DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
For the Main questline, can you actually ally with house cyker? And does building a library do anything? like maybe increase studying speed?

Last edited:

wawgarny

May 2, 2021
Please, help with Caitlin's quest.
Quest stuck. Week passed after followers return from the jungle with water samples. Nothing new happen.
Look like I have to do some activity but I dont understand what activity. For example any talking
options, party, et. cet dont react on Caitlin's quest.

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
I don't know of a way to reset, but if you saved Michelle she should be in Westside as a recruit icon, like the mercenaries.
Yup, figured that out (eventually)

----

Is there any other furniture that you can get besides the rack for the "training" room?
EDIT: apparently there is a stool, but do you get it?

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
Is there any other furniture that you can get besides the rack for the "training" room?
EDIT: apparently there is a stool, but do you get it?
If I'm correct, there 'used' to be a stool, but all the training room furniture was removed with the house remake and hasn't been added back in. It was part of the stuff you could buy from Devious Tools in Whitehaven.

Edit
Quest stuck. Week passed after followers return from the jungle with water samples. Nothing new happen.
Look like I have to do some activity but I dont understand what activity. For example any talking
You need to go to the Kymanto Hall and ask to use their lab, then clear out all of Caitlin's stuff so she's jobless and send her to the lab. Afterwards wait a few days.

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
Unity cost 2.5% of your income, Unreal - 5%(if income is above $1M). There is no free Unity version. There is a version with runtime fee model and if you have less than 100k installations - it is free for you. But if you have more than that - they charge you 2c per installation. It counts repeatable installations of same game and newer versions as well. After community rant in last year - they promised to increase limit to 200k, but refuses to remove this runtime fee.

GD passed that limit long ago. I made some evaluation of download numbers, and only in this year - Unity would have charged him about $4k, about $1k per month, 20% of his income from Patreon. Unity is the most expensive game engine for indie developers. This is why you should avoid using it as much as possible.

But most important part - is development time.

GD is a skyrocket among developers. He gives us new versions every 1-1.5 month. And even big update for new household mechanic - took only two months. And not last part of such speed - HTML + SugarCube. Developing with Unity would take about 3-5 time longer for each update. Even longer with Unreal Engine. These heavy tools require about half of a year to deliver "good" update, or you can generate "shitty" updates every two months. "Few pictures for a new girl, that has been added 6 months ago, 700 words of text, 60 new renders" - that is a typical change log for update with Unity project.

If you are not developing some 3D slasher with 4k level graphics - stay away from Unity and Unreal Engine.
Screenshot 2024-05-12 142811.png

This is what I've found on their website. Though I had heard the controversy that you're talking about, what it seems that they're saying is money-wise, I may have missed the 2c you said. I have also talked with a dev that uses Unity on steam, and they said that it's free unless you make this money - never told me anything about 2c per installation (which is, indeed, absurd if they're still doing that). But I have no idea, as this is as much as I have looked into it myself.

Wait, maybe those 2 last lines that I have highlighted aren't talking about annually but in total?

But even so, I didn't say Unity is the sole engine. UE engine is also free. Even if we agree that Unity is expensive, this leaves us with UE, an argueably better engine.

Anyway, I'm not even saying that they "absolutely must" change engine or something, I'm just saying that engines other than HTML (which isn't an engine even) are superior and free. Anyway, this wasn't some huge point I wanted to make or something, just more of a question. Some people, like me, had no idea that (at least UE) is free until you make a ton of money xD

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Her quest can be a bit quirky. Talk to her first thing in the morning when you wake up, before you do anything else. If you wait til later in the day sometimes the conversation option is not there. Make sure to completely unassign her from all jobs and titles.

When you get to the part where you're sending her off world you might have to try at a few different times during the morning/afternoon. I literally just did that quest and for me that option was not available first thing in the morning but it was a bit later. Once you get through that part the rest is easy. Just wait for her to come back, go test it, and go announce the cure and you're done.

After that you can free her and dismiss her if you want her to go set up her clinic. She'll mention that when you asked her about her hopes and dreams. When she has the clinic set up you can invest in it and when it's fully maxed out you can rehire her if you want and keep the income from the clinic. Make sure she's at least loving if not undying before you do that just to make sure you can get her back. I'm not sure if there's a minimum threshold.

ibell420

May 8, 2021
What do you need to kill the monster that attacks in Kasey's Park. The 50 cal barely dents it and I have 82 range skill.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The hardest skill to train in a game is Willpower. After that - Stealth. But you don't need these most of a time. Among stats Intelligence is not as simple as Strength/Stamina, but still easy to level up.
Just turn morning blowjobs on. Willpower goes to 90 for free. Takes awhile since it's random but it takes no effort at all.

Reactions: Porrvald

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
What do you need to kill the monster that attacks in Kasey's Park. The 50 cal barely dents it and I have 82 range skill.
Freya: "Rifles are for pussies. A real warrior carves her success with a sword, straight trough the flesh of her enemies!"

Reactions: cuchulin

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
Freya: "Rifles are for pussies. A real warrior carves her success with a sword, straight trough the flesh of her enemies!"
Pretty much. Melee is massively overpowered in the current version. Get your team's Strength and Melee up and use greatswords or power katanas.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I don't know if Goran-Ika is harder on Grimdark difficulty, but there I find that I can barely make it with Ayden, Felix, Einar and Samuel or Connor + lots of training + durasteel armors + constant powerstrikes with great swords + luck (as in the monster targetting different team members or killing of one of them quickly, in which case it is fucked).

ibell420

May 8, 2021
I don't know if Goran-Ika is harder on Grimdark difficulty, but there I find that I can barely make it with Ayden, Felix, Einar and Samuel or Connor + lots of training + durasteel armors + constant powerstrikes with great swords + luck (as in the monster targetting different team members or killing of one of them quickly, in which case it is fucked).

LOL. so just stay away from it....

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
He's supposed to be a really hard fight. Gear up everyone with duraplate or hulk armor. He doesn't have armor so greatswords do max damage on him, but those have a penalty unless you have at least 80ish melee and strength. So train up MC and your 4 best mercs to those levels and go buy greatswords for everyone. Additional strength increases damage further, and higher melee would be advisable so you can guarantee a 100% hit rate with power strikes. Make sure to take some doctor's kits and have medical skill of at least 40 because unless he really spreads the damage around you will probably lose someone.

You could wait til you have Hulk armor and that would make things easier, but if you wait too long the guards will eventually kill him without you. Personally, I prefer to kill him myself. There is a reward for killing him that you miss if the guards do it as well. I forget exactly what but I think it includes some Republic Standing.

You might also want to buy multiple health implants for MC and your best mercs.

Mar 5, 2024
Why? If you want to kill it you have to do like I explained. There is literally nothing more to it than raw power + luck.
No, I disagree. It should be possible (in v8.31 and v8.32) to take him or it down, without any npc getting any damage at all and with only bare fists and/or whipping canes (for maximum disrespect), of course as the fight will take a long time the mc/pc might get downed¹ (and lose some stats) as I am pretty sure that in advanced combats enemies with natural weapons (eg. fists) still attack randomly (and the mc/pc cannot wear stealth armor). As a hint: the melee skill of Gorran-Ika is about 160 (and from the hit chance the dex-value is substracted) and a critical hit of an enemy (and skillroll 2 or lower) only adds 100 to the chance to hit. Similiar things apply to any and all combats with only melee opponents.

But of course, I am probably the only one, who does that the above is possible.

¹) but then again, you cannot always have everything.

ibell420

May 8, 2021
New question, I have a Pantry Girl with 81 Domestic skill. The wiki says my npc's eat 1 less ration a day but I still use 3 per npc. I can set my main rations to 6,3, or 1. My setting is on 3 but if I move it to 1 would everybody start to stave after a while?

other question on that subject is when the Pantry girl has 60 Domestic, the Seasoning/food luxury cost 50% less but the price did not change in the setting. Is either of these a bug?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
New question, I have a Pantry Girl with 81 Domestic skill. The wiki says my npc's eat 1 less ration a day but I still use 3 per npc. I can set my main rations to 6,3, or 1. My setting is on 3 but if I move it to 1 would everybody start to stave after a while?

other question on that subject is when the Pantry girl has 60 Domestic, the Seasoning/food luxury cost 50% less but the price did not change in the setting. Is either of these a bug?
I've noticed the same. Simple fix is to just remove and re-add the pantry girl title.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes