4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Wife cheats on MC, MC is depressed, MC fucks every women he meets... I guess it's another cliché.
I swear if the dad ain't dying there's always a cheated MC.. Never the other way around.

Lol I actually haven't played the game yet but it sounds like that's the narrative.
Well, 1 out of 3 isn't bad... is it?

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
But is it common to have fair skin when you have a dark mother and sister?
Not that it would bother me (I got tired of devs using incest as a crutch for a poor story long ago), but since the dev has tagged it as incest and supplied his own patch they have it written to be family. That's going to blow the immersion for them to be family out of the water.
Seriously... I don't mean to be offensive here, but you should probably go visit some of these countries before trying to discuss what shade of skin they should have, as you seem to actually have no clue how it works.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Apparently you have no clue of how genetics work.
No, instead, I've lived and worked in 15 different countries around the world - AND - I have an Asian Ex who is brown all winter and nearly black in the summer and yet - somehow - my son is pure white with her eyes, while our daughter is brown.

It's not simple arithmetic. And, no, I do not know much at all about genetics other then its not arithmetic. What I DO know is that the skin shades are all over the map in most non-white countries. I have no idea if you live in the US or not, but go a few hours south to Costa Rica and you'll find a tiny little country with predominantly black people on the Caribbean side, mainly brown skinned people on the Pacific side and mostly white people on the Central plateau around San Jose. They are all Costa Rican's, they are all LatinX, they all speak Spanish... and their offspring can vary widely in their skin color. Same goes for many Arab countries.

Did you also know that in many of the traditionally "brown" countries, there's often large portions of the population that actively try to be more white? It's fucked up but that's mass media for you, but go to SEA and you'll find one of the most popular products in the drug stores is whitening cream, which is basically bleach.

Seriously, seeing someone complain about someone's skin tone being too white because they have some sterotypical preconception that all Latin people are brown is just ignorance, IMO.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
This is looking to be a fun game, I like the premise, and being a Latino/Spanish speaker myself I have no problems with the dialogue, but I agree that maybe you should get someone to proofread it so its less confusing for other people.

Also:

Not that it would bother me (I got tired of devs using incest as a crutch for a poor story long ago), but since the dev has tagged it as incest and supplied his own patch they have it written to be family. That's going to blow the immersion for them to be family out of the water.
Yes, plenty of cases where you have a bunch of siblings that are different skin tones here in South America.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
So I played the game and it's pretty good,renders look nice and the characters look different for a change... Proof reading is obviously needed and the option to change characters names but other than that it's pretty good. Story is nothing new but it still feels different. I get the sense that Mara wants to replace her mom and that makes it intresting. Usually these father/daughter VNs tend to focus more on the sexual side of the relationship instead of the emotional side but in this VN it does the latter justice. MCs wife cheating on him gives Mara a reason to sympathize with her dad and that sets a different tone for me.

Great start looking forward to the next release(y)

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
Yes, because you are descended from your father, and you may resemble his ancestors, in this example the Spanish, and regardless of how much they mix, as long as you go via the father, you will get Spanish-looking nibbas. For example, I have a white grandmother and an assyrian grandfather though my father looks white, I look exactly like my grandfather, and the same for my cusions and there children, and it's all because our Y haplogroup (carried through father from male to male) comes from J2, so even if I marry an Asian woman, I will have grandsons who look like me, my grandfather, and my ancestors.

There is a reason why your ancestry and name are passed down through your father.

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
No, instead, I've lived and worked in 15 different countries around the world - AND - I have an Asian Ex who is brown all winter and nearly black in the summer and yet - somehow - my son is pure white with her eyes, while our daughter is brown.

It's not simple arithmetic. And, no, I do not know much at all about genetics other then its not arithmetic. What I DO know is that the skin shades are all over the map in most non-white countries. I have no idea if you live in the US or not, but go a few hours south to Costa Rica and you'll find a tiny little country with predominantly black people on the Caribbean side, mainly brown skinned people on the Pacific side and mostly white people on the Central plateau around San Jose. They are all Costa Rican's, they are all LatinX, they all speak Spanish... and their offspring can vary widely in their skin color. Same goes for many Arab countries.

Did you also know that in many of the traditionally "brown" countries, there's often large portions of the population that actively try to be more white? It's fucked up but that's mass media for you, but go to SEA and you'll find one of the most popular products in the drug stores is whitening cream, which is basically bleach.

Seriously, seeing someone complain about someone's skin tone being too white because they have some sterotypical preconception that all Latin people are brown is just ignorance, IMO.
Haplogroup Y is carried through father and passed down from male to male, my girlfriend is Italian (born there) and we both have white looking fathers (thanks to white grandmothers) yet our grandfather's are Assyrians and we look assyrians. The female gene may effect 1 generation but it gets washed down by the Y gene that get passed from male to male.

(See Italians the country is split into J2 and R1A yet siscilian men who marry white women always have J2 looking children)
Ilona staller is a good example, her son looks Italian and is Italian because the Y gene is of his father. Same for Obama, mother white father black and therefore count as black.

I mean seriously males been taking there fathers names for 10,000 years for a reason, and women change there initials to there husbands after marriage for a reason.

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
Wife cheats on MC, MC is depressed, MC fucks every women he meets... I guess it's another cliché.
I swear if the dad ain't dying there's always a cheated MC.. Never the other way around.

Lol I actually haven't played the game yet but it sounds like that's the narrative.
i think thats the reasons a lot of people are on this site for.:)

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
It's interesting for a "starter"... I'll be looking forward on how this develops in the future...
One thing though... If the creator plans on keeping all the Spanish references in the dialogue make sure you also put the translation of that along side, so your readers will understand what the reference pertains to... Loosing the "audiences attention" is the last thing you want...

Reactions: misterx2999

Romalous

Sep 13, 2020

whitening cream is not Asian's trying to look like white people most Asian countries like Korea, Japan, China being examples are very warm countries most people are likely going to be naturally tanned while by comparison people who live here in western countries like Ireland or England are naturally more pale and that is why many people use fake tan why because darker skin is not that common given how bad the weather is it has nothing to do with race it's purely aesthetic but you using the word Latin but adding an X at the end is an actual racial slur that most Hispanic/Latino people really don't like going by the backlash of the word among the Hispanic communities

Reactions: Alessandroch

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
whitening cream is not Asian's trying to look like white people most Asian countries like Korea, Japan, China ....
Dude, I lived there. I married someone from there. It's not universal, but there's many areas of SEA where they have a fixation on white western culture and there's literally hundreds of beauty products that are solely to try and whiten their skin. Among the "upper class" of the Philippines, for instance, you are looked down on if you are more brown. The whiter you are, the more it's perceived that you are somehow - "better". There's also a large number of females over there who want to make babies with white foreigners, because their babies will be more white skinned. It's fucked up sadly, because it's another indicator of how much cultural change is happening due to what the media feeds the new generations.

.... but you using the word Latin but adding an X at the end is an actual racial slur that most Hispanic/Latino people really don't like going by the backlash of the word among the Hispanic communities
Sorry if I offended any one over this. I was just too lazy to type Latino and Latina. However, you are again making generalizations. What's OK in a displaced population of LA (as an example) might not be ok on the streets of San Jose, or Mexico City or Panama City... every country is different. I dated a girl from Costa Rica for a few years and their version of Spanish is quite a bit different then Mexico, for example. No one ever used Latina to describe their woman (at least that I heard) I always just called her my Chica, or my Flaca.

Anyhow, I think we derailed this poor devs thread enough... I just wanted to comment that the MC is not "Too white" and I actually get the dialogue in this game, even if it seems to be more true Spanish then Latin Spanish. I just want to be able to rename the MC is all ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Alessandroch

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Haplogroup Y is carried through father and passed down from male to male, my girlfriend is Italian (born there) and we both have white looking fathers (thanks to white grandmothers) yet our grandfather's are Assyrians and we look assyrians. The female gene may effect 1 generation but it gets washed down by the Y gene that get passed from male to male.

(See Italians the country is split into J2 and R1A yet siscilian men who marry white women always have J2 looking children)
Ilona staller is a good example, her son looks Italian and is Italian because the Y gene is of his father. Same for Obama, mother white father black and therefore count as black.

I mean seriously males been taking there fathers names for 10,000 years for a reason, and women change there initials to there husbands after marriage for a reason.

Try getting a marriage license in the Philippines and then try and explain the concept of middle names based on Christian saints (and this in a highly Catholic country!) ... I literally had to bribe a clerk to put mine down properly, because she was "sure" I was wrong and that my middle name must be my mother's surname. :ROFLMAO:

Romalous

Sep 13, 2020
Dude, I lived there. I married someone from there. It's not universal, but there's many areas of SEA where they have a fixation on white western culture and there's literally hundreds of beauty products that are solely to try and whiten their skin. Among the "upper class" of the Philippines, for instance, you are looked down on if you are more brown. The whiter you are, the more it's perceived that you are somehow - "better". There's also a large number of females over there who want to make babies with white foreigners, because their babies will be more white skinned. It's fucked up sadly, because it's another indicator of how much cultural change is happening due to what the media feeds the new generations.

Sorry if I offended any one over this. I was just too lazy to type Latino and Latina. However, you are again making generalizations. What's OK in a displaced population of LA (as an example) might not be ok on the streets of San Jose, or Mexico City or Panama City... every country is different. I dated a girl from Costa Rica for a few years and their version of Spanish is quite a bit different then Mexico, for example. No one ever used Latina to describe their woman (at least that I heard) I always just called her my Chica, or my Flaca.

Anyhow, I think we derailed this poor devs thread enough... I just wanted to comment that the MC is not "Too white" and I actually get the dialogue in this game, even if it seems to be more true Spanish then Latin Spanish. I just want to be able to rename the MC is all ;)
no harm done i was not looking for argument but the reason the upper class look down on people with tanned skin isn't about race it's purely about class people who are lower earners like the farmers who work the fields etc spend more time outside which leads to them being tanned it's actually a point i was going to make in my last post but i didn't want to write an essay

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Amazing. I liked the story, the camera work and the setting of the scenes very much.
If you still do the same hard work on the translation, then the game will be at the top of the list.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes