caju

Oct 5, 2017
is this game any good
I know...
Imagine if there was some kind of way where people could judge if a game was good or not...
Like some kind of rating system or something.
Imagine that player could even leave comments about which parts are good and bad...
Like a review area...
And then they made it accessible or put it at the top right corner of every page...
Imagine all the possibilities

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
is this game any good
It was one of my favorites.
Long afer I was done I bought the final version on Steam, even if I hate that platform (People .... go to itch.io or GOG). I'll probably never download it anyway, but I thought the dev deserved it.

I am not the biggest fan of the visual style, but I found the game entertaining, espescially after the stats were removed and the grind was lowered to a minimum.

Last edited:

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
I know...
Imagine if there was some kind of way where people could judge if a game was good or not...
Like some kind of rating system or something.
Imagine that player could even leave comments about which parts are good and bad...
Like a review area...
And then they made it accessible or put it at the top right corner of every page...
Imagine all the possibilities
Not gonna lie... Assuming, that one of the most popular games on this forum has any redeeming qualities, seems like a stretch...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Gotta admit though that quite a few of the most popular games are not to my liking at all.

Then again, the people still visiting the thread years after a game is completed, willing to talk about it, probably aren't the best bunch to ask anyway, my guess is they will not give representative answers for the population as a whole ...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
:unsure: personal choice aside, the fact that there is a steady stream of new enquires and players and there are still very helpful forum contributors responding to newcomer's issues is probably a good testament to the appeal and entertainment value of the game.

The 216 review / stared ratings, per force subjective, are nevertheless a reasonable indication of the quality of the game as an unwarranted negative attitude towards forum members is a reflection on the nature of the critic.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
:unsure: personal choice aside, the fact that there is a steady stream of new enquires and players and there are still very helpful forum contributors responding to newcomer's issues is probably a good testament to the appeal and entertainment value of the game.

The 216 review / stared ratings, per force subjective, are nevertheless a reasonable indication of the quality of the game as an unwarranted negative attitude towards forum members is a reflection on the nature of the critic.
In case you are referring to me, that wasn't meant as a negative. But generally within a thread you will find the players liking the game - others will move on to other games and threads - and more so for a game that is finished. So if you ask in a thread like this "is this game any good?" without qualifiers, the answer is bound to be "yes". From me as well, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

It would be different with qualifiers of course. If you say what you want, like BDSM, whoring out, whatever, then the answer could be more specific. (A bit of BDSM but pretty vanilla, still, also only with a few characters.)

Whereas I would not consider the (average) ratings a good measure. Sure, if it is 200+ with 4+ average, it's not a trainwreck, if it is 200+ with less than 2 it probably is. However, it is also important to deduce why it is this rating, so read some of the reviews for what they liked. Especially with new games because players will slam a game for "not having enough story content" in a 0.01 alpha preview version, or will give 5 stars for the fact that the readhead looks cute, also in a 0.01 alpha preview version when you just cannot judge, and might never update.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
In case you are referring to me, that wasn't meant as a negative. But generally within a thread you will find the players liking the game - others will move on to other games and threads - and more so for a game that is finished. So if you ask in a thread like this "is this game any good?" without qualifiers, the answer is bound to be "yes". From me as well, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

It would be different with qualifiers of course. If you say what you want, like BDSM, whoring out, whatever, then the answer could be more specific. (A bit of BDSM but pretty vanilla, still, also only with a few characters.)

Whereas I would not consider the (average) ratings a good measure. Sure, if it is 200+ with 4+ average, it's not a trainwreck, if it is 200+ with less than 2 it probably is. However, it is also important to deduce why it is this rating, so read some of the reviews for what they liked. Especially with new games because players will slam a game for "not having enough story content" in a 0.01 alpha preview version, or will give 5 stars for the fact that the readhead looks cute, also in a 0.01 alpha preview version when you just cannot judge, and might never update.
qualifiers... whereas... deduce..

I think the trainwreck is in my brain, wondering if I should hire a lawyer just for reading this!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
qualifiers... whereas... deduce..

I think the trainwreck is in my brain, wondering if I should hire a lawyer just for reading this!
Sorry, I am an ESL and sometimes the way you learned stuff will make you use uncommon words. Be happy that I at least lost most of my fantasy talk (Alas ...) ;)

Jun 8, 2022
So I know on his patreon he says the Man of the House is done, main - story wise. But is he still releasing extra scenes beyond the main story line, active on it? Or just focused on the new Mystwood Manor?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So I know on his patreon he says the Man of the House is done, main - story wise. But is he still releasing extra scenes beyond the main story line, active on it? Or just focused on the new Mystwood Manor?
No, MotH is completed, so he's not doing anything else with this game as he's in the process of finishing up with his other game -- Mystwood Manor -- to be released on Steam in September. We think he's going to be working on a new game after based off of MotH, but whether or not the same characters will be in the game remains to be seen. It's not expected to be a sequel.

Reactions: TheDevian

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
Since you are searching for cheats: I highly advise you NOT to use any savegame editors! You may be able to advance the stories of the girls but still-closed locations cannot be opened with them (at least so far). Possibility to get stuck is pretty high!

Reactions: ZenGarden and Sycho

barney1333

Jul 9, 2017
Since you are searching for cheats: I highly advise you NOT to use any savegame editors! You may be able to advance the stories of the girls but still-closed locations cannot be opened with them (at least so far). Possibility to get stuck is pretty high!
There are cheats on your phone, but blocked?

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes