4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

vorris

May 23, 2017
hey linpy could you throw in a cheat to unlock all the outfits i know i am asking so much but hey please can you do that thank you :)

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi TheTrueCheater,

Thank you for the reply Limpy,

Indeed I was using the save from the previous version so that might be the case here. Anyway, i bypassed it by force check the next mission.
I will try your new version and report if I found any other bugs. And i finished the bounty missions until i was on the newspaper, that is the current end right ? Did i miss anything ?
Indeed that is the current end.

There are several such ends, though. Depending whether you win or lose in "Punks in the Park", you get different contents in the follow up event. And again in the follow up event, depending on whether you win or lose, you get different scenes too.

Have a pleasant day!

Cheers!

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Vorris,

hey linpy could you throw in a cheat to unlock all the outfits i know i am asking so much but hey please can you do that thank you :)
Some of the outfits are tied to the story/missions, and unlocking them too early could cause problems with the game flow. So I don't think it's a good idea.

Cheers!

Roshi2000

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2019
Well, in the labyrinths that were added up, there are the zombies. Not my preferred (most often, people make zombie as kind of self-replicating by bytes, no sexual content, and take over the game very rapidly, as in "if there are zombies, there is nothing else"), but they are already there - though I am not sure how their presence in those labyrinths links to the main story.
Yeah but everything changes, when I rename zombies to ''mutants'' XD wait and see XDXDXDXD

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Hi Ouch2020,

I think the ending is tied to the SOJ.

I remember during my earlier playthrough, I modified the SOJ and got to see all the endings. ;>

Cheers!
Hi Limpy,
I know I am heavily poking in your future plans, and I fully understand that it is simpler to use one single element to decide the ending, than to use a combination of things, but in your future game, do you think you could do it a bit different ?
Honestly, even for Alona, I ended up cheating a bit on the "inhibition factor" (don't recall the name).
I understand there can be limits, but the idea that if the heroine almost anything "wrong" you get automatically the bad ending no matter what else happens, seems a bit "extreme" - but this of course is just the opinion of one person.

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Ouch2020,

Hi Limpy,
I know I am heavily poking in your future plans, and I fully understand that it is simpler to use one single element to decide the ending, than to use a combination of things, but in your future game, do you think you could do it a bit different ?
Honestly, even for Alona, I ended up cheating a bit on the "inhibition factor" (don't recall the name).
I understand there can be limits, but the idea that if the heroine almost anything "wrong" you get automatically the bad ending no matter what else happens, seems a bit "extreme" - but this of course is just the opinion of one person.
Thank you for your suggestion, and I totally agree with it. I too do not fancy an early forced ending (good or bad ending) in any game, and every story elements depending on only 1 factor (variable?) is rather ... simple, as you put it. ;>

And I assume you are referring in your comment to the new Red Phoenix game that we are making?
FYI, in TGSR I've only extended the model job events and added the Bounty Missions, and only the model job has an optional bad end. Everything else is created by someone else (Hellios, Suidakra etc).
So I definitely didn't really do anything similar to those in the previous paragraph! :)

We haven't really set everything in stone yet for the Red Phoenix project, but the general plan will be to add different events (call them side quests/missions?) that shouldn't force end the game.
As of those "deciding factors", we haven't thought about it yet. It's too early in the development (I'm very slow!! Haha) and we haven't even finished the Tutorial Mission!

Once again, thank you for your suggestions! I'd certainly like to hear more if you have any!

Cheers!

Reactions: HotPotLovers

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Once again, thank you for your suggestions! I'd certainly like to hear more if you have any!
Hi Libby,
Well, it's your fault, you asked, so now you get the suggestions :p :)

Actually, the first suggestions will kind of contradict everything else :), and even in a way contradict themselves :).

1) It is your game, you are doing it for free, and it may require a lot of time and energy, so, it is nice you ask us, but put down your idea for the main line, and stick to it, otherwise, you will end up always trying to chase people's idea, and never complete it.

2) Similar line, but a bit different, you cannot accomodate all the possible "likings"/fetishes/preferences, so choose which lines you will follow, and be ready to accept that some people may get upset because you cannot manage to accomodate their preference, or not for every scene.

3) You may like to get feedback and encouragement, but it may be better not to put anything out till when you start having already something with at least a small number of playable "meat on the bone" (i.e. events/missions), otherwise, you risk getting swamped by what I indicated in 1) and 2) above - the more the stuff you put out is complete, the more is probable is that people will focus on bugs rather than on wishes :)

4) Choose the tools based on what you are more comfortable with, and that makes it easier for you to work, don't let people's likes and dislikes influence you - e.g. I admit I have a dislike for RPMG as a player, but I have played both Alona and Green Shadow, and another game I like, is also made with RPMG.

5) You have already the concept of the main line with x events (e.g. the 5 "gangs"+5 criminals, the supermarket), plus side events (your bounties) and events that continue the main line (e.g. the photographer, the restaurant, Ben's), so, unless you already thought about something very different, stick to that approach, you are are used to it, and worked out even for the people using the game. It is not original, but nobody said that you have to reivent it if it works well for your story and your characters.

6) The Red Phoenix had already done a teaming with the Green Shadow, and they had spoken about working togheter, you have already both characters, and in at least two of the three endings for the Green Shadow (the good ones), Rachel continues doing the superhero. At the same time, whether she has become the "shameless hero" or not, Rachel she has already also some experience even before Ravine city, (included experience of the compromises ;-), though the Alliance may not know about all of them), and got results, so could make sense that a couple of year after she is sent to help the Red Phoenix, who is less experienced.
In other words, you could make it a kind of follow-up, in which Rachel/Green Shadow goes to the city where Red Phoenix is, to help her out and train her - this can allow you to have events with both, events with only one of the two, both for the main events and for side events.
It can also allow you to decide whether at a certain point the two could share with each other their secret identity, or anyway discover it, or not (either situation can impact how you develop the story/scenarios).
It can also allow you to decide (or leave the possibility to the player, based on the choices made), to have effectively the Green Shadow contributing to the getting the Red Phoenix in "situations" ;-), and viceversa (well, the Red Phoenix is less experienced).

7) Keep the fact of having to do "normal" jobs - well, "normal" between quotes because they can also give the possibility of lewd situations.
If you have the time for it, you could also foresee the possibility of having more than one job each and/or change job and/or end up working together (whether they know each other's identity or not) - that could even allow for getting in "situations" in some way with the two and/or where one ends up putting the other in "situations", even unwillingly.
Also to consider, the possibility of getting in "situations" or certain type of jobs ;-) that give more money, and others which give less money, but without "situations" - or the same jobs, giving less money if you do not take the "situations".
This would not be really much different from what is already in the previous game - and if you make some job get to the "situations", and some other without, you could add up a decision making impact for the player ("will this job bring to lewd stuff, or not ?").
It can also bring to the decision point of "that job gives more money, but can bring to lewd stuff, do I take the risk and get the extra money to buy my superhero stuff and other expenses (young superhero may also go to disco, to a restaurant, to the beach, maybe a small holiday, and need to buy groceries too), or not ?"
At the same time, keeping the work aspect is important, and it would be more than normal, if you think about other superheroes, Batman is Bruce Wayne (industrialist), Superman is Clark Kent (journalist), Spiderman is Peter Parker (photographer), etc.

8) Superheroes are supposed to do it for heroism, not for money, so, it is understandable that for some lateral missions she can also get a bonus (well, she even got the "sponsors" ;-D as superhero), but should not become a business, or instead of the Red Phoenix (or Red Phoenix+Green Shadow) superhero, becomes Red Phoenix bounty hunter.
Actually, as far as I recall, "bounty hunter" or more specifically bail recovery agents (or whatever their formal name) are real only in (parts of ?) USA. In most other countries I know of, I don't say that someone may not privately offer a recompense, or even put a "contract" on someone (though that is about something different ;-)), and if you find someone's else money and give it back there can be a prize fixed by the law, but if you offer a bounty on someone, you are actually committing a crime (unless you are offering money if someone finds your pet, that is allowed).

9) I think it is good that you want to avoid forcing people to have to do the lewd jobs (or lewd parts of jobs), but honestly, the "economic" part of the Green Shadow games seemed a bit "strange" to me.
It looked like it was almost impossible to win against the big fellow without enhancements, but it was basically impossible to get the money for those enhancement in a reasonable time, but at the same time, the bounties maybe should be reviewed. You should think a moment about the money thing, so that it keeps coherent, if you keep it.

10) To be a good game must be more than just a sequence of renders, but at the same time, it would be good that there at least a few renders for each event, not only one - better having a couple more, even if smaller, than to get one, even if are bigger.
It is true that Combin images were not very big, on a big screen the games go in a very small percentage of the screen surface, but that was one aspect in which he went in the right direction, in my humble opinion.

11) Don't make the ending depend only on one factor, or at least, think well which one you want to use - it was one of the thing a bit "disconcerting" about Combin games, and a good reason to cheat, it was sufficient to do some "stuff", and then you got inevitably get the bad ending, no matter what else you did.

I hope it is enough suggestions for now, I could try to come out with some idea for events and/or for the main line (but those, is probably better I send as PM), I just cannot commit to any kind of speed, I am always trying to do too many things for my time and energy :).

Last edited:
Reactions: gamiat and JasNom

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Ouch2020,

Have been extremely busy and didn't log on here. Certainly wasn't expecting something this long! ;>

Anyway, thank you very much for all those great advices! They're quite useful even for developing any type of games imho!

Hi Libby,
Well, it's your fault, you asked, so now you get the suggestions :p :)

Actually, the first suggestions will kind of contradict everything else :), and even in a way contradict themselves :).

1) It is your game, you are doing it for free, and it may require a lot of time and energy, so, it is nice you ask us, but put down your idea for the main line, and stick to it, otherwise, you will end up always trying to chase people's idea, and never complete it.

2) Similar line, but a bit different, you cannot accomodate all the possible "likings"/fetishes/preferences, so choose which lines you will follow, and be ready to accept that some people may get upset because you cannot manage to accomodate their preference, or not for every scene.
It is true that we can't accommodate everyone with everything. I guess that's also the reason why I'm trying to make my own game; you can never really find a game (especially a h-game) that ticks all your fancies!

3) You may like to get feedback and encouragement, but it may be better not to put anything out till when you start having already something with at least a small number of playable "meat on the bone" (i.e. events/missions), otherwise, you risk getting swamped by what I indicated in 1) and 2) above - the more the stuff you put out is complete, the more is probable is that people will focus on bugs rather than on wishes :)
I totally agree with this! That's also why I don't really bother mentioning about the Red Phoenix game that I'm working on. Currently it has too little to show!
Nothing is more disappointing when there's too little to show/play!

4) Choose the tools based on what you are more comfortable with, and that makes it easier for you to work, don't let people's likes and dislikes influence you - e.g. I admit I have a dislike for RPMG as a player, but I have played both Alona and Green Shadow, and another game I like, is also made with RPMG.
I was initially attempting to create the RP game with RPGM Ace (since most of my resources are in Ace), but was later asked to work with MZ. So yes, just as you said, it does take me longer to begin work on RP (especially to look for new plugins and other resources).
Just my opinion, I've always prefer RPGM as a player, rather than ... say ... Renpy. I find it a bit more "interactive" and "involved" while moving around, searching for events etc, rather than left-clicking all the way to the end of the game.
But of course, the RPGM games should be designed so as not to be a chore (such as big, unnecessary maps!).

5) You have already the concept of the main line with x events (e.g. the 5 "gangs"+5 criminals, the supermarket), plus side events (your bounties) and events that continue the main line (e.g. the photographer, the restaurant, Ben's), so, unless you already thought about something very different, stick to that approach, you are are used to it, and worked out even for the people using the game. It is not original, but nobody said that you have to reivent it if it works well for your story and your characters.
Ha ha! Actually the ONLY reason why I did that was because I've merely added some small events to a proper game (TGSR). Changing the course of the main story, or adding major features to the game, are way beyond me! ;>

6) The Red Phoenix had already done a teaming with the Green Shadow, and they had spoken about working togheter, you have already both characters, and in at least two of the three endings for the Green Shadow (the good ones), Rachel continues doing the superhero. At the same time, whether she has become the "shameless hero" or not, Rachel she has already also some experience even before Ravine city, (included experience of the compromises ;-), though the Alliance may not know about all of them), and got results, so could make sense that a couple of year after she is sent to help the Red Phoenix, who is less experienced.
In other words, you could make it a kind of follow-up, in which Rachel/Green Shadow goes to the city where Red Phoenix is, to help her out and train her - this can allow you to have events with both, events with only one of the two, both for the main events and for side events.
It can also allow you to decide whether at a certain point the two could share with each other their secret identity, or anyway discover it, or not (either situation can impact how you develop the story/scenarios).
It can also allow you to decide (or leave the possibility to the player, based on the choices made), to have effectively the Green Shadow contributing to the getting the Red Phoenix in "situations" ;-), and viceversa (well, the Red Phoenix is less experienced).
This is an excellent idea! I've never thought of putting Green Shadow into the RP game! Thanks a mil for this suggestion!
I'll probably do something like that, but will change her title a bit. Won't want Combin comes after me for copyrights! Ha ha!

7) Keep the fact of having to do "normal" jobs - well, "normal" between quotes because they can also give the possibility of lewd situations.
If you have the time for it, you could also foresee the possibility of having more than one job each and/or change job and/or end up working together (whether they know each other's identity or not) - that could even allow for getting in "situations" in some way with the two and/or where one ends up putting the other in "situations", even unwillingly.
Also to consider, the possibility of getting in "situations" or certain type of jobs ;-) that give more money, and others which give less money, but without "situations" - or the same jobs, giving less money if you do not take the "situations".
This would not be really much different from what is already in the previous game - and if you make some job get to the "situations", and some other without, you could add up a decision making impact for the player ("will this job bring to lewd stuff, or not ?").
It can also bring to the decision point of "that job gives more money, but can bring to lewd stuff, do I take the risk and get the extra money to buy my superhero stuff and other expenses (young superhero may also go to disco, to a restaurant, to the beach, maybe a small holiday, and need to buy groceries too), or not ?"
At the same time, keeping the work aspect is important, and it would be more than normal, if you think about other superheroes, Batman is Bruce Wayne (industrialist), Superman is Clark Kent (journalist), Spiderman is Peter Parker (photographer), etc.
I totally see the "normal" jobs just as excuses to get the main heroine to get into lewd scenes! Ha ha!

8) Superheroes are supposed to do it for heroism, not for money, so, it is understandable that for some lateral missions she can also get a bonus (well, she even got the "sponsors" ;-D as superhero), but should not become a business, or instead of the Red Phoenix (or Red Phoenix+Green Shadow) superhero, becomes Red Phoenix bounty hunter.
Actually, as far as I recall, "bounty hunter" or more specifically bail recovery agents (or whatever their formal name) are real only in (parts of ?) USA. In most other countries I know of, I don't say that someone may not privately offer a recompense, or even put a "contract" on someone (though that is about something different ;-)), and if you find someone's else money and give it back there can be a prize fixed by the law, but if you offer a bounty on someone, you are actually committing a crime (unless you are offering money if someone finds your pet, that is allowed).
I guess it's my bad choice of terms. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the work "Bounty"!
Point noted!

9) I think it is good that you want to avoid forcing people to have to do the lewd jobs (or lewd parts of jobs), but honestly, the "economic" part of the Green Shadow games seemed a bit "strange" to me.
It looked like it was almost impossible to win against the big fellow without enhancements, but it was basically impossible to get the money for those enhancement in a reasonable time, but at the same time, the bounties maybe should be reviewed. You should think a moment about the money thing, so that it keeps coherent, if you keep it.
I suppose you are right, in that there should be some "normal and decent" jobs to earn money. But won't that be boring?
Heck, I'm doing that in real life already! Ha ha!

10) To be a good game must be more than just a sequence of renders, but at the same time, it would be good that there at least a few renders for each event, not only one - better having a couple more, even if smaller, than to get one, even if are bigger.
It is true that Combin images were not very big, on a big screen the games go in a very small percentage of the screen surface, but that was one aspect in which he went in the right direction, in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with this! One of the main "attractions" to these genre of games for me is the possibility to see more "interesting pictures". It would be rather disappointing to have only 1 or 2 pictures after going through the hassle of completing the event!

11) Don't make the ending depend only on one factor, or at least, think well which one you want to use - it was one of the thing a bit "disconcerting" about Combin games, and a good reason to cheat, it was sufficient to do some "stuff", and then you got inevitably get the bad ending, no matter what else you did.
Believe me or not, but I've actually drafted out the whole story about the RP game, even the "canonical" ending. There are gonna be quite a few other endings, and all of them are not based on just ONE variable!

I hope it is enough suggestions for now, I could try to come out with some idea for events and/or for the main line (but those, is probably better I send as PM), I just cannot commit to any kind of speed, I am always trying to do too many things for my time and energy :).
I'll totally appreciate you coming up with any ideas/suggestions at all! Please do so whenever you have the spare time for it!
Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Fox271

May 14, 2017
Hi All,

For those interested, here's the latest version of TGSR, with the Bounty Mission #3 added.
Mega
Sorry for taking so long!

In actuality, it isn't really a bounty mission. It's just a continuation of Bounty #1; depending the result in Bounty #1, the content will be different.

How to trigger it? You will know. It's automatic. ;>

Hope you guys can enjoy it! And do let me know your comments if you have the time!

Cheers!
Mega link is down. Just started playing this gem, and would really love to play with the latest additions. Anyone got a current working link? Thanks

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Don´t know, if anyone cares, but I want to thank you for your support, but I have to tell you that the Red Phoenix project is dead (she might rise from her ashes, but that isn´t my concern anymore).
Living in different time zones we quite had some communication issues and realised very fast, that this project won´t fit our time schedules. As always, it is me again with the lesser time availble, but with the greater desire for a deeper story.
It was me quitting the project, but Limpy told me to continue, but starting totally over. Well, that was about 9 weeks ago and I never heard of him again. Therefore I wanted to tell you about it.
I made a little video of the last version (paced intro text)

R.I.P. Red Phoenix

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Don´t know, if anyone cares, but I want to thank you for your support, but I have to tell you that the Red Phoenix project is dead (she might rise from her ashes, but that isn´t my concern anymore).
Living in different time zones we quite had some communication issues and realised very fast, that this project won´t fit our time schedules. As always, it is me again with the lesser time availble, but with the greater desire for a deeper story.
It was me quitting the project, but Limpy told me to continue, but starting totally over. Well, that was about 9 weeks ago and I never heard of him again. Therefore I wanted to tell you about it.
I made a little video of the last version (paced intro text)

R.I.P. Red Phoenix
Very sad news. Still, thanks for all the work you've done!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Suidakra

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
R.I.P. Red Phoenix
Pity, had exchanged a couple of messages with Limpy, and it seemed you had got to a good start. But it would not be the first, nor probably the last, game that starts with a good idea, and then dies. In the end, there is someone (I am not mentioning names) that is making 14k USD a month on Patreon, and not even being so fast in new versions (I've got the bad feeling they are trying to squeeze the lemon), and I discovered they have been going at it for years, but many are made as part-time thing with little or no money and more as an hobby or passion.
It was already very good that you did what you did, thanks for it !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Suidakra

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi All,

For those that are interested, the Red Phoenix project is NOT dead, and is still being developed on!

In fact, I've already created a couple of events for the main story, and some for one of the "part time jobs" side stories. However, due to me recently purchasing a new computer, I'm currently having a tough time transferring all my 3D contents over, and thus the Red Phoenix project is put on hold.

I didn't put up much info here because the current contents are still too little to show (and not to mention that this is a TGSR forum!).

In the case of those interested, you can message me and I can provide a copy of my RP project to you. Better still, if you are interested to work on it with me, do let me know!

Cheers!

Best regards.
RP-MainTitle-1.png

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Great to hear from you! Seems I was a little fast with my announcement :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your work!

Limpy

May 28, 2017
Hi Suidakra,

Great to hear from you! Seems I was a little fast with my announcement :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your work!
No problem!

And as we discussed much earlier, you are always welcome to join me and work on the RP project, whenever you feel like it (or have the time for it).

Cheers!

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes