Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
What are the specifics for the 'aging' system?

Is each in-game day counted as a single day or multiple days? [to slow or speed up passage of time]

Because I don't want age to increase very quickly or very slowly.

Would be nice to at least have a slidding setting, beyond the 'freeze' option.
Or at very least, able to quicly 'age up' specific character without everyone also aging.

Also, story wise, do other npcs also age? like does a very old npc quest giver eventually die to old age or something like that?
Just edit their age through saves if you don't want others to age as well... You can easily just reset their age back down, or alter the one you want aged up.
(I've never tried this, so I don't know if this works on Laika (The only character that actually needs to be aged-up...), but it should in theory.)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
What are the specifics for the 'aging' system?

Is each in-game day counted as a single day or multiple days? [to slow or speed up passage of time]

Because I don't want age to increase very quickly or very slowly.

Would be nice to at least have a slidding setting, beyond the 'freeze' option.
Or at very least, able to quicly 'age up' specific character without everyone also aging.

Also, story wise, do other npcs also age? like does a very old npc quest giver eventually die to old age or something like that?
Each day is one day, you can check this by looking at the days to birthday as it changes one per day. The year is 365 days long.

From my understanding everyone ages, though you can freeze the aging of some of them. I've always assumed it was the characters before the introduction of the household people (i.e. the mercs, children, Armand, etc) who's ages you could freeze. I don't know if that includes the MC.

Right now, you can only speed up aging for your pregnant wife or children. That is an in game item you have to purchase and only works for one person, one time for a specific amount of time.

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
wow you're faster than I am! (but hey I started new V late)

What is "Hostage" Q? Something new? how did you get?

Where do u find Mr Doyle?

Did u pick Bond @ start? [I haven't tried Flag in a while, someone said was working good, so got it, but still going to wait to do much till finish all books. ]

How did you get the newsoffice to pay so much? [last time I tried, was ~ half that!]
Is there certain ways to train Nicole?

IMHO, in new 813, Acad/(Prof) best *LEGIT* job there is! [sorry guys "combat" 's not a legit job lol!]
--> But, even w your $355/day, still LOOSING $! Do you do combat? or, how do you make up the $?

With top mergc like that usally lots of combat

BTW: Curious, what/where do u get investment income? [some R "riskier" than others...]
Hostage is Connors quest (WIP)
Found Doyle in "Crows end" I guess
Newsoffice doesnt pay a fixed number, according to the text when you start it Nicoles DISCI-ACA-SCIENCE affects that number, not sure how it works tho.

I do combat alot and bounties, waiting to improve armors before start arena.
Invested in everything but the mercs with bad stats, only left the expensive ones till I get the money.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also read everything INT related first, so I get the most out of the other books.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

silvashoots

Aug 7, 2019
Excellent past few updates, I'm back at tier 4 now (last time I subbed was like 0.5 or thereabouts). One thing that I have been thinking about with this game is what the gameplay loop looks like after completing the journal quests and breaking the story slaves. Right now the game is so narrative-driven (and that's a good thing) that I can't really tell.

Other games in a similar vein, like Strive for Power/Conquest and Free Cities don't have the strictures on baby-making with your slave harem. Once the story content is complete, they can turn into a relatively entertaining eugenics program simulator that I personally find entertaining long after the story content is done. The content creates itself after a while.

With the monogamy system and inability to sire heirs with non-wives, it seems like that's not in the cards, which is unfortunate.

Also, we should be able to marry Laika. She's really grown on me.

...By that I mean she's already of marriageable age by the time I've recruited her. Before I start the any of the content I fully upgrade my manor and purchased/read all the books. "Aging On" makes for amusing introductions, at times.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Hostage is Connors quest (WIP)
Found Doyle in "Crows end" I guess
Newsoffice doesnt pay a fixed number, according to the text when you start it Nicoles DISCI-ACA-SCIENCE affects that number, not sure how it works tho.

I do combat alot and bounties, waiting to improve armors before start arena.
Invested in everything but the mercs with bad stats, only left the expensive ones till I get the money.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also read everything INT related first, so I get the most out of the other books.
There's still quite a few WIP quest---far as I know, (?) none of the recent updates have finished any of them.
Not sure if it's worth it to take the time to train Nicoles' stats? [takes a *LONG* time to train all those up, & hard to keep her still working then]

"I do combat alot and bounties, waiting to improve armors before start arena."---LOL! See, even an "Academic" run still ends up doing a fair amount of combat!

Thanks 4 the info! :)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Does age actually mean anything for MC? Like can we die of old age or can we be 99+ and still have the body of 35 yr old?
Mostly it means something 1) 4 girls w "daddy issues"---Mich 4 example; [Age 40+] 2) for normal girls, slight penalty to persuasion attempts [charm/Manip] ---->>> IE, For most girls, they don't respond as well to older guys. [40+]
["oh not sure about that, you could be my *Daddy!* ...."]
(older guy slightly harder w girls)

Far as I know, 1 pic for older MC, & no advantage/dis, beyond age 60.
(anybody done *20* game years yet?!?)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Can someone explain to me what Household Corruption does and how to lower it?
Responded to this, but don't know if went thru [backsups in Prog....]

Basically sum/average, of corrup # of everyone in your household----so to RAISE it, raise each person's Corrupt; Or, to lower, lower each Corrupt #

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Well shit, started a new game, decided to go over wiki, and I saw this quote:
" update 0.8.1.1, most mercenaries were (temporarily) removed from the game "

Are the mercs still removed from the game??? Should I stop playing until they are back?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

Are the mercs still removed from the game??? Should I stop playing until they are back?
Most of them are back now, there was always enough to make a go of it though.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021

Yeah kinda not happy myself about that I was planning on using a team of all women and only using women in my household but there's only 3 women that can fill the mercenary role. 1 of which has a health cap of 25 and another is locked until later. I'm thinking of putting it on hold until they bring back more mercenaries.

Reactions: tsap

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
"I do combat alot and bounties, waiting to improve armors before start arena."---LOL! See, even an "Academic" run still ends up doing a fair amount of combat!
Technically you could do a "pacifist" run if you want, even without mercs.
Leave quests involving shooting, then slowly gather money by assembly plant/teaching/hunting/gambling/crafting.
Read books, invest, buy slaves, train/corrupt/pimp them.
It will take a LOT of time but its doable (and boring IMO)

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Yeah kinda not happy myself about that I was planning on using a team of all women and only using women in my household but there's only 3 women that can fill the mercenary role. 1 of which has a health cap of 25 and another is locked until later. I'm thinking of putting it on hold until they bring back more mercenaries.
Exactly similar thoughts here.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Leave quests involving shooting, then slowly gather money by assembly plant/teaching/hunting/gambling/crafting.
Honestly these things should pay off more than just killing everyone.

Also I REFUSE to pimp out my harem.

Reactions: tsap

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Assembly plant dec stats, so it's not a good job.
i try to "craft on the side" (this run) but *COST* is too high [$/stamina/materials] to do it as an exclusive job.
Maybe later, but not early on.
Gambling is like Ass plant---you *LOOSE*! [yes, I know some win, ---but takes *VERY* long time to get very hi gambling stats, how do u make $ in 1st place? & 1st ~ ? 200 days]
Hunting---related to combat [R skill] Never know anyone to do this as "full-time job"---possible?
--->>> Has anyone ever done this? [recent ver] [ W/O combat!]
you'd need to really know/understand/use, the "famine" & price fluctuations....

*Teaching* is *ONLY* "pacifist" [lol!] job I know of can do from start, that's reliable & pays decent. [still need 2 upgrade house, pay expenses, etc]

I keep hoping for a Doctor/medical job [surely place this size has Dr offices, & hospital(s) ?] ---but nothing yet.

In short, every "non-Acad" (& no/min combat) run I've tried was *DISASTER*! [yes, that includes LOOSING $ gambling! ugh (to *WIN* enough/regularly, to make a living---80? 90? Gambling??? I know it's really hi (hello, if u win 1x, & then LOOSE 2x, that's LOOSING!]
An "Acad" [teaching] run has to be planned @ start, otherwise, even w books, your stats R too low.

Maybe I'll feel better when "Bounty hunting" changes to "live capture" [HOPEFULLY!]
---->>> Call me crazy, but just doesn't feel right to kill someone, for "INSULTING A NOBLEMAN"
[OMG Could've been ME!]

One would *HOPE*, that the future could be better, less barbaric cruel & sadistic evil, the the *PAST*. [eg, Romans, etc]
Or, am I dreaming? Maybe people haven't really changed at all in thousands of years---after all, tech doesn't make *MORALS* any better.... [for many, better tech = better ways to KILL...]

I'd need to start from scratch & check---but, how many Q s do *NOT* involve combat/killing? [can't be very many, + u have to *ASSUME* charm/manip fails ] 1-2?

I know investments R essential later on---BUT IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE to do a run W/O killing/murder?!?

Anybody ever done a run,
[recent start] SOLE INCOME = CRAFTING???
[crafting *Books* R recent addition too!]

Reactions: GD-studios
Jun 10, 2022
One would *HOPE*, that the future could be better, less barbaric cruel & sadistic evil, the the *PAST*. [eg, Romans, etc]
Or, am I dreaming? Maybe people haven't really changed at all in thousands of years---after all, tech doesn't make *MORALS* any better.... [for many, better tech = better ways to KILL...]
It's a game focused around keeping sex slaves. You really think killing bounties is the worst thing taking place in the fictional world??

• Haha
Reactions: GD-studios

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
There's Loren, & I like Ayna (her sword/Kat saves $!) --but shes's not avail early on.
Only 1 not back yet---far as I know, is Aiko. Coming back soon, from what I hear.
I think most would welcome 1-2 more female Mercs (w 50 Min health---normal same as F slaves)
U don't have 2 be a tank to pull a trigger! "kids" or "little girls" [Q's etc] R too feeble/fragile for combat.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes