hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Well, his other game just got an update, so maybe he decided two games was one too many?
His other game King's Tale did recently get an update of 0.6, which was a very promising update. He doesn't plan on continuing the Man's Best Friend series anymore, he made a post confirming that in this thread. I recall he said he was going to have someone else continue the project.

Here is his quoted post.
Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I will transfer the source code of the game to someone else so he can finish this game. That's all folks it was a good one

Reactions: OverLord gamer

dp14153

Mar 26, 2021
King's Tale is a VN while Man's Best Friend was a game. Not sure why he would include a beta of a new game in King's Tale instead of continuing with Man's Best Friend, but I'm not planning getting sucked into that game just for him to drop it like he did with Man's Best Friend.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
King's Tale is a VN while Man's Best Friend was a game. Not sure why he would include a beta of a new game in King's Tale instead of continuing with Man's Best Friend, but I'm not planning getting sucked into that game just for him to drop it like he did with Man's Best Friend.
So you are doubting the developer? Well, I must say King's Tales most recent update was very promising, if you haven't checked it out yet, you should. :) AdultKing himself has been rather busy perfecting his games. Although he was gone for awhile, that doesn't mean you should put doubt on him. He still makes good updates for his games, however Man's best friend he probably will not continue, since he has already stated that he is handing the source code to someone else to finish the game. Henceforth, you need to understand and scrutinize one important factor. Developers take time making their games, and the reason as to why they take so long to release updates is because they have to run beta tests of the game beforehand. The purpose of beta testing is testing the game for bugs. Furthermore, games require a team of writers and coders to help develop the game. Finding writers and coders is a tedious process, but devs do what they do best to make amends.

• Haha
Reactions: BachelorChow

dp14153

Mar 26, 2021
that doesn't mean you should put doubt on him
Why, what has he done to show that we shouldn't doubt him?

He led people on for the longest time that he was still working on Man's Best Friend; that he was changing from Ren'Py to Unity, was bringing on someone to work with him on it, was going back to updating everything to Unity, that it wasn't dead.......and NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!

Sure, he sporadically make updates to "King's Tale" but everything else that he said was happening to Man's Best Friend, never happened! Then all of a sudden he has a beta of a new game that is using Ren'Py and sandbox like Man's Best Friend!??! Like, wtf was the whole switch to Unity if it was supposed to be better and then never doing so, and for the longest time saying that he was going to continue with Man's Best Friend?

So am I doubting the developer? Yes, because he hasn't shown any reason why we shouldn't doubt him.

Henceforth, you need to understand and scrutinize one important factor. Developers take time making their games, and the reason as to why they take so long to release updates is because they have to run beta tests of the game beforehand. The purpose of beta testing is testing the game for bugs.
I work in tech, I am very aware of software development lifecycle and QAing of software. But the amount of updates that he has produced in the over 2+ years that I have been following him is laughable, I've seen plenty of other solo developers (Caribdis, NeonGhost, Nefastus, Perverteer just to name a few) who have continued to provide quality updates without abandoning their games.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Why? it looks good as is in my opinion. why make it larger? I suppose I can put it in my signature.
Well, i'd like to see a version that is not thumbnail-sized or higher resolution. If you can provide a source or link instead, it would be great.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Well, i'd like to see a version that is not thumbnail-sized or higher resolution. If you can provide a source or link instead, it would be great.
I understand now what you were saying. I can put the picture in my signature and expand the picture, but I need to firstly figure out how to do that. My avatar's size is 400 x 400 pixels for both width and height. reason being, is because that is the only way to make sure it fits perfectly without being stretched or disoriented.

Reactions: Sonico

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I understand now what you were saying. I can put the picture in my signature and expand the picture, but I need to firstly figure out how to do that. My avatar's size is 400 x 400 pixels for both width and height. reason being, is because that is the only way to make sure it fits perfectly without being stretched or disoriented.
Took me some fighting with the Chrome, but finally got it to identify a source for me. No idea about artist's name, just that is AI-generated art done with Mizar and the character is Hu Tao from Genshin Impact.

Reactions: hu lover

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Took me some fighting with the Chrome, but finally got it to identify a source for me. No idea about artist's name, just that is AI-generated art done with Mizar and the character is Hu Tao from Genshin Impact.
Yes, you are correct. it is truly a masterpiece, and i admire great artwork. :D

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
That's because a VN has less work, unlike a non-VN game.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes