Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
@Faerin will leaving the door open prevent Ash form sleeping in your room after first scary movie?
Yes:
Door closed -> Ashley shows up (after watching a scary movie early on, or always later in the game).
Door opened -> Claire shows up in the morning, to close it.

@Faerin so many improvements. Now write a neat documentation and generalize it to a development engine. After that sell it :). I know I would buy it from the Unity store.
I'm currently on my cheated playthrough so I can't give you a "good,bad,ugly" thing like last time, yet. But I already crossed a small bug. When you train your intelligence on the PC every course takes only one hour instead of the mentioned duration.

So far I love it. :) Oh one little question, can you make animations optional already? Or are they still a mandatory thing?
You know, this was actually my original idea, long, long ago ;)
But now, I haven't even finished my "own" editor yet, as MotH has been taking up all my time.
One day...perhaps ;)

Since so many are bitching about 'lack of content in the update' - let me lay it out for you in layman terms:

Far to seldom developers actually go back in their code and identify problem areas. What happens with these developers and their products is simple: They end up swamped in bug reports that keep piling up over each release and finding less fixing them becomes near impossible.

Instead of bitching you should actually bow before @Faerin as he is one of the few having the balls to actually see that his code was going the wrong way in this regard. He made a very tough management but very smart decision and decided to scratch some of it and rewrite framework things to ensure YOU guys a good experience in the long run.
Amen and thank you! It's not like I enjoy going through 200k-300k lines of code and script for 4 weeks straight, I'd much rather work on new content too. But like you said, this makes sure MotH can go on for a long time and not become yet another abandoned project.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
A dumb question, but with that savegame there is nothing to do, isn't it? Are there new scenes if you played until 0.82? Thank you
There are no new scenes well maybe one with Veronica but if you played the TEST version you will have seen it this update was a complete overhaul of the UI and a clean out of all the major bugs

Reactions: tulkas

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Amen and thank you! It's not like I enjoy going through 200k-300k lines of code and script for 4 weeks straight, I'd much rather work on new content too. But like you said, this makes sure MotH can go on for a long time and not become yet another abandoned project.
You are more than welcome (can you feel the but coming already?) buuut :D
If i may: Consider changing the version number accordingly. You did some 'major' code rework which should be reflected in your versioning. That might also make it easier for people to understand that stuff happened 'under the hood'.

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
Faerin said: "It's not like I enjoy going through 200k-300k lines of code and script for 4 weeks straight, I'd much rather work on new content too. But like you said, this makes sure MotH can go on for a long time and not become yet another abandoned project." Thank you for that . I for one really appriciate the work you've done and I hope that we shall have Moth with us till the end (hopefully way in to the future:extremelyhappy:).

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
No stat editor in the cheat console? Such a long grind without it, but other than that enjoying playing through it again.

Spelly

Nov 2, 2017
Well, the update's great! The interface is much more intuitive than before, I think. So far everything has gone smoothly for me. The only thing I don't understand is how to close the door. I can only choose if I want to sleep with shorts or naked, after that there is no more interaction and the mc goes to sleep. And I'm still waiting for Claire to finally call Emma. :coldsweat:

Reactions: DirkP and Faerin

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Quick random question: What's the point in tutoring math again? In the new version, it has the same knowledge base as history and doesn't seem to give any more love points than tutoring history.

Also, why the choice of sleeping naked vs sleeping boxer if no relationships have gotten to the point of them seeing? Seems an unnecessary choice in the beginning portions.

Also, going to try and replicate it but I had a bug when I first played that Sophia was not being added to the Contacts list if I had 8 people already checked. Once I unchecked some, she appeared. Will see about replicating.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Well, the update's great! The interface is much more intuitive than before, I think. So far everything has gone smoothly for me. The only thing I don't understand is how to close the door. I can only choose if I want to sleep with shorts or naked, after that there is no more interaction and the mc goes to sleep. And I'm still waiting for Claire to finally call Emma. :coldsweat:
By default you sleep with closed door. There is no 'actual' lock you can activate. When you decide to keep the door open you simply open up the ability to be caught by your mom.

Reactions: Spelly

Ich84

Sep 5, 2018
Hello,

is there anything do to in v0.8.3 ? i found nothing what is new...
can anyone help me pls ? :)

thx a lot

Firsk

Oct 19, 2017
Love this game, but i'm having a hard time with the smiling faces. They all look like serial killers -_-

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Quick random question: What's the point in tutoring math again? In the new version, it has the same knowledge base as history and doesn't seem to give any more love points than tutoring history.

Also, why the choice of sleeping naked vs sleeping boxer if no relationships have gotten to the point of them seeing? Seems an unnecessary choice in the beginning portions.

Also, going to try and replicate it but I had a bug when I first played that Sophia was not being added to the Contacts list if I had 8 people already checked. Once I unchecked some, she appeared. Will see about replicating.
Just on your last point that isnt a bug 8 is the Max number of people you can have on the Hint bar at any one time

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Hello,

is there anything do to in v0.8.3 ? i found nothing what is new...
can anyone help me pls ? :)

thx a lot
There are no new scenes well maybe one with Veronica but if you played the TEST version you will have seen it this update was a complete overhaul of the UI and a clean out of all the major bugs

R

RWaites Jnr

Hola amigos:
He estado siguiendo el juego casi desde el principio y con esta actualización, no puedo pasar de la pantalla negra inicial ...
Tengo el anterior (0.82) y funciona correctamente, pero el 0.83 no avanza más que la pantalla negra ...
¿Puedes ayudarme por favor?
Hello Brother if you are using the mod in the opening post that could be your problem, it has not been updated to the new release
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes