deluges

Dec 28, 2018
I'm curious... who the fuck in the game is Kelly Forger? She keeps being mentioned as being Manila's friend but I cannot recall ever interacting with her. Seems bizarre to me.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This game has me a bit conflicted. I hate RPGM in general, but I like the storyline for this game and the renders are good. I just wish it was a VN or a Unity game instead...

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
This game has me a bit conflicted. I hate RPGM in general, but I like the storyline for this game and the renders are good. I just wish it was a VN or a Unity game instead...
The combat is the only reason this game wouldn't work in ren'py. I mostly surrender after the first fight, so ultimately it could work if we were just given options on whether to win or lose, but that's kind of silly, so I get the rpgm shit, but it could do without a lot of the tedious nonsense like the showers and the animation every time we change clothes, etc. The dev could streamline the fuck out of this. There's a lot of content so it's not like it would be threadbare by removing the time-wasting garbage.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
This fight relies on luck, not abilities. You can lose 3 times in a row, other time you can win with ease. The hardest fight (before I stated using cheats) was with black bodyguard of Derek. (if you wear casual clothes during first conversation with him).
I never lost the J. Blue fight. You first take out the big guy, then J.Blue and then the karate dude. Simple as that.

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
so has anyone actually defeated paradise in the apartment? I've tried 15 times and I cannot beat him. is it seriously just RNG?
Guard is important: sure but He shoots me three times right after so I take about the same amount of Damage as 2 regular hits regardless *shrug*
I just got to this and holy shit, everything I do misses. Kind of insane.

Edit: I realized my problem. I didn't have a pistol equipped and was still using Fist I. First move, use Kami, then keep shooting him. Heal yourself, use Kami again, keep shooting him. It was pretty easy once I had the right shit equipped. Got lucky with an excellent hit on the second guy and he went down in three turns.

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Defeat paradise and the other guy in the apartment and then go to park and then defeat paradise again and choose the red option to kill him and that how you you will get spy sex 1.
When do you fight Paradise? Is that the scene where michael got knocked out and you and Jason have to search the buillding? I thought the guy was named Jay(?)..

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
When do you fight Paradise? Is that the scene where michael got knocked out and you and Jason have to search the buillding? I thought the guy was named Jay(?)..
Nah it's a bit past that, it's from the update before this one, I believe. It's after you break into the facility.

Reactions: PalmFace

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
Out of curiosity, who did your Manila get pregnant with? Mine was with Storm and considering that John Doe was immediately after that... it could've been worse, though getting knocked up by Paradise would've been delightfully fucked up.

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
The combat is the only reason this game wouldn't work in ren'py. I mostly surrender after the first fight, so ultimately it could work if we were just given options on whether to win or lose, but that's kind of silly, so I get the rpgm shit, but it could do without a lot of the tedious nonsense like the showers and the animation every time we change clothes, etc. The dev could streamline the fuck out of this. There's a lot of content so it's not like it would be threadbare by removing the time-wasting garbage.
Actually you don't have to shower every time.

In order to speed walking or changing clothes animations (not counting the video animations, sadly) I use a speed hack for RPG Maker MV, it helps in moving the plot forward without as much tediousness.

Reactions: deluges

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Nah it's a bit past that, it's from the update before this one, I believe. It's after you break into the facility.
Oh I see. Do I have to defeat the robot or how do I fight paradise? I don´t think I fought him, when the robot beat me..

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
Oh I see. Do I have to defeat the robot or how do I fight paradise? I don´t think I fought him, when the robot beat me..
I beat 666 both times, but I actually don't think it matters. The next day you get a case to help Jason and Michael, and then I think the day after that Storm gives you a case to go talk to Benny and that's when you run into Paradise.

Reactions: PalmFace

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
I beat 666 both times, but I actually don't think it matters. The next day you get a case to help Jason and Michael, and then I think the day after that Storm gives you a case to go talk to Benny and that's when you run into Paradise.
In the grand scheme of things probably it doesn't matter but you can reach next level faster if you win all the fights and thus have rng in your favor when it comes to future fighting.

3.60 star(s) 91 Votes