Aug 30, 2019
hmm ,so , if that is a bugfix pach, it mean a full update will come in next days?i do not complain , but u respond me about 2 month ago that update will come every 2 monts, and we are nearly there ,soooo? i just cant wait for update :)))

AdultKing

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
A question, if you don't have much free time, what was the point of starting so many things at once ? You started with the game, then you started a comic, now you made a separate game compatible with Patreon rules and on top of that you're saying you have a job. I can't understand devs like you that start so many things and after that they complain they don't have time to do them. The problem here is that YOU made it harder for you to work on this project.

I was having so much hope for this game...
I've started the new job last week :)
Because of those damn Patreon rules we need to have something on Patreon it's a pain in the ass but we will succeed don't worry 0.4 is on the way
And about the comics I love creating small comics so it's my thing haha
thanks!!!! I miss two replay in the gallery (G#25 and D#03), could you help me? thx!!!!
Could you post a screenshot pls
Mac version doesn't work??
Mac version should work I don't own a Mac myself so can't test it what does the error say when you try to launch it?

Mar 10, 2018
A question, if you don't have much free time, what was the point of starting so many things at once ? You started with the game, then you started a comic, now you made a separate game compatible with Patreon rules and on top of that you're saying you have a job. I can't understand devs like you that start so many things and after that they complain they don't have time to do them. The problem here is that YOU made it harder for you to work on this project.

I was having so much hope for this game...
I can't understand players like you either, so perhaps it is fair. The second game is solely because of Patreon rules and them threatening to permanently take down his site, which frankly King does need actual money to continue improving his hardware. MBF, though now fully separated from that Patreon out of necessity, is still his and the team's primary focus and love. Also, remember that it is not just him but three team members that help him as well (me included) on this game. So that while he was working on comics to improve render quality, we were working our asses off going through thousands of renders and many more thousand lines of text to start to revamp the dialogue, improve the text, and add a completely new option of narration for the whole game. So while we were working on that he did a couple of comics because one he really loves doing it and two he is working hard to improve the quality of his images for this game. So no, we did not make anything harder and instead have continued to work on this no matter what has been thrown at us.

I know firsthand that there are many games on here that are true disappointments due to valid concerns, but please do not transfer those experiences and feelings to this unfairly. We have worked our asses off, I assure you, and everyone involved loves this game and continues to dedicate as much time to this as possible (for free essentially).

And really...I can't wrap my head around the fact you included his job in how he has supposedly made it "harder" for himself. Like he is supposed to live off internet likes and praise for a free game. God forbid he tries to make sure he has food to eat. Heck, if you would pay for my rent, chemo, groceries, insurance, gas, etc. then I would gladly quit my job and spend every second on this game. I'm sure everyone on this team would as well.

May 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/0.3/supriseforrexanimation00.mp4'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 999, in script call
  File "myscreenscripts.rpyc", line 1034, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 1801, in script call
  File "h_scenes.rpyc", line 6564, in script
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\display\core.py", line 3130, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.interact()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1107, in interact
    periodic()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mans Best Friend 0.31
Sun Sep 06 20:05:11 2020

AdmiralHipperBG

Apr 12, 2018
And really...I can't wrap my head around the fact you included his job in how he has supposedly made it "harder" for himself. Like he is supposed to live off internet likes and praise for a free game. God forbid he tries to make sure he has food to eat. Heck, if you would pay for my rent, chemo, groceries, insurance, gas, etc. then I would gladly quit my job and spend every second on this game. I'm sure everyone on this team would as well.
Tell me, where did i wrote that he must NOT have a job ?

katkatkaekae

Mar 19, 2019
Ok I don't know what is the update for this version?? which mean no update story?? just change the backgound and etc....

Mar 10, 2018
Tell me, where did i wrote that he must NOT have a job ?
That is your response? Okay, in that case, tell me where I wrote that it was EXACTLY what you wrote.

I wrote a detailed response to your concerns and included the job just as you included it in your original post. In other words, the job was part of how King, and him alone, has made it "harder" on himself. As you said, "and on top of that you're saying you have a job. I can't understand devs like you that start so many things and after that they complain they don't have time to do them. The problem here is that YOU made it harder for you to work on this project." I did not misrepresent your words, merely gave them the appropriate measure and then responded to them. I addressed every single point you brought up, the job being but one of them. Then your response is then to push it back on me in regards to one tiny aspect that I did not misrepresent while ignoring the rest of what I addressed?

AdultKing

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 999, in script call
  File "myscreenscripts.rpyc", line 1034, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 1801, in script call
  File "h_scenes.rpyc", line 6564, in script
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\display\core.py", line 3130, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.interact()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1107, in interact
    periodic()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "D:\Patreon\Bestiality\AdultKing\MansBestFriend 0.31 PC\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mans Best Friend 0.31
Sun Sep 06 20:05:11 2020
Did you encounter this issue when playing or playing the gallery? and what windows version are you

manXone

Oct 22, 2019
I've started the new job last week :)
Because of those damn Patreon rules we need to have something on Patreon it's a pain in the ass but we will succeed don't worry 0.4 is on the way
And about the comics I love creating small comics so it's my thing haha

Could you post a screenshot pls

Mac version should work I don't own a Mac myself so can't test it what does the error say when you try to launch it?
are there real footjob scenes or will you introduce them? ( with cum on feet )

AdmiralHipperBG

Apr 12, 2018
That is your response? Okay, in that case, tell me where I wrote that it was EXACTLY what you wrote.

I wrote a detailed response to your concerns and included the job just as you included it in your original post. In other words, the job was part of how King, and him alone, has made it "harder" on himself. As you said, "and on top of that you're saying you have a job. I can't understand devs like you that start so many things and after that they complain they don't have time to do them. The problem here is that YOU made it harder for you to work on this project." I did not misrepresent your words, merely gave them the appropriate measure and then responded to them. I addressed every single point you brought up, the job being but one of them. Then your response is then to push it back on me in regards to one tiny aspect that I did not misrepresent while ignoring the rest of what I addressed?
When you have a job and you start a side project ( for fun ) and you add more and more points in your fun project it's not a side project anymore. It's a full time job. And when you have two full time jobs you can't work on them at the same time. You have to decide what is more important for you ( ofc it'll be the job you make more money ).

My point is that if you want to have a fun project, don't make it complicated.

Herr4Share

Apr 1, 2017
When you have a job and you start a side project ( for fun ) and you add more and more points in your fun project it's not a side project anymore. It's a full time job. And when you have two full time jobs you can't work on them at the same time. You have to decide what is more important for you ( ofc it'll be the job you make more money ).

My point is that if you want to have a fun project, don't make it complicated.
Man, take the L and move on with your life. No one's forcing you to play a free game that has a dev whose (very reasonable) lifestyle you clearly disagree with.

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
Thoughts on updates since last played:

• Ah, now I see why this felt so different than compared to the 1st go I did during the demo. (first release) Went from a VN to a sandbox adventure, ehh, not a fan of sandbox stuff. Too much meaningless direction you can go, which leads to wasting time, a precious commodity for any game.
  • A lot more choices, a lot more scenes, mostly good, but the time i spent wandering about was a little frustrating.
  • It's a really odd the dog changes models, don't know what this is about, probably gets explained later, but the golden lab look is not doing it for me. That's a goofy mutt, not a solider. (Yes I know Golden Retrievers/ Labs are also smart, but pitted against a German Shepard and they gonna lose)
  • Overall I'm not excited at seeing where this is going anymore. Before I was hoping for a simple good dog/ bad dog pathing, easy to follow story, and the clicking was limited to some multiple choice questions. Now, we got this. Not the path I was looking for, but I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes