Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Don't forget stim costs. Duraplate is expensive, but you'll see a HUGE reduction in how many stims you need to use after each combat if everyone is wearing duraplate compared to anything else. You can easily go from needing 15+ stims after a single combat if everyone is wearing leather to needing at most 1 or 2 stims for the same fight wearing duraplate. That adds up fast.

Once my main gets some of the health and healing implants some days I don't use stims at all during a day of fighting and just rely on free heals from the girls and from sleeping, saving the stims for the mercs.

Ammo is a big one though if you're not using the top tiers. You don't really want to be paying for anything more expensive than rifle ammo unless it's a tough fight.

That highwaymen encounter is a bit of a strange one for me. I usually find it unprofitable unless I have good luck on drops. With 5 enemies that all do high damage and also have decent health it's not possible to kill them all quickly so I usually take heavy damage even if everyone is wearing duraplate and using plasma guns. Usually they drop zero guns when I do it. I tend not to bother with it unless I'm already on my way to the ferry for some other reason.

Also there are some battles where it's better to take out 2 weaker opponents in round 1 and save the strongest for later if you can't kill that one in 1 round. Some of the strongest enemies have so much health that you can't kill it in 1 round even with 5 plasma guns and a 100% hit rate unless you get a crit or 2. So if you can take out a couple of assault rifle wielding opponents wearing leather or combat armor the first round then you can work on the big guy after that.

If you're set on always taking out the strongest first, you should pick up Ayden. He does by far the most damage of any merc in the first round despite not being able to use plasma. The other mercs can overtake him in later rounds but if you really need that guy with the plasma gun to never get a shot, Ayden's your man. He can consistently 1 shot someone wearing combat armor without needing a crit and can take someone in duraplate down to about half in 1 shot. Nobody else is even close for round 1.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Regarding the Highwaymen of Darkmere I was contemplating writing a post that those who wanted a more academic or business/crafting-type run could just skip going up there and rely on the easier meat in Stoke Hills. I do remember thinking at one point that they were coded to give less in drops or something as I had a real terrible run of it early on, but later it seemed to even out.

I take them out mainly because they have a coilgun and I want a chance at it. I collect them, I have about 150 of them now and I'm always looking for more. One thing about them though, remember most of them are wearing leather armor, you can use rifles against them effectively. Maybe some of them will get one more shot off, but maybe not too. Yes you'll be using tendstims after the fight, you might end up taking a long soak in the baths with your whole crew after the battle.

But it's a chance at a coil gun, and sometimes that's all that matters. An auto-rifle or two isn't a bad consolation prize either.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I noticed that too. It did raise for me very rarely, like maybe after 20-30 tries. Either Grim lowered the chance or something else is affecting it.

*BTW, in most places where the MC has a chance to raise a skill, F5 (refresh) rerolls it.
When I slut-cuddled my way from 25 to 70 Charm using Caress it looked like roughly every other two hour session would produce a point. That's caressing until it greys, then one kiss, then caress until it greys again and kiss etc. I generally did two sex sessions per day so I gained about a point every day. A few times I got two points in a two hour (foreplay) session and one time did get three, but those were rare occassions I assure you. Sometimes I'd go five or six (two hour) sessions without getting a point too.

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
Yea, same. But on this run-through on the newer version, it was happening a lot less. I figured I was just having a bad run of luck. Only reason I mentioned it was vanpett brought it up.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
When I slut-cuddled my way from 25 to 70 Charm using Caress it looked like roughly every other two hour session would produce a point. That's caressing until it greys, then one kiss, then caress until it greys again and kiss etc. I generally did two sex sessions per day so I gained about a point every day. A few times I got two points in a two hour (foreplay) session and one time did get three, but those were rare occassions I assure you. Sometimes I'd go five or six (two hour) sessions without getting a point too.
I've gotten mine to 51 via caress in the game I just started today without buying anything from the hospital yet. If you buy the house upgrades that give a persuasion boost, get Darias Gift, boost their respect to 20, and compliment them to boost their happiness and affection before you try your seduction attempt it's a lot easier since your charm checks will usually succeed even at low charm levels. It's also easier if you start with a girl who has low willpower initially. You don't have to wait til you have all of that done, each one helps a bit.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
What is the actual code to the reservoir? Or, more appropriately, how do I find out what it is?
Buy a handheld computer from general store in Redhaven and use that on the place. There are two versions. (I bought the pricier version thinking it could be better, but I suppose they both should suffice quite well for hacking.)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Regarding the Highwaymen of Darkmere I was contemplating writing a post that those who wanted a more academic or business/crafting-type run could just skip going up there and rely on the easier meat in Stoke Hills. I do remember thinking at one point that they were coded to give less in drops or something as I had a real terrible run of it early on, but later it seemed to even out.

I take them out mainly because they have a coilgun and I want a chance at it. I collect them, I have about 150 of them now and I'm always looking for more. One thing about them though, remember most of them are wearing leather armor, you can use rifles against them effectively. Maybe some of them will get one more shot off, but maybe not too. Yes you'll be using tendstims after the fight, you might end up taking a long soak in the baths with your whole crew after the battle.

But it's a chance at a coil gun, and sometimes that's all that matters. An auto-rifle or two isn't a bad consolation prize either.
While I've only bothered to take out those guys in Darkmere a few times I seldom ever see them come back. In fact, I've only seen them respawn once. I've one run where they still haven't returned after several months. How often do you see them respawn?

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Buy a handheld computer from general store in Redhaven and use that on the place. There are two versions. (I bought the pricier version thinking it could be better, but I suppose they both should suffice quite well for hacking.)
If your science skill is low it is a lot harder with the cheaper one. There is a difficulty level and if you're two away (cheaper model gives a one bonus the other a two bonus) it is harder to hack. Having girl with Techie trait is suppose to give bonus to hack, but don't know if she needs to be present for it.

Reactions: GD-studios and tsap

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
While I've only bothered to take out those guys in Darkmere a few times I seldom ever see them come back. In fact, I've only seen them respawn once. I've one run where they still haven't returned after several months. How often do you see them respawn?
I've seen them back the third day after my MC taken their stuff, but lately I never found them when the weather's been 'bad'. Needs to find their secret hiding place, methinks. :)

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
This current run I took them out every three or four days, previous runs were similar. I don't know why they haven't re-spawned for you.

Note that nowadays if there's a red weather event they won't show up.

Reactions: GD-studios

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everyone! I recently got back into this game after a while and loaded up one of my old files. One of the last missions I was in the middle of was the Golden Seal where you rescue Eliana from being sold off. I'm at the part where I need to go to Darkmere whenever I'm ready, which I am. The journal mentions a specific date, which I've clearly forgotten since the last time I played the game, this specific mission was a WIP and whenever I go to Darkmere I wait all day and I don't see any mission markers or other indication of picking a spot to wait.

Is it a safer bet to restart and make a new file (Which I don't mind)or should I just visit Darkmere daily and eventually it will sort itself out?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Hello everyone! I recently got back into this game after a while and loaded up one of my old files. One of the last missions I was in the middle of was the Golden Seal where you rescue Eliana from being sold off. I'm at the part where I need to go to Darkmere whenever I'm ready, which I am. The journal mentions a specific date, which I've clearly forgotten since the last time I played the game, this specific mission was a WIP and whenever I go to Darkmere I wait all day and I don't see any mission markers or other indication of picking a spot to wait.

Is it a safer bet to restart and make a new file (Which I don't mind)or should I just visit Darkmere daily and eventually it will sort itself out?
What happens if you go back to Eliana at Furry's and do all fuck/talk stuff again? It really depends on how long ago you played the last version. 0.7.9.4 (summer 2022) is no longer fully compatible with the current build I'm afraid.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
0.8.1.5b (version 2) has been released!

- Fixed and added Aiko's missing display pic(s) after reaching 50+ Corruption.
- Fixed a rare bug that would give you two Ansel followers during the tutorial.
- Fixed a bug that would increase your combat group without adding another follower.
- Fixed a pussy cum event bug.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
- Fixed several typos.

ART
- Added two different Aiko Corruption 50+ pics, based on what time it is (changes around 7 pm).
- Added 2 new scenes for Lovisa (anal, analwild).
- Added new Arena scenery pics.
- Added several new combat sprites.
- Added one new Hope Laurel pic (Watery Eyes).

NOTE! This version is currently more up-to-date than the 0.8.1.5b found on the first page in this thread.

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Dunno how I feel about the new caps on skills be it for slaves or otherwise. Kinda hate arbitrary skill caps as a general rule. Only real gripe I have with the game is how much a slog the combat feels. Restricting ability to skill up slaves is a negative for me if that's what that means. (Playing 814 a bit yet).

Oct 2, 2019
The combat system is definitely frustrating. It would be extremely nice if we have an optional cheat button that allows us to just skip to the victory scene for every battle (even if it is only there until the combat system gets revamped). The most disappointing part of the current combat system is that it feels especially repetitive and boring even in the context of a game with lots of grinding. At least with grinding books, sex skills, or whatever, there is something interesting to read and not just a bunch of clicking. Clearing out the swamp is far and away my least favorite part of the game

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
The combat system is definitely frustrating. It would be extremely nice if we have an optional cheat button that allows us to just skip to the victory scene for every battle (even if it is only there until the combat system gets revamped). The most disappointing part of the current combat system is that it feels especially repetitive and boring even in the context of a game with lots of grinding. At least with grinding books, sex skills, or whatever, there is something interesting to read and not just a bunch of clicking. Clearing out the swamp is far and away my least favorite part of the game
An overhaul to the combat system is on the roadmap, and Grim was actually discussing it a bit on the Discord today! Special attacks, special states like cover, AI improvements to enable actual tactics (some AI will target the most threatening party member, while others might target whoever's the weakest, etc.) It's still a bit further down the line than you'd probably like, but it should definitely solve a lot of your issues when it does come.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This current run I took them out every three or four days, previous runs were similar. I don't know why they haven't re-spawned for you.

Note that nowadays if there's a red weather event they won't show up.
They seem to respawn reasonably often for me but I think sometimes the weather is wrong for them when I happen to pass by there. I assume the same is probably true for my bad luck trying to find Space Marine so I can recruit him. Usually takes me about 3 weeks to finally catch him there. I like to pick up Space Marine as my 2nd top tier merc so that when I really need a full top tier squad, both of the other ones are nearby in town where I can go get them. If I save Space Marine for last I might not be able to get him for several days after I want him.

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
Reporting a Bug/Undesired Behavior:
When a slave (tested with Michelle) is restrained on the Rack and Disciplinary Acts > Whip (Cane) is chosen, some result text is displayed very briefly before switching to a second result text.

I suggest that one user input produce one set of results that does not change until the user makes a new input.
Sometimes the briefly displayed results are several sentences, which is more than most can read in the roughly one second display time.
Using version 0.8.1.5.

Cheers!

Oct 2, 2019
Personally, I am okay with a bad combat system as long as there is a way to skip it. I rather see more progress on the main quest or existing side quests. Anyways, Grim is doing a great job, and I don't want to sound too critical. I would probably be willing to subscribe to his patreon in the future once I have more consistent income

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I actually like the combat system overall. The 2 main issues I have with it are:

1. Melee is basically worthless except as an ammo saving mechanism for easy fights
2. Low and Mid tier mercs have no way to boost health so after the first month or 2 it starts getting very difficult to continue using them unless you just skip all the hard fights or don't care how often your people get taken down in combat.

From what I've heard on discord it sounds like both of those issues are going to be addressed at some point in the combat update.

The only other minor gripe I have with it is how streaky the rewards can be based on drops. Sometimes it's raining plasma guns. Other times I get nothing better than rifles for months at a time unless I save scum. Might be interesting if the weapon drops were more consistent but they were usually broken. So actually using them would require paying to get them fixed or crafting skill high enough to fix them on your own, with the sale price being dramatically lower if you sell the broken ones. I would make it more likely that the most advanced weapons are broken when they drop and more likely that lower tier weapons like pistols and rifles are fully intact when dropped.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes