ibell420

May 8, 2021
What is the advantage of leaving a slave in bondage or putting them in prison?Does the defiance go down quicker or does the escape percentage lower?

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
I really like the concept of this game but I'm finding the act of actually playing it much more frustrating than fun. I went all in maxing my charisma during character creation and yet something that seems like a simple action, explaining a slave's chores to her in a normal tone, seems impossible to win the rolls on. The slave's contract exists as a thing that I can actually read in game and clearly states she has no bodily autonomy, yet she can refuse a simple request to get in the shower and there's nothing I can do about it. Roaming around the city looking for fights is fun for a short while but the combat system is too simplistic for that to be enough, and the rest of the gameplay in terms of the NPC interaction is pretty hard to navigate and the difficulty of winning dice rolls way too high even starting with a 90 capped Charm. Maybe Charm just sucks and I should restart and focus on Manipulation and be a bastard?

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I really like the concept of this game but I'm finding the act of actually playing it much more frustrating than fun. I went all in maxing my charisma during character creation and yet something that seems like a simple action, explaining a slave's chores to her in a normal tone, seems impossible to win the rolls on. The slave's contract exists as a thing that I can actually read in game and clearly states she has no bodily autonomy, yet she can refuse a simple request to get in the shower and there's nothing I can do about it. Roaming around the city looking for fights is fun for a short while but the combat system is too simplistic for that to be enough, and the rest of the gameplay in terms of the NPC interaction is pretty hard to navigate and the difficulty of winning dice rolls way too high even starting with a 90 capped Charm. Maybe Charm just sucks and I should restart and focus on Manipulation and be a bastard?
if they have willpower things like that will be a lot harder. Also yeah I wouldn't focus on charm in the creator as you can get it to 85 just with money. Intelligence and manipulation are better to focus on imo.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There are negative modifiers that are probably affecting the girls you have failed with if your charm is that high. If your house is still a shithole and has not been upgraded they don't like that. If you're trying to make progress with a girl who despises you (or worse), there's a big negative modifier. If you're filthy there's a big modifier.

If you're clean, you've upgraded your house at least far enough to remove the negative squalor type stuff, and you impress the girl by taking her with you around town as you beat down some bandits she'll be easy to make progress with. This raises respect. I like to boost that to at least 20 on everyone I plan on keeping.

When you're trying to break in a new girl I suggest asking her to take a bath with you. Sometimes she'll refuse but there's no penalty for that. If she agrees then she's almost guaranteed to get some free arousal which significantly improves the chance she'll go along with whatever you want.

If she has negative arousal she's going to refuse almost anything sexual. Also girls with high willpower are harder to convince to do anything while girls with low willpower will just do whatever you want.

Also if you do things like pool parties to improve the girl's happiness and affection she'll be much more likely to agree to whatever you want. Seducing a girl who despises you and has negative arousal is always going to be tough.

If you're looking to jump right into seduction immediately I suggest making sure to take both Attractive and Teen Subduer when you create your character. Attractive makes things easier with all girls while Teen Subduer makes teens in particular just melt like butter.

Last edited:

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
How do you start the 100 guns questline? I know i should take to Mr. Walton, but it seems he doesn't want to chat

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
How do you start the 100 guns questline? I know i should take to Mr. Walton, but it seems he doesn't want to chat
It's Talk to Owner > General Talk > Okay I'll help you.
There shouldn't be any reason why it won't start, and even if you said no before, the I'll help choice should still exist.

Reactions: GD-studios

S_A_D

Mar 5, 2018
What can I do with the prowlers I captured? Slavers don't buy them and mentioned the professors at the academy, but I went there and there was no interaction.

loranleung

Oct 23, 2021
Unique missable girls as far as I know:
  • Talika Pai (name is fixed, model is fixed) from the Haruto Pai bounty, one of the three scripted bounties during the start of the game
  • Ex arena champ (name is random, model is fixed), the strongest capturable female, a literal Amazon, from the bounty in Kahill Outpost (Imogen's Barrow ---> Preacher's Pond ---> Darkmere ---> anchor icon ---> sail to Kahill Outpost)
  • Valkyria (name is random, model is fixed), a strong capturable girl that shows up in Marston Avenue at day 30.
  • Akari Ito (name is fixed, model is fixed), from the final fight (bandit icon with crown) in Taking Down The Hulk quest in Kasey Park. Based on her background, you can guess how good she is in combat/as an arena gladiatrix.
  • Mae Doe (name is fixed now, model is fixed), from the Ansel Motte quest, you capture her in the fight.
  • Zenobia (last name is random, model is fixed), a decently strong combat capture from the quest The Ring, started by talking to one of the business owners in Raikan, located east of Watery Eyes, and choosing the "attack the punks" option at the end of the questline.
  • Leia Winton, from taking one of the lectures in the Academy, Wolf's I think, and pressing one of the red text during day 1/2 or 3 of his lecture which triggers the Prowlers in the Depths quest.
  • Nicole Boulay is harder to miss, especially since she is in the wiki, but she uses the same mechanics as Leia, clicking a red text in Hemme's(?) lecture, day 1/2 or 3; and, like Leia, you can miss her I think from just not clicking the red texts or was that fixed.
  • Kate Veeron (name is fixed, model is fixed) from one of the fixed bandit group in South Redhaven.
  • The stormborn (name is random, model is fixed) from taking part in auctions in Crystal Heights during heavy thunderstorms.
  • Avery Dixon's twin (I do not know if her last name is fixed because I do not have her, but her model is fixed) from Crystal Heights auction.
  • Kelly McTierney could be missed if you did not get the red river circlet artifact from searching the scrap heap in your backyard since demolishing it does not give you the artifact as far as I know (I did it in 0.8.3 initial public release). The artifact is guaranteed to drop just by searching the scrap heap. Once you get the circlet and have a mercenary or hero guarding your house, her quest can trigger but its a small chance and I still did not have the quest trigger in mine.
  • Also, there's the urchin but you already have her
Image reference for these girls, left to right, top to bottom:
View attachment 3430730
Is there any chance I can regain them? :cry:I missed kate veeron ,Urchin, Zenobia ,Mae Doe, Valkyria

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
What can I do with the prowlers I captured? Slavers don't buy them and mentioned the professors at the academy, but I went there and there was no interaction.
I believe you need to visit the lab in Crystal Heights first, but add them to your household then go to the prowler's NPC menu, and under actions you'll find a button that lets you sell them for about $7,000. Good money. :)

Reactions: kurum007

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
It's Talk to Owner > General Talk > Okay I'll help you.
There shouldn't be any reason why it won't start, and even if you said no before, the I'll help choice should still exist.
Guess I already did the quest, but missed Michelle Wolfe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is there a way to reset. It might not be a bad idea to a completed quests list to the journal

1715497068358.png

msor

Aug 5, 2020
not found how to do individual dinners yet. I know there is one for the store owners in redhaven but that never procs for me.
You can do it from home. Organize event button. You can choose party type, who will participate and who will serve food and entertainment. But you need to upgrade your house first. You can't throw partys in that old shack.

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
Is there any chance I can regain them? :cry:I missed kate veeron ,Urchin, Zenobia ,Mae Doe, Valkyria
I got ya fam (except for Valkyria)

Code:
#Change dates
#Valkyria should show up around day 30 based on info, but doesn't spawn
#Combat variable is 136
#https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-3-2-grimdark.100207/post-13530138

#Zenobia
#starts from the devine juice
SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_ring = 1
SugarCube.State.active.variables.mscaving = 4

#Reset Mae Doe
SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_tut = 5
SugarCube.State.active.variables.lastansel = true

#Reset Monk
SugarCube.State.active.variables.stokkeen2 = 1

#Reset capture attempt Kate Veeron
SugarCube.State.active.variables.redsen2 = 1

#Reset the Space Hulk (aka Akiro Ito) (something I need to do)
SugarCube.State.active.variables.kaseyen5 = 2

#Miss Witon
Opted for the sexy time instead of the money (perhaps that blocks the slave route?)

#Reset Urchin
#https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-3-2-grimdark.100207/post-13278902
SugarCube.State.active.variables.killurch = 99
# delete SugarCube.State.active.variables.killurch

#Reset the 100 guns quest (irrelevant check below)
SugarCube.State.active.variables.disp_walton = 21
The icon doesn't seem to pop up, or I am overlooking something
(nvm she shows up under a Merc symbol for some reason)

1715500925422.png

Last edited:

msor

Aug 5, 2020
Yeah, probably? I dunno, it's currently free though!
Unity cost 2.5% of your income, Unreal - 5%(if income is above $1M). There is no free Unity version. There is a version with runtime fee model and if you have less than 100k installations - it is free for you. But if you have more than that - they charge you 2c per installation. It counts repeatable installations of same game and newer versions as well. After community rant in last year - they promised to increase limit to 200k, but refuses to remove this runtime fee.

GD passed that limit long ago. I made some evaluation of download numbers, and only in this year - Unity would have charged him about $4k, about $1k per month, 20% of his income from Patreon. Unity is the most expensive game engine for indie developers. This is why you should avoid using it as much as possible.

But most important part - is development time.

GD is a skyrocket among developers. He gives us new versions every 1-1.5 month. And even big update for new household mechanic - took only two months. And not last part of such speed - HTML + SugarCube. Developing with Unity would take about 3-5 time longer for each update. Even longer with Unreal Engine. These heavy tools require about half of a year to deliver "good" update, or you can generate "shitty" updates every two months. "Few pictures for a new girl, that has been added 6 months ago, 700 words of text, 60 new renders" - that is a typical change log for update with Unity project.

If you are not developing some 3D slasher with 4k level graphics - stay away from Unity and Unreal Engine.

msor

Aug 5, 2020
What skills do I need that are the hardest to level? I was thinking I could cheap out on combat stats and grab diligent and train them myself, hunting also could be supplemented with wildborn. Intelligence seems hard to level but I also dont know what it does.
The hardest skill to train in a game is Willpower. After that - Stealth. But you don't need these most of a time. Among stats Intelligence is not as simple as Strength/Stamina, but still easy to level up.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
The hardest skill to train in a game is Willpower. After that - Stealth. But you don't need these most of a time. Among stats Intelligence is not as simple as Strength/Stamina, but still easy to level up.
I only need willpower for warmaster trait right? it sounds nice but also super far away.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes