3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

fr45

Dec 25, 2017
I love OP Characters in Animes like Momonga, he is the best in my eyes and I hope he destroys everything ^^
I am a bit too tired (somehow managed to get a nasty cold) to form a proper post explaining my point of view, but I will try.

In the beginning of Overlord big amount of time is spent to set the scene, explaining who is Momonga and how everything that surrounds him came to be.

In the Maou Sama we have frequent mentions of 'oh hey dude you are the last male person in the universe' (or smth like that). However, protagonist starts as a seemingly regular guy in a (seemingly) regular world. I find in hard to believe that he would not notice the fact that he is the only boy in town. Yet no comments are made on that part. Our character spends negligible amount of time thinking about what is going on (forgoing the opportunity to explain to reader and to build setting) and he does not make an impression of a protagonist, the hero of the story. He is just along for the ride. Story at this moment is more about Alexandra (or what's her face) than about anyone else.

It is good to hear that player returns to the school.
However why the heck we had to sit through the student introductions only to be immediately whisked away?
This is not even the case of "hey a guy on the internet does not like it", it's just bad scenario writing.
One does not introduce characters to immediately drop them off-screen and introduce game-changing plot twist.
Not to mention that such turn of events ridicules the whole idea of protagonist being placed as a 'director' of academy.
It is supposed to be a position of some importance. And yet...

As for " What interaction you want? " - I don't know, how about refusing someone's advances? Something as basic as having a say in who shags you? Apparently, it is too much.

You say this is 'still a novel'. Yet I do not see 'kinetic' tag. Perhaps it should be added.

That is not to say that there are only things I don't like.
This game has things I like, for example some very sweet moments and some unusual and interesting characters.
However, I can't properly enjoy them right now, because of the reasons I mentioned above.
And maybe I will like it in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: TundraLupus

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
As for " What interaction you want? " - I don't know, how about refusing someone's advances? Something as basic as having a say in who shags you? Apparently, it is too much.
To play the devil's advocate here, you sorta kinda do in bundles. For the most part you can skip every side-path and just string along with the main story, or follow only the ones you like. Is it enough? Probably not, but it is there. For what it's worth, there should be some distinct grander pathing down the line as well.

With what I do agree though is that the constant and rapid change of scenery feels disjointed at times. On one hand it maybe invokes a sense of urgency, but on the other hand I sure as hell wouldn't mind exercising my directorial duties in the school for a bit.

ulix

May 13, 2018
I uused version day 10 patched and I have follow error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'portrait/Julia2.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'portrait/Julia2.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "d9.rpyc", line 2259, in script
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Download\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc (1)\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maou-Sama Week 2 0.3.5
Wed Sep 23 21:41:02 2020

Wombelo

Jul 28, 2017
Yeah you can just ignore it, it is only the first scene for like 5 times when Julia is talking. After that everything is fine.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
trans? what's with the trans? side character? what's going on with her?
They were one of the teachers at the school, I forget if she's just a futa or if you get to pick if she's trans(has a dck), futa(has both), or just a woman. I believe there was only 1 scene with her before the boat event and we got whisked away to meet the new batch of characters.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
They were one of the teachers at the school, I forget if she's just a futa or if you get to pick if she's trans(has a dck), futa(has both), or just a woman. I believe there was only 1 scene with her before the boat event and we got whisked away to meet the new batch of characters.
so not much with her.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Can someone please confirm if it is optional to make her just a normal woman.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'portrait/Julia2.png'>:

Full traceback:
  File "d9.rpyc", line 2259, in script
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Agames\Harem Games\MaouSama\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maou-Sama Week 2 0.3.5
Wed Sep 23 17:32:30 2020

NPC041188

Oct 23, 2019
the opening with the faries talking, and whenever Julia came on screen it always says "An Exception Has occured" while loading the images

top_1404

Feb 10, 2018
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'p_d9_choice02'.

Full traceback:
File "d9.rpyc", line 1863, in script
File "D:\MEGA\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\MEGA\MaouSamaWeek2-0.3.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'p_d9_choice02'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Maou-Sama Week 2 0.3.5
Wed Sep 23 18:30:42 2020

No option to ignore the error.

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes