• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
Gave a retry on the last public version and always have the same question as I have in most of the "slaves training" games : what is the interest to train slaves if finally the MC must do everything himself?

1/ you must win combats to make money, influence and to unlock stuff, but you must fight yourself
2/ To craft you must mostly scavenge yourself (scavengers in household are peanuts) and anyway you must do the craft yourself
3/ To increase your skills you must train but it takes hours

So, finally when do you you train your slaves and what is the interest to do these trainings?

Seriously in this type of game the MC would focus only on quests and training, all the remaining would be automated. For now the MC spend far too much time in annex tasks to be able to really be a "slave trainer"

For sure the MC at start would need to do some things itself to launch this automated tasks, for example training a good combat team manager but after a while he may be able to have a team able to fight alone and come back with gold and reputation. Same for the scavenging and basic craft (at least the scrap operations).

I know that the next version will introduce random slaves and I hope we will perhaps be able to become a "slave trainer" but if there are no ways to capture some wild slaves with low stats while exploring, and if we can only buy slaves to the markets it will not change the previous points, if the MC have no time left he can't train the slaves efficiently, whatever the number of slaves he can catch and his attributes he won't be efficient as a "slave trainer".

The last point which destroy, in my mind, the game is the unbalance in the gain of money between the combat road and all others.
Whatever you invest in MC attributes or in slaves ones they won't even reduce your money costs or gain enough money to make you gameplay able to get the level of the fightsin termes of money or reputation.

The best example is to compare with the science route which is a joke, seriously:

- If you fight, with mostly no investment (only recruiting the mercs) you can easly get 2-3k gold per day after a few days and unlock the crystal isle after some weeks.

- If you want to teach you will gain 100-150 gold per day, after a long, long, long training of your intelligence to be able to spend a long, long, long, time to read the books and get max points from them.

But to be at least a little positive, I consider the game to be very interesting and addictive, it could really be a great game if something is done on these points :)

sorry for my bad english wrting
My two urchins scavenge more than I can disassemble.

What you ask for is sort-of-reasonable. Like, its reasonable to put slaves on preparing meat. But it would be difficult to balance. And after all, we do need to interact with the slaves to feel that they are our slaves. Which is a large part of the gratification, to feel powerful. And that requires clicking. So maybe not look a gift horse in the mouth?

Pirata

Jun 11, 2017
Yep, by crafting stuff, but is very slow.
Tendstims are my choice, I buy the mats needed then spend the night on it, 1 hour each and roughly 1 skill every 10
been making my own ammo and still stuck at 30 I will start to make other things and see if that raises it

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
My two urchins scavenge more than I can disassemble.

What you ask for is sort-of-reasonable. Like, its reasonable to put slaves on preparing meat. But it would be difficult to balance. And after all, we do need to interact with the slaves to feel that they are our slaves. Which is a large part of the gratification, to feel powerful. And that requires clicking. So maybe not look a gift horse in the mouth?
Concerning the mandatory slaves interactions it is sufficient to base their production for example on happyness so you have to visit them regulary to maintain it at high level.

The general idea is that if you train a slave she must give you some reccurent gain without you interacting, the gain could be money and reputation like for now (but balanced) or, very important, it could free you some time.

For example with a good scavanging attribute a slave could scrap merchandise and if you add to her survival attribute some ranged skill and a good obedience she could hunt alone. Just an example.

Anything freeing time for MC would be good.

For now MC is far to be free to use his time, for example even prostitution needs interaction.

Reactions: MrFingers

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Gave a retry on the last public version and always have the same question as I have in most of the "slaves training" games : what is the interest to train slaves if finally the MC must do everything himself?

1/ you must win combats to make money, influence and to unlock stuff, but you must fight yourself
2/ To craft you must mostly scavenge yourself (scavengers in household are peanuts) and anyway you must do the craft yourself
3/ To increase your skills you must train but it takes hours

So, finally when do you you train your slaves and what is the interest to do these trainings?

Seriously in this type of game the MC would focus only on quests and training, all the remaining would be automated. For now the MC spend far too much time in annex tasks to be able to really be a "slave trainer"

For sure the MC at start would need to do some things itself to launch this automated tasks, for example training a good combat team manager but after a while he may be able to have a team able to fight alone and come back with gold and reputation. Same for the scavenging and basic craft (at least the scrap operations).

I know that the next version will introduce random slaves and I hope we will perhaps be able to become a "slave trainer" but if there are no ways to capture some wild slaves with low stats while exploring, and if we can only buy slaves to the markets it will not change the previous points, if the MC have no time left he can't train the slaves efficiently, whatever the number of slaves he can catch and his attributes he won't be efficient as a "slave trainer".

The last point which destroy, in my mind, the game is the unbalance in the gain of money between the combat road and all others.
Whatever you invest in MC attributes or in slaves ones they won't even reduce your money costs or gain enough money to make you gameplay able to get the level of the fightsin termes of money or reputation.

The best example is to compare with the science route which is a joke, seriously:

- If you fight, with mostly no investment (only recruiting the mercs) you can easly get 2-3k gold per day after a few days and unlock the crystal isle after some weeks.

- If you want to teach you will gain 100-150 gold per day, after a long, long, long training of your intelligence to be able to spend a long, long, long, time to read the books and get max points from them.

But to be at least a little positive, I consider the game to be very interesting and addictive, it could really be a great game if something is done on these points :)

sorry for my bad english wrting
Everything you say has been brought up on the Discord channel at one point or another so Grim is aware of these type of suggestions. By Grim's own account the game is about 40% done and because he has supporters he does prioritize their desires a bit, but he is trying to put the major modules of game play in place before polishing and balancing some of the systems.

I expect many if not all of your points will be addressed down the road.

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Just found an infinite money hack, the cheap trinket necklace from the Redhaven market> General goods is bought for $10. you can sell it back from Sell wearables on the right for $25 and it's renamed Common necklace.
Also wondering why you can sell in 10 stacks/bulk, but can't do so when buying stuff, you also have to wait about .5 of a second between each purchase.

ligoje

Jul 1, 2021
Well, I have some problems with this last version.

I had Mr. Doyle following me, and he transformed into a copy of Loren, that I can't manage. I had to reset the followers to be able to hire Ayden and have a party of 5 again. But I can't manage him, nor unhire him or anything. 1677966452625.png

Then I had the retreat to disappear. It's still red, but I can't select it.

And the same with that new bussiness (I don't recall the name) that I had invested money and suddenly is not selectable anymore. 1677966632188.png

Probably the savegame got screwed.

adisor21

Feb 15, 2019
Continue increasing your Stamina regularly and it doesn't take long before you forget about your Stamina altogether, it's just the very beginning that it's tight.

Yeah perhaps I will do that, it's just that I am trying to lvl up artisan and blacksmith, and I can craft 2 rifles a day, only because every day I get only 40 stamina back instead of full, so I thought maybe there is another way. The auto rifle is 1 per day, or i think it's 1.5, which it doesn't seem worth it, I don't even know if it's better to craft knifes or guns for lvling tbf.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah perhaps I will do that, it's just that I am trying to lvl up artisan and blacksmith, and I can craft 2 rifles a day, only because every day I get only 40 stamina back instead of full, so I thought maybe there is another way. The auto rifle is 1 per day, or i think it's 1.5, which it doesn't seem worth it, I don't even know if it's better to craft knifes or guns for lvling tbf.
In the very beginning if you make it a habit of starting each day training Stamina (push it after ~60 and always use a trainer) with your highest-disciplined slave you'll soon not have to worry about it for the rest of the game. I do it until I get to around somewhere from 80-100 in the very beginning, then I move on to other things, but always come back to Stamina training because the girls just can't do much on 50 Stamina. I need them at 80 Stamina minimum and often raise it up to 150 eventually.

In the process my own Stamina gets to prestigious heights and I never run out.

Your strategy might work better if you had 80-100 Stamina yourself. Just spend a few weeks training Stamina the first thing every morning, it's only four hours a day and 160 coin.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaxMan

adisor21

Feb 15, 2019
In the very beginning if you make it a habit of starting each day training Stamina (push it after ~60 and always use a trainer) with your highest-disciplined slave you'll soon not have to worry about it for the rest of the game. I do it until I get to around somewhere from 80-100 in the very beginning, then I move on to other things, but always come back to Stamina training because the girls just can't do much on 50 Stamina. I need them at 80 Stamina minimum and often raise it up to 150 eventually.

In the process my own Stamina gets to prestigious heights and I never run out.

Your strategy might work better if you had 80-100 Stamina yourself. Just spend a few weeks training Stamina the first thing every morning, it's only four hours a day and 140 coin.
my stamina is 79 atm, but ill try and push it to 100 and beyond, see what happens

Edit: I am 102 now and i get back 83 stamina everyday, i should have done this long ago cause it's so much easier now, but it feels like a bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firehole

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
my stamina is 79 atm, but ill try and push it to 100 and beyond, see what happens

Edit: I am 102 now and i get back 83 stamina everyday, i should have done this long ago cause it's so much easier now, but it feels like a bug.
I think of it as the most important investment you can make, it goes for real life too. Stay in shape, you'll never get another body....

Reactions: FSDL and Firehole

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Another thing is that it's impossible to get the gardener to 130 gardening skills in a normal playthrough it just takes way too long. (Took Juno's first day, put her straight into gardening, the day she got 80 she joined the Academy. This particular run is 536 days and she currently got 95 in gardening, while I finished every side and main quest.)
That's from a recent review, and I'd like to add my experience. I did the same thing with my Juno and 693 days in she's at 107 Gardening.

I'm of two minds on this subject. First is to agree with the spirit of the reviewer, that's just too fucking long to have to wait, and a massive investment when you consider that after 80 it takes about half of Juno's day.

The other is that someday there might be on the order of 25 or so slaves and perhaps nearly as many NPCs/Mercs. There might well be new elements of the game like politics and possibly vying for control of Ikaanos somehow. It may well be that to do the entire thing will take a thousand or two days.

Still, it looks like it's going to take more than a thousand days for her to get there in the above run. That's probably too long.

limeslayer

May 23, 2020
"* Yields from most skill books will now depend more on Intelligence and less on a random number."

Int is getting buffed? Imo INT was already the most important stat, now its even more valuable

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Well, I have some problems with this last version.

I had Mr. Doyle following me, and he transformed into a copy of Loren, that I can't manage. I had to reset the followers to be able to hire Ayden and have a party of 5 again. But I can't manage him, nor unhire him or anything. View attachment 2438878

Then I had the retreat to disappear. It's still red, but I can't select it.

And the same with that new bussiness (I don't recall the name) that I had invested money and suddenly is not selectable anymore. View attachment 2438882

Probably the savegame got screwed.

When I load your save, Doyle is back to normal, Aimee's Goods is still there and I can enter the retreat. Did you send me the correct save or are we talking about pure site-based data corruption here? :p

limeslayer

May 23, 2020
Is there a reason why my Rebeca (maybe other girls too) gets Venemos if I ignore them for a while? Is there a way to counter that? Her stats where decent.

She was broken (0 willpower)
decently happy around 50
corruption above 90
Well-fed

was assigned as my follower tho. I basicly didnt interact with her at all.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Is there a reason why my Rebeca (maybe other girls too) gets Venemos if I ignore them for a while? Is there a way to counter that? Her stats where decent.

She was broken (0 willpower)
decently happy around 50
corruption above 90
Well-fed

was assigned as my follower tho. I basicly didnt interact with her at all.
That doesn't happen to me, but I do make sure she and all the others have at least a 25 allowance, 'Do Me' perfume, and while I do ignore them for a while I don't let it go for more than about 60 days and only because I can't charm them yet.

Edit to add, upgrading your house makes a big difference too.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes