Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I actually even lose energy without changing the location.
If you are using hte skipping function in Ren'Py this may happen, but it won't happen if you are not performing any action. If it is then that's very strange.

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
@Fasder Great game. Love the art, dialogue, pretty much everything. Will definitely follow this.
Quick suggestion: Being able to click directly on the characters faces on the right, and being transported to their location, could save some tedious navigating. This could be mended though, if all locations fitted the screen without the scrolling.
JustMy2¢

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@Fasder Great game. Love the art, dialogue, pretty much everything. Will definitely follow this.
Quick suggestion: Being able to click directly on the characters faces on the right, and being transported to their location, could save some tedious navigating. This could be mended though, if all locations fitted the screen without the scrolling.
JustMy2¢
Thanks I appreciate the compliment!

The reason the tracking works as it does it basically a compromise. The navigation bar can take a "foreground" option which bascally overlays an image ontop of another, but I spent quite a few hours trying to make it so that I can have several images display depending on a number of variables. This is not really possible as far as I'm able to tell(I might be wrong here I'm no god on Ren'Py). So in order to make something like that work is to overhaul the entire navigation system.
There is also another problem with what you are suggesting, which is "obscure content" which I have implemented in a few places. If you are blindly following the characters locations you may end up not finding the small bonuses. Following a location tracker blindly will also get old pretty quickly, at least from my experiance. So for now I won't make any changes, if I come up with something interesting that I am able to implement I will.
Fitting all the locations on the screen has been suggested but I'm afraid they would either be too small or it would clutter too much, originally I had it so that the home location was a transition point to the outside locations. But becuase you only fill up about half the screen horizontally there is a lot of just empy space and it looks a little awkward. A visual overhaul is something I've been tossing around in my head for a while and is likely to happen at some point.

Sorry for ranting but that's sort of the jist of it.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
No worries. Thanks for the explanation.

Holy shit. Is that so?!?! Now I HAVE to get the walkthrough :eek:

I see your point.
Well it's not anything I haven't seen be mentioned in the thread.
The walkthrough thing is something I have been debatign a lot about with myself. I just removed it from my $15 Patreon tier as I felt it wouldn't actually make sense to have it there.
I mentioned a wiki earlier and I like the idea of it.
I think a lot of things will become a lot clearer when I've gotten further into developing the game. Right now it's basically still an alpha or demo, not actually showing the whole picture.

Reactions: JR81

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Is the Programming stat stuck at 91? I'm stuck there at the moment no matter what I do.

Also is there a way to know whether we've reached the end of things to do for the current version? So far I've done:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is that the end? Or am I missing some more things to do?

there hid it behind a spoiler, but i need to know!! it's driving me nuts

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
yea finally got most of the missing things now, still nothing of one of the twins getting anal fisted haha i get the feeling that's something i get to see not do.
Yea it's a bit of fun bonus scene I added in. I don't think a lot of people have seen it in the game, but it's there!

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
hello to all and thank you for your work which is excellent I would like to know if anyone can tell me how much to climb in the heart to see the scenes
progra: 99
strenth: 40
inteligent: 30
agility: 1
energy: 50
cooking20

is there nothing

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
So how to access Sara masturbating and Jenny fisting scenes? I see the art is there.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
hello to all and thank you for your work which is excellent I would like to know if anyone can tell me how much to climb in the heart to see the scenes
progra: 99
strenth: 40
inteligent: 30
agility: 1
energy: 50
cooking20

is there nothing

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
You will be met by an empty store if you are sneaky (not too sneaky though) enough and the time is right.

These are also more "bonus" scenes than anythign else, which is why I prefer to be a little vague.
I think it's a pretty huge dilemma on how to balance this game. On one hand, I do like the idea of having vague game where players kinda have to find hidden bonus scenes that aren't obvious just following one set path. On the other hand though, I think it's pretty ridiculous that we have to be "sneaky but not too sneaky" which means Agility stats have to be exactly between X and Y because it doesn't make sense (as in, what exactly is the problem with being "too sneaky" logic-wise?)

I feel that stats having to be in certain range is problematic simply because you don't know what the range is and there is not quite a good logical reason as to why it has to be in that range. With the players being given the freedom to do whatever they want during the day, the factors to consider are becoming too large and people could miss scenes without necessarily making the wrong decisions.

I feel a minimum stat would work better, and that some scenes gated by previous scenes instead of stats. For example, let's say the sequence of scenes are: peep shower -> Sarah sleep scene -> Sarah masturbating scene. If I'm not mistaken, that sleep scene must be with heart between 15-24 or something like that. It's problematic because once you've missed it by having 25 heart, then it's gone forever. But if it's only minimum stat + previous scene requirement, what happened would be:
1. Peeping (10 strength + 10 agility requirement)
2. Sleep scene (minimum 15 heart + must already peep)
3. Masturbating scene (minimum 25 heart + must already see sleep scene)

This will allow someone who had too many hearts (let's say already at 40 for some reason) still be able to get all the scenes.

Then the bonus scenes could be something that only occurred in a specific (or random if you prefer) time/day with only minimum stat requirement without being tied to other scene requirements. So there's still an element of trying to find the hidden bonus scenes, but not something you'd miss forever if you already have too high stats.

This means the game could essentially have 2 different flows for each character. The first one is the "story" where scenes are sequenced from beginning to the end. The second one is the "bonus" independent scenes where it's just finding hidden scenes that don't affect the storyline.

P.S.: QoL improvement ideas would be to add a button to skip 1-hr (instead of having to go to living room and constantly spam watching TV), and to have a clearer way to inform players about current content/limit (example: an Achievement page)

Hope this makes sense. I honestly really like this game. I think the characters are interesting, the art is great, the gameplay is not frustrating to play. The idea is definitely there, it's just a matter of polishing it to make things even better. Keep up the good work!!

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I think it's a pretty huge dilemma on how to balance this game. On one hand, I do like the idea of having vague game where players kinda have to find hidden bonus scenes that aren't obvious just following one set path. On the other hand though, I think it's pretty ridiculous that we have to be "sneaky but not too sneaky" which means Agility stats have to be exactly between X and Y because it doesn't make sense (as in, what exactly is the problem with being "too sneaky" logic-wise?)

I feel that stats having to be in certain range is problematic simply because you don't know what the range is and there is not quite a good logical reason as to why it has to be in that range. With the players being given the freedom to do whatever they want during the day, the factors to consider are becoming too large and people could miss scenes without necessarily making the wrong decisions.

I feel a minimum stat would work better, and that some scenes gated by previous scenes instead of stats. For example, let's say the sequence of scenes are: peep shower -> Sarah sleep scene -> Sarah masturbating scene. If I'm not mistaken, that sleep scene must be with heart between 15-24 or something like that. It's problematic because once you've missed it by having 25 heart, then it's gone forever. But if it's only minimum stat + previous scene requirement, what happened would be:
1. Peeping (10 strength + 10 agility requirement)
2. Sleep scene (minimum 15 heart + must already peep)
3. Masturbating scene (minimum 25 heart + must already see sleep scene)

This will allow someone who had too many hearts (let's say already at 40 for some reason) still be able to get all the scenes.

Then the bonus scenes could be something that only occurred in a specific (or random if you prefer) time/day with only minimum stat requirement without being tied to other scene requirements. So there's still an element of trying to find the hidden bonus scenes, but not something you'd miss forever if you already have too high stats.

This means the game could essentially have 2 different flows for each character. The first one is the "story" where scenes are sequenced from beginning to the end. The second one is the "bonus" independent scenes where it's just finding hidden scenes that don't affect the storyline.

P.S.: QoL improvement ideas would be to add a button to skip 1-hr (instead of having to go to living room and constantly spam watching TV), and to have a clearer way to inform players about current content/limit (example: an Achievement page)

Hope this makes sense. I honestly really like this game. I think the characters are interesting, the art is great, the gameplay is not frustrating to play. The idea is definitely there, it's just a matter of polishing it to make things even better. Keep up the good work!!
So I've been trying to figure out a way to explain how and why these things are like they are, but you touch on too many points in which I would have to write a full report on to explain. So I'll try to keep this brief.
Having a minimum stat doesn't work for a bonus scene, it does with a storyline. The reason I can't just say you need 5 affection for a bonus scene is that it may not be discovered until much later in the game. This could potentially be really odd depending on where you are in the story.

Then there is also the factor of me not having a full story already written, sometimes I want to expand on a scene and just overlook how that affects other scenes and so forth. This causes problem which I didn't catch in testing and then I fix them after they are reported.

I have already fixed a few of the problems which people have reported in the thread, "Watch her sleep" is among them.

There's a reason why there is no skip 1h button. I won't go into any details but it was something I considered early in development. It might happen in the future, but for now it stays the way it is. An achievement page would probably be possible but it's nothing I have any plans for making. Some kind of wiki or document detailing scenes is more likely to happen.

Sorry I just don't know how to explain things more clearly I've re-written this post like six times now and my head feels kinda sluggish. I hope it cleared some stuff up.

I'm glad you liked the game!

Edit: Oh and there is no logic to being too sneaky, it's just the easiest way to program.

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
The reason I can't just say you need 5 affection for a bonus scene is that it may not be discovered until much later in the game. This could potentially be really odd depending on where you are in the story.
It's the main reason why I suggested the bonus scenes to be independent, as in nothing to do with the storyline with the girl. That way it could stay relevant no matter what point you're at in the story. However, if it is too inconvenient to do, I can definitely understand why you chose to do what you do.

If the requirement stays as certain range of stats, I think the solution is simply to give more hint in the game for the players to realize that there might be a bonus scene somewhere to be found. Otherwise we might end up blindly trying random things out to find something that might not even exist.

I think my main concern is simply about clarity. For episodic game like this, I think it's very important to have clarity about what's in and what's not in the game.

Sorry I just don't know how to explain things more clearly I've re-written this post like six times now and my head feels kinda sluggish. I hope it cleared some stuff up.
Don't worry too much, I get what you're trying to say and appreciate your response.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
It's the main reason why I suggested the bonus scenes to be independent, as in nothing to do with the storyline with the girl. That way it could stay relevant no matter what point you're at in the story. However, if it is too inconvenient to do, I can definitely understand why you chose to do what you do.

If the requirement stays as certain range of stats, I think the solution is simply to give more hint in the game for the players to realize that there might be a bonus scene somewhere to be found. Otherwise we might end up blindly trying random things out to find something that might not even exist.

I think my main concern is simply about clarity. For episodic game like this, I think it's very important to have clarity about what's in and what's not in the game.

Don't worry too much, I get what you're trying to say and appreciate your response.
It's still problematic, you want the scene to be interesting enough to feel like a reward.

Yes I can see how you might want to know that the scene exists. But the perks of having a community around a game will alleviate this somewhat. And I think I mentioned that I plan on doing some kind of writeup on what is in the game, be it a wiki or something else.

The game is not meant to be episodic, I don't think I said so either. What I'm doing is making a game that I want to play. I get that it may seem episodic but there is content in the game that's deliberatly grindy to get to in order to sync it up better with future content. It's not a finished episode or anything like that.

Cool, I have a hard time expressing my thoughts sometimes, this is one of them. :)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
It's still problematic, you want the scene to be interesting enough to feel like a reward.
What I had in mind is basically:
+ Story is about the relationship between MC and Girl (MC played active role in here because he's involved)
+ Bonus is learning about the girl more, independent to the story (MC is passive here because it's about the girl)

So even if you're already intimate with a girl, you can still learn about things that she didn't openly show to you. Just like even if you're married, you might still have secrets that you don't feel comfortable sharing to your partner.

However, I am not here to force my idea to you. You're the developer and you're free to make the game with your own vision of how it should be like. I'm just here to go along and enjoy the ride.

Also, what I meant with episodic is more of episodic in release which means there are a lot of unfinished parts. The notes about how buying sex toy is currently useless is something that is what I want to see when it comes to clarity. I don't expect full-on walkthrough, but at the same time, it is not fun to blindly search for things that might not exist. A wiki as mentioned would be great, but I feel that a simple in-game note of something like "you've reach the end of this story for current version" would still be great.

The other drawback of not knowing the end of current version is that you might accidentally have too high stats (because you grind thinking you'd need higher stats while trying to find something new but apparently not there) and then suddenly on the next version, you already have high stats enough to unlock everything in one go. This can somewhat ruin the pacing of the game, and simply lock people out of those scenes that require stat to be in certain range. A simple solution to this is to cap stats on each version. This will also give a soft warning to players that they've reached the end of current version without actually telling them so in writing.

Once again though, I'm happy enough with what we have right now. Just tossing around some ideas out there in case any of them make any sense to you. Cheers and I'm looking forward to next version.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes