Mar 5, 2024
I think they have the same caps but more muscular bodies have a better time raising their strength but are penalized in rolls when raising their dexterity past around 90 dex. More lithe bodies are penalized in their strength training rolls starting at around 90 strength. So while they have the same caps, one guy is going to struggle very very hard to get there while another gets there easier.
Well, a short look at the code for 8.32 (and 8.31) suggest, that npcs with certain body types do not have any strength cap (via training in the dojo) and that other npcs with other certain body types do not have any dex cap (via training in the dojo). Ie. petite and very petite bodied npcs can get dex of 999+ (yes the chance is slim to raise above 120, but it is above zero) and herculean bodied npcs can get herculean strength of ie. 999+ str (yes the chance is slim to raise above 120, but it is above zero) and in both cases the chance for a raise is the same for raising from 120 to 121 and from 998 to 999 (or with other words, if an npc can raise his/her dex/str from 120 to 121 via dojo training, then he/she can raise his/her dex/str from 998 to 999, meaning their is no cap for the npc and that particular dex/str training).

Now the question for you is, do you prefer npcs (as followers) which cannot be hit via melee attacks (from creatures like Goran-Ika) or do you prefer npcs which deal more damage via melee attacks? (Or does that depend on the combat, ie. if you can make sure, that only a certain npc is targeted via melee attacks in advanced fight, then you might want a mixed line-up (where the ultra dextrous female is always targeted but always evades the attack), while your herculean npcs make short work of the enemy).

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Now the question for you is, do you prefer npcs (as followers) which cannot be hit via melee attacks (from creatures like Goran-Ika) or do you prefer npcs which deal more damage via melee attacks? (Or does that depend on the combat, ie. if you can make sure, that only a certain npc is targeted via melee attacks in advanced fight, then you might want a mixed line-up (where the ultra dextrous female is always targeted but always evades the attack), while your herculean npcs make short work of the enemy).
I prefer to raise both stats to their hardest soft cap instead of trying to brute force a -120 roll. Time enough for later when your combat teams are set to try and get your NPCs past the hard soft cap. God knows my workaholic Ayden is still capped at 120 strength at day 500.

Reactions: HereandNow2022

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well, a short look at the code for 8.32 (and 8.31) suggest, that npcs with certain body types do not have any strength cap (via training in the dojo) and that other npcs with other certain body types do not have any dex cap (via training in the dojo). Ie. petite and very petite bodied npcs can get dex of 999+ (yes the chance is slim to raise above 120, but it is above zero) and herculean bodied npcs can get herculean strength of ie. 999+ str (yes the chance is slim to raise above 120, but it is above zero) and in both cases the chance for a raise is the same for raising from 120 to 121 and from 998 to 999 (or with other words, if an npc can raise his/her dex/str from 120 to 121 via dojo training, then he/she can raise his/her dex/str from 998 to 999, meaning their is no cap for the npc and that particular dex/str training).
I haven't looked at the code but from the training I've done with mercs in game this is just not true unless the chance you're talking about is WAY less than 1%. Maybe some kind of critical success is possible that makes the penalty irrelevant but I have never seen it. To me if the chance is less than 1% then it might as well not exist.

Once you hit the cap, whether that's 120, 130, or whatever you see a massive penalty on every roll from then on even with a maxed out dojo and even with the disciplined trait. The penalty is so large that if you roll a 1 you still fail by a huge amount. In previous versions Ayden was able to train beyond 140 (I think he capped around 160 or so but it's been awhile) because of his herculean frame while someone with a smaller frame like Bud could only train to 120. At that point their chance for further increases was 0%. You could do hundreds of training sessions after that and you would never gain even 1 point.

Disciplined does make it really easy to actually reach that cap so it's a very noticeable brick wall you hit. You'll go from like an 80% chance of success all the way up to the cap to suddenly 0% as soon as you hit the cap. Without disciplined you might have more like a 15% when you're nearing the cap and then 0%.

Reactions: Torgun

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
So I know manhunter only works on the MC but if I am doing a ranged build ie: lower strength and dex, is it still worth grabbing for the extra sell price? or do I just train up those stats and then do captures myself?

annoyedlurker

Oct 18, 2023
So, I took one of the girls who didn't have much art, Av101, and replaced her with a girl I made more art for in Daz3D. Is there any way to get the game to recognize that so it'll give me stuff like the strip naked button, or was I silly to try this?

annoyedlurker

Oct 18, 2023
save file please
Are you talking to me? Let me know if this is a bad format or something, it's what it saved as.

Edit: Okay it looks like that might not work, let me mess around with it some more.
Edit2: I've got no idea if you can get anything useful out of this, is there some preferred format I need to shift it to before attaching the file? First time sticking a game save file in a forum text box.

Last edited:

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I think you can change it later, but what dice roll system is best for a "realistic" playthrough I do not interact with dice often I just want the rolls to be fair.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Was curious about this so I actually just tested it. Disciplined has no effect on the stat caps, it just makes it easier to hit the existing caps. Without the dojo the cap is 120. With the dojo the cap is 130. You can hit 130 with or without Disciplined, but with disciplined you can do it fairly easily. Once you get to 130 there's a massive penalty of more than 100 that makes every attempt an automatic failure even with disciplined.

You can build more than 1 dojo for some reason but they don't do anything past the first one other than cost you money.

Melee and ranged can both go to 150 via combat but you can only train them to 130 in the dojo.

I didn't test the caps for followers. In previous versions the follower's frame determined their caps so for instance Ayden had higher caps than Bud. Not sure if that's still true.

It's possible to start with almost 200 strength using an enhanced start if you cheese it to the max when creating your character but I'm not sure it's really worth spending so many points when you can get to 130 for free via training.
Yes, it was right under my nose the entire time.
1715416577142.png

I misread -=120 as -=12, like this:
1715416906333.png

Two conclusions:
1. Disciplined is not very useful as you can easily reach the max cap 130 with trainer and push it options.
2. I need something other than Notepad++ to read the html file.

Mar 5, 2024
View attachment 3622820
I did some math a few weeks ago. Depending on supply and market location: knives, rifles, shotguns, and plasma rifles shuffle in and out of being most profitable investment. When knife supply is at lowest level, they win out overall.
Well I also did some math, at one point anyway. In any case, your spreadsheet looks a little bit simple (ie. a whole lot of things that do affect prices for different materials are missing), also concerning to the selling prices of items (or better weapons) - also the results might be a little bit different, depending on the difficulty level (ie. selling prices for some weapons are lower on grimdark difficulty).

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
How to trigger Bud's personal quest? Going to dinner with him and asking him personal question doesn't trigger any quest. Where it supposed to be appeared?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
In the actual build, the cost of making armour have skyrocket. Combat armour used to be 8 steeps (4 hours, 16 FP) and now it´s 20 steeps (10 hours, 40fp).

And, completely unrelated, Aiko have been screwed really hard by the new HP system. While all other NPC I have find so far have the same or slightly more HP, she have gone down from 75 to 55. That´s harsh...

Still a valuable addition to your household, for all his not combat related values, but have been downgraded from a decent 2nd rate combatant to a 4th rated one...

Last edited:

Jan82

Sep 14, 2021
I have unlocked special events with Lovisa and Michelle during diner at home but no quests pop up. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the quest during diner? I'm still playing the version 8.2.1 gonna upgrade when I have enough influence to buy the anti-aging stuff.

ibell420

May 8, 2021
It seems I have cleared out all the gangs trying to get captives for Fort Sera. Do they come back over time. If not how do I get to 200 fighters in Fort Sera?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
It seems I have cleared out all the gangs trying to get captives for Fort Sera. Do they come back over time. If not how do I get to 200 fighters in Fort Sera?
Various groups will take the fort on Marston Avenue (upper right) and on Stokke Hill (center), there's also bandits that appear regularly in the lower left corner of Stokke Hills and the upper left of Watery Eyes. In addition if control gets low more targets appear. There's also the Highwaymen of Darkmere and they respawn as well.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, it was right under my nose the entire time.
View attachment 3623805

I misread -=120 as -=12, like this:
View attachment 3623822

Two conclusions:
1. Disciplined is not very useful as you can easily reach the max cap 130 with trainer and push it options.
2. I need something other than Notepad++ to read the html file.
Haha yeah I find it difficult to interpret the code for the game so I prefer to actually test it to make sure I didn't miss something. I agree that the way Disciplined is currently coded it's of minimal benefit. It makes training a little easier in the early game but you can train to exactly the same level without it. So unless you're doing an enhanced start where you have so many points you don't know what to do with them I can't see taking it. If it actually raised the caps like the dojo does then it would be different and I would then consider it an auto pick.

I think the one exception I would make for disciplined would be if I decided this game I'm NEVER using F5. Then I would take disciplined because it does increase training chances pretty significantly, just not the cap itself. So instead of needing 100s of training sessions to hit the cap I might only need dozens.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Haha yeah I find it difficult to interpret the code for the game so I prefer to actually test it to make sure I didn't miss something. I agree that the way Disciplined is currently coded it's of minimal benefit. It makes training a little easier in the early game but you can train to exactly the same level without it. So unless you're doing an enhanced start where you have so many points you don't know what to do with them I can't see taking it. If it actually raised the caps like the dojo does then it would be different and I would then consider it an auto pick.
I don't think the dojo removes any cap. With disciplined, but no dojo, I had no difficulty reaching 130 stamina.

It typically goes like this:
Train normal until you start seeing frequent failures, then add trainer and keep doing that until you again start seeing frequent failures, then add trainer and push it. At this point you either fail big (you could roll 1 and still be told you were not even close) or succeed big (even with shitty roll like 80 and still have some margin).

The dojo would seem like it only adds 15 chance which would be insignificant in above scenario. Not close enough in the failed scenario and not needed at all in the successful scenario.

I think the one exception I would make for disciplined would be if I decided this game I'm NEVER using F5. Then I would take disciplined because it does increase training chances pretty significantly, just not the cap itself. So instead of needing 100s of training sessions to hit the cap I might only need dozens.
I actually do that already. I sometimes find it difficult to keep my dirty fingers away from that key when looking at new slave stats at the auction hall, but the game becomes too easy without any bad luck rolls and it is very hard to keep fingers away from F5 once you have started using it.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't think the dojo removes any cap. With disciplined, but no dojo, I had no difficulty reaching 130 stamina.
It might have changed, but what the dojo used to do was that 1 of the 2 bonuses raised the skill cap by up to 10 and the other one raised your chance of success by up to 10. The cap increase might only apply to followers though, I can't remember. In previous versions the cap for followers with a herculean frame was higher than MC's cap. That may not be true anymore. Will have to try some training sessions with Ayden and/or Cassius and see what happens.

I sometimes find it difficult to keep my dirty fingers away from that key when looking at new slave stats at the auction hall, but the game becomes too easy without any bad luck rolls and it is very hard to keep fingers away from F5 once you have started using it.
When I settle into a game that I know is going to be a long term play through and I'm not going to start over in 6 months or whatever I plan to do that as well. For a shorter play through there are certain things that either take so long to grind out or have such a low chance that without F5 I'm going to have to just play as if they don't exist. For a long play through you can eventually work through it.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes