Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How do I check discipline? And is there a cap for strength? Is melee ultimately better than range combat?
Discipline can be checked under 'Stats' and is the fifth one down on the upper left 'Attributes' column. To increase it, get a Head Maid with a Discipline of 60 or more, best filled by a 'Workaholic' if you have one and Piper will do if you don't have one, and then send them to the Academy for Dancing and get them the best horsie and stuff for the premium stables.

There's no cap for strength that I know of, but slavegirls start having real trouble increasing it past about 80.

Ranged is better, but once it gets past about 100 it doesn't really matter, same for Melee. At any rate they'll hit every time.

Useck

Mar 20, 2021
i currently do lost girl quest at preacher hall, there is option to kill.
when i choose it says power not sufficient, how to increase power?

also at golden paper quest i visit town hall but prof janus house is not appear on map, did i miss something?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
also at golden paper quest i visit town hall but prof janus house is not appear on map, did i miss something?
I think that's the one where you have to make sure to click on all the hyperlinks when looking him up at Town Hall or it won't trigger the next step.

Reactions: Useck

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
How do you put a Merc on a slave slot?
You can't. You train mercs by going to the household, select activity and train martial. Right now it will randomly select an attribute to train either range or melee, but sometimes you'll get a strength or dexterity gain. I do remember Grim posting a while back that he was going to break up the training selection to individual choices. Don't know if that is still on the table, but I hope so.

Jushak

Mar 22, 2019
The game is interesting, but I can't help but see some very common pitfalls in these kinds of games:

- Training of primary stats is tied to the MC's own training. For example, I'm spending literally every morning in-game doing Stamina training with Lovisa twice to increase her stamina and, more importantly to me, her Toughness value since I decided I want to make her a combatant. How useful this ends up being is irrelevant - if I can send my slaves to academy, I see no reason why I can't send them to do some jogging / weight lifting / etc. Edit: FWIW, there is "Gymnastics and Performance" option under academy that does randomly raise str/dex and bunch of skills. Don't think it increases the HP trait though.
- Myriad things only the MC can do, for no reason. I have the scavenger kids and Ansel assigned to scavenging most of the time, but I need to spend literal days on scrap merchandise and convert scrap metal to fuel my crafting. None of the "Manage Resources" stuff requires any skill to do, so there really should be way to assign someone in my household to doing this.
- Slow progress of time (i.e. 365 days an year) combined with no way to set up routines. So for example my character is a professor in the university. Every month for 15 days I essentially do the exact same steps every day: train stamina twice, go to university, return home. I've seen some games that, after reaching certain point, allow you to do (often sub-optimal) "quick forward" stuff like "go to work, return home" so you can just click one button to skip the stuff you'll do every day and get to the part where you progress the game.
- This one I might just be wildly wrong about, but I've seen the same trend in almost every slavery game: being nice to your slaves is ultimately the best option. You can temporarily be brutal and nasty to progress to the sex content faster initially, but then you have to spend weeks repeating the same options to be nice to them to unlock their non-sexual content and to lower the escape risk. Now I usually prefer being nice to the slaves anyway (at least unique ones that have some non-generic content), but it always felt really delusional that just being relatively nice to slaves turns them into cultist that worship the earth the MC walks on.
- Crafting is painfully slow to level up, especially considering the earlier part about needing to personally do the "Manage Resources"-stuff for the said crafting. It also suffers from the all too common "craft cheapest item available to skill up" syndrome. Because of increased costs and the chance for level up only on finished craft, I apparently will be making hundreds of combat knifes to become a master crafter. Doesn't help that either I'm super unlucky or some of the crafts currently give no skill - I made 25 pistols for a quest and didn't get a single skill up on either artisan or blacksmith.

Last edited:

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
wait so cheats, quests and special starts are locked behind paywall? Really? Can somewhat understand quests and special starts but cheats?

Reactions: matta

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
wait so cheats, quests and special starts are locked behind paywall? Really? Can somewhat understand quests and special starts but cheats?
Why not cheats? You do not play the game as the developer intended but want it have easier so you pay extra. Though in MoR Cheats = Special Start and under special start you even have a higher difficulty start. So where base game has Easy Hard and Shin Megami Tensai, the special starts give even power fantasy, Chuck Norris and Dark Souls as difficulty.

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Why not cheats? You do not play the game as the developer intended but want it have easier so you pay extra. Though in MoR Cheats = Special Start and under special start you even have a higher difficulty start. So where base game has Easy Hard and Shin Megami Tensai, the special starts give even power fantasy, Chuck Norris and Dark Souls as difficulty.
Frankly locking content and special starts behind a paywall is shit enough. Want to give a bonus to paying people? Release the current version to them a month earlier, but locking cheats behind a paywall is beyond scummy.

Other devs have no issue with this. Throne of Lillith? Cheats and no content locked behind paywall, Corruption of champions, same.

Plenty of other devs have no issue with this, and they ain't gonna starve. Want to see a great dev? Look up Naughtyroad and how he specifically encourages paople to download his game from here. It's why I support him on patreon. Locking things behind paywall? Only makes people frustrated and sure as shit makes damn certain I will never support this guy on patreon. Meh not like it matters, there is a sucker born every minute that makes this kind of behavior worthwile.

Last edited:

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I mean with Content behind Paywall I can understand why the content of the second tier for 5,5€ frustrate given that whenever there would be an update for that they would ned to pay again. But the special starts are actually an one time payment. So you would need to pay one time, back up this version and after starting you would keep your boni as it is mainly statboni that will take over in further version.
But actually unlike in CoC II there is no obstruction to cheat via console commands with Sugarcube. So for those that already started there is still free grind kill option. The modified starts are more for the people that already started their second or third character.

nijam66

May 11, 2019
Quick question. Is it generally considered best to wear combat weave or duraplate armor? I would think duraplate for melee fighters and combat weave for ranged? Maybe i miss something?

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Thinking about supporting but how often does this game update.
alpha versions multiple times per weak. Public versions once per month.

Quick question. Is it generally considered best to wear combat weave or duraplate armor? I would think duraplate for melee fighters and combat weave for ranged? Maybe i miss something?
It is actually vice versa dex is mainly used by melees as it is used for dodging melee attacks but not ranged. So Duraplate is good for both while Combatweave is a good cheap alternative for melees.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Nothing currently planed and also not likely as in the game are slaves that are not already 18.
What slave isn't 18? I thought the youngest was already 18?

Yeah I just checked the wiki and it says all Slaves are at least 18 there's the two younger kids but they're not slaves and you can't have relations with her until she's 18.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
What slave isn't 18? I thought the youngest was already 18?

Yeah I just checked the wiki and it says all Slaves are at least 18 there's the two younger kids but they're not slaves and you can't have relations with her until she's 18.
Took a look again. Turned out they are now all 18. Though with the new child system there could be now a difference

Reactions: Firehole

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Took a look again. Turned out they are now all 18. Though with the new child system there could be now a difference
Probably thanks to Patreon if it's able to be funded through Patreon than there's really no legit reason why Steam couldn't support it considering how UNFAIRLY strick Patreon is.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes