HoleInOne

Sep 30, 2017
is there a way to make melee work? it seems like the rifle, which is a starter level weapon, is better than the katana, the best melee weapon.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I'm assuredly exaggerating (sitting on a few dozen thousand atm in the file from repeatedly wiping the enemies that pop up in the base, and selling weapons at the river outpost), but you're basically forced to use the weaker guns (30-06/assault rifle), as the two higher ones (coilgun and the energy weapon) rounds are disproportionately expensive compared to a marginal increase in damage they deal to just normal mobs in the city. If any thing should change its the increase in damage the main character is dealing when combat proficiencies are in the hundreds. I shouldnt have to waste two rounds with the "best" weapons in the game on any of the guys using crossbows with supposedly minimal armor.

If the player is more or less max stats, given all the effort you ordinarily would have to go through, and fighting just the regular mobs in the city are a slog..... Should be SOME disparity that rewards all the grinding you do. I got to like 600 or so with the longguns/rifle proficiency or whatever before i even cheesed the save.

I think if you manage to beat those beasties in the woods of that island outpost there should be a better reward. Now don't get me wrong, things like the hunting and the like seem to be very useful.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Currently you become an auto-hit at about 100 Ranged Combat and if I recall correctly there's a damage bonus at 140 but nothing further. That bonus might just be for melee combat too.

I pretty much never fire a plasma or coil gun at a target bearing anything less dangerous than a rifle (which includes the shotgun) if I'm paying for the ammo. Some of the mercs (Bud, Ayden, Space Marine, Black Guardsman, Felix) have 'ammo packs' which makes their ammo free for you so those can fire indiscriminately. These days I hardly ever have the MC fire a plasma gun, only at the Captain of the Highwaymen of Darkmere (once) and use the powered Katana most all the time except against top tier bounties. My crew generally consists of riflemen and a merc or two with an ammo pack for both logistics and training purposes.

There's more to it than just firing at the currently most dangerous target too, it's more like Tetris where you're best off trying to 'fit' your hits in for maximum effect as firing a coilgun against a target barely able to stand is a true waste, something I found out when I realized it didn't make a damn bit of difference on many targets if I fired a plasma gun as opposed to using the Katana as I didn't need 40+ extra damage at that target, all that was necessary was 20 or so. Note that against armored opponents that extra cost isn't as disproportionate as you might think as crossbows do zero damage against Duraplate and rifles can barely scratch it sometimes. That extra damage is all you might be doing so I think it right that it comes at a premium.

I very much like your ideas on fishing, I've not done that in a while because it's not especially profitable, but your suggestions could make it so. I do recall enjoying the little mini-game of finding the best way to fish the spot though.

I'd also love to see your resort idea come to fruition, though I would want to include my girls as part of the entertainment. My ultimate fantasy in this game is owning a 'Paga Tavern' of sorts with my main slaves as dancers and performers I trained and a plethora of other girls to serve drinks and get dragged off the floor to alcoves to fulfill their purpose and sometimes just get bent over the pool table and sodomized senseless while everyone watches and waits their turn--or pays more for one of the dancers coming off the stage.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
is there a way to make melee work? it seems like the rifle, which is a starter level weapon, is better than the katana, the best melee weapon.
Some veteran players use melee pretty much exclusively from what I've read for the additional challenge, others like me use it to supplement combats like against the Ceilor Forest Raiders where once I have Duraplate I will take out all the riflemen (and the King with the coil gun for that combat obviously) and then close and finish them off with melee. It makes combat much cheaper.

I do recall reading there might be more powerful melee weapons coming in the future, one hinted at from Arena combat is a powered axe for instance.

Reactions: GD-studios

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
By 100% chance; yes.
Ah, that'll do it. Linux is case sensitive for filenames, windows is not, so every now and then there's a file or two which slips by since it appears to load fine in a Windows environment. I'll let Grim know. In the mean time, changing the filenames to match the code (or the code to match the filenames) should fix it.

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
Ah, that'll do it. Linux is case sensitive for filenames, windows is not, so every now and then there's a file or two which slips by since it appears to load fine in a Windows environment. I'll let Grim know. In the mean time, changing the filenames to match the code (or the code to match the filenames) should fix it.
:raises hand: My fault. I made the replacements, and lower-cased the filenames because OCD.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Some veteran players use melee pretty much exclusively from what I've read for the additional challenge, others like me use it to supplement combats like against the Ceilor Forest Raiders where once I have Duraplate I will take out all the riflemen (and the King with the coil gun for that combat obviously) and then close and finish them off with melee. It makes combat much cheaper.

I do recall reading there might be more powerful melee weapons coming in the future, one hinted at from Arena combat is a powered axe for instance.
Some veteran players might use power katana for it's relatively large damage as well. Besides that plasma guns are for weakling girls and old folks. Men in their prime should be fit enough to slice & dice :) - and I too remember that comment about the power axe. Perhups we'll have such a thing in our use even before BoRE (Bitches of Raana, Enhanced).

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Is there a roadmap for future content? I am sure that the developers want to add more locations and quests, but more content and art for slaves would be better imo. I know that there is a section for that in the OP, but that might have been written in 2021.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Is there a roadmap for future content? I am sure that the developers want to add more locations and quests, but more content and art for slaves would be better imo. I know that there is a section for that in the OP, but that might have been written in 2021.
See my post here:
There's a lot planned, sure, but there's also a lot already in the game. The public update to 0.8.1.5 which dropped today has a nice chunk of content for a minor update(virgin slaves, having two slaves in bondage at the same time, Aiko, Dexter, and Felix added back in with new content, a new implant, 150+ new renders) I can't speak to an exact percentage, but Grim is aiming for a 1.0 release in late 2025. Here's the current roadmap from Discord (only major features, and subject to change)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: tarzan999

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
One thing that bugs me currently is that you miss out on quests and characters if you want to be an asshole to the slaves. And if you are nice at first and then become an asshole then the whole illusion is broken. First world problems..

qwermhv

Aug 6, 2018
I play it like a year ago, is there any progress in pregnancy? in the changelog isn't mentioned even ones

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If you're not making money on combat now you've not mastered the system. There's also strategic considerations so you do ensure your booty surpasses your ammo (and merc salary) costs.
Don't forget stim costs. Duraplate is expensive, but you'll see a HUGE reduction in how many stims you need to use after each combat if everyone is wearing duraplate compared to anything else. You can easily go from needing 15+ stims after a single combat if everyone is wearing leather to needing at most 1 or 2 stims for the same fight wearing duraplate. That adds up fast.

Once my main gets some of the health and healing implants some days I don't use stims at all during a day of fighting and just rely on free heals from the girls and from sleeping, saving the stims for the mercs.

Ammo is a big one though if you're not using the top tiers. You don't really want to be paying for anything more expensive than rifle ammo unless it's a tough fight.

That highwaymen encounter is a bit of a strange one for me. I usually find it unprofitable unless I have good luck on drops. With 5 enemies that all do high damage and also have decent health it's not possible to kill them all quickly so I usually take heavy damage even if everyone is wearing duraplate and using plasma guns. Usually they drop zero guns when I do it. I tend not to bother with it unless I'm already on my way to the ferry for some other reason.

Also there are some battles where it's better to take out 2 weaker opponents in round 1 and save the strongest for later if you can't kill that one in 1 round. Some of the strongest enemies have so much health that you can't kill it in 1 round even with 5 plasma guns and a 100% hit rate unless you get a crit or 2. So if you can take out a couple of assault rifle wielding opponents wearing leather or combat armor the first round then you can work on the big guy after that.

If you're set on always taking out the strongest first, you should pick up Ayden. He does by far the most damage of any merc in the first round despite not being able to use plasma. The other mercs can overtake him in later rounds but if you really need that guy with the plasma gun to never get a shot, Ayden's your man. He can consistently 1 shot someone wearing combat armor without needing a crit and can take someone in duraplate down to about half in 1 shot. Nobody else is even close for round 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

vanpett

Nov 23, 2018
Has the possibility to raise your charm up to 70 via caress been removed in 8.1.5? I haven't had a single raise since the update. But maybe it was just bad luck.

Reactions: Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
Has the possibility to raise your charm up to 70 via caress been removed in 8.1.5? I haven't had a single raise since the update. But maybe it was just bad luck.
I noticed that too. It did raise for me very rarely, like maybe after 20-30 tries. Either Grim lowered the chance or something else is affecting it.

*BTW, in most places where the MC has a chance to raise a skill, F5 (refresh) rerolls it.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Enya (merc) suddenly disappeared from where she was standing near the arena. Anyone know where/when I can find her again?

Edit: Nevermind, just found her again.

But who is the blonde woman in the above 'Masters of Raana' signature?
Where?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I noticed that too. It did raise for me very rarely, like maybe after 20-30 tries. Either Grim lowered the chance or something else is affecting it.

*BTW, in most places where the MC has a chance to raise a skill, F5 (refresh) rerolls it.
Yeah I don't know if there's an upper limit for caress, but it does still work. It's just pretty rare. What I do is grind out a few points on my first couple of girls and when the money starts rolling in I stop at a multiple of 5 and then just buy it up to 85 at the hospital. It helps if you get Daria's Gift, especially if you start at low charm. I don't read any of the persuasion books until after I hit 85 since those still work past 85. I haven't tested to see what happens if you buy a charm upgrade at the hospital when you're at like 84 or something. Does that bump it to 89 or do you only get the 1 point?

I also like the teen Subduer perk since it gives a 30 point charm boost vs teens without actually raising your charm. So if you boost it to 85 you're effectively at 115 vs teens. Makes taming Rebecca and Aria in particular quite a bit easier. The other charm perks can all be duplicated by just spending some money at the hospital.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
But it was really low when I was trying. I think in the low 30's. It's usually how I raise it up in the beginning. I gave up and went to work at the assembly plant.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes