4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
:unsure: I really would like to enjoy this game ... but unfortunately part of the text in game in spanish make me unable to understand the meaning of a lot of these dialogues/thoughts because I don't know spanish at all and because of this I don't really know what is going on sometimes in this game and unfortunately I don't like playing games when I can't understand the whole game namely the whole plot, dialogues, thoughts of the MC and others characters in the game.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Now that I have finished the current revision, I must say that I love the story the dev is trying to tell, even if it is a slog to get through(with the syntax and Engrish, although it seems like it got better as we went along). I have been there, in a certain light. I was married for 10 years and although my ex did not cheat physically, she was on that path and as soon as we were legally separated(90 days separation required for a no-fault divorce in my state), she jumped on that dude who had been wooing her(she came to regret it, as he was an asshole and I refused to take her back after he treated her like shit. I tried to treat her like an angel for the first 8 years of the marriage until I gave up on not getting it reciprocated). I did not have a sister or daughter to lean on after it was over though. Instead, I bought a PS1(this was in 2002) with two games, Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy 7(my first FF game, since played all the numbered ones except the MMO titles). Others have their reasons for loving FF7, mine are because it helped me get through a rough patch.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Mara really fucked her mom up in the last update huh, making it clear that she's happy with her dad and Ava as a family and not to mention telling her that Ava is a better mom to her than she was/is. I feel for Luisa to some extent, must be hard knowing your family don't give that much of a fuck if you're gone or not, but hell she only has herself to blame, she fucked up and did so on (up to this point) the most important day of her daughter's life.

That said this VN does feel very kinetic now, or I guess it always was but was masked with the Prince/King choices. Usually I hate forced Lis but I don't mind Xio or Ava so I'm cool with that but I hope when it comes to other Lis(If there is) we'll get an option to reject or persue. Especially if Luisa is still in the run.

Last edited:

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Nice game, really enjoy the multitude of intimate moments from many of the scenes, reminds me of Katherine scenes from Deliverance.
ps im on team auntie.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kvitravn Dev

Ano00

Jun 23, 2018
It seams like a very good game with big potential,very nice storyline,good characters....very little content until now but that is not the problem the music and story gets u through game smoothley enough so u dont get bored.....but the downside of this in my opinion is that until this version u have kinda 0 control over your pick choices whatever u pick it gets u kinda to same result...and it feals like some characters just get throwed at you even if u dont want,some 0 control again in interactions....if that gets fixed so the story let u make your own choices this game have a big time :)

Galaxy022

Feb 8, 2019
Game keeps crashing on me because of a missing music file.

Update: Also missing a .mp3 file >.>

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Mara really fucked her mom up in the last update huh, making it clear that she's happy with her dad and Ava as a family and not to mention telling her that Ava is a better mom to her than she was/is. I feel for Luisa to some extent, must be hard knowing your family don't give that much of a fuck if you're gone or not, but hell she only has herself to blame, she fucked up and did so on (up to this point) the most important day of her daughter's life.

That said this VN does feel very kinetic now, or I guess it always was but was masked with the Prince/King choices. Usually I hate forced Lis but I don't mind Xio or Ava so I'm cool with that but I hope when it comes to other Lis(If there is) we'll get an option to reject or persue. Especially if Luisa is still in the run.
Mara is a bit naive and still rather young. She walked in on her Mom getting pounded by some random man, with her beloved dad about to enter their home. The intensity and depth of her reaction perfectly fits her character. She still cares about her mom, but the hurt and the rage that she feels for herself and even more for her dad are going need a lot of time to diminish.

Cephsus

Apr 8, 2022
Very sweet game. The build up is on point, personally favor of mine. Just a shame the update ended xD.

Small con. The guy is way to pale almost sickly looking, consider adding abit of color to the MC. I dont speak spanish tho i can gues some of it, but other then that im just shrugging it off as it goes (hope im not missing anything!).

I was almost expecting a full game with it being (3gb), most of these game never exceed 4gb. So that was surprising. Hope you dont burn out before finishing the game ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kvitravn Dev

rob7278

Jan 22, 2020
I am really interested to see where the arc for Louisa goes. I just can't see this Cafe meeting being final closure. The Dev has been sprinkling Louisa in throughout - first she called the MC, then she showed up at Ava's house, then she was going to sit at 'their' Cafe for 3 hours per day for 3 days waiting to talk to the MC.
The Dev is clearly trying to humanize her, at least somewhat. If Louisa was intended to just be a cold hearted cheating bitch, then I feel like she would have just said - good riddance, you were a shitty husband and I didn't love you anymore anyway.
Louisa is intriguing - she isn't coming across as extremely remorseful and broken hearted that her marriage is over. But she also isn't acting like she could care less either. The vibe i am getting is - she seems more bothered that the MC has just moved on without giving her a second thought. It's also interesting that Louisa has made numerous attempts to contact the MC, but (as far as we know) she hasn't really made any effort to contact or explain herself to Xio.
My guess, assuming Louisa remains a part of the story, is her explanation will be something like - I got wrapped up in my career, her and the MC started to drift apart, she started to feel lonely and since the MC was acting indifferent to her she ended up seeking affection from her boss/co-worker/yoga instructor/the plumber/etc. I am not sympathetic to Louisa, but I will say that her character arc has piqued my interest and I hope we do get to hear her explanation for why she cheated.

It will also be interesting to see if the Dev will allow the MC to develop relationships with both his sister and daughter, or if we will be forced to choose one or the other.

I know some have commented on the lack of sex scenes to this point. This VN is centered around potential incestuous relationships with the MC's daughter and his sister. I feel like those types of relationships would be very slow developing (if you are trying to make them come across as being more romantic). So for me the pacing feels more authentic.

And my final thought - I feel like you guys are being a bit harsh regarding Hillside. I agree that it isn't a masterpiece by any means, but I am still enjoying (although less and less with each update).

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
It would really help the Renders to go over it with a AI Denoiser/Upscaler to remove all the noise.

Before
almost2.png
After
almost2-standard-scale-2_00x.png

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
This is a Harem (lite) game, so most likely we will be able to get both.
I'm sort of hoping the Harem (lite) means there aren't going to be 20 something women the MC can get with but we do get to be with Ava, Xiomara, her friend, and the therapist. I'm probably just greedy though lol

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I'm sort of hoping the Harem (lite) means there aren't going to be 20 something women the MC can get with but we do get to be with Ava, Xiomara, her friend, and the therapist. I'm probably just greedy though lol
Yeah, I am not sure what lite would mean for sure. I would say those 4 at most (unless we get introduced to another) and 2 at bare minimum, but I think those 4 would be a good size for this game.

Reactions: botc76 and JonTommy

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Yeah, I am not sure what lite would mean for sure. I would say those 4 at most (unless we get introduced to another) and 2 at bare minimum, but I think those 4 would be a good size for this game.
Agreed, I don't think any more LI's need to be introduced. I'd be fine with just Ava and Xio as well don't get me wrong they are awesome but the models for the therapist (sorry I really can't remember her name) and Xio's friend are both good, and the friend is a virgin which I'm all for.

I'm just looking forward to seeing where the game goes.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
IDK how to judge this game.
The two LIs are very much to my liking, both with quite thicc asses and thighs, but I mean, they are Latinas so that works and both look like actual human beings, but still really beautiful (to my tastes anyway), so that's a big plus.
The renders in general are also great.

What I don't like as much is how fast the attraction is there. I kinda want a bit more struggle from both F and D before they are willing to accept their romantic attraction.
It's not that much a problem with the sister, because flashbacks introduced a strong attraction since their youth.

Another problem is the Spanglish. It was hard for me to go through the first two chapters and not give up, because there was a lot of Spanish left in there, and the translation was so bad that at times it really wasn't clear what the dev was trying to say.
Add to that the pretentious use of words just flashing into the screen, and those weird philosophical interludes...
I hate that stuff, most games simply have neither the characters nor the story to make an attempt at "serious literature" anything but laughable. Like fe. Dual Family.
Thankfully, that petered out at some point and IMO the translation also became better. Making me hope for an improvement in both how the story is written and translated. There's still some really awkward syntax and phrasing and the MC still waxes on philosophical way too much in my book, but it's definitely progress.

Normally this would be my review for the game, but I think I'll wait a few more updates for that, because given the rather bad translation and the affectations (or attempt thereof) of the writing in the first few chapters, I couldn't give the game a higher rating than 3 stars, but if the game continues to improve it's at least a four if not a five at one point.

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Add to that the pretentious use of words just flashing into the screen, and those weird philosophical interludes...
I hate that stuff, most games simply have neither the characters nor the story to make an attempt at "serious literature" anything but laughable.
I was thinking this story isn't french enough to be this pretentious about yikesing the daughter, especially in the early episodes.
The whole business with the king/prince distinction definitely seems like overextended pop psych, though. And it looks like it's going to be a theme for the whole game.

Reactions: qaywsx and botc76
4.10 star(s) 53 Votes