They have looked pretty much the same but have been coded, and functioned differently(with and without scrolling). What you are saying is not impossible, and there are a few ideas I have been throwing around, but nothing that I feel is better than what is currently in the game.

I am not suprised about the spelling and grammar misstakes. I have been doing quite a lot of testing, including proofreading but it seems it has not been enough. On the other hand English is not my first language so it might just be a case of me being bad.

More items will be added, I just haven't figured out which items and what function they will have. That will come when the time is right. As for the unused items they will have a function in the game but may need some redesigning to make any sort of sense.

My original idea was to make the game linear with open world elements. I.E. raising stats which unlocks storyline segments and new repeatable events.
I don't want to delve to deep into what my plans are as I iterate a lot and ideas are literally haunting my dreams. But I hope it becomes more obvious of how the game works in future updates.

Thank you for playing and I hope you stick around.
I getcha, and I appreciate your review of my review, hehe...

A linear story with lots of side stories tends to work well also for good visual novels, it all depends on how you want to present the story... As to the menu, it's not terrible, it's just slightly annoying to use a left and right slider since you can't scroll wheel it and so on... But I could live with it if the content was fun and interesting to read... For me it's the story and how it's told that really captures that spark, the visuals are the icing on the cake as it were... The grammar and spelling errors are few, but don't mind me, I catch myself proof reading anything I read, it's automatic for me, and I don't always catch it all...

I think you have a good thing going thus far and can't wait to see how it develops... I know these things gotta be tough to make, especially since you gotta code, and make 3D renderings, write the script (which in itself when it comes to chose your own adventure type methods can be time consuming), and put it all together in a way that works within the confines of the presentation program... I applaud folks who have that drive to make these things and make them good, and not for the sake of a quick buck but because their passionate about doing it... True artists shine through on these types of projects...

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I getcha, and I appreciate your review of my review, hehe...

A linear story with lots of side stories tends to work well also for good visual novels, it all depends on how you want to present the story... As to the menu, it's not terrible, it's just slightly annoying to use a left and right slider since you can't scroll wheel it and so on... But I could live with it if the content was fun and interesting to read... For me it's the story and how it's told that really captures that spark, the visuals are the icing on the cake as it were... The grammar and spelling errors are few, but don't mind me, I catch myself proof reading anything I read, it's automatic for me, and I don't always catch it all...

I think you have a good thing going thus far and can't wait to see how it develops... I know these things gotta be tough to make, especially since you gotta code, and make 3D renderings, write the script (which in itself when it comes to chose your own adventure type methods can be time consuming), and put it all together in a way that works within the confines of the presentation program... I applaud folks who have that drive to make these things and make them good, and not for the sake of a quick buck but because their passionate about doing it... True artists shine through on these types of projects...
"As to the menu, it's not terrible, it's just slightly annoying to use a left and right slider since you can't scroll wheel it and so on..."
That is probably a problem with Ren'Py, the scrollwheel should work. If it doesn't then I get that it's annoying. What hardware are you using, mouse, touchpad, touchpad with multitouch etc? I'll look into a possible fix.

I know what you mean about the proofreading thing. I do it too, but when I read something I have written myself it's easy to just skim over the text. If you remember any specifics I'll fix them.

The story is very important to me, as it is one of the main driving forces behind the project. I hope I'll be able to make it justice.

It is indeed tricky to make it work and will become even more so with more content to handle.

Thanks again!

Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
How can i get bedroom scene because i already have 51 with sarah and im alredy tired :(

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I made another update post if anyone is interested. You can find it .

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes