bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The ambient sounds for the interior locations are ceiling fans and refrigerators humming. So I'm not sure there was anything wrong with them at all, maybe you just didn't like them. :)

I have no plans to make this an important part of the game, but I still wanted to include it and I have a small plan for it.

If you want to reduce them, then you need to use the developer console.
Easiest way to do that is to use the unren tool that is somewhere on the forum and run it, then you can press shift-O while in the game.
Thanks, it's already unlocked, I only need the right console commands, I opened it through 00console.rpy ;)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks, it's already unlocked, I only need the right console commands, I opened it through 00console.rpy ;)
Well then!

Code:
helen_affection = 35
jenna_affection = 40
jenny_affection = 40
That should be the correct values, unless you didn't sleep with Helen after the bar event, in which case it would be:

Code:
helen_affection = 25

Reactions: bobbo69 and UncleVT

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Well then!

Code:
helen_affection = 35
jenna_affection = 40
jenny_affection = 40
That should be the correct values, unless you didn't sleep with Helen after the bar event, in which case it would be:

Code:
helen_affection = 25
Thanks Fasder ;)

Reactions: Fasder

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
So your answer is, if Helen have 25 or 35 Points, everything will work proper again?
I don't really know what your issue is, you weren't very specific, I just know that the value for Helen is wrong for the triggers.
But how does Helen effect the twins scene outside that should pop up at 1 a.m. on a Saturday?
It doesn't.
Well it doesent really matter, cause as soon i have to study a thread to see how a game works i'll lose my interest in it.
Hope you find anoher game.

Reactions: UncleVT

Krudulous

Apr 7, 2018
Have been playing around with this genre for a while and I have to say that this game is the most ridiculous of all I have played. Played it first through the second or third patch then figured I would wait a while so that i could get past this monotonous grind. Well that didnt seem to work. Came back to it and it is still as retarded as it was from the get go. The concept is good as are the renderings but the grind is just flat out stupid. Cant even get a good walkthrough without paying for it. LOL Its almost like extortion. Ill just wait till this one gets its act together. Wont pay for shit its not worth it

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
btw. i havent fucked helen
That's the issue, you changed your stats to something that mess with the triggers in the game, which is why I always recommend not doing it.
Your affection level with Helen should be 25 or 26 for the new content to trigger.
"Hope you find anoher game" yeah, thx, i already did. "acting lessons" and "melody" for example...works smooth af
Okay, have fun.

Reactions: UncleVT

trevmac789

Nov 5, 2017
I tried searching the thread and older posts indicated you can't burn time?

Has that been addressed, or do you just need to watch TV?

trevmac789

Nov 5, 2017
I love all the Network talk. So geeky. I handled some of the juniper switch/firewall configurations at my last job at a dating site.

OMG, appropriate subnet mask between two routers. You just went to near the top of my list of games.

It's like my job interviews the last week. Guy asked me what DNS was and I went on rather too long about Root servers and how lookups are done, and he said "you just needed to say it translates a name to an IP" x'D Reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Apu is taking the citizenship test and they ask him the cause for the civil war and he goes off into socio economic factors and the guy interrupts and says: "just answer slavery".

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
can someone give a save file at the end of v0.07.03 before the new update pls I lost my save file thanks

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Gotta say I admire Fasder's willingness to answer us so actively in here, it's been a show of patience and politeness without end, my hat's off for that Dev! :)

Now I've been frustrated about the grind and game mechanics at times as well, the boring repetition etc. but that doesn't excuse rude comments..

Other games might have free WT's provided by their Dev's, or other up-loaders, as soon as a new version is out, but Fasder has decided to keep his own behind a Patron wall and that's a fair enough decision, especially since he answers so many questions on this forum board to players who most likely never donated a dime to his game.
(Hope it's ok I use a male term, as I've got no idea of the Dev's gender).

Now instead of pestering him about it, maybe it's a better idea to place a request for a donator to post a copy of the recent WT? Just an idea...

It's not like the game is super complicated, certain triggers are needed for different stuff, the OP even gave us a freebee for the new version of a trigger that has to be made before anything else of the new stuff, an achievement needed to unlock the versions end part.

Exact values is needed for some triggers as well, which is why cheating is discouraged. Fasder has informed of this multiple times.

It's pretty strait forward for those who've read the info and tips within these pages. If you're stuck then try go outside the box of your usual daily routine with the MC. Keep note of what increase affection and keep grinding that till it doesn't give any more points, then something new should open up.
Also read what the NPCs tell ya, especially during a new scene, make a note if a time or day is mentioned.

Is the grind worth it? I would say the last part of the update is well worth it! It's a very long and hot scene, lasting a full weekend in-game.
Am pretty sure that those who've reached it forgot about the frustrating grind, well most would anyways.. that's how good it is :D

And to Fasder directly: It might be my ears, but those earlier mentioned ambient sounds, ceiling fan & refrigerator humming.. I had no clue when hearing it.. to me it sounded like a muffled flame thrower or fire extinguisher, lol, I actually thought someone used that outside, as I haven't been used to sounds within your game before.
"What the heck are they doing outside!?" was what ran through my mind (hope it brings a smile ;))
To be fair, I do have slightly damaged hearing with a light case of Tinnitus.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
It might be my ears, but those earlier mentioned ambient sounds, ceiling fan & refrigerator humming.. I had no clue when hearing it.. to me it sounded like a muffled flame thrower or fire extinguisher, lol, I actually thought someone used that outside, as I haven't been used to sounds within your game before.
Hmm, I can see how it could sound like a blow torch, but flamethrower? Maybe you're right that there's something wrong, it's a difficult thing to verify seeing as I can't hear what you hear, but I will look into it nonetheless.
To be fair, I do have slightly damaged hearing with a light case of Tinnitus.
Don't we all? ;)

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
tried to load your game save. but the save file does not show when I start the game
If I'm not mistaken, save files are stored in two places: the obvious visible one in the game version folder and in a "backup folder" hidden within your AppData folder.
The folder in AppData doesn't have a version name to it, as it's linked to game and not it's version, insuring that you wouldn't normally need to copy/paste saves from one version folder to another.

This could also mean.. and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you'd have to place the provided save file in the hidden AppData save folder and not the one in the game version folder?

Reactions: Fasder

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Lots of walls of text, sorry I haven't read them.
Just wanted to say thanks to @Fasder for the update.
I haven't finished the content yet, just having a snooze after paddling and running in the rain.
I have to admit at first I was getting a bit frustrated and then I started flicking some triggers and oh boy, what a ride.
And thanks for your continued input into this thread.

Reactions: UncleVT and Fasder

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, save files are stored in two places: the obvious visible one in the game version folder and in a "backup folder" hidden within your AppData folder.
The folder in AppData doesn't have a version name to it, as it's linked to game and not it's version, insuring that you wouldn't normally need to copy/paste saves from one version folder to another.

This could also mean.. and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you'd have to place the provided save file in the hidden AppData save folder and not the one in the game version folder?
thanks for info. got the game save file to work now

Reactions: DragonFire

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So, I got the required stats... I took the exam,, and... then what? Been like 2 weeks since the exam now.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes