Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My save got bugged and it's really annoying. I finished the Debby questline before I finished sophias, so now she wont watch me play tennis and i cant raise her stats anymore. Her hint also disappeared, and the mall dress contest can never happen
Did you make any changes to the flags or stats in the save, use an online save editor, cheat engine or mod?

Reactions: TheDevian

dudebro1199

Formerly 'FartSucker331'
Jun 29, 2022
Did you make any changes to the flags or stats in the save, use an online save editor, cheat engine or mod?
not at all, i had to afterwards tho to get her events to pop up again. had to skip like most of them though which annoyed me

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
not at all, i had to afterwards tho to get her events to pop up again. had to skip like most of them though which annoyed me
Unfortunately, since you made changes in the save - which weren't supposed to be altered (unless by someone from our team) - you've added bugs to your save which will persist throughout the game, and we can't offer support for obvious reasons.

Your only two options now are to either start a new game, or use one of the saves from 0.8.2 - 1.0.2c and this time, please do not make any changes to the save unless directed to do so by one of Faerin's staff.

dudebro1199

Formerly 'FartSucker331'
Jun 29, 2022
Unfortunately, since you made changes in the save - which weren't supposed to be altered (unless by someone from our team) - you've added bugs to your save which will persist throughout the game, and we can't offer support for obvious reasons.

Your only two options now are to either start a new game, or use one of the saves from 0.8.2 - 1.0.2c and this time, please do not make any changes to the save unless directed to do so by one of Faerin's staff.
i believe the bug was caused by finishing debby's questline before sophias. sophia was scared of seeing debby again at the tennis courts so she wouldn't watch me play, which is what i needed to do for her scores to rise, i hadn't edited the saves until after the bug stopped my progression with sophia

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i believe the bug was caused by finishing debby's questline before sophias. sophia was scared of seeing debby again at the tennis courts so she wouldn't watch me play, which is what i needed to do for her scores to rise, i hadn't edited the saves until after the bug stopped my progression with sophia
The problem is, the save was still edited. I have no idea what stat(s) or flag(s) was/were modified in order to be able to go into the save to fix it. That is why we don't support saves that were manually altered unless one of us instruct players on what to change. Any manipulation you do to the save, whether it be a stat or flag will change the hints you see (or don't see) as the hints are heavily based on that, i.e; the hints are stat driven. All it takes is one stat or flag to be changed and you throw the hints off (displaying an incorrect hint) or they disappear completely from the tracking bar. I've seen this happen hundreds of times over the years because of that.

So your only options are to either start a new game or use one of the saves that are on our Discord.

Reactions: undefiniert

dudebro1199

Formerly 'FartSucker331'
Jun 29, 2022
The problem is, the save was still edited. I have no idea what stat(s) or flag(s) was/were modified in order to be able to go into the save to fix it. That is why we don't support saves that were manually altered unless one of us instruct players on what to change. Any manipulation you do to the save, whether it be a stat or flag will change the hints you see (or don't see) as the hints are heavily based on that, i.e; the hints are stat driven. All it takes is one stat or flag to be changed and you throw the hints off (displaying an incorrect hint) or they disappear completely from the tracking bar. I've seen this happen hundreds of times over the years because of that.

So your only options are to either start a new game or use one of the saves that are on our Discord.
oh sorry i should've been more clear, i'm not asking for help i was just making people aware of the bug so it can get fixed. i finished the game apart from that and had a good time

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
oh sorry i should've been more clear, i'm not asking for help i was just making people aware of the bug so it can get fixed. i finished the game apart from that and had a good time
The only bugs in the game that I am aware of (having been on the team since MotH v0.8.2 in 2018) is where some players won't often get a text message from Ashley about going to the mall on Saturday for the fashion contest. The flag for that is still triggered anyway and they can't progress, and to this day we still don't know what causes this to happen. The other happens after Megan, Kathy, Cassie and Linda were removed prior to the Steam release in October of 2019. Players using a save with their names showing up on the phone will show a red "X" in General achievement #2 "Getting acquainted" even after they've already met those girls. But we know which flags to fix for those problems.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Apart from the fact that the game probably won't get any updates/fixes anymore whatsoever, since it has been finished for years, fixing an issue that can be avoided by the game but only occur when somebody fiddles with the game or save files themselves would open a huge can of worms because there probably are innumerable cases of these, and even fixing the known ones would be of use to hardly any player who is just playing the game.

dudebro1199

Formerly 'FartSucker331'
Jun 29, 2022
Apart from the fact that the game probably won't get any updates/fixes anymore whatsoever, since it has been finished for years, fixing an issue that can be avoided by the game but only occur when somebody fiddles with the game or save files themselves would open a huge can of worms because there probably are innumerable cases of these, and even fixing the known ones would be of use to hardly any player who is just playing the game.
i didn't edit the files at all when the bug happened, only after it happened to try to salvage the save as a last resort. i knew that my game was gonna be fucked when i edited the save

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes