4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
I for one preferred the original hair for her. Noticed the answer to "why?" was answered here, after I had asked the same question myself on Patreon :rolleyes:
But I sort of understand the reasoning behind changing it. I guess we better get used to this new 'style'.

I truly love this VN. Not gonna lie, there's many great VN's to be found. Half of them (or at least that's how I feel) are about the usual horsedicked MC, that goes to college, and all the girls cant wait to jump on his dick. Often without much of a buildup, if at all.
Now this gem of a VN might get the "blueballed" label by many. So what. Again, there's tons of VN's available that gives you 'sexscenes' right off the bat.
At the end of the day, we all have our preferences. Some just want to see 'their' MC bang tons of girls, build a nice big harem.
And some 'players' enjoy a good (somewhat) realistic buildup. (there's a limit to how much patience people have though)

Also as for the ex-wife, Luisa (IIRC?) ... "ladies" like her should be thrown away somewhere. HOWEVER, I honestly wouldnt mind if she was around a bit more in the game/novel. Maybe a breakup-fuck? lol. Like..one for the road? Hatefuck? I dunno. I just kinda found her to look...pretty. (personally I prefer her looks over Ava)
Unfortunately she IS a bitch. I would still do her though, she can be a sidepiece.
But personally I dont see how one would spin the story so *that* happens. But then again, I'm not a writer so wtf do I know ;)
Perhaps they get dirty in one of those flashbacks that several VN's like doing. That, or a "dream". Those two 'tactics' seems to be the go-to if the present story doesnt have anything that leads to sexscenes for a while. (I particular hate the 'dream' excuse to include sexscenes...flashbacks I can accept, sometimes)
Might never get to see some action with Luisa - other than that point in the beginning that more or less started it all. But hey, I'm allowed to wish and dream, right?
Then again, this isnt a VN that throws sexscenes at you, at least not yet.

And no I'm not really a fan of so-called "blueballing". But so far, I dont feel it's fair to accuse this VN of just that. Not yet anyway.
Maybe we'll get some nudity, I cant even remember if we've seen a bare boob in the game yet? We might've, I cant remember.
I'm in for the long haul with this VN though.
As someone that very rarely throws money at Patreon/SS , this is one of only 2 (atm) VNs I 'financially' support.

And lastly, I dont think the grammar/translation is all that bad. I do remember it being way worse up until a couple of episodes ago. It was in EP4 I think I started to realize that suddenly it was easier to follow the dialogues. So wether its a hired translator, or our good kvitravn that got better at it I dunno. It's much better now than it used to be. Not perfect. But much better.

oof, this turned more into a review/novel than a quick little comment. Oops :oops:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Really needs a black tinted semi-transparent textbox. It is so hard to read white text against so many white backgrounds. Also, lot of Engrish, syntax and contextual errors, also lot of wrong name displayed for who is actually speaking. I like that there is a slow build element to the game but with the dialogue so jumbled, it is tough to follow sometimes.

Reactions: Grelk

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I understand, but it was fully out of avoiding technical nuisances, the Cong hair for G8f is quite non versatile and has a strange attachment to her shoulders (especially left one), so when posing a "Looking back" or just generally any non standard pose involving the neck, the hair gets all warped, which looks very bad, making me compromise with the whole scene itself.
That's what I'm trying to avoid, a compromise.
But yes, I totally get it.
I shall mourn her greatly :cry:

Dec 9, 2020
Great game so far, kinda like Hillside, not a lot of sex, but good amount of teasing and story.
Meeting with Luisa seemed short and I thought they would have had a bigger discussion about what happened, and why she drifted. I'd guess she was overcome with emotion of seeing the MC and daughter move on so fast? Doesn't seem like proper closure really without an explanation, but maybe that will come further down the line.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I can't help but feel that the final scene in the café with Luisa's was kinda unsatisfying. The PC and Xiomara were probably supposed to have some form of revenge there by being antagonistic towards her and I can see how, from the perspective of the characters, it makes sense that they probably just want to move on. But, from the perspective of the player, I feel like I've been left hanging, because Luisa didn't get a chance to talk.
The way Luisa got introduced into the story was almost like an enigma, always with her face obscured. It's difficult to tell what she's about, because on the one hand she's obviously the bad gal for cheating on her husband, but on the other hand the PC's memories of her are nice and romantic and he obviously misses her. The only explanation we are offered for why she would cheat is that she grew distant, because she prioritised her job, but is that really enough?
It's weird how supposedly the only reason for the affair is that Luisa doesn't spend enough time at home with her family, but at home in the marital bed is exactly where she's having this affair. It's reiterated a few times that Xiomara isn't losing her mother in the divorce, but if Luisa planned ahead that at home would be the best place to have sex, because her family would be away for her daughter's graduation, then it's like she didn't only cheat on her husband, but on her daughter aswell.
Then Luisa gets her big reveal in EP5 and she doesn't come across as vindictive or a cunning cheater at all. It looks more like there's good reason for why the PC has nice memories of her. But even though we now know what her face looks like, she's not any less of an enigma. What does she want? Why did she visit unannounced? Why did she want to see the PC so urgently? Did she miss him? Does she have something to say? Is she regretful?
And then, as suddenly as she appeared, she's gone again. "I hope we all meet again, under better circumstances..." is what she says. That sounds a lot like a farewell and she also leaves her wedding ring. If she had something to say, I'd thought that this would have been the opportunity. What better circumstances could there be? Is she going to wait for their forgiveness without asking for it first? She doesn't even ask her daughter for forgiveness? Xiomara is obviously mad at her, but what about her own feelings? Doesn't she miss her daughter?
The PC and Xiomara probably don't care one way or another, if Luisa had something to say. They are probably happy to be rid of her. But what are we players supposed to believe? We never got to know Luisa, so we have nothing to go by to read her intentions and the PC doesn't help us out with inner monologue in that regard. Xiomara resented Luisa for prioritizing her job above her family even before she cheated. But if the marriage was otherwise going well, why did this never come up for discussion before it was too late? Luisa doesn't come across as a bad person at all, which only makes me want to know why she cheated even more.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Great game so far, kinda like Hillside, not a lot of sex, but good amount of teasing and story.
Meeting with Luisa seemed short and I thought they would have had a bigger discussion about what happened, and why she drifted. I'd guess she was overcome with emotion of seeing the MC and daughter move on so fast? Doesn't seem like proper closure really without an explanation, but maybe that will come further down the line.

How dare you comparade this Vn to Hillshit.....
Joking aside(except about hillside being shit) i know it's all about taste don't kill me lol.

Kvitravn Dev can i just tell i prefered the older hair too :ROFLMAO: ?
But I do understand the reasoning behind it so np.

I'm actually really liking the game, love xio and ava and I like the vn itself. Just for not being a creepy pervert midget mc is already a big plus.
I liked Luisa model, she is sexy but a cheater is something I can't forgive so I'm glad for not having a simp mc running to the cheater arms in seconds like the usual in vn. In a way i would love some sexy times with her model in other way the farther my mc is away from her the better because with her being a cheater i couldn't let my mc forgive her.
With Luisa you made me want that the reason for their break isnted of her cheating on him was something else so that i could enjoy her model but in the same way you make me want to not even be in the same block as her because she cheated, so GJ on that.

Xio reactions to her mom was on point, i was like " yeah, tell that bitch how it is, how she fucked up, make her feel at least half bad you and mc felt". Usually vn's don't let us tell what we would really like to say so i felt it as a breeze of fresh air reading that.

Tough i don't think it's the last time we will see her since I don't really felt or see a closure in the scene with her.
Another nice point was how you could see Luisa was hurt by the words and that she seems to realize the shit she as done, in the rare times you can dump someone with a in game reason usually devs tend to downplay it by just making the other character say ok smile face and let's go to next scene but not in this game here you can actually get the feelings, it isn't downplayed.

About the blue balling i will say I'm NOT a fan of blue balling it needs to have a middle ground but in this game saying there is blue balling in unfair, dunno if we ever gonna have a chance for example with xio friend but I think the main focus is or always will be xio and ava so we can't expect sex after 2or3 updates and even with all the mc ava story i actually prefer them to go at a slower pace then just straight fuck. They have story together yeah but we don't know it so i think the rekindle of their romance will be better while we are getting to know more their past and seeing them rekindle. Of course I don't want to be blue balled long but the story feels right the way it is and the game is really in early stage yet
Honestly I'm hoping for a great wholesome romance with xio and ava.
Xio and ava are very good in both ways(inside/outside) honestly i loved both of them.
The way the story is flowing I'm liking it too.
Love to see the interactions of the mc with xio and ava .

All in all I'm really liking your game Kvi so keep the good work man

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I can't help but feel that the final scene in the café with Luisa's was kinda unsatisfying. The PC and Xiomara were probably supposed to have some form of revenge there by being antagonistic towards her and I can see how, from the perspective of the characters, it makes sense that they probably just want to move on. But, from the perspective of the player, I feel like I've been left hanging, because Luisa didn't get a chance to talk.
The way Luisa got introduced into the story was almost like an enigma, always with her face obscured. It's difficult to tell what she's about, because on the one hand she's obviously the bad gal for cheating on her husband, but on the other hand the PC's memories of her are nice and romantic and he obviously misses her. The only explanation we are offered for why she would cheat is that she grew distant, because she prioritised her job, but is that really enough?
It's weird how supposedly the only reason for the affair is that Luisa doesn't spend enough time at home with her family, but at home in the marital bed is exactly where she's having this affair. It's reiterated a few times that Xiomara isn't losing her mother in the divorce, but if Luisa planned ahead that at home would be the best place to have sex, because her family would be away for her daughter's graduation, then it's like she didn't only cheat on her husband, but on her daughter aswell.
Then Luisa gets her big reveal in EP5 and she doesn't come across as vindictive or a cunning cheater at all. It looks more like there's good reason for why the PC has nice memories of her. But even though we now know what her face looks like, she's not any less of an enigma. What does she want? Why did she visit unannounced? Why did she want to see the PC so urgently? Did she miss him? Does she have something to say? Is she regretful?
And then, as suddenly as she appeared, she's gone again. "I hope we all meet again, under better circumstances..." is what she says. That sounds a lot like a farewell and she also leaves her wedding ring. If she had something to say, I'd thought that this would have been the opportunity. What better circumstances could there be? Is she going to wait for their forgiveness without asking for it first? She doesn't even ask her daughter for forgiveness? Xiomara is obviously mad at her, but what about her own feelings? Doesn't she miss her daughter?
The PC and Xiomara probably don't care one way or another, if Luisa had something to say. They are probably happy to be rid of her. But what are we players supposed to believe? We never got to know Luisa, so we have nothing to go by to read her intentions and the PC doesn't help us out with inner monologue in that regard. Xiomara resented Luisa for prioritizing her job above her family even before she cheated. But if the marriage was otherwise going well, why did this never come up for discussion before it was too late? Luisa doesn't come across as a bad person at all, which only makes me want to know why she cheated even more.
I agree that as a spectator you want to have the information, but seen from the point of view of the person telling the story, it is almost strange to have even given the possibility of seeing each other again.
With the little we know about the MC, we can assume that he did what was humanly possible not to get to where they got to (I don't think someone like him would give up the romantic struggle with the love of his life).
As for Xiamara, it's even harder, not only did she feel her mother was leaving her life, but also her "beloved" father, and finally a double blow that is deadly, her mother didn't go to her graduation because she slept with someone. And even worse, for someone with unresolved Elektra syndrome, to see that her role model (the woman she should look like to get a man like her father) is everything she really doesn't have to be, that breakup is very painful, two very big psychological blows.
Now, we are in a totally biased story, the MC and Xiomara can only "hate" Luisa, so the story is fine to follow that line, because we accompany the MC in this, what I don't understand at all is Luisa, why ask for an appointment where she won't say anything? wasn't it enough with the letters? she needed to see the hate in the MC's eyes? or the irruption of Xiomara's hate was too much for her?
Maybe we will know with time, or maybe not, maybe we are left with this thorn in our side, because the way the story develops, neither the MC nor Xiomara need to know more than what they know....

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Man what a great update, i really loved the scene where Xiomara tells Luisa what she could have had, and implies it was only her fault for the situation she is in, it was such a greatly written scene. I haven't played a game that addresses the aftermath of cheating this good and satisfactorily and i am very glad the Dev did not make her sympathetic to the players by giving a reason for her cheating and handled her the way they did without compromise unlike some other games. Hopefully MC got closure and finally gives attention to the girls who deserve it like the therapist :BootyTime: and Luisa moves on with her cheating partner or partners? or passed around? Who cares :KEK:

except about hillside being shit
I 100% stand with you the writing and characters of this game are waaaaay better and not just overly used tropes :LUL:

Last edited:

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
PC's memories of her are nice and romantic and he obviously misses her
On contrary, the memories of her always ends as nightmare or bad feelings for the MC, the only one nice and romantic in the memories is the MC, and i don't know where you got the feeling that the MC misses her and if any he missed those things with her even before she cheated on him, its been reiterated many times that he is happy now and finally felt like he got the family he wanted back. The way i interpret the memories is MC's just trying to move on, not only from the bad experiences but also from good experiences with her so he could fully be with Ava and Xiomara. [Also we as a player can see MC tried his best to save his marriage and he was not in the wrong]

The only explanation we are offered for why she would cheat is that she grew distant, because she prioritised her job, but is that really enough?
Again, to look back in the game when she says "could've atleast heard me out" the MC replies "could've spoken up earlier"(Best line in the game btw), so whatever reason she may give doesn't matter since ultimately she broke her vows, even during therapy MC says whatever the reason might be it must be irrational. So it doesn't matter what the reason for her cheating, MC(or me as a player) doesn't care. She is just a cheater who broke the family and there is no redemption for her with MC and her daughter no matter how much she regrets especially when Ava became everything they ever wanted from her.

And how can you say she is not Vindictive or cunning, from what little we know about her she cheated on her daughter's graduation day in their own home by sending them both out to buy gifts with money she gave, and for however long or many times its been happening. Just because she is now sad with regret doesn't make her any good or less of a conniving cheating whore. If Ava had gone full lawyer with the evidence she had and made her bankrupt, i bet she would be vindictive too if you ask me she got off easy. And the whole purpose of this arc is not getting to "know" Luisa or understanding why their marriage failed the game never tried to do this in the first place, but just to close her chapter once and for all so MC can make new memories :)

Atleast this was my interpretation about the story and i am glad the Dev handled the aftermath of the cheating the way they did by not making her sympathetic to the players no matter however THICC she looks :BootyTime:.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I think Luisa peaced out of the meeting earlier than she planned because Xio showed up and that wasn't planned, then she absolutely shit all over her by telling her how much better off they are without her. It looked like she got flustered and chose to flee instead of carry on with any sort of conversation/manipulation. Pretty interested to see what the MC does with the ring, hopefully he chucks it into the sea or some shit.

To be honest I think the meeting was a bit more tame than I was expecting, the MC didn't even get to call her a cunt. :cry:

Edit:
The player knows enough to know that Louisa is a manipulative whore that regardless of intention or reasoning isn't worth our time though. Look at how the game started... She skipped her daughters graduation and then talked Xio and MC into going shopping as a "gift" to make up for not being there so she could get dicked down in the MC's bed. If Xio wasn't so fucking bummed about her mom not making it to her graduation and went shopping we wouldn't have even found out about her cheating. When the divorce papers are filed she tries to argue and ends up getting shut down real quick by Ava. Louisa is NOT a good person, regardless of the memories MC has I'm almost willing to bet it ain't the first time she's had another man in her home while the MC and Xio are away.

Could the conversation have gone on longer? Sure but again like I said earlier I think she realized her chance to manipulate the MC and make him feel bad for how shit turned out (like she tried to do before when she said "You could've let me explain") was out the window when Xio showed up out of nowhere and started ripping into her about how much better off they are with Ava. Personally I hope once MC gets rid of the ring that brings them all closure so we can get on to banging Ava and Xio because they both need to be knocked up real quick. The asian chick too, she's way too cute for the MC to not pursue only with Ava and Xio's blessings of course.

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
and i don't know where you got the feeling that the MC misses her and if any he missed those things with her even before she cheated on him, its been reiterated many times that he is happy now and finally felt like he got the family he wanted back.
Without Luisa there wouldn't be a family, because Xiomara is her child. From what he tells the therapist the PC was always close to Xiomara, so the only thing missing in the family was the wife. Even if Ava will now fulfill the role of the wife, she didn't do so before and there was a time, when the PC preferred Luisa and distanced himself from Ava to the point that he had to realize he missed her, but only after spending time with her again.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Ava can only provide a surrogate family, becaue her and the PC have a romantic history, too. But the family he's been missing is the one he established with Luisa.
She is just a cheater who broke the family and there is no redemption for her with MC and her daughter no matter how much she regrets especially when Ava became everything they ever wanted from her.
It's not about redemption for Luisa with the PC. That ship has sailed anyway, because the PC is already moving on with Ava and Xiomara. The only thing left to do for Luisa is acknowledge what she did wrong before moving on herself.
It's about how it's unsatisfying from the player's perspective that she's "just a cheater" and nothing more. Cheating is what cheaters do and she is one, so she did it, why should we care? That'd be like crying about the death of a character we never knew.
If there's nothing more to her, then there's not really a reason for her to still be in the story, but only now is the first time we get to see her face.
And how can you say she is not Vindictive or cunning
I didn't say whether she is vindictive or cunning, I said she doesn't come across as such. Other than the cheating scene itself, there were several points in the story, where she could've been made out to be the absolute villain. But she wasn't. Even the nightmares the PC has about her are not about how bad she is, but about the PC's own bad conscience about moving on too quickly and yikesing his daughter.
And the whole purpose of this arc is not getting to "know" Luisa or understanding why their marriage failed the game never tried to do this in the first place, but just to close her chapter once and for all so MC can make new memories :)
Weirdly enough her chapter got reopened only just now in ep5, when she reappeared. But then she just peaces out again without saying anything or any progression for any of the characters involved.
Atleast this was my interpretation about the story and i am glad the Dev handled the aftermath of the cheating the way they did by not making her sympathetic to the players no matter however THICC she looks :BootyTime:.
She doesn't have to be made sympathetic, but as it stands now she's a character devoid of emotions or motivations. Yeah, she didn't like getting dunked on by Xiomara, but Xiomara could've had more ammo against her, if she wasn't just a random woman who happens to cheat.
This also cut the whole deal about closing her chapter short. The PC didn't marry a cheater. He was in love with her before, which is why cheating is bad in the first place. But to be a character that was once loved, Luisa has to be loveable in a way, so we players can relate. She has to have some qualities, good or bad.
As a player I'm not going to lose sleep over a fictional character getting cheated on. I care more about compelling character arcs. So I'm asking myself, why Luisa got her big reveal now, but then nothing really happened with that.

Last edited:

Justbrian74

Jul 1, 2020
I enjoy this story very much. The main characters feel flushed out and real. Like many, I feel we didn't get what we should have out of the meeting with Louisa. However, the point that there wasn't much Louisa could have said and likely would have been manipulating is valid. Still feel a bit off when reading the translations, but not so much that it breaks the immersion. As someone mentioned, the white text on white background is hard to read at times and that would be something the really does need fixing.
Also, can they stop accusing each other of smelling bad everyday? I'm surprised that hasn't become a therapy session discussion.
All in All, I am very much looking forward to the next update.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I absolutely love that story, you brighten my day !!
For once we have an "adult" story and not the tropes of some thirsty teenager in a school !!
I love how the models for Ava and Xiomara are not the usual DAZ bimbos but real women and still so sexy and hot.
Sometimes the dialogues are not so easy to understand because the translation is a bit clumsy but we can feel that in the original language it was really good. Translating a typical expression from a language to another is not an easy task, making a word for word is wrong and finding a similar expression wich will lead to the same feeling is really hard.
I understand it because my first language is french and sometimes it's difficult to translate something in english without loosing the deep meaning of it.
But as french is quite close to spanish in many ways and because i have learnt latin at school i could quite easily understand and sometime even guess what it could have been in spanish. So something that looks weird in english once translated back in spanish gets more sense for me. And my daughter who is 21 is learning spanish so sometimes i can train with her!
And about the sex, really i don't care much about it in this game, it doesn't need it, even if i have some wildest dreams about Ava and Xiomara. Sometimes the imagination is much better than the real thing. My father told me once that when you have a date, the best moment is when you are climbing the staircase and imagine the things that could happen!

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Even the nightmares the PC has about her are not about how bad she is, but about the PC's own bad conscience about moving on too quickly and yikesing his daughter.
IDK the way i see the nightmare is MC feeling like a fool since he held onto their marriage so long when clearly she did not and blaming himself for loving her and sacrificing for her. And the daughter nightmare is clearly due to his fatherly instincts not because of moving on from Luisa. I think the reason for his nightmares is him not moving on, not because he moved on fast.

so we players can relate. She has to have some qualities, good or bad.
I get what you are saying really, but i really have no complaints the way how Luisa was handled even if this closes her chapter completely. I know we players would want to see the whole picture to gain insight about Luisa and why she did what she did and who was she before all this happened, I personally don't need to know the whole story/arc of Luisa since i am content with what is shown of her and with what impact/aftermath she had on MC's life i know she is bad for him and planning to send out both her husband and daughter out of the house so she could bone someone is enough for me to know what type of person she is, so i don't really care about her good qualities or motivation and whether she moves on or suffers.

And even if we delve into her past in further chapters, all it does is making the MC remember her which is counterproductive to the whole Healing/moving on narrative. Maybe a side story or prequel may work to flesh out Luisa but in the main game(where we follow the MC) i think its redundant especially if she is not a LI (Which i pray she is not)Cause imo the purpose of her appearance in this chapter is to bring closure to MC which she fulfils, it doesn't matter if she gets closure or what her story is. And not every character arc must be fleshed out fully to tell a compelling narrative, I personally liked that the story didn't waste much time on her as she only keeps reminding MC(and us players) that she cheated on us which impedes the whole healing/moving on progress. But i have a feeling this is not the last time we see her (I really wish it was) so i think we could only wait and see how the story/characters progresses further.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes