alinoris

Jun 15, 2023
For everyone saying that the fights are too hard, the combat system is bad, etc...

On my 1st playthrough (Manila was basicly "good"), I couldn't beat Stan (the guy in the train with the machineguns) so I got stuck...and I was quite angry ^^
Then I realized/remembered that this is an RPG and the key to win the fights in every RPG is getting good equip of course, but above all LEVELING UP.

The 1st time I think I was level 17 when the team leaves to protect Grace and this level was simply too low.

The 2nd time, after restarting the game, I tried to get more exp, by questing (ofc), by fighting the androids daily, when they become available, and above all from the fights in the arena (speaking of which...this is the way to get a looootttt of money daily, once you become queen).

Now, when in my playthroughs I get to the train (or even a bit before, in the motel) I'm always at least level 20/21/22 (one time even 23)...and well, let's say that, if you manage to hit level 22, you're almost in God Mode, lol (just remember to level up every time it's possible, by getting gifts from Santa, from Kendra's offering, from your 1st pregnancy and from some quests).

If you choose to be a "bad cop", things are generally easier...but even being a good one isn't that hard, if you actually "play the game" and don't simply rush for the sex scenes.

I hope this post will help someone to enjoy more this great (imho) game and sorry if it's too long (my post, not the game, lol!) ^^

Cecylia

Oct 9, 2020
For example let's take a look at first encounter. When she defeats J.Blue, she have 2 options. Kill him or arrest him. According to information, we know about Manila, she is a good cop, who tries to make right decisions. That's why she obviously chose to arrest him. But then J.Blue suggests her 5000$, and Manila recalls, that she has 2000$ debts. She understands, that taking a bribe is not a good idea, but overdue rent is a bad thing too. That's why she decides to take a bribe, confirming that main game's title is Manila' weak spot. She always gets in blackmail situations and she can't avoid them. Because that's her destiny
This is where you made a mistake. If she is a good policewoman, she shouldn't accept a bribe even if she has financial problems. If she accepts a bribe, it means that she is a corrupt policewoman or is just starting down the path of corruption. As for killing J.Blue, my point is that Manila shouldn't risk her life trying to incapacitate J.Blue and arrest him because it's too risky so the most sensible choice is to just shoot him and in a normal world it would be 100% justified.

Nov 8, 2023
This is where you made a mistake. If she is a good policewoman, she shouldn't accept a bribe even if she has financial problems. If she accepts a bribe, it means that she is a corrupt policewoman or is just starting down the path of corruption. As for killing J.Blue, my point is that Manila shouldn't risk her life trying to incapacitate J.Blue and arrest him because it's too risky so the most sensible choice is to just shoot him and in a normal world it would be 100% justified.
That's her job to risk her life and to save other people. She is a policewoman. I know, that she shouldn't accept a bribe, but the point is that killing somebody is worse than taking a bribe, okay? There is no need to kill J.Blue, coz she can just arrest him.but there is need to take a bribe, because she has financial problems

Jan 13, 2021
If somebody wants to Start all over....i ve added a new modified save file. U will start in front of the Store, next to Manila Appartement. Basically ur first Task. U will Start with 1.000.000 Credits and 1000 HP/MP.

Just download the zip File, unpack it and put the files in your save folder. This File uses Saveslot Number 2 in your Game.

Have fun :D

Dan68

Aug 4, 2019
Is it at all possible to get past the 2nd subway fight against ice firing girl (Margot) and the tag along Leo?
Has anybody gone past this stage - it seems that Manila is always slated to lose this fight no matter what.

Last edited:

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
For those of you, who like me, are stuck in some alternate dimension with no open portal, I feel your pain. The past two or three updates have gone nowhere and all I can say is...well, I don't know what to say other than I'm over it. I'll pick it up again in a year or so and see if there's a conclusion in sight. Let's march elsewhere.....

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
there is not even the sleep icon that tells that the update is at its end soooo bugfix please???

instead the quest tells you to go through the portal to continiue the mission......

Reactions: Sorter

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
there are routes in the game. only one is being developed, u have to win in battles, after defeating Leo and Margot > don't side with Simon > follow the plan > save your friends > don't enter the space-time portal > u can play latest update.
if u choose to enter the portal or chose the other option than " follow the plan", there's little content with John Doe but that route isn't the one being developed right now.

Cecylia

Oct 9, 2020
That's her job to risk her life and to save other people. She is a policewoman. I know, that she shouldn't accept a bribe, but the point is that killing somebody is worse than taking a bribe, okay? There is no need to kill J.Blue, coz she can just arrest him.but there is need to take a bribe, because she has financial problems
Why worse? It's her job to protect innocent people. I am not saying that Manila should go around and kill every criminal, because in many situations that Manila finds itself in, it is enough to arrest the criminal because no one is in danger of losing their life. In the situation with J.Blue, he is pointing the gun at Manila, so this is already a threat to her life, so the most reasonable choice is to shoot him. I would like to remind you that accepting a bribe is corruption xD

Cecylia

Oct 9, 2020
If you're tired of fighting or want to change Manila's stats, here's the cheats :3

Go to > > scroll down slightly > Downloads > Download: GitHub > Unpack with Winrar or SevenZip > Copy the contents of the Cheat_Menu folder and paste to the folder where it is located Game.exe of the game Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession > now run MVPluginPatcher.exe > Done you can now enjoy the cheats, to open the menu just press 1

Reactions: lolek420
3.60 star(s) 91 Votes