jsmith27x

Apr 28, 2021
Is there a reason that I can now only get "you make a good effort but it's not enough to raise your servant's skills at this time" is now the only outcome I can get from combat training Laika? She was finally getting half decent with the power katana and now I've spent 10 minutes retrying combat training and only getting this message.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
This is the only outcome I can get now, no matter what.
Seems like when skills reach 60 it becomes outstandingly hard to increase'em. Haven't look into the code tho, not that I would understand it if I did.

BTW, since Laika has a bonus on scavenging, wouldn't it make more sense to increase her intellectual skills?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
as mentioned, 2 main problems w teaching: (this assumes a long term game, not the "play to a point & restart" that some play)
1) Must teach (nearly) everyday, or loose influence
2) Uses up ~9h (by the time you get home) so really can't do much else.

If if compare to IRL, should get 2/7 days off; summers/vacation time; sick time, etc.
Maybe only Req teach 4/7 days
I thought it was just 15 out of 30 days? That's what I remember from the last time I did it. I just checked that save and that's what it says, 15 out of 30 days. If you go that route it's a good time to get your girls some academy training (and job training/income) too while you're tutoring.

I never had a problem teaching my required time, and there comes a point where you don't really need to do any more training.

jsmith27x

Apr 28, 2021
Seems like when skills reach 60 it becomes outstandingly hard to increase'em. Haven't look into the code tho, not that I would understand it if I did.

BTW, since Laika has a bonus on scavenging, wouldn't it make more sense to increase her intellectual skills?
Up until this point combat training also increased her strength, dexterity, and ranged combat, none of which have reached 60 yet (except dexterity which started at 60). Due to critical hits in combat, her melee skill has now increased to 65 but all the other scores are now stuck with no ability to increase. Her ranged skill could also increase the same way if I make her use ranged combat, but even that still leaves strength and dexterity unable to increase, and every time she goes down she loses 1 strength.

As far as what strategically sensible, she starts out with a ranged score of 20, melee skill 17 and strength 18, and her max health is only 25 so she is critically injured very easily, so it's already not strategically most sensible to use her for combat. The question is why is training available, but also impossible? If she's maxed out, make training unavailable, and if she's not, make training at least possible to be effective.

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
#4 - Sexually depleted
I would move to a cum total system. Say the player has 7 cum per day and uses 1 cum per orgasm. Once the player reaches zero, then he is done. I strongly dislike the current system. These sex systems (which are common) seem to be designed by people who have never had sex in their life.
I for one thought the current one-and-done seemed like a good balance considering days go by pretty quick. Do some work, train, fuck, and that's pretty much a full day in MoR.

Also, you can cum Seven times in a day? Holy fuck. I was thinking a max of three is about right for a >25 year old human male.
Considering the amount of time that sex takes in the game I'm not sure you would have enough hours in the Ranaa day to get off 7 times.
According to Wikipedia the median time from penetration to (male) orgasm is 5.4 minutes. MC being able to fuck for more than an hour is already Superman level sex endurance.

Reactions: Caesariuz

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Up until this point combat training also increased her strength, dexterity, and ranged combat, none of which have reached 60 yet (except dexterity which started at 60). Due to critical hits in combat, her melee skill has now increased to 65 but all the other scores are now stuck with no ability to increase. Her ranged skill could also increase the same way if I make her use ranged combat, but even that still leaves strength and dexterity unable to increase, and every time she goes down she loses 1 strength.

As far as what strategically sensible, she starts out with a ranged score of 20, melee skill 17 and strength 18, and her max health is only 25 so she is critically injured very easily, so it's already not strategically most sensible to use her for combat. The question is why is training available, but also impossible? If she's maxed out, make training unavailable, and if she's not, make training at least possible to be effective.
First: Duuuuuuuude! Why R U taking a child to a gun fight?! Are you role playing Batman? o_O

Seems like there is a cap triggering when dex pass 60, or maybe when melee reaches 60. Wherever the case, this looks like a slip up, it would make more sense if the trigger went off when all skills reached the +60.

Try waiting for the Dev's next post, see if he answers you. If not, mark him in your post.

Good luck!

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
First: Duuuuuuuude! Why R U taking a child to a gun fight?! Are you role playing Batman? o_O
What happened to "choose ANYONE as your follower" and "Complete control over your playstyle. Choose your own path" ? :giggle:

Batman? I know I am seriously ignorant about the new things in the game, but last I looked I imagine Bud Walton called himself Budman, not Batman.

( I admit someone swooshing around in a Batmobile on the same streets where 97 % of transport happens with horse powered carts could gather a good deal of attention. Quite a sight, methinks! Yeah! )

On a bit more serious note I suppose a kid could be more safe as a somewhat equipped and trained teamster than scavenging alone the streets - especially if she keeps on addressing everyone "Tuva"...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: M.Sato

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I thought it was just 15 out of 30 days? That's what I remember from the last time I did it. I just checked that save and that's what it says, 15 out of 30 days. If you go that route it's a good time to get your girls some academy training (and job training/income) too while you're tutoring.

I never had a problem teaching my required time, and there comes a point where you don't really need to do any more training.
That's how it has been for me up through .8.1.1. Grim did say he was going to change the teaching dynamic in the future.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Is there a reason that I can now only get "you make a good effort but it's not enough to raise your servant's skills at this time" is now the only outcome I can get from combat training Laika? She was finally getting half decent with the power katana and now I've spent 10 minutes retrying combat training and only getting this message.
You've probably encountered the "kiddie cap" - children below 15 can't raise their combat skills above 60 through training (unless they have a gifted trait).

I'll rework the ISSID training system soon, though, enabling you to choose DEX, STR, ranged or melee instead of the current simplified pooling when it comes to physical skills.

Same goes for Max Health. Kids need to be 15 or above to start raising that number above 25.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
I for one thought the current one-and-done seemed like a good balance considering days go by pretty quick. Do some work, train, fuck, and that's pretty much a full day in MoR.

Also, you can cum Seven times in a day? Holy fuck. I was thinking a max of three is about right for a >25 year old human male.
Considering the amount of time that sex takes in the game I'm not sure you would have enough hours in the Ranaa day to get off 7 times.
According to Wikipedia the median time from penetration to (male) orgasm is 5.4 minutes. MC being able to fuck for more than an hour is already Superman level sex endurance.
I hate to reply to messages like this because I don't feel like it is my job to educate people.

Yes, when I was in my 20s I could cum 7 times a day every other day (a rest day in between). I had a horny girlfriend at the time and we lived together for several years. We fucked like rabbits.

Yes, the first orgasm takes 5 minutes but then the second takes 10, the third 20 minutes. I usually had to take an hour break after the third but I could cum 3 times in a row pretty easily (first three orgasms).

I also noticed that the better shape I was in physically, the more orgasms I could have. I don't know if it had to do with an increase in testosterone or what but that seemed to be the case for me at least. I had the most physically demanding job I had in my life at that time loading tractor trailers full of milk products all day. It was very physically taxing and difficult work.

Yes, everything in the game takes a lot of time so days go by quickly (a bit too quickly for my tastes). I would prefer to reduce the time it takes to do most tasks by 25% to 50%. Days fly by like the wind in this game.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Mod update

Bal_&_LESS_GRIND_Mod info (public notes)
=========================
-Inc stamina gains mult places (get MAX upgrades Bedroom & bath!)
-inc Trainingng odds (PUSH IT)
-slight inc Charm purchase & max purchase limit
-no more "unwanted decadence" (OMG game's grindy enough!) [IRL everybody could each train some everyday,insteady of MAX 2x per HOUSE]
-easier to corrupt during BDSM
-Decreased TIME for many events (hint hint dev! Clicking "back" button shouldn't take 6 min!) If text says "less than 3 min" (etc) TIME SHOULD MATCH TEXT!
-inc Bloodthirsty (happy) Trait limit (no limit is mentioned in Wiki, nor does one make sense; Either it does or it doesn't. )
-dec kids to no pay (they're already getting FREE room & board!) many relatives don't even get an allowance; [should be able to set to 0, inc later, just like for slaves]
-fixed steel sell $
-inc failure boost (there R MANY strict teachers out there, Reality is, students must pass the class whether the love the teacher, or hate them. )
-Dec req materials for: knife, sword;
-updated Knife, crossbow, & sword & materials: wood & steel prices improve to crafting economy. [previously *NOT* profitable DEV!]
-*CANCER FREE!* (cuddling replaces smoking)

-Ansel now comes w Rilfe (as prev) BUT you must still equip.
Mercs: (WIP)
-reset to previous 810 stats
-include previous weapon

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I hate to reply to messages like this because I don't feel like it is my job to educate people.

Yes, when I was in my 20s I could cum 7 times a day every other day (a rest day in between). I had a horny girlfriend at the time and we lived together for several years. We fucked like rabbits.

Yes, the first orgasm takes 5 minutes but then the second takes 10, the third 20 minutes. I usually had to take an hour break after the third but I could cum 3 times in a row pretty easily (first three orgasms).

I also noticed that the better shape I was in physically, the more orgasms I could have. I don't know if it had to do with an increase in testosterone or what but that seemed to be the case for me at least. I had the most physically demanding job I had in my life at that time loading tractor trailers full of milk products all day. It was very physically taxing and difficult work.

Yes, everything in the game takes a lot of time so days go by quickly (a bit too quickly for my tastes). I would prefer to reduce the time it takes to do most tasks by 25% to 50%. Days fly by like the wind in this game.
lucky you! lol (not everyone gets a gf like that in their 20s...)

You bring up something interesting:
Maybe, higher strength/stamina, = more time can *O* during sex? [eg, wimp guy probably MAX 1; but big/tough/hi stamina, several]

BTW, check out my mod; 1 of things worked on (still WIP) is decreasing time for many events [+ inc stamina w upgrades]
Easier to do a more realistic "12 hour day"

IRL: many people exercise, & *THEN* go work 8 hours; (probably not hard manual labor though! lol)
Many have a day job, & then either a 2nd job, or go to school/study. (or in this case, craft/fish/hunt/etc;)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

need to find it in code, but I think it's 15/18? or 15/20? None of my char R qualified to teach in 811,
tried teaching guy on old version, but you only get that exact screen [15/XXX] when START, or end? terms I think.

Training varies greatly, but for *MAX* $ profit, you need MAX stats, [selling] & yes that means lots of training.
More girls= more time needed to train, (even if you don't sell, they'll make more $ as say, dancer, than low paying job)
many things factor in, but train +4/day, versus say, train +1, FAIL 1, is *HUGE* difference; [1 day vs 4]
Feminsts, (can't keep happy/affection) etc many are hard to train.

No matter what you do though, eats up most of day (time) so train & teach mutually exclusive)
Haven't tried it yet in 811, has anyone? [MC teaches Acad/Sci, + TRAIN say 3 girls & sell for MAX stats]

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes