3.90 star(s) 12 Votes

capu2

May 15, 2018
Man this shit hit too close to home.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Actually, I almost abandoned the project because the story hits so hard. It goes to show that the writer really did a great job on it because he placed us in the same shoes as Kenji all throughout the story.

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Can someone give download link of second game? Doesn't matter if its Japanese, I use Textractor.
I don't remember if it can be done on this topic, but here - my upload:

Open the rar file with "Japanese encoding" and then use Locale Emulator, Textractor has this option too.

stupid_army

Apr 24, 2018
What too much is not healthy.
Five parts is enough for this series in my opinion.
Yeah 3 wa good epilogue for Marina saga. But it cant be help, i love her character haha. Maybe Onboro could make another spinoffwith her grown up daughter, or ANOTHER MARIKO please!!!

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Yeah 3 wa good epilogue for Marina saga. But it cant be help, i love her character haha. Maybe Onboro could make another spinoffwith her grown up daughter, or ANOTHER MARIKO please!!!
Oh! A story about their daughter's fate in NTR climates I would very much like to accept (she has a different character than her mother, so it could be interesting) - so I'm definitely for it.
Mariko's series is also not bad.

Reactions: stupid_army
Jun 26, 2018
I really confused why so many people think of Marina series as NTR (netorare) or don't undertstand why Mangagamer made the "right" decision renaming the game "Cuckolding" vs ntr report - because that IS what the Marina series is about, cuckolding.

NTR or rather netorare is about loss or the fear of losing a loved one to a better lover via whatever means - where in cuckolding is a couple engaged basically in wife sharing but with some humiliation added. Which is what the element of NTR would be (aka the better stud giving his wife more pleasure) I know better than most that cuckolding and netorase ISN'T the same thing 100% but using the word cuck goes a long way to differentiate itself from NTR as most people know it.

But the point is the wife always comes home because she has something special with her husband with a healthy sex life still, I'd argue the biggest issue I've always had with NTR is that when women DO leave their partners its because of the better sex - except in real life a relationship simply based on sex lasts weeks because of otherwise incompatiblity (aka sex was good but horrible match otherwise)

Reading over this topic I'm surprised how many people want to know if Marina left him, if the daughter is his ect - that isn't what netorase is about. Its about a loving couple exploring wife sharing more or less, without the fear of NTR endings. Agian basically cuckolding for lack of another western term.

On the flip side a LOT of people didn't like marina series because it ISN'T NTR - but variety is the spice of life and thats why its netorase and not netorare.

Reactions: GershGersh
Jun 26, 2018
Minor spoilers ahead,

NOW with all that said I HAAAATED and a lot of people HATED the ending to this game, I haven't read the translated version posted here but in the original game its basically shown that at the end Kenji's fetish is wrong and immoral. That he was punished by it and that he would never revisit it again.

Like it was somehow Marina's plan all along.

WORSE the story suddenly just ends in this game like something bad happens so they just call it quits. The end.

This annoyed a lot of players because it sent the message that netorase is bad aka cuckolding and isn't normal. Which in a way kind of spits on players faces for enjoying netorase.

I had a sequel in development hell for years because of this, but well its def. still in development hell lol.

Jun 26, 2018
After this games release they made a bunch of pre-sequel games of Marina (showing that shes basically a slut) which werent well received. The original games author and I have spoken, mostly about my fan sequel with no plans for an official direct sequel BUT atelier did post and repost my idea about a indirect sequel with their daughter grown up who's boyfriend convinces her to NTR him too after discovering her mother did the same for her husband.

They haven't announced anything though and that was months ago, so not sure if they are still interested.

As for my sequel its still in the works...

Reactions: Hs2211
Jun 26, 2018
OOOH before I forget technically if somebody really wanted to put the effort in, they could rebuild Marina 2. See the graphics in the packed files are actually for a higher resolution than the game engines native 800x600, but for whatever internal reasons the new engine update that Marina 3 runs on wasn't ready yet so they down scaled the images.

So basically there COULD be an english version somebody could translate and create of Marina 2 with higher resolution graphics but it would take a lot of work. You'd have to port EVERYTHING over into the new engine.

capu2

May 15, 2018
Minor spoilers ahead,

NOW with all that said I HAAAATED and a lot of people HATED the ending to this game, I haven't read the translated version posted here but in the original game its basically shown that at the end Kenji's fetish is wrong and immoral. That he was punished by it and that he would never revisit it again.

Like it was somehow Marina's plan all along.

WORSE the story suddenly just ends in this game like something bad happens so they just call it quits. The end.

This annoyed a lot of players because it sent the message that netorase is bad aka cuckolding and isn't normal. Which in a way kind of spits on players faces for enjoying netorase.

I had a sequel in development hell for years because of this, but well its def. still in development hell lol.
Well that’s what Onboro intended to do anyway to make the story “close to home”
Kenji pushed it too much even though Marina was okay with a Netorase play.

In my opinion, it’s the right ending for the series.

Jun 26, 2018
Well that’s what Onboro intended to do anyway to make the story “close to home”
Kenji pushed it too much even though Marina was okay with a Netorase play.

In my opinion, it’s the right ending for the series.
Sort of, Marina never was truly ok with the thought of a proper husband wanting that and she was thankful it was "resolved". She did it FOR Kenji and enjoyed it but eventually felt it was immoral to her. As a personal story Onboro has mentioned that he had a difficult time understanding netorase and you can see that happen throughout the series.

You can see in followup series with netorase how the stories are a little more focused on netorase and Onboro himself mentioned to me he is more comfortable writing NTR and pure up NTR cheating. (or comes easier I suppose he meant too).

As well a lot of Marina fans didn't like the ex boyfriend as the netorase partner due to his personality - in some ways he DOES feel right as a netorari guy and he was well written as that.

The problem is this is netorase, the previous two guys are fun and sexually threatening to Kenji. Thats what good cuckolding is, but the story for Marina 3 was about punishing Kenji for his fetish - but thats like coming to fetish club, sexing up some people than burning the club down as a "lesson" because its not your thing.

As a story it works yes - but as a netorase story it was very much at odds with itself again basically closing off the possibility for a sequel.

Marina was a huge success for Atelier Sakura because it basically introduced netorase in a very direct way (aka reporting) which has now spawned a ton of games and they used Marina to launch their Fantia pledge page.

Even Onboro is curious to see how I get Marina to agree to netorase play again in my sequel, because he felt in canon she wouldn't. Thats why he just made her a cheating wife in his Fantia "what if" stories because it was the only way he could imagine she would do it again (aka well im already cheating on kenji so why not) except he went the distance in Marina 3 to basically show Marina wanted to become a faithful wife for good.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaden_yuki

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I think that some analyze too much - it's just a game, the author's fantasy based on a category, but nothing more and not all of its details must correspond to realism or our taste, the more that it is impossible to please everyone ... without exaggeration, any game must always be kept with a little distance. ;-)

PS: Ex boyfriend as a netori character is basically a perverse vision - so I am not surprised by such an author's choice, and someone's character is a different matter, not everyone has to be nice and mega-friendly.

haif alhajraf

Apr 30, 2018
Sort of, Marina never was truly ok with the thought of a proper husband wanting that and she was thankful it was "resolved". She did it FOR Kenji and enjoyed it but eventually felt it was immoral to her. As a personal story Onboro has mentioned that he had a difficult time understanding netorase and you can see that happen throughout the series.

You can see in followup series with netorase how the stories are a little more focused on netorase and Onboro himself mentioned to me he is more comfortable writing NTR and pure up NTR cheating. (or comes easier I suppose he meant too).

As well a lot of Marina fans didn't like the ex boyfriend as the netorase partner due to his personality - in some ways he DOES feel right as a netorari guy and he was well written as that.

The problem is this is netorase, the previous two guys are fun and sexually threatening to Kenji. Thats what good cuckolding is, but the story for Marina 3 was about punishing Kenji for his fetish - but thats like coming to fetish club, sexing up some people than burning the club down as a "lesson" because its not your thing.

As a story it works yes - but as a netorase story it was very much at odds with itself again basically closing off the possibility for a sequel.

Marina was a huge success for Atelier Sakura because it basically introduced netorase in a very direct way (aka reporting) which has now spawned a ton of games and they used Marina to launch their Fantia pledge page.

Even Onboro is curious to see how I get Marina to agree to netorase play again in my sequel, because he felt in canon she wouldn't. Thats why he just made her a cheating wife in his Fantia "what if" stories because it was the only way he could imagine she would do it again (aka well im already cheating on kenji so why not) except he went the distance in Marina 3 to basically show Marina wanted to become a faithful wife for good.
What is your game called ?

Jun 26, 2018
I mean I agree about it just being a game, but for NTR stories or rather games it IS all about the story to get those "NTR feelings" people play them for. So its kinda important?

Jun 26, 2018
My game is simply called "Marina Case of the Queen" it takes place a couple years later when Kenji discovers one of the women he works with is a Queen of Spades in his office, from a previous Atelier Sakura game.

Unlike the first games, Kenji doesn't share his new take of his fantasy with Marina but eventually things come out, however I've legit written the script 3 times now and the first effort I made the game was just boring/too slow. I learned a lot.

I than remade it again with a new engine too with an inventory system..and it got a little...bloated with content that kept adding more story the more I added. So restarted again...which is basically where I'm at now but I've had a lot of bad stuff happen this year and haven't worked on it much.

Lets say I've learned A LOT about game development lol. I've also used two different engines now and well basically I'm undecided now which to go forward with (visual novel maker or Tyranobuilder). My game re-uses a LOT of assets from the original games and other Atelier Sakura games such as backgrounds, ect and music. Obivously I don't have voice work although I did have the VA say she'd be willing if AS ok'd it. However I'm poor and can't afford that lol.

You can follow some of my updates on my twitter but I don't update often, there is also some shots I made using Koikatsu recently where I made Marina for fun (unrelated to my game).

I've also posted some of my new Marina outfits created for the sequel game in my earlier twitter posts.

Honestly though I don't know when I'll get back to it, I want to say end of year but its almost there lol.

When my game is eventually done, I'll post a link/topic here too. Its totally free and just my own fun project working on in my own time.

Reactions: jaden_yuki
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes