Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
does anyone help me please skip the introduction? I read everything from this topic but I did not succeed by any method, I do not know how to skip the first day, please help me
You can't skip the intro but you can skip through the text by using the CTRL key on your keyboard.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Dang! Cannot make it work usng Wineskin :( It prompts me to an error of missing directx11.

If there is any kind soul who can provide a working blank app wrapper for me to drag the game content inside, I will really appreaciate it :)
I had it running in a wineskin wrapper for a while, but then Faerin upgraded the Unity he was using and wineskin couldn't handle it anymore. I tried using the tools in the wrapper to upgrade the wine it was using, but I didn't have any luck getting it to work. Wineskin is 3 years (or so) old...it just doesn't work with newer games.

So I wrote a script to launch wine for me. Get it here: https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/post-1267923 .

Use Linux. Much easier to handle Wine as on Mac.

Even more after Catalina removed 32bit support and you need Wine's 32bit libraries, because Moth is a 32bit application ;)
Wineskin Winery is wine wrapper. It lets you make a Mac app out of a wine-run program. But it hasn't been maintained, and bitrotted.

Reactions: Kondorito

Algania

Feb 23, 2020
The simplest answer I can offer is, one is in Unity, the other is not. ;)
So there isn't much difference then ? The reason I asked is that while skimming through various threads, I've seen some ppl comment that they prefer one over the other. So I take it that the difference then would be the same as Windows vs Linux vs Mac ?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So there isn't much difference then ? The reason I asked is that while skimming through various threads, I've seen some ppl comment that they prefer one over the other. So I take it that the difference then would be the same as Windows vs Linux vs Mac ?
Yeah, pretty much. I mean sure, with Ren'Py games you can roll back the dialog if you inadvertently skipped something that might have been important to take note of, but with MotH for instance (I can't speak for other Unity based games/AVNs), there was a dialog history you could access and it wouldn't cause problems like you'd see rolling back in Ren'Py games.

They're both good on their own merits though. I can't knock either one.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Supporting Sycho, it's more a matter of taste. Ren'Py generally has some comfort features like skipping seen text, rolling back (i. e. going back a bit to redecide or reread some dialogue) which in Unity many but not all programmers copy. In the end it's a matter of taste but many seem to be happy with Ren'Py because they know all the options, how to access menus, etc. which isn't always working the same in other engines.

The only engine which really has some mechanics which may stand out and you like them or not is RPGM with the "running around in 2D top down pixel graphics" which can take a lot of time and is disliked by quite a few people.

But in the end it's for you to decide and as long as you're asking "what's the big deal?" it's probably not a big deal.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Supporting Sycho, it's more a matter of taste. Ren'Py generally has some comfort features like skipping seen text, rolling back (i. e. going back a bit to redecide or reread some dialogue) which in Unity many but not all programmers copy. In the end it's a matter of taste but many seem to be happy with Ren'Py because they know all the options, how to access menus, etc. which isn't always working the same in other engines.

The only engine which really has some mechanics which may stand out and you like them or not is RPGM with the "running around in 2D top down pixel graphics" which can take a lot of time and is disliked by quite a few people.

But in the end it's for you to decide and as long as you're asking "what's the big deal?" it's probably not a big deal.
The decision making is typically my reason for rolling back if something didn't work out in my favor. :LOL:
Though I have seen one game (can't recall the name offhand) where rollback was locked when a decision needed to be made. Once you've selected your choice, you were stuck with that decision, even if it didn't go well. lol

I think that limits players, IMHO.

Algania

Feb 23, 2020
The decision making is typically my reason for rolling back if something didn't work out in my favor. :LOL:
Once you've selected your choice, you were stuck with that decision, even if it didn't go well. lol
I think that limits players, IMHO.
Ahhh. I've only been playing these a short time so I didn't know. That's something that I've appreciated (without knowing the diff) with Ren, is that I could go back just to see what would be different by choosing a different dialogue option. Thanks to both you and Cartageno for taking the time to answer.

Reactions: Cartageno and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ahhh. I've only been playing these a short time so I didn't know. That's something that I've appreciated (without knowing the diff) with Ren, is that I could go back just to see what would be different by choosing a different dialogue option. Thanks to both you and Cartageno for taking the time to answer.
Oh, hey, no problem! :)

Reactions: heellover

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Sorry Sycho. Anyways: to raise the suspicion stat of the landlady (wink wink) or the jealousy of your roommate (wink wink again) you need either the weekend beach event or the weekend yoga routine. Choose one of the core members of your household and see how the others may react.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sorry Sycho. Anyways: to raise the suspicion stat of the landlady (wink wink) or the jealousy of your roommate (wink wink again) you need either the weekend beach event or the weekend yoga routine. Choose one of the core members of your household and see how the others may react.
No worries. The same question was asked of me in PM, so I answered there instead. :)

inyourface

May 30, 2017
mc ending.jpg
"There is still another future that I haven't thought about..."

Hi, how do i get this ending, i already completed all the others?

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes