4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Dear All,

Sorry that I've not noticed about the link and the requests to reupload it. I don't visit this forum as often as before because, as someone mentioned earlier, it's been rather ... quiet ... lately. ;)
(Thanks to stone147 for messaging me about it!)

I've recently changed to a new pc, and the link for the modded TGSR was referring to my old pc (which I have taken down). I didn't realize that the link had not been working since!

Anyway, below is the new link for the modded TGSR :

I'm currently not working on TGSR, so if anyone is interested to continue modding it, please do!
The version I've just linked above contains (as far as I know) all the previous mods from other great modders!

And in case anyone is interested to know, my working on the Red Phoenix is currently suspended. That's because, since migrating to the new pc, I've been too dumb and lost my whole library of 3D assets (even my version of Rachel and Red Phoenix!) !!
I'm currently rebuilding back my library, but it'll be quite a while until I restore everything.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2021
Dear All,

Sorry that I've not noticed about the link and the requests to reupload it. I don't visit this forum as often as before because, as someone mentioned earlier, it's been rather ... quiet ... lately. ;)
(Thanks to stone147 for messaging me about it!)

I've recently changed to a new pc, and the link for the modded TGSR was referring to my old pc (which I have taken down). I didn't realize that the link had not been working since!

Anyway, below is the new link for the modded TGSR :
Mega

I'm currently not working on TGSR, so if anyone is interested to continue modding it, please do!
The version I've just linked above contains (as far as I know) all the previous mods from other great modders!

And in case anyone is interested to know, my working on the Red Phoenix is currently suspended. That's because, since migrating to the new pc, I've been too dumb and lost my whole library of 3D assets (even my version of Rachel and Red Phoenix!) !!
I'm currently rebuilding back my library, but it'll be quite a while until I restore everything.

Cheers!
Thanks! Best of luck on rebuilding your library. Have you considered starting up a Patreon for Red Phoenix?

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Yogurtz,

Thanks! Best of luck on rebuilding your library. Have you considered starting up a Patreon for Red Phoenix?
Thanks!

Not really. Creating hentai games has always been a hobby of mine, and I have no problem sharing it for free (if that is your question?).

Cheers!

Reactions: gamiat

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Dear Yogurtz,

I was asking if you had a Patreon or planning to start one because I would gladly support it :)
Thanks for your kind words!

I've no plan to start a Patreon, mainly because creating games is more of a hobby for me. Plus I might not be able to take the pressure and could disappoint my supporters! Ha ha!

However, I'm more than happy to listen to any feedbacks or requests!
(Because, seriously, working alone on a game can get a little ... boring ... Heh heh!)

Cheers!

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
I also wish the best on the library reconstruction. I use to talk with Jasnom since I am a heavy Agent Alona fan (much more with his 3d models) and now The Green Shadow Rachel thanks to you guys!

I really miss Survivor Sarah MODs and new pictures too (she might be a default V4).

I used POSER back in the golden days of V3 and V4 and I told Jasnom I would be modding some RPGM games by changing 'cartoon-like' hentai to 3D (like Bitch Leona, which is being translated to ENG by me), as well as making new poses (say, a new behind perpective for Rachel), but I have my poser library all set up so far so I wanted to use POSER at first. Artists say that DAZ is better (at least for Genesis8 support, albeit I know it can be used in Poser with plugins). I wouldn't return to V4 since I knew Genesis3 and their very sturdy and gorgeous/curvaceous bodies like the games MetF and Depraved Awakening. :love:

Do you think it's better for me to go right toward DAZ? I know the default DAZ renderer is much more improved nowadays (like DAZ 4.15), however people along F95 keep making gorgeous real life models with lightroom, octane, firefly (poser), vue and other raytracers. I just wanted to get updated of the best render you prefer so far.

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Gamiat,

I also wish the best on the library reconstruction. I use to talk with Jasnom since I am a heavy Agent Alona fan (much more with his 3d models) and now The Green Shadow Rachel thanks to you guys!

I really miss Survivor Sarah MODs and new pictures too (she might be a default V4).

I used POSER back in the golden days of V3 and V4 and I told Jasnom I would be modding some RPGM games by changing 'cartoon-like' hentai to 3D (like Bitch Leona, which is being translated to ENG by me), as well as making new poses (say, a new behind perpective for Rachel), but I have my poser library all set up so far so I wanted to use POSER at first. Artists say that DAZ is better (at least for Genesis8 support, albeit I know it can be used in Poser with plugins). I wouldn't return to V4 since I knew Genesis3 and their very sturdy and gorgeous/curvaceous bodies like the games MetF and Depraved Awakening. :love:

Do you think it's better for me to go right toward DAZ? I know the default DAZ renderer is much more improved nowadays (like DAZ 4.15), however people along F95 keep making gorgeous real life models with lightroom, octane, firefly (poser), vue and other raytracers. I just wanted to get updated of the best render you prefer so far.
You are one capable guy! I see that you have done a lot of work!
Even translations!!! Wow!!

Personally I much prefer DAZ, mainly because I find it to be much more user friendly.
FYI I started using Poser first, but find it too complex (or maybe it's just my mind being too simple!). Even going thru some "guides" and tutorials I was still stumped!
However, when I tried DAZ, it appears to be much easier, and it's much quicker for me to get the results that I want. Additionally, there are tons of tools/utilities for conversions (e.g. G3F to G8F figures, textures, poses, etc.), so it's much easier to "migrate" to a new figure.
But then again, I usually just render simple images (like in TGSR, where I don't even put backgrounds!), so I don't really know whether DAZ or Poser (or other apps) has a better rendering engine.

Have a great day!

Cheers!

Last edited:

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
You are one capable guy! I see that you have done a lot of work!
Even translations!!! Wow!!
Thank you! I may not deserve much yet. :oops: I know I need to focus on other games people here on F95 wanted to see translated. My problem is just time, I need to organize it better.

Personally I much prefer DAZ, mainly because I find it to be much more user friendly.
...Additionally, there are tons of tools/utilities for conversions (e.g. G3F to G8F figures, textures, poses, etc.), so it's much easier to "migrate" to a new figure.
But then again, I usually just render simple images (like in TGSR, where I don't even put backgrounds!), so I don't really know whether DAZ or Poser (or other apps) has a better rendering engine.
Good to know, really! So perhaps it's not a hassle to convert all my props, buildings, clothes etc to DAZ, then check it out.
Oh, just about the 'time' to create new poses and readjust rooms... I told JasNom that , in 3D, we can even retain the same pose, but render it in another perspective, for a scene (say, 3 CGs with the same pose, but zooming to a certain interest area). So we can have , say, 30 cgs in a scene, 10 or a bit more different, the rest identical. The player won't notice its the same pose because he/she will be seeing other areas of the person and the room. By putting some creativity here, we can have great MODs with 500 or more yummy CGs that really appears to be unicque.

I hope we can still put juice to those wonderful games.
Cheers!

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Well, since the question is on a public forum, I hope you don't mind if I chip in my two cents :)

First, an advantage of Daz Studio is that you don't need to rely on anybody else's opinion (mine included), since it is free of charge, probably the best is to just go to Daz, download it and use it.

I personally hate their "Daz Central" thing, to install packages (even stuff from Renderosity, sharecg, etc. I repackage) I use the "old fashioned" DIM, that works fine also off-line, but I use packages and repackage because I like smart content, you can just dump the files in the right place and use them.
If you still have somewhere you library of Poser content, you can just tell Daz Studio where you "runtime" poser directory is, and it will allow you to use the content (you can indicate even more than one Poser content directory), sometime there can be some issues with materials, but see below.

I admit I have not used Poser, but if you have a NVIDIA GPU with CUDA, Daz integrates very well with NVIDIA Iray (and the MDL material library, free from NVIDIA, you can find on sharecg for free something that smooths even more the integration with Daz, the metadata for it), and the rendering times can be really short (depending also on the card).
Octane is also a possibility as render engine (Daz allows you to use more than one), their newest Filament is also good, although AFAIK is more geared towards giving a rendered preview - though for these two, you may need extra steps for the materials.
Also, the shaders can allow you often to bypass even material problems when it comes to rendering, or even just avoid getting a lot of packages/files with extra materials for existing assets (got myself lot of stuff before realising I could do that approach), although in principle and theory materials and shaders are not the same.

About the generations, you don't even need to drop all the characters from V4.
Daz can use most V4 characters through the V4.2 bundle, then there are free scripts to copy a pose from V4 to G3 and G8 and viceversa, at least one product makes the materials of V4 characters compatible with Iray, and you can transfer the shape of V4 characters to G3 (and from there, in principle even to G8) if you like a character, and even use the original textures (I made a post describing one possible way to do the V4-to-G3 passage) if you want.
If you have Poser cr2 characters you want to import in Daz, you can also do that, and there are instructions to make the mc6 poser material collection files work with Daz (pz2 work also), at least as file.
Even just if you want to reuse your old V4 wardrobe with G3 or G8, there are "clones", converters, etc., so it is possible (though in some cases you may need to work a bit if you want near perfect results).
This can give you the freedom to use and mix G3, G8, and your existing V4 stuff as you prefer.

If you are an old time user of Poser, my understanding is that you will probably be already more than used to the interface equivalent to the content catalog of Daz, and may not be interested on the "smart content" - in that case, no need to worry about database (I like the smart content, but that's me and my monster assets installation).
Otherwise, others may disagree, but after you have catalogued your content in Daz the way you want, I would suggest doing and export of the metadata of all the products, not just a "user data" save from the database maintenance.
The second approach is the suggestion you see around in general, but recently I had to do a DB reset (rare occurrence for most people), and realised after that in the "user data" the product ID is set to 0000, which means when you reimport it, all of it ends up catalogued as "local user", a mess (at least, when you have accumulated thousands of assets).

Hope this helps

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
So...What do u think...? XD
Since it is a public post... Love especially the first three, I admit a bit less the body (the boobs) in the gym one, though I guess the character is the same in all of them aside the hair colour, and it is just a matter of perspective (I really mean "perspective" as "physical point of view", not as "opinion").
Great job if you are planning to work on a remake of/addition to TGSR !

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
First, an advantage of Daz Studio is that you don't need to rely on anybody else's opinion (mine included), since it is free of charge, probably the best is to just go to Daz, download it and use it.
Thank you really for your opinions. I might skip the smart content for now. I am impressed DAZ nowadays could use many (if not all) the poser library and the possibility to get a cute V4 image (like those I've made below in POSER default Firefly). By making her curvier and cutier after convering to G3, they would shine in a RPG game. (Two examples below)
3d alice5 poser.png
3d ayesha poser.png

Yes, those above are V4!
As for Poser 'nowadays', that explains why I dont find Poser artists as before. I imagine Poser will die or it will be for other niches (just like FreeBSD, just an example, but remember I was a Poser fan anyway). I have a friend who still uses Poser and he's not 'used to' the 'DAZ trend' of today games. I hope I can learn to work in DAZ by importing those assets so those characters will get 'a home' (a game).

As I gave some ideas of how Rachel is depicted before, I might try some Rachel poses too (I would be glad if I could now the current assets used for your Rachel so far), then I'll have to delve into DAZ sooner or later.

Reactions: JasNom

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
View attachment 1563724

Yes, those above are V4!

As I gave some ideas of how Rachel is depicted before, I might try some Rachel poses too (I would be glad if I could now the current assets used for your Rachel so far), then I'll have to delve into DAZ sooner or later.
Loved especially "kitty" ;-).
I think she should work fine on Daz.

For the time being, I did not do much with them (I had to do a database reset, and now I am away from that computer for roughly ten days), but after the conversion, I could use the "converted" V4-G3 as normal G3 characters, included using some products with G3 morphs and add-ons (though I did not try to use all of the ones I have, texture mapping may affect the scripts with some products).

I also tried to use the free scripts to apply poses to V4 and then copy them to a G3 and/or a G8 character, and it worked fine. I also used the reverse scripts to copy the pose from a G8 to a V4 character. Both were just for some test, but I only needed to do a minor adjustements for the G8 to V4.

I also used V4 clothing on G3 and G8 with good and even very good results - in general, clothing with long capes/long convoluted skirts are the ones that can be more problematic, and more than that, shoes with heels, due to the ankle angle (with some work, I think it can often work, I was just too lazy, and was not so important to spend lot of time on it).
Though I tried loading a Scarlett Witch V4 cape on G8 character, and it was OK, and I remember putting on a V8 character some V4 boot with a nice result (though were kind of flat, or low heel, boots).

AFAIK only Combin has the original assets for Rachel, because she was customised.
Limpy had built a nice Rachel, almost identical (and in some aspects, I admit I even liked her a bit more), but from his post, it seems his library is gone...

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
Loved especially "kitty" ;-).
I think she should work fine on Daz.
Thank you!
I really prefer a more time consuming rendering in order to let those characters curvier. Games deserve that.

Limpy had built a nice Rachel, almost identical (and in some aspects, I admit I even liked her a bit more), but from his post, it seems his library is gone...
I love her! She's truly better this way for my tastes. :love:

1267827_New6-2.png
With her like that, I would surely render many poses with her, with many new outfits (provided the RPG game engine has a good 'change outfit' code that doesnt break the game), in order to see a much more 'scene-driven' game, the most non linear as possible (with mini quests and many buildings to enter, even make her use the toilet to pee or take a bath). I remember playing Green Shadow eager to check for something new to do (using hours wandering along the city) just to check that the only non linear scenes were with the street bad guys (it becomes repetitive after a while), the police (to bad that many visits give you a game over - bad ending), the hospital (I remember trying to find new scenes there), and of course, the main story with Johnny.

Reactions: fiuojui

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Thank you!
I really prefer a more time consuming rendering in order to let those characters curvier. Games deserve that.

I love her! She's truly better this way for my tastes. :love:

View attachment 1565179
I admit I also find her better. But you have to see with Limpy if he still has her, and if he is willing to/can (licensing ?) share her (I never asked) or anyway the list of setting and list of assets he used to get to her, even if you could join forces with him in future, if you can find an agreement.

I get some of your comments, one thing I hate of RPMG games, is the risk of wandering for hours (of real time, not fictious game time) around trying to find something to do.
I also not liked the way some of the "side activities" would stop (in my opinion) too early (i.e. I felt there could have been more steps, or that jumped forward too fast), that there were (but again, in my opinion) too many ways in which the game would end early, and that once one had done some stuff ;-), there was no way one could avoid the bad ending.
For this last point, I know it was based on a range of values for the main variable (and one could cheat to change the value ;-), e.g. editing saves, even with the original game), but it was effectively something Libby had agreed could be changed, so much that in his mod, he had included events that could not only diminish, but also increase that variable, as well as extending some of those side events, creating new ones (and adding up a cheat console), adding a costume repair.

But Combine (and Libby, with his mods) did a great job both with Agent Alona and (for Libby) with TGSR, so much I played and enjoyed them more than once.
Finding something to complain about is always easy, but making a good game takes lots of work, time, and energy, it is not done in two days at the keyboard, so we should appreciate both the excellent results, and the time and energy they spent in it.

ADDDX

Sep 29, 2019
game pops, shows a black screen and then closes by itself, can anyone help with? rgss-rtp installed.

vorris

May 23, 2017
so we have not heard from the green shadow anymore what happen to here so i decided to cerate a new story in another game here she is now called green mist what you guys think :)

1641786933179.jpeg

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes