Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Getting to hunting is not that bad and success chance seems ok. My gripe is that you can't improve your shooting skill when hunting... or in combat (from my experience). And shooting practice just so happens to cost money, because... ammo is precious. And then again, what is the point of 3 different hunting techniques? Just standing there with a crossbow seems to work best and gain the most.
There's different percent chances based on weather conditions and time of day.

Hunting with a rifle almost always gains less skin. Too many holes or what is the story?
That would be my guess.

Almost always? Just far too often it so happens to my that I spent 90 bucks on top of 15 for the ammo, only to hear from the trainer that I suck.
Up until about 60? When do you train? I start in the morning with full stamina and I almost always succeed up until about 60 as long as I hire a trainer. When I start missing I push the other button to 'push it' or whatever and up until about 80 I again start succeeding about every time.

The odds are just too low in many activities. Too much dice-rolling. Instead of difficulty-scaled tasks and missions which will improve your stats as you move along with your story, you have to spend quite some time doing the same thing over and over again, just so you won't get killed at your first combat or your first live-in slave will not laugh at the state of your house or your poor manipulation technique. Which is grinding, even if you don't resort to save-scumming.
I think this is more of a long term game like Daggerfall if you remember that. You don't have to do any training at all to start combat once you know who to hit first and to hire good mercenaries. My current run I started with 30 ranged combat and hired Felix and the Space Marine and cleared the board of all but the toughest nuts the first few days. I use those tribe guys up north as my target practice. I use the thirty-ought and give two to my girls and go up there as soon as we have combat armor. You can get enough for that by doing the easy little missions and the bounties in the first day or so. That's how I do my ranged combat training now!

My current run I'm 44 days in and without doing a single ranged combat training I raised it from 30 to 51. Juno started at about 25 and is at 37 now. Michelle did better, I think because of 'perfectionist', and went from 15 to 33. Felix and the Space Marine do most of the heavy lifting of course, especially in the beginning, but that force can pretty much clear the board of all but the worst of the targets.

As for the girls, I'm just real nice to them in the beginning. I go for max charm as that is more difficult to come by through books or courses. Therefore I can butter them up nicely as I seldom fail any of the 'talk' options and I don't bother trying to boss them around much at the start. That will come later. Until then I have lots of passionate sex while their willpower slowly drops from using some of the options during sex. I don't miss out on that.

And there are also some sweet traps set for the player at this stage of the development. I don't recommend outfitting your MC with a Hugh Mungus of a dick if you're into anal. You'll need to prepare the girls' butts for big cock experience first - a bit of realism which I appreciate - using a set of buttplugs, which you can buy but cannot use - a bit of unrealism I don't appreciate. However, you can still ass fuck them when they're in bondage... which they may find pleasurable and happiness increasing, even the rough pace, but which will not improve their love of anal. Only sex without ropes does... which, again, is a bit odd. While there should be a distinction between corporal punishment and sex, for highly corrupted and loving, loyal slaves, this distinction should be blurred. And it is, in text descriptions, but not in 'the numbers' game.
I picked the middle option and used it until I discovered there were 'size queens' with whom I might need the extra bonus. That lasted one game, I decided I didn't need the glowing red phallus in my face all game, size queens be damned. I also suspected there might be drawbacks as well, this seemed to be that sort of game.

I think overall this is a damned intricate system he has for the sex and ratings. I don't expect perfection in the alphas but am awfully impressed by how it works so far. Takes a little long though, didn't the 'quickie' make it to the twenty-fifth century?

Reactions: Gato21

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Is there a way to swap the positions of your mercenaries without firing and re-hiring? I haven't seen a way, but I may be missing it.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
ugh, FreeCities. amazing game. loved it.

the sex interactions were TERRIBAD. i havent poked in there in awhile though. it may have improved, the last i played the framework for the improved sex interactions had just placeholders.
No, last time I checked FreeCities was what it always been: an absurdly industrialized sex-economy manager, where all interactions with your slaves come out as mechanical, vacant and soulless as possible.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I picked the middle option and used it until I discovered there were 'size queens' with whom I might need the extra bonus. That lasted one game, I decided I didn't need the glowing red phallus in my face all game, size queens be damned. I also suspected there might be drawbacks as well, this seemed to be that sort of game.
There are three penis ratings, Normal, Impressive and Massive. Massive is the dong you want if you want broken or Devoted Slaves because it is so big it fucks girls into submission. Impressive is the dong you want if you rather have slaves with normal willpower. Because you will so neither get Mali while Fucking Sizequeens or Delicate Girls.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
No, last time I checked FreeCities was what it always been: an absurdly industrialized sex-economy manager, where all interactions with your slaves come out as mechanical, vacant and soulless as possible.
Isn't that mechanical vacant soullessness the exactly correct state of things to have when the idea is selling them and getting wealthy for that?
(In this game I have found it quite impractical to sell these adorable little cuties. Poor ROI, much grief upon the act and occasional regrets afterward when their currently WIP missions finally become possible to run.)

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Isn't that mechanical vacant soullessness the exactly correct state of things to have when the idea is selling them and getting wealthy for that?
(In this game I have found it quite impractical to sell these adorable little cuties. Poor ROI, much grief upon the act and occasional regrets afterward when their currently WIP missions finally become possible to run.)
Exactly. That is why FreeCities makes for a poor slave/sex trainer type of game, while this one... shows some potential, although ideally in my opinion an interactive, 3D-fied real time simulator would be the best in this regard. Just imagine, insead of text-heavy scenes with buttons to push, you would tap or rub touchscreen with a tied-up girl on it and your dexterity and sense of rhythm would decide if you're a master spanker or a clumsy brute.

We'll see if the upcoming releases expand on the sex encounter modules without creating a buggy mess or over-the-top scenarios with body modifications / magical transformations, so you could engage in armpit throatfucking or navel penetration. So far oral sex is quite nuanced, even including whipping while receiving fellatio, which in reality... does not work as one would expect. So I can only hope you'll be able to pull some extra moves when penetrating other orifices, like butt or boob slapping, hair pulling... And bondage sessions could also see some more love, not just dungeon play, but everyday activities for them girls too - chastity, orgasm control, prolonged stimulation, punitive underwear, diet modification...

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
On the topic of grind vs gameplay, I think something is a grind/chore if when given the option you'd rather have it performed automatically on a schedule. For example I feel like training currently could be assigned to be a scheduled daily activity and I wouldn't lose out. But then again most of what isn't quests or combat is rather monotonous tbh

Reactions: M.Sato

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Exactly. That is why FreeCities makes for a poor slave/sex trainer type of game, while this one... shows some potential, although ideally in my opinion an interactive, 3D-fied real time simulator would be the best in this regard. Just imagine, insead of text-heavy scenes with buttons to push, you would tap or rub touchscreen with a tied-up girl on it and your dexterity and sense of rhythm would decide if you're a master spanker or a clumsy brute.

We'll see if the upcoming releases expand on the sex encounter modules without creating a buggy mess or over-the-top scenarios with body modifications / magical transformations, so you could engage in armpit throatfucking or navel penetration. So far oral sex is quite nuanced, even including whipping while receiving fellatio, which in reality... does not work as one would expect. So I can only hope you'll be able to pull some extra moves when penetrating other orifices, like butt or boob slapping, hair pulling... And bondage sessions could also see some more love, not just dungeon play, but everyday activities for them girls too - chastity, orgasm control, prolonged stimulation, punitive underwear, diet modification...
Where Free Cities (at least Pregmod) excels, is IMHOP the chance a player can have some say with where the slave goes when sold. There are at least some 'nice' choices among the willing buyers, like the guy who wants a slave to bear his heir or perhaps heiress - and the one who'd more or less just like a slave to give oral under the table while he is working. :giggle: There are also total lunatics and simply evil folks that will probably outright torture the slave to painful death, but as long as there are several less disgusting choices to sell the slave to that makes a lot of difference for me.

Call me a romantic idiot, but for me there is some extra difficulty in selling 'my girls' when they might end for example to Mastersphere where there - along the game lore - are some true weirdoes and lunatics with their nigh endless choice of torturing devices. I'm pretty convinced there'd be more willing slave sellers on Raana as well in case their former love-birds could find some respect, safety and perhaps even love in their new homes.

Lostsoul333

Aug 28, 2022
So i have done all the steps to get the qust the dig started for my game and its not seem to want to give me the Qust is there a bug with this?

Lostsoul333

Aug 28, 2022
I fell survival skill should also have some pull into how much damage you take if hit... and or how fast you heal when hurt,or how fast stamina drain/recover. To me, survival is more than just about learning how to hunt but also taking care of yourself. How to bind your leg if you sprain it, and what plants can be used to lessen pain. or brake a fever, slow bleeding. I know this also seems to bleed into medical stat and I am not saying it would overshadow it but many like 1 out of every 5 or 10 points in survival boost that roll

Incognito9

Jul 22, 2022
First off, this is an amazing game with great potential. Thank you for it.

My biggest problem is that there are is not enough room in the annex for the slaves. At the moment there is just enough space for all of the quest ones. Since the game is still in development, one does not know which slaves could be sold without missing out on upcoming quest content. I think just two more spots would be perfect.

Another suggestion would be to finish the graphics on the current permanent slaves before coming out with new ones. There is little incentive to buy some of the current slaves, if their renderings are mostly incomplete.

Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Lostsoul333

Aug 28, 2022
My biggest problem is that there are is not enough room in the annex for the slaves. At the moment there is just enough space for all of the quest ones.
I feel 6 is plenty if you plan to keep them all happy and broken... However, I would like the option to take 4 slaves out at once not just 2, and hire 2 guards... I don't like how if you don't wanna pay a guard for a day you have to repay the commission fea each time you rehire them... i rather just tell my slaves to stop work that one day I wanna go a lot of combat and use them then always have payed men

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Surely the food balancing was a waste of time, at least the good thing is it was only a very short time wasted.
I also frown upon giving changelogs of things that aren't even ready as if they were a done thing. I wish people weren't allowed to post a changelog without a download link. I'd really love to test the changes instead of reading them and then realizing - oh the public version with these changes doesn't even have a release date and the alpha version is next month. You can't call that a changelog, it's a promise at best. Btw if it's alpha maybe it should be discussed where people have access to that, unless the dev really wants to take non-supporters opinions into account, which I doubt is the case.
Surely the food balancing was a waste of time, at least the good thing is it was only a very short time wasted.
I also frown upon giving changelogs of things that aren't even ready as if they were a done thing. I wish people weren't allowed to post a changelog without a download link. I'd really love to test the changes instead of reading them and then realizing - oh the public version with these changes doesn't even have a release date and the alpha version is next month. You can't call that a changelog, it's a promise at best. Btw if it's alpha maybe it should be discussed where people have access to that, unless the dev really wants to take non-supporters opinions into account, which I doubt is the case.
Lolwut?

Sparred with plenty of young women who would put the typical tough guy to utter shame in terms of resilience. Not sure if there's something being lost in translation or whatnot, but that description is... pretty silly.

Anyway, looking forward to public release of the fixes in -0.2. Watched this game for a while (really dig the management aspect, and definitely MoR stands out from other titles in terms of production value). Dipped a bit into 0.8, but not enough to provide anything but first impressions.

Definitely looking forward to the final form of this :)

i always found it odd the the world lore and game mechanics were so fleshed out and immersive, but when it came to sex?

meh. so weird.

based solely upon Grim's writing and vision for the game, i feel like further expanding upon the sexual interactions framework should work out ok. but lets all keep in mind that Grim is still learning, so feedback and debate is important to him.

keep the ideas, criticisms, brainstorming and impressions coming!

Reguna

Jun 1, 2017
I am using Firefox and exported a save file using it.

But I can't import it back , so I am forced to keep the game folder in the same location.
What can I do about this?

(Importing save into Chromium doesn't work as well)

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
First off, this is an amazing game with great potential. Thank you for it.

My biggest problem is that there are is not enough room in the annex for the slaves. At the moment there is just enough space for all of the quest ones.
You probably haven't lived with more than 2 women under the same roof.

There is little incentive to buy some of the current slaves, if their renderings are mostly incomplete.
Renderings? Apart from their looks and snippets of the backstories there is very little difference between them so far. The interactions are pretty much the same, even if they have some particular traits. And since there aren't too many options to economically exploit them, what is the point of keeping an army of sex clones? If some group sex scenes were to be added or internal affairs (one girl hates another and this affects the atmosphere at home, what do you do; or one girl is too fond of another, what do you do) then it could have been different. At the moment, these slaves are more like trophy wives with chores rather than slaves in the true sense of the word, which is source of free labour with limited or no personal freedom.

• Sad
Reactions: oh_cock and Gato21

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I am using Firefox and exported a save file using it.

But I can't import it back , so I am forced to keep the game folder in the same location.
What can I do about this?

(Importing save into Chromium doesn't work as well)
first off, the saves are stored in the browser memory, not in the game folder. the only time you save info to your computer is when you manually download it. its the nature of html games.

the browsers do attach the in-browser save games to its record of where the game files are located, however. it should still upload to another browser.

but heres a question. have you run the game on chrome yet? if not, run the game on chrome first, from where you want the game folder to be.

then try loading the save game.

keep in mind that only chrome is officially supported. there may be glitches with other browsers.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Renderings? Apart from their looks and snippets of the backstories there is very little difference between them so far. The interactions are pretty much the same, even if they have some particular traits. And since there aren't too many options to economically exploit them, what is the point of keeping an army of sex clones? If some group sex scenes were to be added or internal affairs (one girl hates another and this affects the atmosphere at home, what do you do; or one girl is too fond of another, what do you do) then it could have been different. At the moment, these slaves are more like trophy wives with chores rather than slaves in the true sense of the word, which is source of free labour with limited or no personal freedom.
I have to agree, so far the only difference is their starting stats.

If the unique slaves had unique perks it would make sense. They have quests sure, but after you've done their quest what makes them different from a randomly generated slave? and your point on the dialog is on point, as that would be the same problem.

The dev wants to add "randomly generated slaves" but as of now, what's the difference?

Making them unique will require a ton of work if the dev wants to give each of them personality, but I don't see any other way of making them actually different to a randomly generated slave.

Reactions: Gato21
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes