djv007

Apr 23, 2020
If you're stuck on something, just ask. There's a lot of us on Faerin's team that are still active in this thread who know the game like the backs of our hand.
Dont worry. I found a noice little save edit trick to make the progression super fast without breaking the game . And i am enjoying it. Its very good game. Huge thankx to the dev and the team for making the game. I would like to know if there are games similar to man of the house that have been made by the same dev

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Dont worry. I found a noice little save edit trick to make the progression super fast without breaking the game . And i am enjoying it. Its very good game. Huge thankx to the dev and the team for making the game. I would like to know if there are games similar to man of the house that have been made by the same dev
Well, just know in advance that any bugs that occur as a result of save tampering (including but not limited to editing or any modifications to the saves or game) will void any game/technical support.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Then it sounds like you broke something with your 'trick'.
I figured it out. When you have to repeat same actions multiple times to gain a stat for a certain event; in this case, the hint system breaks(not all the time but sometimes) and bugs out. ALso it function normally after completing the event XD.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Well, just know in advance that any bugs that occur as a result of save tampering (including but not limited to editing or any modifications to the saves or game) will void any game/technical support.
I know that. I never asked for a troubleshooting to begin with. The trouble i faced was in a clean save without any editing or code changes XD. But i figured it out so no worries.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I figured it out. When you have to repeat same actions multiple times to gain a stat for a certain event; in this case, the hint system breaks(not all the time but sometimes) and bugs out. ALso it function normally after completing the event XD.
Not normally, no. Generally speaking, there are hints for that.

Coachk

Jul 31, 2017
Would you mind sharing your "trick" with the rest of us?
I really liked the writing in this game, but ever since the option to increase stat points from the menu was patched out, I can't bring myself to replay it. The grind is so incredibly tedious.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I would just like to thank you for still being active in the thread. And sorry to bother u with silly stuff. But u made a great game. :)
I didn't make this one, Faerin did, I just help him out a little, but I am sure he will be happy to read it. ;)

Reactions: rKnight

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Would you mind sharing your "trick" with the rest of us?
I really liked the writing in this game, but ever since the option to increase stat points from the menu was patched out, I can't bring myself to replay it. The grind is so incredibly tedious.
well the most easiest way that i found was using notepad++ to edit the stats for the girls. After experimenting i found that all the events occur on a multiple of 5. Eg if u working on an event where u need to raise love stat (let say current love stat is 2), each action will increase your love stat by 1pt. So if u edit your save from 2 - 4 pts. Then u need to do the event only 1 time instead of doing it for 4 times. this way u can skip the grind. Used this method on mom route, completed her route with 20-25mins. And if u have played the game once then u will be better at this method.

best part is that u can edit the save while running the game. Save your file and open it through notepad++, edit the values and save in notepad++. Then go back to the game and just load the save file. SUper easy.. Just dont max out the stats XD. Did that, breaks the game. If u need some detailed tutorial then just text me. Try my best to help.

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
well the most easiest way that i found was using notepad++ to edit the stats for the girls. After experimenting i found that all the events occur on a multiple of 5. Eg if u working on an event where u need to raise love stat (let say current love stat is 2), each action will increase your love stat by 1pt. So if u edit your save from 2 - 4 pts. Then u need to do the event only 1 time instead of doing it for 4 times. this way u can skip the grind. Used this method on mom route, completed her route with 20-25mins. And if u have played the game once then u will be better at this method.

best part is that u can edit the save while running the game. Save your file and open it through notepad++, edit the values and save in notepad++. Then go back to the game and just load the save file. SUper easy.. Just dont max out the stats XD. Did that, breaks the game. If u need some detailed tutorial then just text me. Try my best to help.
I'll try, thank you!

namhoang909

Apr 22, 2017
1649412257666.png
1649412308793.png 1649412337962.png
still can not unlock special end, I have seen 3 Ashley's, 3 Veronica's, 2 Mom's, 1 Emma, and 1 Pam ends, yet the special end is not here, could it be achievement I missed 1 mom nightcrawler

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Reactions: namhoang909

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
I would recommend against it. Changing the girl's stats will break the story, and your save. Happens almost every time, you will also miss story, and we will not help you fix it if you do.
u wont break anything as long as u dont go above the multiple of 5. Like dont change a stat from 10 -16. do it 10-14 and do the event to gain one more point. Dont add 5 points together. That will break the game. ALso save before editing so if anything goes wrong, u can return to the previous save and try again. ALso when there is an event to progress story, like the hint shows only 1 event, in that case do not edit the values.. That breaks the game. If hint shows a single event then just do it manually. Dont edit values in that case.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
i also completed mom at 98%. I am missing 3 scenes to get 100%. If i post the scene no over here, can someone guide me which event will get me those.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i also completed mom at 98%. I am missing 3 scenes to get 100%. If i post the scene no over here, can someone guide me which event will get me those.
We tried, multiple times, to warn you of the consequences of tampering with the save but you ignored our advice. This is the end result of that. So you're on your own since you know how the game works better than we do.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
We tried, multiple times, to warn you of the consequences of tampering with the save but you ignored our advice. This is the end result of that. So you're on your own since you know how the game works better than we do.
NO this save untouched. Not edited in any way. I think i have not viewed a scene

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes