3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

NikaraWorld

Sep 15, 2020
I'm kinda stuck on the yacht scene where you can choose the girls to visit, i've visited all of the girls but can't find a way to continue the storyline, can anybody help
EDIT: nvm go it to work

Last edited:

lolol117

Jun 15, 2020
HELP! I cannot get the patch to work. the game without the patch runs fine, but when i downloaded the patch and extracted it INTO the 'game', the applications instead of opening when i click it, runs a memo like page that says it failed to start

fr45

Dec 25, 2017
I have this weird feeling that the creator of this has now idea what story he wants to tell.

fr45

Dec 25, 2017
you just dont get all Story Elements from the start, its still a Novel.
Too much 'story elements' introduced in too short span of a time.
Too little interaction with those elements which are introduced.
Too little information about key points.

Add the fact that there sometimes is no choice in areas in which one would expect, and this makes an image of a creator, who just dumps everything he can think of - including kitchen sink - and then discards and removes those ideas as rapidly as they were introduced into the story.

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Too much 'story elements' introduced in too short span of a time.
Too little interaction with those elements which are introduced.
Too little information about key points.

Add the fact that there sometimes is no choice in areas in which one would expect, and this makes an image of a creator, who just dumps everything he can think of - including kitchen sink - and then discards and removes those ideas as rapidly as they were introduced into the story.
Too much in too short span of a time?
You got atm 9 Updates, each Update is one Day, I dont think its to much informations, I started slow to show you the characters and every character you see again, mc returns to the school too, so think maybe that week 1 was more a intro.
What interaction you want? its not a sandbox game, that you can speak with everyone and grind love/desire points to get actions at night.
there are alot infos about the key points, oracle, max, mc, in d10 you get infos about the prophecy, more from mc life, heaven, hell and and and.

Yeah maybe its not your style, maybe you dont like it or you have different views from a Visual Novel,
I do what I can and I have have many Fans they like what I do.

I love OP Characters in Animes like Momonga, he is the best in my eyes and I hope he destroys everything ^^
and now you can say, no I dont like him, he kills to much ppl, yeah thats your view and thats your right to have a different view.

Maybe you will like it at the end of maou-sama :)

fr45

Dec 25, 2017
I love OP Characters in Animes like Momonga, he is the best in my eyes and I hope he destroys everything ^^
I am a bit too tired (somehow managed to get a nasty cold) to form a proper post explaining my point of view, but I will try.

In the beginning of Overlord big amount of time is spent to set the scene, explaining who is Momonga and how everything that surrounds him came to be.

In the Maou Sama we have frequent mentions of 'oh hey dude you are the last male person in the universe' (or smth like that). However, protagonist starts as a seemingly regular guy in a (seemingly) regular world. I find in hard to believe that he would not notice the fact that he is the only boy in town. Yet no comments are made on that part. Our character spends negligible amount of time thinking about what is going on (forgoing the opportunity to explain to reader and to build setting) and he does not make an impression of a protagonist, the hero of the story. He is just along for the ride. Story at this moment is more about Alexandra (or what's her face) than about anyone else.

It is good to hear that player returns to the school.
However why the heck we had to sit through the student introductions only to be immediately whisked away?
This is not even the case of "hey a guy on the internet does not like it", it's just bad scenario writing.
One does not introduce characters to immediately drop them off-screen and introduce game-changing plot twist.
Not to mention that such turn of events ridicules the whole idea of protagonist being placed as a 'director' of academy.
It is supposed to be a position of some importance. And yet...

As for " What interaction you want? " - I don't know, how about refusing someone's advances? Something as basic as having a say in who shags you? Apparently, it is too much.

You say this is 'still a novel'. Yet I do not see 'kinetic' tag. Perhaps it should be added.

That is not to say that there are only things I don't like.
This game has things I like, for example some very sweet moments and some unusual and interesting characters.
However, I can't properly enjoy them right now, because of the reasons I mentioned above.
And maybe I will like it in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: TundraLupus

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
As for " What interaction you want? " - I don't know, how about refusing someone's advances? Something as basic as having a say in who shags you? Apparently, it is too much.
To play the devil's advocate here, you sorta kinda do in bundles. For the most part you can skip every side-path and just string along with the main story, or follow only the ones you like. Is it enough? Probably not, but it is there. For what it's worth, there should be some distinct grander pathing down the line as well.

With what I do agree though is that the constant and rapid change of scenery feels disjointed at times. On one hand it maybe invokes a sense of urgency, but on the other hand I sure as hell wouldn't mind exercising my directorial duties in the school for a bit.

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes