thunderbrake

Jun 5, 2019
I disagree in this point. Story driven games aka VN are based on decision. Different decisions will lead to different content/images and perhaps tells a different story of the game.

Form your post I get the feeling that you don't like story driven games in general, where content is based on decisions (like Philly_Games does). In this case games where decision and mostly the story doesn't matter (like Milfy City & Co.) suits you better. But this just my opinion.
Sry but I think you're a little bit wrong about that because I like good story driven games where the outcome is not dictated by a specific decisions that the writer think is wrong i just want to enjoy the complete game and not just part of it because of decisions you had made and of course the story do matter think about it why games like this and milfy city are loved by so many people because they can enjoy the story progressing without thinking was this decision right did I miss something that is just the nature of gamers you want to get it all what ever it is, achievements or specific weapons in this type of games it's the scenes you want all of them without missing something and i just like stories where I get the end I desire without the need to follow a route to get it but of course everyone has different taste but I think dev has done Amazing work with this game, and I am happy to see future games from Faerin he contacts to the people who play the game but that's enough from me talking about stuff like that.

Keep up the good work Faerin and don't let people confuse you I think you're on the right track and all people who love the game and support you are a good proof for that. (y);)

DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
So....been away from the computer for quite a while and have fallen way, way behind, so 2 questions good peeps, my last save file was v0.8.6extra, is that still good to attach to the latest version?? the 9.9? and secondly having been away for so long, anyone no when the next update is due, shall I DL the OP version or wait for the next? many thanks to whoever answers.:love:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
So....been away from the computer for quite a while and have fallen way, way behind, so 2 questions good peeps, my last save file was v0.8.6extra, is that still good to attach to the latest version?? the 9.9? and secondly having been away for so long, anyone no when the next update is due, shall I DL the OP version or wait for the next? many thanks to whoever answers.:love:
Welcome back mate, it's been a while yeah your save is still good to use as for the next release maybe in a couple of weeks time still no definitive date yet as Faerin is still working on it

DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
Welcome back mate, it's been a while yeah your save is still good to use as for the next release maybe in a couple of weeks time still no definitive date yet as Faerin is still working on it
Many thanks Larry5168, may as well start with the 0.9.9, and get back up to speed, wish me luck and no glitches.(y)

Reactions: TheDevian

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Is there any walkthrough for 0.9.9 ? I want to know what decisions affect the endings of each girl lol.
Usually the walkthrough is on the first page of the game. But not this time. And can't find the 0.9.9 walkthrough in search function either.

o/

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Is there any walkthrough for 0.9.9 ? I want to know what decisions affect the endings of each girl lol.
Usually the walkthrough is on the first page of the game. But not this time. And can't find the 0.9.9 walkthrough in search function either.

o/
Well to be honest you really shouldn't need a walkthrough and as I think Sonic is away here goes

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: TheDevian

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Why would I just make a personal attack like that?
I have to say that when I ready your reply I took it has a personal insult. I was happy to see as I read through the additional posts that it was not intended that way.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe if I had a history of that sort of thing. Anyway, this game is a lot more interactive than ptahn is giving it credit for.
The game as a whole is very interactive that is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. My comment stated that I felt the game had become less interactive when Faerin started doing updates every two weeks. I said that I would have preferred to wait longer for updates if it meant more game play.

Tiberii

Feb 19, 2019
Sorry for asking if someone has already asked it before, my main character of the game does not go to bed on the first day (I click on the bed to go to bed, but nothing happens, that is, there is no time for me to indicate that I am going to sleep until morning) How can I solve this bug?

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Sorry for asking if someone has already asked it before, my main character of the game does not go to bed on the first day (I click on the bed to go to bed, but nothing happens, that is, there is no time for me to indicate that I am going to sleep until morning) How can I solve this bug?
A previous version (I think it was 0.9.6) had a bug in the intro, in which you could not sleep. Very annoying. The solution was to simply skip the intro, and then the bug does not rear its ugly head. It was solved for later versions as far as I know.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Thank you taking the time to write such elaborate feedback.
In my opinion, it's one of those "you can't win" situations.

I take my time to develop characters -> I'm "milking the game" and "blue-balling" players.
I focus on finishing the main characters first, to get to sex scenes sooner -> "Why doesn't character X have more content?"
I add dates -> "I hate mini games/dates are boring".
I add more sex scenes -> "Not enough interactivity/why not more dates?".

This is not to say that all feedback is negative, because the majority of it isn't at all, but I just want to illustrate how hard it is to keep everyone happy (let's face it, it's impossible).

So for every desicion I make that might please you, someone else will come along and advocate the exact opposite (as has been demonstrated already by the replies to your post).
But after all, this is a place to share your opinion and I appreciate each and everyone that takes the time do so constructively, like you did, even if I disagree with parts of it.

And yes, I am working towards the end of the game.
Not because there isn't a lot more content I could add (this could go on for many years), but because I am confronted with decisions I have made during early development, that prevent me from creating a better game.
MotH was initally my way of testing my engine and finding out what "works", it has just gotten way more popular and bigger than I anticipated (for which I am very grateful).

However, now I feel it's time to take things to next level and apply what I have learned over the last couple of years to a new game. Like I've said many times before, I want to finish MotH in a way that pleases the players, but I also need challenge myself in order for me to stay motivated to work on this full time, because (unlike what some may think) I'm not in this just for the money, I want to (and need to) do something I enjoy.

/End rant ;)
I completely understand your situation. I said this before in another game thread that I believe that if developers are reading posts on this website, they are looking for feedback. Every place you go now has some sort of guest feedback. My posts are intended to tell developers what I think would make the product better. Others will agree and disagree and will post accordingly. You are right, you will never make everyone happy; but you may get a feel what might make a majority of people happy. It's great if you don't have to be as concerned about the money as some other developers. I certainly grants you much more freedom to do what you want. I appreciate the difficulty in creating this type of entertainment. You have the personal tastes of the people that play these games. People play these games for different reasons. Personally I play these games because I spend a lot of time working at my computer and sometimes I just need a break. These games have taken the place of computer solitaire and Candy Crush. I imagine I may be wanting a different experience than some one else. (Don't get me wrong I still look at the women in the preview pictures to see if I have any interest in the game.) I hope that you got from my previous post that I am a fan of your work. Your game was one of my top five up until the relationship with the three main characters maxed out. I just felt that the emphasis transitioned from game play to just watching sex scenes. I missed the challenge of the game. It's great that you produced a game of this quality and have enjoyed the success that you have had on your first attempt. I will miss this game and these characters when this game ends, but I look forward to your next project.

Reactions: Faerin

Sindar

Jan 30, 2018
In my opinion, it's one of those "you can't win" situations.

I take my time to develop characters -> I'm "milking the game" and "blue-balling" players.
I focus on finishing the main characters first, to get to sex scenes sooner -> "Why doesn't character X have more content?"
I add dates -> "I hate mini games/dates are boring".
I add more sex scenes -> "Not enough interactivity/why not more dates?".

This is not to say that all feedback is negative, because the majority of it isn't at all, but I just want to illustrate how hard it is to keep everyone happy (let's face it, it's impossible).
I agree with your sentiment - it's impossible to kowtow to everyone's wishes and someone eventually will end up being unhappy for one reason or another.
I understand that MotH isn't a VN, yet I get the feeling that initially there was a planned story behind it, which got lost or got changed along the way as new content was added. As a result the story arcs of some characters feel underdeveloped while initially they seemed to have potential to go somewhere. You can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
As someone who enjoys a good substantial story with some plot twists, I appreciate the games from devs like DrPinkCake or Philly_Games since it seems they have the story framework already in place along with the character arcs for the main characters before putting the game together, which overall gives the game a much nicer sense of continuity. In my opinion, that is one of the main reasons for the games to be successful and enjoyable (similar to movies) - to have the main framework in place and know where you wanna take it. It's fine to listen to the input from the community and add some things into the game like some scenes, outfits, special events or maybe even side characters, but imho the main story should be decided by the dev/writer. Otherwise the game can end up in a vicious cycle of trying to please everyone and failing doing well overall.

All that being said, I've enjoyed playing MotH quite a bit. I hope that in your future project you take the lessons from MotH and expand on them - be it the story development or the impact of some MC choices. I feel like there was quite a bit of potential in MotH that wasn't explored.
I think once the game is finished someone who hasn't played it yet will enjoy the full play-through from start till the end much more than opposed to people complaining about the small updates right now, which I think is unfair criticism of the game itself.

As a small technical note - I'm not fully aware about the limitations of the Unity platform, but seeing that over several updates the resources.assets.resS file has expanded to almost 4 GB is a bit concerning. Generally it's a bad practice stuffing all the assets into one file - a better approach would be splitting them up into several smaller files, if possible. Perhaps something to keep in mind for your future project. ;)

Keep up the good work! (y)

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I agree with your sentiment - it's impossible to kowtow to everyone's wishes and someone eventually will end up being unhappy for one reason or another.
I understand that MotH isn't a VN, yet I get the feeling that initially there was a planned story behind it, which got lost or got changed along the way as new content was added. As a result the story arcs of some characters feel underdeveloped while initially they seemed to have potential to go somewhere. You can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
As someone who enjoys a good substantial story with some plot twists, I appreciate the games from devs like DrPinkCake or Philly_Games since it seems they have the story framework already in place along with the character arcs for the main characters before putting the game together, which overall gives the game a much nicer sense of continuity. In my opinion, that is one of the main reasons for the games to be successful and enjoyable (similar to movies) - to have the main framework in place and know where you wanna take it. It's fine to listen to the input from the community and add some things into the game like some scenes, outfits, special events or maybe even side characters, but imho the main story should be decided by the dev/writer. Otherwise the game can end up in a vicious cycle of trying to please everyone and failing doing well overall.

All that being said, I've enjoyed playing MotH quite a bit. I hope that in your future project you take the lessons from MotH and expand on them - be it the story development or the impact of some MC choices. I feel like there was quite a bit of potential in MotH that wasn't explored.
I think once the game is finished someone who hasn't played it yet will enjoy the full play-through from start till the end much more than opposed to people complaining about the small updates right now, which I think is unfair criticism of the game itself.

As a small technical note - I'm not fully aware about the limitations of the Unity platform, but seeing that over several updates the resources.assets.resS file has expanded to almost 4 GB is a bit concerning. Generally it's a bad practice stuffing all the assets into one file - a better approach would be splitting them up into several smaller files, if possible. Perhaps something to keep in mind for your future project. ;)

Keep up the good work! (y)
Actually the story has pretty much exactly played out as I had planned originally, granted that some of the stories/girls haven't been implemented yet.
Like you said, I planned about 90%-95% of all stories and characters (up to the "relationship status") before I even started development. Now this isn't to say that it has to end there, because as stated in my previous post, there's a lot more to do with MotH, if I that's what I wanted.

I have to divide my hours over all the tasks that come with creating a game.
Some people excel at creating art, others at writing stories, I am a developer by trade and feel that is where I can accomplish most. That doesn't mean I don't try to improve my graphics or story, but I also acknowledge those are not my strong suit.
That's the reason why I want to focus more on gameplay for my next game, while maintaining an acceptable level of graphics and story. I think there are plenty of pure VN's out there, with more of them being developed every day (especially with tools like Renpy), but (imo) more "gameplay oriented" games are still lacking.

Of course, this means that people that play games mainly for the art of for the story, will be less excited about it, but hopefully this will also offer something new to others.
But like I said before, it's impossible to please everyone.
So while I try to listen to the community, they did not influence the story (or game for that matter) on the level you are describing, polls were mostly for the order in which content was developed.

Yes, the next game will make use of asset bundles.

Thanks for your comments!

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes