Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
[

It's something I had in mind when I wrote the scenes initially. Which was fine then, you lost the job and some minor content. Not a huge deal. But after this start of Helen's storyline I can see how that could be a problem. I just forgot about it between the releases.

That is something I've been thinking about how to do in a good way. And was more or less just overlooked. I think I just figured out a good compromise.

It's more or less an alpha, there are issues and I will try to solve them as best I can between updates.
Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful!

Maybe a temporary walkthrough as you mentioned earlier, or a hint-list as you go through the early stages of the game? Haven't tried it yet because: hidden triggers. Those need to be done very well and be clearly communicated to the player to work, otherwise they 're annoying at best (imho) if you ever find out there were there in the first place.
Sounds like a nice concept tho from what I can tell so far :)
Fingers crossed on coding and finances in the near future.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Maybe a temporary walkthrough as you mentioned earlier, or a hint-list as you go through the early stages of the game? Haven't tried it yet because: hidden triggers. Those need to be done very well and be clearly communicated to the player to work, otherwise they 're annoying at best (imho) if you ever find out there were there in the first place.
Sounds like a nice concept tho from what I can tell so far :)
Fingers crossed on coding and finances in the near future.
I can see your point here, the concept I'm going for is that I want smaller repeatable scenes which increase stats, these stats can then trigger bigger scenes and new smaller scenes which will enable you to get to the next bigger scene and so forth. The logic is just not very obvious right now as there are only a handful of big scenes.

It's honestly a mess to try and keep all of it in my head right now so I have some work to do.

I currently have a walkthrough as a patreon reward. But I feel like a public wiki where I can add in the new scenes under each character and so forth, might be a better approach.

Coding is the part I enjoy the most, testing, not so much. ;)

U

User_215882

Nice. Gonna download and play seems interesting from what I see.

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
I can see your point here, the concept I'm going for is that I want smaller repeatable scenes which increase stats, these stats can then trigger bigger scenes and new smaller scenes which will enable you to get to the next bigger scene and so forth. The logic is just not very obvious right now as there are only a handful of big scenes.

It's honestly a mess to try and keep all of it in my head right now so I have some work to do.

I currently have a walkthrough as a patreon reward. But I feel like a public wiki where I can add in the new scenes under each character and so forth, might be a better approach.

Sounds good but be careful to not start too many fires at once :)
Stats driven open world dating sim sounds like a good diversion from the usual pure VN stuff RenPy is used for, also doesn't sound like it would be easy to implement. Just go on about your own pace and have a pay off for people spending their time on it (obviously adult scenes, 3-frame animations seem to be a good start from what I can tell). Taking the file size into account, that might be smt. for later updates. Come to think of it, animations can help with balloon boobs not looking that static as well.

As for the incest part I don't care personally, for language tho your English seems to be way beyond what most developers offer, so that 's a big plus from the get go. :cool:
Looks like I 'll have to give it a go in the upcoming days...

Lol, I can't stand coding, luckily enough I don't have to.
Happy coding then, and happy holidays :D

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Sounds good but be careful to not start too many fires at once :)
Stats driven open world dating sim sounds like a good diversion from the usual pure VN stuff RenPy is used for, also doesn't sound like it would be easy to implement. Just go on about your own pace and have a pay off for people spending their time on it (obviously adult scenes, 3-frame animations seem to be a good start from what I can tell). Taking the file size into account, that might be smt. for later updates. Come to think of it, animations can help with balloon boobs not looking that static as well.

As for the incest part I don't care personally, for language tho your English seems to be way beyond what most developers offer, so that 's a big plus from the get go. :cool:
Looks like I 'll have to give it a go in the upcoming days...

Lol, I can't stand coding, luckily enough I don't have to.
Happy coding then, and happy holidays :D
Yepp, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, keep it simple. This is pretty much the introduction to all the characters and so forth, so now I can branch a bit.

Yeaaa, I honestly started with Unity way back when but I just wasn't patient enough to learn it all. Ren'Py is pretty simple and fairly versatile so I just stuck with it. Sometimes you have to compromise a bit and write some ugly code though.

Yea there will be... Stuff..
Mm the stop motion thing was a bit of a test, I'm not completely satisfied with it, and it's a gigantic pain in the ass to pose if you want to make it look better.
Real animation though is not something I'm looking to try, if you are going to do that right I would need a hell of a lot more time.

Well incest is not everyone's cup of tea I guess. But I have had this idea of this story that I want told for quite some time, and I was never able to find it elsewhere. So making it myself seemed to be the only choice.
Thanks, I try!

Sounds good, feel free to PM if you have any thoughts. Hope you like it!

Happy Holidays!

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
[

It's something I had in mind when I wrote the scenes initially. Which was fine then, you lost the job and some minor content. Not a huge deal. But after this start of Helen's storyline I can see how that could be a problem. I just forgot about it between the releases.

That is something I've been thinking about how to do in a good way. And was more or less just overlooked. I think I just figured out a good compromise.

It's more or less an alpha, there are issues and I will try to solve them as best I can between updates.
Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful!
haha so the pics are in it but no way to trigger those events? TEASE!!! haha

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Yepp, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, keep it simple. This is pretty much the introduction to all the characters and so forth, so now I can branch a bit.
Not enough to hook people in early on since a lot is expected these days, but definitely the better way to go if you want it to succeed and aren't hard pressed for money. That you chose this approach anyhow earns you some kudos from people who read it, and you can laugh in the future when it becomes successful and people start calling you a money grabber ;o)

Yeaaa, I honestly started with Unity way back when but I just wasn't patient enough to learn it all. Ren'Py is pretty simple and fairly versatile so I just stuck with it. Sometimes you have to compromise a bit and write some ugly code though.
Yea there will be... Stuff..
Mm the stop motion thing was a bit of a test, I'm not completely satisfied with it, and it's a gigantic pain in the ass to pose if you want to make it look better.
Real animation though is not something I'm looking to try, if you are going to do that right I would need a hell of a lot more time.
Mhm, from what I gathered it 's a very time consuming nightmare if you 're not ocd about it. I don't think anyone expects full blown animations in RenPy; a few frames make it so much better tho and it 'll stand out amongst those that don't have any. Still, much more important to finish a solid structure for the mechanics as you otherwise don't have a game but another VN. All in good time...

Well incest is not everyone's cup of tea I guess. But I have had this idea of this story that I want told for quite some time, and I was never able to find it elsewhere. So making it myself seemed to be the only choice.
Oh, I don't hate incest content, I really don't mind one way or the other. At the end of the day attractive models are attractive and if the dialogue is fun there 's no reason to skip it. I think... Dreaming Of Dana? didn't handle it badly, but I played a pretty early build so I can't say how that turned out in the long run. Knock yourself out, especially if you have a good story in mind :)
Btw, there are ways to circumvent the patreon-problem (can't think of it from the top of my head) but you probably already know or someone here can easily point you towards it. The 'step'-stuff won't cut it I'm afraid *smirk*.

Sounds good, feel free to PM if you have any thoughts. Hope you like it!

Happy Holidays!
I 'll give it a shot soon, as for ideas and suggestions the posts in here should keep you busy enough as it is for a while :p

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Just want to mention that I think the font should be changed into something more normal. While it looks stylish, the letter "e" somewhat hurts my eyes. It's not super important, but for a VN game with a lot of reading involved, this would be a huge improvement for me.

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Is the Programming stat stuck at 91? I'm stuck there at the moment no matter what I do.

Also is there a way to know whether we've reached the end of things to do for the current version? So far I've done:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is that the end? Or am I missing some more things to do?

Last edited:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Is the Programming stat stuck at 91? I'm stuck there at the moment no matter what I do.

Also is there a way to know whether we've reached the end of things to do for the current version? So far I've done:

i dunno, but damn i obviously am, i only saw by looking thru pics that you get to bang helen and something about anal fisting jenny or jenna the one that works at the store i think.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
haha so the pics are in it but no way to trigger those events? TEASE!!! haha
All scenes which have renders can be played. But some have gating which can cause the player to miss them.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Just want to mention that I think the font should be changed into something more normal. While it looks stylish, the letter "e" somewhat hurts my eyes. It's not super important, but for a VN game with a lot of reading involved, this would be a huge improvement for me.
I had the same thought when I first tried it but got used to it pretty quickly. But I'll keep it in mind!

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017

There is no content associated with programming right now and the reason you're stuck is becuase I had to fix a bug that gave you the ability to level it up past 100 even if you are above it.
I'll have to look into a solution to the problem as it may very well be in the next version.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Not enough to hook people in early on since a lot is expected these days, but definitely the better way to go if you want it to succeed and aren't hard pressed for money. That you chose this approach anyhow earns you some kudos from people who read it, and you can laugh in the future when it becomes successful and people start calling you a money grabber ;o)

Mhm, from what I gathered it 's a very time consuming nightmare if you 're not ocd about it. I don't think anyone expects full blown animations in RenPy; a few frames make it so much better tho and it 'll stand out amongst those that don't have any. Still, much more important to finish a solid structure for the mechanics as you otherwise don't have a game but another VN. All in good time...

Oh, I don't hate incest content, I really don't mind one way or the other. At the end of the day attractive models are attractive and if the dialogue is fun there 's no reason to skip it. I think... Dreaming Of Dana? didn't handle it badly, but I played a pretty early build so I can't say how that turned out in the long run. Knock yourself out, especially if you have a good story in mind :)
Btw, there are ways to circumvent the patreon-problem (can't think of it from the top of my head) but you probably already know or someone here can easily point you towards it. The 'step'-stuff won't cut it I'm afraid *smirk*.

I 'll give it a shot soon, as for ideas and suggestions the posts in here should keep you busy enough as it is for a while :p
We'll see how it goes. If it works it works, if it doesnt it doesn't, but I'm glad people are mostly positive.

Yee and it feels a little excessive for a game with mostly still pictures, which Ren'Py is pretty much made for. Having full animations wouldn't be any problem in Ren'Py as far as I know. Assuming we are talking about the same thing I.E. creating animations in Daz then playing them in Ren'Py. Although I've not actually looked into it.

Yea Dreaming of Dana is pretty good. It was one of my inspirations.

I think I know what you mean by the "Patreon-problem" but I don't understand why it's a problem. I honestly feel really lost when it comes to Patreon.

No worries, I just go through the thread and add to my to-do list. And besides it's almost vacation, don't think I will be able to stay away from working completely though. :)

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes