RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes
Oct 16, 2017
Some people on ulmf finally got the dev to respond. Instead of addressing concerns about it being a scam, or concerns about anything else for that matter, he's simply responding with "the answers are totally behind this paywall, it's not a scam!".

(can't post full links yet)
ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/9239-malise-and-the-machine-public-demo-available-now/page111

johntrine

Oct 14, 2016
wow... that's just... wow... the dude just doesn't realise how to talk to concerned fans. he's like EA but less subtle (too soon?).

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@johntrine , he's making 8K per month, probably for doing nothing. I'd say he knows how to talk with his fans.

Oct 16, 2017
wow... that's just... wow... the dude just doesn't realise how to talk to concerned fans. he's like EA but less subtle (too soon?).
Funny you should mention that, I was going to tell him he was acting like the EA of the H games scene, but he was already getting bent out of shape, so I restrained myself.

johntrine

Oct 14, 2016
Funny you should mention that, I was going to tell him he was acting like the EA of the H games scene, but he was already getting bent out of shape, so I restrained myself.
atleast EA was subtle with their insults. they didn't say to the fans faces to leave.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Some people on ulmf finally got the dev to respond. Instead of addressing concerns about it being a scam, or concerns about anything else for that matter, he's simply responding with "the answers are totally behind this paywall, it's not a scam!".

(can't post full links yet)
ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/9239-malise-and-the-machine-public-demo-available-now/page111
I just read pages 111 and 112 of that thread, and I have to say that Eromancer handled that in just about the worst way possible. In a very childish way at that. Instead of taking the constructive criticism they got and doing something with it, they pretty much attacked the person that gave it, and then proceeded to ignore the rest and announce their leave with a gif.

Oct 16, 2017
I just read pages 111 and 112 of that thread, and I have to say that Eromancer handled that in just about the worst way possible. In a very childish way at that. Instead of taking the constructive criticism they got and doing something with it, they pretty much attacked the person that gave it, and then proceeded to ignore the rest and announce their leave with a gif.
Yeah, I'd say it either means he -is- running a scam or they really have been working hard on it and he just can't handle criticism and took it as a personal attack. Guess time will tell. Either way though, it's not very encouraging from a player's standpoint. Even if he's not running a scam, he won't listen to feedback.

Edit: Also wanted to point out this isn't the first time I've gotten bad vibes from this. As I pointed out in the thread, he's had a habit of ignoring and being dismissive from the beginning.

Excelent

Nov 18, 2017
Hello lads! I know that everybody is concerned about the future updates and versions, but my deal now is that I am looking fir a version that includes the first episode(the one with the city). If anyone has it, it would be really apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Gezeichnete

Aug 18, 2017
I second this partially:
or they really have been working hard on it and he just can't handle criticism and took it as a personal attack.
[IMHO]

As a longer time backer, i'd rather say: they are working their asses off and have made right decisions at the right time, much to the loss of their backers.

The old engine was simply not capable for the plans they have for and with the game. That decision delayed the next playable version for another year and a half. According to an IC-post the next version will be out in the next few months. And according to Ubercharge it will be sooner than 5 months. So maybe the guys who can't see behind the paywall can wait this period of time without killing the motivation of that team.

I personally hope, that they don't listen to the people trying to spread cancer between them.

And the money paid to them is at the right amount, that they can speed up development now. I believe in the things, Eromancer tells you about the costs. I once did edit a vehicle in Blender for a video game, which I initially bought for 300$. Now imagine, how many models/software/hardware they bought and will buy in the development process. And how much money the rest of the team gets from the ~8000 $ income per month.

Development is a very costly experience and I personally don't think, they are doing a scam with that money at this time.

[/IMHO]

Edit: But I also think that the PR-thingy has started on the wrong foot. I believe in more public information, even if that means that I get less actual insider infos ;)

Last edited:

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Gezeichnete , you're not telling us anything new, or surprising. There are obviously plenty of people like you, who believe the project is being worked on. Otherwise they wouldn't make these money. And how much is their pure profit is irrelevant. People are not complaining about them becoming rich. People are worried that it may be all smoke and mirrors, after a year of work without a single thing to show. I don't see what's so cancerous about their suspicions. Cancer is hard to cure, people's criticism can be eliminated with a simple gameplay video.

J103

Sep 22, 2016
I really want to believe that the development of this game is going somewhere but man, the dev really needs to learn some social skills.

Reactions: DLSmaster

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017

December video update.
Ohh this looks nice.
What program is he using ?

Oh i still think it will be like Breeding seasons all again. I should make a parteon and place beats there i would earn an amazing fortune.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes