3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Maybe you're right and it's really because I'm concentrating on something other than the actual thing, but the problem is and was that I had scheduled a voting and every supporter could decide, maou-sama, deadlocked or do what you want, to be honest, the voting was a disaster, either no one uses discord or the supporters just don't feel like voting.
Anyway, the cut for "keep on deadlocked" was about 50%, 30% said do what you want and 20% was for maou-sama, so I finally said I'll finish deadlocked first and then go all out focus on maou-sama, everyone agreed.

until today no one has said that I should bring another maou-sama update, it is general that there is hardly any feedback or suggestions, so I will continue.
Now it's like this, deadlocked gets 2 more updates then it's done, so I think it would be even worse if I pushed that aside and just continued with maou-sama?

As I said, my discord is open and I'm always there, if someone has suggestions they are welcome to write them to me, but if nobody does, I just think everyone is happy.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Now it's like this, deadlocked gets 2 more updates then it's done, so I think it would be even worse if I pushed that aside and just continued with maou-sama?
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I'm just being patient and waiting.
But my only suggestion would be to get this thread marked as "On Hold" until you do get back to it. Since it isn't, people can easily get upset -- this really should've been done months ago when that decision was made. But, better late than never, right?
Edit: You did that for Tubby, so I've never understood why MS wasn't.
FWIW, DIT is on my "ignore" list, it was so much _not_ what I was even interested in. But I've always understood that MS & Tubby were just your "do it for fun" games and DIT was your core focus. (Just disappointed.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I'm just being patient and waiting.
But my only suggestion would be to get this thread marked as "On Hold" until you do get back to it. Since it isn't, people can easily get upset -- this really should've been done months ago when that decision was made. But, better late than never, right?
Edit: You did that for Tubby, so I've never understood why MS wasn't.
FWIW, DIT is on my "ignore" list, it was so much _not_ what I was even interested in. But I've always understood that MS & Tubby were just your "do it for fun" games and DIT was your core focus. (Just disappointed.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tubby is my Thread, MS or DiT not.
But I did a Announcement at Discord, since you are not there, after Christmas we start with working on D22

Reactions: pgm_01

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
MS as been gone a long time, you need to do something to bring it back, dit has obviously lost you subscribers, and still causing you to loose them, it makes sense to me, to do an update to MS asap. It's up to you, but if your wanting to get new subs and not loose more I would make what they are subbing for in the first place.
BlueCat who created Ecchi Sensei left a really bad taste in people's mouths when after making 3 weeks in his game, and under very different circumstances suddenly wanted to make changes, and wanted to combine everything together. To date after 18 or so months and a broken update which was done to prevent his work from being abandoned on here.
With no end in sight of him ever continuing it, with broken promises etc.
You have done a lot of work on MS just as much him if not even more, people haven't forgotten BC and unfortunately for you, people are seeing you in the same light has him. Sure you might be making another game, but it's not the game subscribers subscribed to you for and it's obviously the reason they voted with their wallets and stopped subbing you.
It might seem like a great idea to have a vote, but in hindsight it's done a lot of damage to your subscriber numbers, and continuing to loose them obviously needs arresting, and gaining new subscribers or some of your old subscribers back. There is literally only one thing you can do and should have been doing from the start.
I am sure it must have been very conflicting that you are trying to flesh out this universe your creating and your trying to lay some kind of foundation, but it's pretty obvious the thing you should have been doing until it was complete or passed onto another sequel.
While it might seem tempting to just do those 2 remaining updates, personally I would refrain from doing them, and concentrate on the more important thing to you right now, which benefits you and your subscribers, and that is to get a MS update out next.
It's been gone a long time, you need to get the game back out there, so people know your really still developing MS.
Imagine what your original subscribers must have thought when you back tracked and decided to make a new game, with no new updates in sight for the game they where subbing you for, helping you financially to make the game, all they got was something they didn't want, which was you not continuing to update MS.
You need to put DiT either on the back burner and create a new MS update which can only help you in the long run with your subscribers (will help greatly in keeping your current subscribers) and gets MS back out there, with the promise of more updates, or you can do what some solo developers have done and continue to do, which is develop both together. Or you could develop both together, so you can get both updates out there for both games, that then leaves you with just one more DiT update, which you do alongside MS again, then you go to MS and work on that until it's complete or moves into / onto a sequel. You will get more subscribers this way. I would also suggest you move over to sub star where there is no censorship and draconian rules. Westy is doing magnificently on sub star uncensored and so you can you, but it has to be MS build up trust again and then you should be able to keep same subscribers as you go forward and gain more along the way. Thus your problems go away at least financially as you posted.
See you type out a long post like this but no one who has left Neko to this point has said anything. Not telling the Dev why you stop does not change their path.

You brought up BC I was a support of BC. The month one super file was always part of the plan he planned it for a long time but could not deliver on just making the file a combo of the first month. BC wanted to add features he thought should have been there that he cut to get the game out. BC unlike Neko did not and does not listen to his supporters. We told him just get the main file out add features later but no now was the time to add them. 12 months in told to just get the file out and start on new content, nope it is just a quick thing it will be out by September. October rolls around loses massive subs, Lost me months before, told again to get out the main file and work on new content but ignored the supporters again.

Neko has asked the supporters and gets crickets. So comparing the two is wrong.

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Here are some of my Preview Art's from the upcoming Week 4,
atm I write D22 and I can say atm, this will be a big start, more News you find in my Discord.
Anyway, D22 show's you many old characters from all 3 Weeks and I tell you with the story some Elements to understand the whole Plot more.

The Base Menu is almost finished from me, the story will take some more days (atm 13k words)
please be patient but I will start maybe next week with the renders.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
The full game is now at 11GB, (Week 1 3GB, Week 2 4GB, Week 3 4GB)
and I think Week 4 will get 4-5GB too, idk if anyone want to download so much
Well I do. Even Downloaded Ecchi Sensai week one and that is a really big file. Though it does mees with the people that play on Android because the file size is limited.

Evil-Neko

Jun 26, 2020
Well I do. Even Downloaded Ecchi Sensai week one and that is a really big file. Though it does mees with the people that play on Android because the file size is limited.
why play the pc version on android? there are android ports

anyway, it is how it is, many dev's doing it this way, many not

Angelofdeath21

Feb 6, 2021
Maybe you're right and it's really because I'm concentrating on something other than the actual thing, but the problem is and was that I had scheduled a voting and every supporter could decide, maou-sama, deadlocked or do what you want, to be honest, the voting was a disaster, either no one uses discord or the supporters just don't feel like voting.
Anyway, the cut for "keep on deadlocked" was about 50%, 30% said do what you want and 20% was for maou-sama, so I finally said I'll finish deadlocked first and then go all out focus on maou-sama, everyone agreed.

until today no one has said that I should bring another maou-sama update, it is general that there is hardly any feedback or suggestions, so I will continue.

As I said, my discord is open and I'm always there, if someone has suggestions they are welcome to write them to me, but if nobody does, I just think everyone is happy.
Just take your time. I can't speak for the others, but I'm grateful for all that you've done thus far. I understand that given the drop of support and the lack of feedback from the community, it becomes harder to focus on a project, both financially and motivationally, even harder if multiple projects are being tackled as you've done for years now. I'll be looking forward to future updates of both Maou-Sama and Deadlocked in Time. Make sure to try find some stability first, and then continue on developing the games as circumstances allow. I, and many others I'm sure, will be waiting for once things come back.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
I suggest playing this game while under the influence. That's the only way you can trick you brain into thinking this makes any sense.

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes