goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Does anyone know if this works for mac?
Yes. There used to be instructions for using wine, but they got taken down when the Mac version was released on Steam. That was premature, I think, because the Mac version was never leaked.

If you can handle doing things in wine, go to https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-troubleshooting-help.14787/ and see the instructions. Use Wine Staging 3.19, and search for my post with the winetricks that works with that version.

kikozao

Jul 8, 2018
Yes. There used to be instructions for using wine, but they got taken down when the Mac version was released on Steam. That was premature, I think, because the Mac version was never leaked.

If you can handle doing things in wine, go to https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-troubleshooting-help.14787/ and see the instructions. Use Wine Staging 3.19, and search for my post with the winetricks that works with that version.

Sorry, but I'm not really computer savvy, is it easy to use this "wine" thing? Do I just have to download it?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Sorry, but I'm not really computer savvy, is it easy to use this "wine" thing? Do I just have to download it?
See if you can find an old download in this thread for something before 1.0.2c. It will have a guide in the download. If you can't, well, the steps to get it to work wont be easy for someone who isn't "computer savvy".

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
See if you can find an old download in this thread for something before 1.0.2c. It will have a guide in the download. If you can't, well, the steps to get it to work wont be easy for someone who isn't "computer savvy".
I've still got a copy of the install guide if it's needed.

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
Renpy rollbacks can be a godsend in some of the more cryptic VNs, can save alot of mucking around.
MotH didn't need it though, its very well made and 'user friendly' IMO

kikozao

Jul 8, 2018
ok, I will try it, thanks anyway!!! :)

r3sp3ct99

Feb 22, 2017
does anyone help me please skip the introduction? I read everything from this topic but I did not succeed by any method, I do not know how to skip the first day, please help me

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Dang! Cannot make it work usng Wineskin :( It prompts me to an error of missing directx11.

If there is any kind soul who can provide a working blank app wrapper for me to drag the game content inside, I will really appreaciate it :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Dang! Cannot make it work usng Wineskin :( It prompts me to an error of missing directx11.

If there is any kind soul who can provide a working blank app wrapper for me to drag the game content inside, I will really appreaciate it :)
Use Linux. Much easier to handle Wine as on Mac.

Even more after Catalina removed 32bit support and you need Wine's 32bit libraries, because Moth is a 32bit application ;)

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Use Linux. Much easier to handle Wine as on Mac.

Even more after Catalina removed 32bit support and you need Wine's 32bit libraries, because Moth is a 32bit application ;)
Sorry but I am not that savvy, so using/working with Linux is not an option for me unfortunately. I thought about a blank mac wrapper as it does not weight much (so to not bother the user uploading it), and I can always drag and drop the game content and point it to the exe in it afterwards.

If anybody is using Wineskin to run this game, let me know if you got the same directx11 error, and/or if you added specific winetricks into it in order to make it work.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Sorry but I am not that savvy, so using/working with Linux is not an option for me unfortunately. I thought about a blank mac wrapper as it does not weight much (so to not bother the user uploading it), and I can always drag and drop the game content and point it to the exe in it afterwards.

If anybody is using Wineskin to run this game, let me know if you got the same directx11 error, and/or if you added specific winetricks into it in order to make it work.
Again, if you use MacOS Catalina you can't play MotH on your Mac. Doesn't matter if you use native Wine or a different Wine fork aka Wineskin, PlayOnMac etc.

The only option you have is to get your hands on a native MotH Mac build, because the original Mac build supports 64bit systems on macOS Catalina aka macOS 10.15.

Here is where you can download MotH for Mac:

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes