ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, then it's 64. The computer started off as 64-bit with the original OS.

That is without the game running. My Firefox browser was open at the time, though, if that means anything. Here's what it looks like when the browser isn't running:

View attachment 1943969

And to answer a probable question about to be asked, yes, my browser was running at the time that I tried to play the game. I leave my browser open, but minimized, throughout the entire day whenever I'm not using it.
If FireFox is killing ALL of your available RAM like that, I would consider adding some.

Also, again: Your upgrade to Win 7 may NOT have been 64-bit (it doesn't automatically match the architecture of the CPU OR the prior OS version). This is important because a 64-bit version of Windows can handle more RAM than the 32-bit counterpart.

If it truly is 64, you can add some more RAM and MIGHT be able to play the game. As stated before, it should be pretty cheap to find 2x4Gb SO-DIMMS if they are available.

If it's 32, you MAX at 4Gb RAM total, so you won't gain much.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, then it's 64. The computer started off as 64-bit with the original OS.

That is without the game running. My Firefox browser was open at the time, though, if that means anything. Here's what it looks like when the browser isn't running:

View attachment 1943969

And to answer a probable question about to be asked, yes, my browser was running at the time that I tried to play the game. I leave my browser open, but minimized, throughout the entire day whenever I'm not using it.
Firefox has a bit of a memory leak, I suggest restarting it before you play at minimum.

colween

Oct 5, 2020
Hello,
I really like to play an replay this game, it's one of my favorites.
Since I don't like grind, I made a very little mod to play it without losing too much time (and without using cheat menu).

Features:
- Every positive action on NPC stats (love, respect...) gives you the maximum number of point this action is "allowed" to, the first time you do it.
(So you don't have to repeat an action until it doesn't give you points anymore).
- Money added x3 (just a multiplier)

I don't know if you guys will use it, but with it I can finally replay this game without feeling like a complete cheater :LOL:

I find the game more enjoyable this way, but it's a personal taste :)

Game version:
1.0.2c extra

Install:
backup (for uninstall) and replace Assembly-CSharp.dll in "man of the house_Data\Managed" folder.

Uninstall:
Replace the file by your backup.

Edit: removed, wild modding isn't a good idea

Last edited:
Reactions: fintovoz

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
Features:
- Every positive action on NPC stats (love, respect...) gives you the maximum number of point the first time you do it.
(So you don't have to repeat an action until it doesn't give you points anymore, but only if you want to do).
If you use stuff like that and just max out stats on the girls, you may never be able to visit them since some locations are opened by a trigger due to actions when you reach an exact point of a specific stat.
- Money added x3 (just a multiplier)
There's an "add money" button in the phone -> debug app already? This seems to be kind of useless :/

colween

Oct 5, 2020
If you use stuff like that and just max out stats on the girls, you may never be able to visit them since some locations are opened by a trigger due to actions when you reach an exact point of a specific stat.

There's an "add money" button in the phone -> debug app already? This seems to be kind of useless :/
I don't max out the stats, I only give the maximum number of points the current action is "allowed" to (I edited my post to be more specific).
I tested it, it seems to work since I use the game mechanic respect the current action stat limit.
For the money, you are right, but I prefer to work (less) to make money instead of using cheat menu.

Thanks for your comments btw :)

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't max out the stats, I only give the maximum number of points the current action is "allowed" to (I edited my post to be more specific).
I tested it, it seems to work since I use the game mechanic respect the current action stat limit.
For the money, you are right, but I prefer to work (less) to make money instead of using cheat menu.

Thanks for your comments btw :)
Sweet! So you won't mind fixing any bugs in players' saves this mod may cause? Because we'll refuse anyone who uses it any game/tech support.

colween

Oct 5, 2020
Sweet! So you won't mind fixing any bugs in players' saves this mod may cause? Because we'll refuse anyone who uses it any game/tech support.
The way it is done, I don't think it can do any harm in game saves or break anything, but you are right, I can't be sure unless I check the whole code.
I thought it would be a good idea to share it since I'm really enjoying the game more like this, but I was wrong obviously. So I'm removing it. Sorry, for the inconvenience, I love this game and I didn't want to spoil anything anyhow to anyone...
I may be a developer, but I'm newbie here so forgive me, I didn't meant to disrespect the work this game required.
Wild modding is bad, I get it now.
Next time I'll ask the blessing of the game creators before, I promise!

Cya

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The way it is done, I don't think it can do any harm in game saves or break anything, but you are right, I can't be sure unless I check the whole code.
I thought it would be a good idea to share it since I'm really enjoying the game more like this, but I was wrong obviously. So I'm removing it. Sorry, for the inconvenience, I love this game and I didn't want to spoil anything anyhow to anyone...
I may be a developer, but I'm newbie here so forgive me, I didn't meant to disrespect the work this game required.

Cya
We can't stop people from making mods for the games, but we have seen the issues they have caused in the past. Therefore we have a standing policy that anyone who uses an unsupported mod for this game or Faerin's current game, we will refuse to even look at their saves.

When it comes to MotH, OTOH, the girls' stats and flags are tied to the hints, so the slightest change to either one of the two (or even both) changes the hints and causes bugs in the saves.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Cya
As just a reader and non-team member: Don't take it the wrong way, the mod sounds like a decent idea and you seem to at least know that you cannot increase points infinitely. And it certainly is a nice idea to share it.

Why you've met so much resistance here is mostly because in many games on here - this one less so but Faerin's new project is a good example, but also many more like DeLuca and others - people post mods which break the game and those downloading them will blame the creator. Not the creator of the mod but the creator of the game. Often even the mod creator chimes in with lines of, and I kid you not, "sure, my mod introduced impossible values, but you should have safeguarded against that". And players would ask of Faerin (and by extension Sycho and some others working with him) how to fix an issue they don't even have access to in the code.

You certainly don't need the creator's blessing but it is a bit better with a larger project to open a mod thread so people will at least know where to find help. But there's no reason to feel bad at all.

colween

Oct 5, 2020
We can't stop people from making mods for the games, but we have seen the issues they have caused in the past. Therefore we have a standing policy that anyone who uses an unsupported mod for this game or Faerin's current game, we will refuse to even look at their saves.

When it comes to MotH, OTOH, the girls' stats and flags are tied to the hints, so the slightest change to either one of the two (or even both) changes the hints and causes bugs in the saves.
As just a reader and non-team member: Don't take it the wrong way, the mod sounds like a decent idea and you seem to at least know that you cannot increase points infinitely. And it certainly is a nice idea to share it.

Why you've met so much resistance here is mostly because in many games on here - this one less so but Faerin's new project is a good example, but also many more like DeLuca and others - people post mods which break the game and those downloading them will blame the creator. Not the creator of the mod but the creator of the game. Often even the mod creator chimes in with lines of, and I kid you not, "sure, my mod introduced impossible values, but you should have safeguarded against that". And players would ask of Faerin (and by extension Sycho and some others working with him) how to fix an issue they don't even have access to in the code.

You certainly don't need the creator's blessing but it is a bit better with a larger project to open a mod thread so people will at least know where to find help. But there's no reason to feel bad at all.
Thank you both for the explanations.
I don't take it the wrong way, far from it, but I can't help feeling bad about it. I feel like shit when I realize that I disrespected someone's work (even when it's unintentional), especially when it's about people/work I respect dearly.
Those discussions made me grow, no hard feelings.

Reactions: Cartageno and Sycho
Jan 25, 2018
Goddamn it, this looks like a great game and is very popular, but holy fuck I cannot get past the terrifying 3D models. What is it with these some of the designs that look so uncanny, I've seen some decent ones in other games but generally most characters look horrid.

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
requiring absolutely 100% of game achievements and the needless extra hassle of maxed out jealous and suspicion stats is too much requirement for the special ending. The ending should come with ending the story not collecting these minor fucking pictures in the god damn gallery

I got to the end and wasted 2 hours going through every scene i could think of and still have like 92% on emma and 94% on ashley and 96% on veronica and im just FUCKING TIRED OF THIS FUCKING GRIND. IM FUCKING DONE HERE.

im uninstalling without finishing because im just fuckin irritated at this shit. dev needs to be less fucking controlling in the future. there is no reason for this fuckin excessive requirement. if you wanted to award something for getting 100% across achievements it should be an extra set of cosplay pictures or something, literally anything other than the final ending of the game. this feels so fucking controlling. i dont need your hands on my dick to deserve to see the final fucking ending. what a god damn let down

and INb4 one of you cunts say "download the save data" cuz you can simply GFY

final rating: 3 out of 5

• Angry
Reactions: oracle255 and Bev_
4.20 star(s) 255 Votes