SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
I think that's more on the combat system than anything else, which doesn't differntiate between blunt and "piercing" damage.
On average, men will have more (muscle) mass, higher bone density and thicker skin which help with absorbing blunt impacts (in general, not counting "critical hits")
Then again, my nerdy MC started with 40 Str and Rebecca starts with something like 60 I think.

What I mean is you won't get a woman "as strong as the strongest men" without some super powers or one-off genetical engineering or such. "Stronger than some men" or "most men" is already exceptional.
Keep in mind this is not a Strength variable. That's a separate one. And it's a variable that is used for calculation of anything from fisticuffs to taking a high-powered round (or plasma discharge, heh).

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
Hello guys! Is it possible for a girl to get a trait other than oral fixation and HP and how? Like Warioress? There's Wariorress focus, but as a trait? Does the way to increase traits also work to get them?

Last edited:

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Any plans to allow further upgrades to mercs, even if they need additional upkeep for balance. I grabbed both the girls that were available and don't want to ditch them.
Feel like the plasma could be a good upgrade to the shotgun, no AP just a big damage boost to keep her relevant. Some sort of lightsaber or plasma blade to keep the melee girl competitive.
Allowing the big armour upgrades to make them tankier would be nice too. They should be able to improve their skills as you keep them around, or charge for additional training. Don't mind having to pay for their better gear in exchange for lower upfront and ongoing cost, or just the characters you like.
Could lock improvements behind certain affection thresholds so they aren't instantly broken.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Are you serious? Grim's update frequency is probably unmatched on this forum.

Join Discord. He adds like five new stuff to the patch list each day. And the prostitution stuff is 90% done already.
I didn't say he doesn't update quickly, just don't see the need to focus on food and crafting page layout over the meat of the game. He does a fantastic job, just don't want him to get distracted by all the minutiae. QoL stuff can be added later, imo.

He responded so I'm good.

Last edited:

Ezengrane

Apr 8, 2018
I feel like there has been a lot of feature creep recently that doesn't add a whole lot. I hope Grim focuses 99% of his time completing the main game. I'd like to see the combat overhaul completed, wip quests finished, more quest added, the crafting of items added, more challenges to the MC via house Kymantoo (perhaps internal struggle for control and conflicts with other houses) or personal conflict with npc due to his rise in influence (attacks on house/business, kidnapping of slaves, etc), prostitution overhaul done, more renders and different renders for each type of sex act (gives random during event), than food buying/selling dynamic, etc. Those types of things can be QoL after everything else is done or almost done. Just my opinion.
I played FC, which had a picture per girl, so lack of renders doesn't bother me much, however I feel that sex system could use more options and more differences between girls. Like how non-rebellious slaves behave pretty much the same or some descriptions don't take into account actual body type - breasts are always apple(?) sized.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I didn't say he doesn't update quickly, just don't see the need to focus on food and crafting page layout over the meat of the game. He does a fantastic job, just don't want him to get distracted by all the minutiae. QoL stuff can be added later, imo.

He responded so I'm good.
He doesn't "focus on food," he focuses on the creation of a GAME, and food system is part of that.
If you just want the "meat" then go find it somewhere else. In a book, or a movie, or even a doujin.
Plenty of "meat" for you there without the need to go through all these "annoying" "feature creeps" and stuff. :rolleyes::coffee:

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hello guys! Is it possible for a girl to get a trait other than oral fixation and HP and how? Like Warioress? There's Wariorress focus, but as a trait? Does the way to increase traits also work to get them?
Warrioress can be earned with a long grind by letting the girl fight alone in the arena. You get the Starlet Trait by going alone with her on her birthday in the Golden Dragon and use all the interaction options after ordering a full course.
Perfectionist can be increased by letting a girl have a title while having Discipline 60+, Happiness 50+ and a Willpower 25+.
To get Perverted you need very often make her orgasm during Bondage sex.

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I feel like there has been a lot of feature creep recently that doesn't add a whole lot. I hope Grim focuses 99% of his time completing the main game. I'd like to see the combat overhaul completed, wip quests finished, more quest added, the crafting of items added, more challenges to the MC via house Kymantoo (perhaps internal struggle for control and conflicts with other houses) or personal conflict with npc due to his rise in influence (attacks on house/business, kidnapping of slaves, etc), prostitution overhaul done, more renders and different renders for each type of sex act (gives random during event), than food buying/selling dynamic, etc. Those types of things can be QoL after everything else is done or almost done. Just my opinion.
https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-0-1-grimdark.100207/post-8829503

im starting to see alot of comments like this, where ppl are concerned that Grim is spending too much time on non-essential features and neglecting the primary elements of the game. id like to take a minute try and alleviate these fears, to the best of my ability, while trying to avoid being AGGRESSIVELY DEFENSIVE.

Disclaimer: I am not an official representative for GD-studios, GrimDark, Masters of Raana in any way, shape or form. Any views expressed by myself are solely my own opinion and should not be considered an "official" communication, nor associated with any other entity other than myself. I cannot be held responsible for your misunderstandings, lack of basic logic or common sense, poor reading comprehension, imagined personal slights or undermining your ego. Your fragile mental state/victim mentality is not my responsibility.
I do acknowledge, however that I am human and therefore am not perfect. I may make mistakes, and am willing to accept responsibility for owning those errors and adjusting accordingly. It is not my intention to harm, insult, distress, offend and/or otherwise make others uncomfortable. If that happens, please accept my apologies in advance.

- it is worth noting that Grim starting working on this project (working out the lore, the core game loop, primary game elements, teaching himself twine/sugarcube, etc) early last year. he released the first version of the game approximately Nov 2021. since then he has, as Donovas66 and other have pointed out, continued to update and expand the game at a pace far faster than the majority of the games on this forum. thats one of the things that stood out to me when i first came across it in Jan of this year. at this time, the game techinically isnt even a year old yet.

factor in that the has his is an adult with all the corresponding obligations and responsibilities that come that (not gonna get into specifics regarding this personal life, but i can confirm that he IS NOT SOME SINGLE UNEMPLOYED DUDE LIVING IN HIS PARENTS BASEMENT WITH NOTHING BUT TIME ON HIS HANDS), and is working on this game by himself w/some help from volunteers, it is my opinion that he is doing pretty good.

i am not saying that Grim is perfect, and that anyone questioning his work needs to die in a car fire. NOT WHAT IM SAYING.
i am merely pointing out that taking into account the circumstances, hes doing pretty well.

- Grim had a full roadmap planned out for the game before initial release. of course, as time went on, he made adjustments and changes according to the feedback he received, and has been expanding his game dev skills as he has gained more experience. i have observed this in real time since i started following the game in jan.

a great example of this is the expansion of rooms for slaves in the player mansion. the demand to collect more and more slaves was unanticipated by Grim. he thought 2 at a time was enough (YES, I KNOW. IT WAS CUTE HOW CLUELESS HE WAS). after multiple polls confirmed that this was a major friction point for players, he posted two related goals on his SubscribeStar.Adult page. both goals were funded within a very short period of time. accordingly, Grim readjusted the game roadmap to focus on this. this required refactoring major parts of the game to account for the increased variables and adjustments to the interconnecting frameworks of the game elements. this has resulting in delays for major content expansions (like the combat revamp, crafting system completion, game economy, new areas, new professions, fleshing out current professions, etc etc etc).

so if it seems like expanding the "main" game has fallen to the wayside, its due to unanticipated player demand for certain features (MOAR SLAVES FOR SEGGS). that being said, hes still working on the "main" game, but he wants to fulfill the promise made to his subscribers.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 110130.png

i will go on record that i felt that he posted the prostitution/harem and legacy/waifu expansion goals too close to each other. i felt that he should have spaced the monetary goals out further apart so that he would have more time to code/write them into the game, and expressed that to him privately. he honestly didnt think that those goals would be reached so quickly, so he felt it was fine. he figured it would take months for for both goals to be met. like the end of the year.

both goals were hit in the space of approx a month. and here we are. i told Grim he is the victim of his own success. he severely underestimated the response, and the value of his work, in my opinion. lesson learned.

- that being said, he has been including "main game" expansion features bit by bit, adjusting where needed. things like the food demand, new hunting areas, date events, etc are examples. these were things he had already planned for the game, and works on them while running renders in the background. other stuff like Great House expansion elements, random encounter/event engines, random slave generator etc, are coming. we just need to be patient.

rendering is probably the biggest bottleneck he has right now (other than flying solo). in addition to coding in new features, fleshing out and expanding exisiting ones, and fixing issues, he has been trying to get all the girls renders completed. i hope that he will be able to upgrade his GPU again. he has already replaced his original GPU, but because he didnt anticipate being able to afford a top of the line model, he went with something more affordable. hes a frugal one, Grim.

- lastly, (and this one i do find a bit irritating, ill be honest), holding off on QoL improvements until everything is done or almost done is ostensibly ill-advised. this game is evolving in real-time, growing and adapting as Grim follows his planned roadmap and adjusts due to player feedback. who the hell know when it will be done? not Grim, thats for damn sure. his vision for the game is pretty damn expansive. saying he should finish most of the game and THEN go back and fix things is just plain ignorant of the nature of coding something. especially when its just one guy doing it, not a whole team effort.

refactoring whole elements of the game towards the end of development may sound easy, but im pretty sure its not. MY PERSONAL OPINION, fix things now, not later. otherwise, you will end up with trying to unravel spaghetti code that is entangled with every major engine and element in the game. thats not gonna end well. thats how games get abandoned. they get so far along that going back to fix things becomes an impossible task.

i dunno where that sentiment came from, but this game may take YEARS to complete. look at all the games on F95. how many of them are finished? like, really finished, not ended abruptly/prematurely. many are years into development, and are showing no signs of completion.

i want this game to continue on. i want to see Grim's vision of the game come to life.

cause if he keeps on this path, Grim will have created the game that i always wanted to play.

EDIT: REMOVED A QUOTE THAT I MISINTERPRETED. SORRY SpikyHair. THAT ONES ON ME.

Last edited:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
im starting to see alot of comments like this, where ppl are concerned that Grim is spending too much time on non-essential features and neglecting the primary elements of the game.
Wait, what exactly in my post is even tangential to what you wrote about?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 12:29 AM
A preview of Miss Devious extensive bondage course, and one of her very helpful slaves.

Miss Devious' course is the first larger content feature that has rendered scenes made by a professional 3D-artist (that is, NOT GrimDark).

Her course is done and ready for the Alpha release in the beginning of September!

1661500590464.png
1661500626791.png

NorthmanPT

Oct 30, 2018
WTF... It's the first time I see a game openning on Chrome! I didn't even know that was a thing in this kind of games...:unsure:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-0-1-grimdark.100207/post-8829503

im starting to see alot of comments like this, where ppl are concerned that Grim is spending too much time on non-essential features and neglecting the primary elements of the game. id like to take a minute try and alleviate these fears, to the best of my ability, while trying to avoid being AGGRESSIVELY DEFENSIVE.

Disclaimer: I am not an official representative for GD-studios, GrimDark, Masters of Raana in any way, shape or form. Any views expressed by myself are solely my own opinion and should not be considered an "official" communication, nor associated with any other entity other than myself. I cannot be held responsible for your misunderstandings, lack of basic logic or common sense, poor reading comprehension, imagined personal slights or undermining your ego. Your fragile mental state/victim mentality is not my responsibility.
I do acknowledge, however that I am human and therefore am not perfect. I may make mistakes, and am willing to accept responsibility for owning those errors and adjusting accordingly. It is not my intention to harm, insult, distress, offend and/or otherwise make others uncomfortable. If that happens, please accept my apologies in advance.

- it is worth noting that Grim starting working on this project (working out the lore, the core game loop, primary game elements, teaching himself twine/sugarcube, etc) early last year. he released the first version of the game approximately Nov 2021. since then he has, as Donovas66 and other have pointed out, continued to update and expand the game at a pace far faster than the majority of the games on this forum. thats one of the things that stood out to me when i first came across it in Jan of this year. at this time, the game techinically isnt even a year old yet.

factor in that the has his is an adult with all the corresponding obligations and responsibilities that come that (not gonna get into specifics regarding this personal life, but i can confirm that he IS NOT SOME SINGLE UNEMPLOYED DUDE LIVING IN HIS PARENTS BASEMENT WITH NOTHING BUT TIME ON HIS HANDS), and is working on this game by himself w/some help from volunteers, it is my opinion that he is doing pretty good.

i am not saying that Grim is perfect, and that anyone questioning his work needs to die in a car fire. NOT WHAT IM SAYING.
i am merely pointing out that taking into account the circumstances, hes doing pretty well.

- Grim had a full roadmap planned out for the game before initial release. of course, as time went on, he made adjustments and changes according to the feedback he received, and has been expanding his game dev skills as he has gained more experience. i have observed this in real time since i started following the game in jan.

a great example of this is the expansion of rooms for slaves in the player mansion. the demand to collect more and more slaves was unanticipated by Grim. he thought 2 at a time was enough (YES, I KNOW. IT WAS CUTE HOW CLUELESS HE WAS). after multiple polls confirmed that this was a major friction point for players, he posted two related goals on his SubscribeStar.Adult page. both goals were funded within a very short period of time. accordingly, Grim readjusted the game roadmap to focus on this. this required refactoring major parts of the game to account for the increased variables and adjustments to the interconnecting frameworks of the game elements. this has resulting in delays for major content expansions (like the combat revamp, crafting system completion, game economy, new areas, new professions, fleshing out current professions, etc etc etc).

so if it seems like expanding the "main" game has fallen to the wayside, its due to unanticipated player demand for certain features (MOAR SLAVES FOR SEGGS). that being said, hes still working on the "main" game, but he wants to fulfill the promise made to his subscribers.

View attachment 2004997

i will go on record that i felt that he posted the prostitution/harem and legacy/waifu expansion goals too close to each other. i felt that he should have spaced the monetary goals out further apart so that he would have more time to code/write them into the game, and expressed that to him privately. he honestly didnt think that those goals would be reached so quickly, so he felt it was fine. he figured it would take months for for both goals to be met. like the end of the year.

both goals were hit in the space of approx a month. and here we are. i told Grim he is the victim of his own success. he severely underestimated the response, and the value of his work, in my opinion. lesson learned.

- that being said, he has been including "main game" expansion features bit by bit, adjusting where needed. things like the food demand, new hunting areas, date events, etc are examples. these were things he had already planned for the game, and works on them while running renders in the background. other stuff like Great House expansion elements, random encounter/event engines, random slave generator etc, are coming. we just need to be patient.

rendering is probably the biggest bottleneck he has right now (other than flying solo). in addition to coding in new features, fleshing out and expanding exisiting ones, and fixing issues, he has been trying to get all the girls renders completed. i hope that he will be able to upgrade his GPU again. he has already replaced his original GPU, but because he didnt anticipate being able to afford a top of the line model, he went with something more affordable. hes a frugal one, Grim.

- lastly, (and this one i do find a bit irritating, ill be honest), holding off on QoL improvements until everything is done or almost done is ostensibly ill-advised. this game is evolving in real-time, growing and adapting as Grim follows his planned roadmap and adjusts due to player feedback. who the hell know when it will be done? not Grim, thats for damn sure. his vision for the game is pretty damn expansive. saying he should finish most of the game and THEN go back and fix things is just plain ignorant of the nature of coding something. especially when its just one guy doing it, not a whole team effort.

refactoring whole elements of the game towards the end of development may sound easy, but im pretty sure its not. MY PERSONAL OPINION, fix things now, not later. otherwise, you will end up with trying to unravel spaghetti code that is entangled with every major engine and element in the game. thats not gonna end well. thats how games get abandoned. they get so far along that going back to fix things becomes an impossible task.

i dunno where that sentiment came from, but this game may take YEARS to complete. look at all the games on F95. how many of them are finished? like, really finished, not ended abruptly/prematurely. many are years into development, and are showing no signs of completion.

i want this game to continue on. i want to see Grim's vision of the game come to life.

cause if he keeps on this path, Grim will have created the game that i always wanted to play.

EDIT: REMOVED A QUOTE THAT I MISINTERPRETED. SORRY SpikyHair. THAT ONES ON ME.
Now I'm going to defend my post.

The problem is that constantly doing minor adjustments that aren't truly needed does take time. I understand wanting to make the "perfect" game, but no game is ever perfect. Sometimes, you have to say this is good enough and move on, otherwise that timeline will continue to stretch out longer and longer. Many of those games you describe aren't finished because they keep adding things, changing things for whatever reason and then burn out or it becomes too buggy or the story becomes to convoluted and they don't know what to do next or how to finish or worse case they're milking the supporters. I definitely don't want that to happen here.

I understand about making supporters happy. Some of the things that people want, for example, like the one you just posted about tendstims and food amounts on main screen is nice though unnecessary. I don't know how long it took, maybe just 5 minutes, but to your point about spaghetti code, was the extra code necessary? Will that extra code be a problem later when he needs to make a more important adjustment? I don't know, but Grim already gave us an easy way to check by putting access to the mercenaries on the main page. All you have to do is look at your mercenary screen and the number of tendstims is right there. After all, how often do you need to know that? Before a battle? Even then it isn't totally necessary since you can't heal in battle anyway and after battle just go to the store to buy more if you don't have enough. If healing in battle becomes a thing, you'll be checking your mercenaries before battle and you'll see how many you have then.

As for food, if you don't have an idea of how much food you have and you really need to know the amount it is already shown in your inventory. I've yet to see an occasion where it was vital to know and you couldn't click on your inventory to find out. Maybe I haven't run into it, so I don't know. On top of that, when you go to sell you're shown how much you have.

The point being, nice to have and maybe cosmetically pleasing to see, but not really necessary to have. All I was asking are these types of things worth the time and code to implement? This is not to denigrate any of his work on things like this, it's pretty awesome how responsive Grim is and how willing he is to cater to the requests people make.

Grim had already replied to me and I'm good with whatever he wants to do and I'll trust him to separate the wheat from the chaff. It's his game and I know he wants to make it the best he can. I also think he is making a remarkable game and even without the sex part it is a crpg that I would want to purchase and play. I've tried many post-apocalytic type games from major and indie devs and many weren't this interesting.

All said and done, it was just an opinion as is this.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021

GrimDark — Today at 12:29 AM
A preview of Miss Devious extensive bondage course, and one of her very helpful slaves.

Miss Devious' course is the first larger content feature that has rendered scenes made by a professional 3D-artist (that is, NOT GrimDark).

Her course is done and ready for the Alpha release in the beginning of September!
Any plans for the "lmao go fuck yourself Ms D"-Route? So far all it seems to do is disable her store as work option

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
As for food, if you don't have an idea of how much food you have and you really need to know the amount it is already shown in your inventory. I've yet to see an occasion where it was vital to know and you couldn't click on your inventory to find out. Maybe I haven't run into it, so I don't know. On top of that, when you go to sell you're shown how much you have.

The point being, nice to have and maybe cosmetically pleasing to see, but not really necessary to have. All I was asking are these types of things worth the time and code to implement? This is not to denigrate any of his work on things like this, it's pretty awesome how responsive Grim is and how willing he is to cater to the requests people make.
I think it is very helpful for new players to have immediate access to relatively critical information that's normally hidden behind two or three clicks and to have multiple ways of accessing that sort of information. I have no idea how long it took to code or if it will cause problems in the future, but as a new player it was a nice feature to add. Numerous times I've wanted or needed to know how much in the way of food I had or (especially) tendstims and just trying to remember just how that was accessed is irritating. Now that I've played the game a bit I can navigate the system very easily and get to where I need to go with ease, but early on I would get lost in the menu system on the lower left and was kind of gunshy about clicking around after I noticed that (many places) every click costs you time.

I understand why he chose to make it that way, but it did inhibit my willingness to just click around and explore the system because too many times I'd managed to screw up my whole plan for the day because I wanted/needed to know just how many tendstims or food I had and at that point didn't know for certain how to find that info without it costing me some time.

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
Can Someone help. Junos Birthday today.. Ask to take her t the dragon resturant ... There is no option on Events & activities. Am I missing something please help?

Debaser Pixie

Aug 23, 2019
I may be just going blind or am an idiot, but once I put a slave in the arena there doesn't seem to be a way to remove them without swapping another slave for their spot. I would like to remove the arena slave and sell her, but I do not want to sacrifice another slave to do so. Am I missing something?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes